Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36038 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16550 Feb 14, 2013
DMAN wrote:
May god lift all of us up toward heaven.
Physically or spiritually?

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#16551 Feb 14, 2013
If you see Kimare, don't mention that marriage equality just got very real in Illinois. Poor dear is going to blow out a sphincter.

Location hidden

#16552 Feb 14, 2013
DMAN wrote:
With our soul mates right?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16553 Feb 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting. You require a true and correct translation. But, when that fails to produce a proper line of reasoning, in your opinion, you resort to "context" to interpret what was not written.
Some fundamentalist/literalist YOU are turning out to be!
Heck! Except for some of your screwy ideas, you might be just about like the rest of us.
Rev. Ken
RevKen is only criticizing others?
hmok

Roswell, GA

#16554 Feb 14, 2013
the literal only mention of homosexuality in the bible is in Leviticus, and if you still follow the rules of Leviticus then you're not technically a christian.

Location hidden

#16555 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think...
Never mind.
Middlemind, you out there???
Middlemind :)

Location hidden

#16556 Feb 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be funny, to you, Robsan, since you know when you have posted a message.
But, it sure is more than a bit confusing to me.
Yes, Robsan, it's confusing. It's better if you register.

Location hidden

#16558 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new there...
Smirk.
:)

Location hidden

#16559 Feb 14, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
Also funny is "RevKen" is confusing to believe that "El Segundo" and "Manmanman" identities are equal.
Yes, RevKen is far out:)

Location hidden

#16560 Feb 14, 2013
DMAN wrote:
DMAN is back.

Location hidden

#16561 Feb 14, 2013
hmok wrote:
the literal only mention of homosexuality in the bible is in Leviticus, and if you still follow the rules of Leviticus then you're not technically a christian.
True, but even the use of the word homosexual is questionable.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16562 Feb 14, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the mythical account does not describe the full spectrum of human sexuality, all behavior that does not conform to the archetypal and necessarily sketchy description given is not permitted or condoned?
I certainly do not concede that, because an account given in the bible does not elaborate, there is no righteous cause for behavior not described.
The premise for sexual activity - any premise, scriptural or not - does not necessarily describe the personal motivation for the behavior.
However, as Jesus noted, the personal motivation for the behavior is the foundation for the nature of the sin. That distinction was not a part of the Law, because it was personal and subjective and could not be definitively witnessed, except by one who knows the mind and heart of another.
So, no. Your attempt to estabish a premise with which to define the sin based solely upon a description of behavior, for which motivation is not given, is fundamentally insufficient.
Rev. Ken
This isn't about you or your twisted view of Scripture. It is simply and accurately reviewing what the Bible says. You may not like it, but that is simply the reality of what it says.

Moreover, it even fits the design of nature and evolution.

Fundamentally, there is the perfect picture of God designed marriage. There is absolutely no hint of any kind of ss behavior. Perhaps you want to hold your breath for the first observance???

Additionally, you are violating the premise of the question; 'the word translated homosexual in the Old Testament'. Your attempted gay twirl of Jesus is simply not applicable in this situation.

Get with it rev.

Smirk.

“"Do what thou will."”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16563 Feb 14, 2013
the bible is blasphemy.

Location hidden

#16564 Feb 14, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?
With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design, let's look at the very next chapter.

What do you see here?

Genesis 2:18-25 (NASB)
18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

Smile.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16565 Feb 14, 2013
the bible is what is holding our species back. we need to lose it like it's dead weight.

Location hidden

#16566 Feb 14, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
the bible is what is holding our species back. we need to lose it like it's dead weight.
That's deep, are you leading the way?

Smirk.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16567 Feb 14, 2013
Or like its a dead cat hitting a shelf full of used water bottles that are half empty.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16568 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's deep, are you leading the way?
Smirk.
if i have to. we keep sitting around worshiping god we're gonna still be here when the asteroid that's gonna hit arrives instead of pursuing technology and science and reaching out into the universe. there are other planets that can sustain life. given the number of planets there are. and you could play the numbers game again and say given the number of potential life-sustaining planets out there, it would seem silly, perhaps elementary to assume that we are the only forms of life, let alone intelligent life out there.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16569 Feb 14, 2013
Unless the yum yum bird carries us off one by one.

“"Do what thou will."”

Location hidden

#16570 Feb 14, 2013
DMAN wrote:
Or like its a dead cat hitting a shelf full of used water bottles that are half empty.
now that's deep... love it...------- or like it's your finger that you just dipped in a bottle that was full of a substance that you just discovered was urine.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr guest 525
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 1 hr Just Think 52
News Kentucky Has a Gay Senate Candidate - Does Anyb... 4 hr Cordwainer Trout 11
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 4 hr Quirky 2,322
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Truthsayer4 43,057
News 'Homosexuals aren't gay - they are just possess... 4 hr Logic Analysis 33
News The Brady Bunch Actress Susan Olsen Fired From ... 5 hr Ted Haggard s Mas... 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) Thu Truthsayer1 22,547
More from around the web