Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
14,481 - 14,500 of 24,712 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship.
Delusional Geriatric Troll droppings, Kuntmare.
Troll on, Mangina Man.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

KiMare wrote:
President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship.
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional Geriatric Troll droppings, Kuntmare.
Troll on, Mangina Man.
Are you talking about President Obama or your response.

I simply quoted the definition of a friendship.

Snicker.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

KiMare wrote:
I simply quoted the definition of a friendship.
Delusional Geriatric Troll Droppings.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Lapiz wrote:
<quoted text> Please ignore his nasty demeanor. He is frustrated at not knowing a thing about religion or values.
You the drain spout?....
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Voila wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed! Homosexual 'marriage' is a complete fraud.
It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it, and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole. There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,' and no economically unequal genders are involved.
Why not forget about disenfranchising others in order for force your concocted, failed philosophy into law? Why not try a little live and let live?
There is no rational argument in favor of homosexual 'marriage.' Just calling those who oppose it 'bigots' is no rational argument!
Poor David. Still trying to deny those homosexual desires you have? How's that going?

Robert

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Voila wrote:
<quoted>
There is no rational argument in favor of homosexual 'marriage.' Just calling those who oppose it 'bigots' is no rational argument!
As a taxpayer, I'm entitled to rights. At the moment, we do not have equality. We will have it, soon, and you'll still have the right to disagree.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
David, I don't think it's an insult to say that someone is homosexual, anymore than saying that someone is left-handed is an insult. It is just the way god made you. How can that be bad? You should embrace the way god made you, not deny it.
Robert
How do you know so much about other people?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know so much about other people?
Now thats hilarious..... Talk about a fictional quote....(lol)
Join Free

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Now thats hilarious..... Talk about a fictional quote....(lol)
What do you think is hilarious? Can you explain yourself more clearly? I don't understand you.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think is hilarious? Can you explain yourself more clearly? I don't understand you.
Your above quote... That is just absurd...:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
As a taxpayer, I'm entitled to rights. At the moment, we do not have equality. We will have it, soon, and you'll still have the right to disagree.
Still wondering why two men need the protection and benefits designed for women and children.

Snicker.
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Still wondering why two men need the protection and benefits designed for women and children.
Snicker.
Still wondering how stupid you are.

You are stupid. Fantastically funny, but stupid.
Snort snicker snort.

Robert
Ramona

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Voila wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed! Homosexual 'marriage' is a complete fraud.
It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it, and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole. There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,' and no economically unequal genders are involved.
Why not forget about disenfranchising others in order for force your concocted, failed philosophy into law? Why not try a little live and let live?
You need some new material David you boring sourpuss.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Voila wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you recognize the fact that you cannot refute even one of the points I posted. Deleting them from your reply doesn't make them go away.
Maybe you need to go back for that GED and learn what momentum means. A growing number of states have enacted constitutional amendments against having their citizens disenfranchised on this issue. Some passed with pluralities over 80%. The Supreme Court will soon uphold Prop 8 and DOMA.
Homosexual 'marriage' will one day just be an odd footnote on history.
You had no points worth refuting, dear. They were all the same BS that "others" have attempted to post before.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
We've been down this road, but you simply can't remember with your Alzheimer's.

Troll on, Mangina Man.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Voila wrote:
<quoted text> A growing number of states have enacted constitutional amendments against having their citizens disenfranchised on this issue. Some passed with pluralities over 80%. The Supreme Court will soon uphold Prop 8 and DOMA.
Homosexual 'marriage' will one day just be an odd footnote on history.
You have it backwards, darlin'. In the most recent election, 4 states voted to SUPPORT SSM. The momentum for SSM (support) continues to grow in our favor. You're simply too stubbord to face reality. Further, I wouldn't hold my breath on that Supreme Court theory you hold.

Doesn't matter, your back-woods views are irrelevant to my life.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Voila wrote:
<quoted text>The fact remains that a growing MAJORITY of states have constitutional amendments in place to prevent your ridiculous oxymoron from becoming law and your fellow homosexuals have OVERWHELMINGLY reject homosexual 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that permits it.
The fact remains that those amendments will ultimately be deemed unconstitutional and illegal.

As for the second statement in your run-on sentence, you're simply blowing smoke out your a$$. There may, in fact, be a few gay people who "reject" marriage, just as there are heterosexuals who reject marriage. Overwhelmingly, support and acceptance for SSM continues to increase (except for parts of Africa where fundamentalist Christian preachers are successfully teaching hate theology).

But here's the more important part, which you continually fail to recognize. When we do have marriage equality in the US, it has NO BEARING on your right to believe and practice your faith as you desire. You'll still have the option to to believe that the Bible condemns homosexuality. Nobody wants to take that away from you. You'll also still have the right to denigrate Christians (like myself) who don't happen to think that the Bible actually refers to homosexuality, or homosexual love as we know it in the clobber passages.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Gay couples will never fulfill the core root of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples will never bring the unique product of uniting diverse genders.

Gay couples will never procreate or bring the balance of a mother and father to the child.

The list goes on.

You can create a legal contract called marriage, but that will be all it is. Shallow and far short of the full spectrum of real marriage.

Fake, pretend, imposter and counterfeit don't do your Frankenstein creation justice. Unmarriage is more like it.

Get back to me when you can match the basic essence of marriage.

Smile.
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Gay couples will never fulfill the core root of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples will never procreate or bring the balance of a mother and father to the child.
The list goes on.
You can create a legal contract called marriage, but that will be all it is. Shallow and far short of the full spectrum of real marriage.
Fake, pretend, imposter and counterfeit don't do your Frankenstein creation justice. Unmarriage is more like it.
Smile.
Perhaps you should look up the definition of 'constraint'.

Snicker Snort.

Robert
BOOK OF LIES

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
The list goes on.
Smile.
Life according to Mangina Man.

Laughing my ass off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••