Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

kurienlur

Dubai, UAE

#16713 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Man3, look up 'village idiot'.
You are a fool.
Robert
Man, put your head in a guillotine and let see your head roll down the hill in a portable toilet, and let see your head be flushed down the toilet.. that would be funny to see, do you not agree>>Robert.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16714 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet nothing makes sense to you, Man3.
You are a fool.
Robert
Naw it's just his private sexual fantasy.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16715 Feb 17, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
RevKen, I express invitations you for research etymology to english word "fudgepacker".
Peace.
Dear Manmanman,

Are you still trying to figure out why you are so obsessed with sticking your proboscis into fresh cowpies?

Undoubtedly, you are a transmigrated reincarnation of Calliphora vomitoria, otherwise commonly known as the Blue Bottle Fly. It is your larval nature.
El Segundo

United States

#16717 Feb 17, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Manmanman,
Are you still trying to figure out why you are so obsessed with sticking your proboscis into fresh cowpies?
Undoubtedly, you are a transmigrated reincarnation of Calliphora vomitoria, otherwise commonly known as the Blue Bottle Fly. It is your larval nature.
Reported, of course.
Robsan5

United States

#16718 Feb 17, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
No "Man3" here.
"Robsan5" equals to viado.
Peace.
So how many names are you using on here, village idiot?

Robert

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16719 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never pretended any such thing.
I have said I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist is with a smirk.
Is that an evil thing to do? Or a good thing?
SMile.
Douchey. Speaking of which....where's my supply?
Robsan5

United States

#16720 Feb 17, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta, don't blame your perverted fetishes on me, you little co:cksu:cking A$$ LlCKING Bastar:d you.
NoIQ, you forgot to mention your favorite word: dick.
Did you and your boyfriend have another fight?
Roberta (just for your gay anal sex fantasies!)
El Segundo

United States

#16721 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many names are you using on here, village idiot?
Robert
Reported, of course.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#16722 Feb 17, 2013
The Bible does not love gay people.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16724 Feb 17, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have context without a word.
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?
Genesis 1:27-28 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth..."

Genesis 2:22-24 (NASB)
The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

Here are some clear conclusions we find in these first two chapters of the Bible.

1. God created man and woman as a reflection of Him. Not man and man, not woman and woman, but male and female.

2. God created them with the specific purpose of procreation. Interestingly, the very primary goal of evolution's mating behavior!

3. In the second description we find that what was once a simple genderless life form, God divided into genders. Again, a concise confirmation of the process of evolution; simple genderless life forms evolving into genders. But again, certainly not an evolution into duplicate genders...

4. But now catch this; God REUNITES the divided life form BACK into a single life form in the form of marriage! This at the very fundamental beginning of human life. And still, NOTHING that even remotely indicates a purpose or even presence of gay couples. No design or plan for homosexuality.

Am I missing anything here yet?

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#16725 Feb 17, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks shiteater for proving once again that the ultimate insult in calling someone a [email protected] Now enjoy your favorite dessert, Shit on a dick.
I don't think it's an insult at all. Is it an insult to say someone is left-handed? Or they are dark-haired? The way you are is the way you are.
And I knew you couldn't go long without posting your favorite word: dick.

Roberta (just for your gay anal sex fantasies!)
Robsan5

United States

#16726 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27-28 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth..."
Genesis 2:22-24 (NASB)
The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
Here are some clear conclusions we find in these first two chapters of the Bible.
1. God created man and woman as a reflection of Him. Not man and man, not woman and woman, but male and female.
2. God created them with the specific purpose of procreation. Interestingly, the very primary goal of evolution's mating behavior!
3. In the second description we find that what was once a simple genderless life form, God divided into genders. Again, a concise confirmation of the process of evolution; simple genderless life forms evolving into genders. But again, certainly not an evolution into duplicate genders...
4. But now catch this; God REUNITES the divided life form BACK into a single life form in the form of marriage! This at the very fundamental beginning of human life. And still, NOTHING that even remotely indicates a purpose or even presence of gay couples. No design or plan for homosexuality.
Am I missing anything here yet?
Smile.
Yeah, Genius, what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16727 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27-28 (NASB)
27 God created...
Am I missing anything here yet?
Smile.
Why does the deformed cynical barbarian who buries knives to the hilt feel the need to quote scripture?
Brenda Lee

Elkhorn, WI

#16728 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Am I missing anything here yet?
Smile.
Active brain cells?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16729 Feb 17, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Genius, what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
Even you are smart enough to be getting the idea of why homosexual is an accurate description.

