Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 724)

Showing posts 14,461 - 14,480 of24,350
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RevKen struggles hard I think with control-issues. Wonder how the Forum can help him?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

El Segundo wrote:
Homosexuality is the perfect conduit for Satan to work his evil machinations upon society, as the homosexuals can hide behind the Constitution while they work their destruction.
Dear Readers,

The poster of the message above shows good evidence of an extremely homophobic, superstitious and bigoted viewpoint, and also an unusually disparaging regard for the exceptional virtues that are ably defended in the American Constitution.

The Consitution is the very instrument that gaurantees the posting author the right to make such ill-informed and unfounded comments.

As for the author of the post above, "El Segundo," he usually posts under the name of "Manmanman," except when he does not wish to be credited with making the irresponsible statements that he actually believes.

Such misdirecting behavior shows a persistent lack of honesty and a failure to accept personal responsibility. It also shows a condescending disregard for all other authoring posters on these threads.

As far as these TOPIX threads are concerned, let the poster, whether signing as El Segundo or Manmanman, be fed to the likes of NoQ and Robsan and others who have very little tolerance for such feckless drivel.

It is one thing to state one's opinion, whether sympathetic to claims for equal treatment before the Law or unsympathetic for whatever reason one may keep. But, it is another thing entirely to post messages here while also attempting to avoid responsibility for one's own opinions.

Blow it out your shorts, Blue Bottle Fly El Segundo Manmanman.

And "don't go away mad. Just go away."

Let the conversation here get back on topic.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
El Segundo really struggles with personal behaviour. I am not talking about this message, but I am talking about him threating i.e. me earlier; He seems to struggle very hard.
Dear Readers,

The above is another example of Manmanman trying to get attention by answering his own posts (as El Segundo). Apparently he answers to "Ramona," also.

And, LOL!!!.... Yes, I agree. El Segundo (Manmanman) really does struggle with personal behavior.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Manmanman wrote:
RevKen struggles hard I think with control-issues. Wonder how the Forum can help him?
Feeling better now, El Segundo Manmanman 3M MMM Ramona Blue Bottle Feckless Flyboy Shith ead?

We're all pullin' for ya.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So Manmanman is the Santa Cruz Fa$$ot huh. Strange.
Yep. You've got it.

Whether Manmanman or El Segundo or Ramona, these are the same person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Manmanman be the same as El Segundo and a Fa$$ot when El Segundo argues against homosexual practice?

So Lord, I pray for everybody in here, espescially RevKen and NoQ. Amen, and bless all in here. Amen

Hebrew 12,1-3:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Manmanman be the same as El Segundo and a Fa$$ot when El Segundo argues against homosexual practice?
So Lord, I pray for everybody in here, espescially RevKen and NoQ. Amen, and bless all in here. Amen
Hebrew 12,1-3:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Seriously can you really make it rain and fart at the same time..?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Seriously can you really make it rain and fart at the same time..?
I don't understand what you mean?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what you mean?
You seem like the messiah... If true then you could probably conduct a miracle like that..
Ramona

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tourette's_syndrome?
Ramona

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. You've got it.
Whether Manmanman or El Segundo or Ramona, these are the same person.
Not even close. ROTFLMAO
Rodger

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

GentlestGiant wrote:
Christianity is nothing more than a bunch of lies and contradictions piled on top of each other. Jesus and the bible preach about love and tolerance, but his mindless lemmings we call worshippers bring about wars to make others believe in him. God gives us free will, but he forces you to follow him or else burn forever in hell.
Christianity has done nothing more than hold our country's progress back with laws and orders, telling we can't do this, but can only do that. According to the bible, you're suppose to stone your relatives to death for joining another religion. According to the bible, women are nothing more than objects for men. Why aren't you enforcing the bible you zealots punch so much? "WE ARE, WE HATE FAGS"
And if you're one of the lemmings who think gay people are going to burn in hell for having FREE WILL and a right to practice what they want and like, you're no more than a fool, and it'll be people like you who'll be judged by your beloved invisible man when its your time.
This is So untrue. Have u ever even tried to read the Bible. Jesus loves everyone no matter what :) Praying for u

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Rodger wrote:
<quoted text>
This is So untrue. Have u ever even tried to read the Bible. Jesus loves everyone no matter what :) Praying for u
Prove the Bible is actually correct or an accurate reflection of what Jesus was teaching.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Ramona wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. ROTFLMAO
Sorry, Ramona,

My mistake.

However, the posters Manmanman and El Segundo ARE the same person.
Ramona

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Ramona,
My mistake.
However, the posters Manmanman and El Segundo ARE the same person.
You think?
David Is DooDoo

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>You've never read the Bible, right?
Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commands."
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Baloney.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>You've never read the Bible, right?
Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commands."
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Not one is a commandment of Jesus lying douche-bag.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove the Bible is actually correct or an accurate reflection of what Jesus was teaching.
I bet you actually think this is clever, or even ratonal, or "scientific" or a fairminded question.. or anything short of totally ridiculous LOADED QUESTION...that takes a impossible burden of proof and thrusts it on your advesary.

Prove Plato's Dialogues are an accurate reflection of what Plato was teching?

Prove that the works of Socrates or Ciciro were an accurate relection of what they taught?

Rational minds that are not anti-religious bigots dont ask these sort of anti-intllectual loaden questions that no serious person would ever ask.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you actually think this is clever, or even ratonal, or "scientific" or a fairminded question.. or anything short of totally ridiculous LOADED QUESTION...that takes a impossible burden of proof and thrusts it on your advesary.
Prove Plato's Dialogues are an accurate reflection of what Plato was teching?
Prove that the works of Socrates or Ciciro were an accurate relection of what they taught?
Rational minds that are not anti-religious bigots dont ask these sort of anti-intllectual loaden questions that no serious person would ever ask.
Big FAIL Fritz.

Figures.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> You seem like the messiah... If true then you could probably conduct a miracle like that..
That was not an answer to my question. Do you manage to be in dialogue?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,461 - 14,480 of24,350
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••