Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
14,661 - 14,680 of 24,715 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Hindu Guy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Homosexual's are ALWAY'S trying to assault me sexually
Hindu Guy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Homosexuals are ALWAYS trying to assault me sexually

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk all you like. It won't help you to be any closer to right than you were before.
Now you are trying your best to back out of your previous erroneous statements. No can do. You already displayed your problems with the truth of the matter.
Robsan is exactly right in his assessment of your posts.
And, yes, MiddleWay is a bonafide biblical scholar. But, you wouldn't be able to figure out if he is or is not, anyway. Your mind is closed.
See ya.
Rev. Ken
No backing rev, that's you falling from the gay twirl.

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Hindu Guy wrote:
Homosexuals are ALWAYS trying to assault me sexually

Probably best not sit in the sauna with an erection then.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the question.
I answered the question. Go back and look at it.
Smile.
Humor me, I didn't see a Hebrew word, just a lousy Greek interpretation from a Hellenist writing.

Those poor Greeks have a 'camel' going through the eye of a needle instead of knowing the Hebrew word for 'ROPE'.

You might trust their interpretations but as a scholar and a paid researcher, I'll stick with the original, the correct version...

Smirk......

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I said,'SUCH AS the Dead Sea scrolls'.
I did so, because most people are familiar with them.
Judging from your comprehension shown so far, I really doubt you work on translating anything. if you do, you should be fired.
Smile.
Well, fill us in on the others.

I know you are much more educated and do this for a living so please - educate us.

LOL......

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again...
That's because they were written in Hebrew and Greek. Homosexual is an English word.
Smirk.
Still waiting for that Hebrew word.....

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk all you like. It won't help you to be any closer to right than you were before.
Now you are trying your best to back out of your previous erroneous statements. No can do. You already displayed your problems with the truth of the matter.
Robsan is exactly right in his assessment of your posts.
And, yes, MiddleWay is a bonafide biblical scholar. But, you wouldn't be able to figure out if he is or is not, anyway. Your mind is closed.
See ya.
Rev. Ken
These people frighten me. Uneducated, ignorant and arrogant, just the type Jesus warned us about.

God help them....

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No backing rev, that's you falling from the gay twirl.
Smile.
Neither Rev. Ken or myself are gay, nice typical bigoted response though.

Next.....

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
These people frighten me. Uneducated, ignorant and arrogant, just the type Jesus warned us about.
God help them....
Jesus said, "Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye."

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God help them....
Kimare will argue any point with you, just to satisfy his mental masturbatory desires. When backed into a corner, he'll just shift gears, or go into hiding for a little bit.
He can't hide from me, I'm his mangina. I'm going to steal his wife too.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again...
That's because they were written in Hebrew and Greek. Homosexual is an English word.
Smirk.
Not really.

Homosexual (adj.)
1892, in C.G. Chaddock's translation of Krafft-Ebing's "Psychopathia Sexualis," from German homosexual, homosexuale (by 1880, in Gustav Jäger), from homo-, comb. form of Greek homos "same" (see homo-(1))+ Latin-based sexual.
"Homosexual" is a barbarously hybrid word, and I claim no responsibility for it. It is, however, convenient, and now widely used. "Homogenic" has been suggested as a substitute.[H. Havelock Ellis, "Studies in Psychology," 1897]
Sexual inversion (1883) was an earlier clinical term for it in English. The noun is recorded by 1895. In technical use, either male or female; but in non-technical use almost always male. Slang shortened form homo first attested 1929.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Hindu Guy wrote:
Homosexual's are ALWAY'S trying to assault me sexually
So why are you hanging out in gay bars?
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably best not sit in the sauna with an erection then.
Yes, best not, RevKen may be in occupancy!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The Bible is crap.
It doesn't even make good toilet paper! I know I used to ask for a Bible free motel room when I used to travel and if it wasn't removed I would steal it and take it home and use it one page at a time in the bathroom.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

You are all idiots wrote:
Seriously, why is this even a debate? According to the bible we shouldn't eat pork, we shouldn't get divorces, we shouldn't get aroused by anyone other than our partners, and we should treat women as lower-class citizens.
Henceforth any man who tells me homosexuality is an abomination is going to have his wife stoned.
This is a debate because some of us have not evolved as far as others. Those lacking the evolutionary gift of the ability to use reason and logic do not debate the Bible, instead they dismiss it entirely. Those who only use their "lizard" brain believe just any old tale they are told and will kill should someone question it. Every thing they know about God is just something someone else has told them, or they themselves have made up in their own head. They assume everyone else is as stupid as they are so they insist that God is real to them and they know something the rest of do not know. The truth is these individuals are a pathetic evil who exist to make life miserable for the rest of us. There is no God and Christianity is the abomination.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter. You said I am "so stupid because I believe any old tale."
What "old tale" do I believe?
Robert
I give up, which one? Maybe the one that you are a self conscious free individual who lives his life as he wishes? Anyway I do not recall saying this to you. I was under medication a month or so ago and I know I made several error's answer people in the wrong reply screen. If I owe you an apology here it is: I'm sorry.

Did anyone believe you were "so stupid because..."?:)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
From one Rev. to another:
That's funny.
If one is inclined to practice a mantra of "believe nothing," one would have no reason to seek to verify anything.
Obviously, you actually are attempting to believe "nothing." But, equally obvious is your inability to describe just what that "nothing" is.
Rev. Ken
You are nothing.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you want to pick one point to discuss specifically?
Smile.
I myself would like to discuss whether or not God's face has been seen:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."

Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."

1John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."

Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."

Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."

Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."

Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

(also Psalm 63:2 Isa.6:1 & 6:5, Amos 7:7-8, Ezek. 20:35, Ex 24:9-10

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Robsan5 wrote to KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This was your whole point?!? To prove how smart you are?!?
FAIL.
Wow are you stupid.
Robert
That is probably the most objective and impartial statement you have ever written in here. Thumbs up for the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••