Right?

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#16730 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Even you are smart enough to be getting the idea of why homosexual is an accurate description.
Right?
Smile.
An accurate description of what word that was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946? And why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

I love rattling your chain, Genius.

Robert

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#16731 Feb 17, 2013
Brenda Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Active brain cells?
Brain cells something you seem to be lacking.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16732 Feb 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27-28 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth..."
Genesis 2:22-24 (NASB)
The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
Here are some clear conclusions we find in these first two chapters of the Bible.
1. God created man and woman as a reflection of Him. Not man and man, not woman and woman, but male and female.
2. God created them with the specific purpose of procreation. Interestingly, the very primary goal of evolution's mating behavior!
3. In the second description we find that what was once a simple genderless life form, God divided into genders. Again, a concise confirmation of the process of evolution; simple genderless life forms evolving into genders. But again, certainly not an evolution into duplicate genders...
4. But now catch this; God REUNITES the divided life form BACK into a single life form in the form of marriage! This at the very fundamental beginning of human life. And still, NOTHING that even remotely indicates a purpose or even presence of gay couples. No design or plan for homosexuality.
Am I missing anything here yet?
Smile.
Given that Adam was a man, and god the took a rib from him and made Eve, She would have then been a man. Its all in the DNA. Who was Adams first wife?

http://www.google.com/url...

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16733 Feb 18, 2013
HOMOSEXUALITY & THE HEBREW BIBLE

"As a result of this serious research, Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill is completely convinced that THE ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXTS OF THE TORAH (the Hebrew Chumash - the Five Books of Moses) HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY CONCERNING HOMOSEXUALITY AS WE UNDERSTAND THE TERM "HOMOSEXUALITY" TO MEAN IN TODAYS WORLD!

Sadly, the reality of our human history is that the texts of Leviticus (and Deuteronomy) which were utilized by the teachers and rabbis of the Jewish tradition to condemn homosexuality, were so employed under a direct and constant danger and THREAT from the dominant and controlling Christian governmental and ecclesiastical authorities who needed to have the "perceived" Jewish interpretation of the texts, as taught by the Jewish rabbinical authorities, to be in accordance with their own Christian commentaries and teachings on homosexuality and what they believed (falsely) to be sexual perversion. Thus, they kept a close watch on what the Jewish rabbis wrote about subjects sensitive to Church dogma.

This period of the condemnation of homosexuals, coincides with similar condemnation edicts against witches, healers, and heretics which began mostly in the 4th to 6th centuries of the common era (CE), which was at least 1500 years after the original texts of Leviticus and Deuteronomy was codified into the Hebrew Torah. This condemnation was largely misplaced and did not represent the actual views of the writers and compilers of either Leviticus or Deuteronomy."

http://www.google.com/url...
Robsan5

United States

#16734 Feb 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27-28 (NASB)
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them....
Here are some clear conclusions we find in these first two chapters of the Bible.
1. God created man and woman as a reflection of Him...
Am I missing anything here yet?
Smile.
Yeah, Genius. Exactly where does it say that woman is created in the image of god? I can see where it says twice that man is created in the image of god, but your quote only says that woman was created.
Please, feel free to add anything you want to the bible.

And what word was replaced with homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After gay couple's home is egged, a community r... 3 min Frankie Rizzo 6
News Bette Midler Apologizes After Coming Under Fire... 10 min Frankie Rizzo 8
News WikiLeaks Outs Saudi Gay Man, Rape Victims, and... 19 min Frankie Rizzo 4
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 32 min Norris 24
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 55 min Frankie Rizzo 38,709
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,694
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 204
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,947
More from around the web