Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 724)

Showing posts 14,461 - 14,480 of24,655
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ramona

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Ramona,
My mistake.
However, the posters Manmanman and El Segundo ARE the same person.
You think?
David Is DooDoo

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>You've never read the Bible, right?
Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commands."
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Baloney.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>You've never read the Bible, right?
Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commands."
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Not one is a commandment of Jesus lying douche-bag.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove the Bible is actually correct or an accurate reflection of what Jesus was teaching.
I bet you actually think this is clever, or even ratonal, or "scientific" or a fairminded question.. or anything short of totally ridiculous LOADED QUESTION...that takes a impossible burden of proof and thrusts it on your advesary.

Prove Plato's Dialogues are an accurate reflection of what Plato was teching?

Prove that the works of Socrates or Ciciro were an accurate relection of what they taught?

Rational minds that are not anti-religious bigots dont ask these sort of anti-intllectual loaden questions that no serious person would ever ask.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you actually think this is clever, or even ratonal, or "scientific" or a fairminded question.. or anything short of totally ridiculous LOADED QUESTION...that takes a impossible burden of proof and thrusts it on your advesary.
Prove Plato's Dialogues are an accurate reflection of what Plato was teching?
Prove that the works of Socrates or Ciciro were an accurate relection of what they taught?
Rational minds that are not anti-religious bigots dont ask these sort of anti-intllectual loaden questions that no serious person would ever ask.
Big FAIL Fritz.

Figures.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> You seem like the messiah... If true then you could probably conduct a miracle like that..
That was not an answer to my question. Do you manage to be in dialogue?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> You seem like the messiah... If true then you could probably conduct a miracle like that..
Okay, sorry, maybe you answered my question, but I still didn't really get you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know all serious persons, and you know what they will ask?
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So Manmanman is the Santa Cruz Fa$$ot huh. Strange.
"RevKen" is full to shit: The Santa Cruz Fa$$ot is actually "snyper" posting unregistered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
"RevKen" is full to shit: The Santa Cruz Fa$$ot is actually "snyper" posting unregistered.
Care to guess what's under my pet rock?

Epic FAIL NoIQ.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ramona wrote:
<quoted text>
You think?
Yep. Certain of it. When he can't get anybody to reply to his useless comments, Manmanman reappears as El Segundo to insult himself.

Then he usually reappears as Manmanman feigning having been insulted [by himself] and asking for sympathy.

Then he curses the post responder and then claims to make up prayers for those who have insulted him, when in fact, they have merely responded to his post. As a result, he rarely gets a response.

Self-defeating behavior.

Rev. Ken
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
El Segundo, are you Manmanman like Rev Ken says?
LOL! Think about it for a minute. Who is the one who never contributes anything other than to claim that "Manmanman" has an alter ego? "RevKen" is actually "Manmanman".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Think about it for a minute. Who is the one who never contributes anything other than to claim that "Manmanman" has an alter ego? "RevKen" is actually "Manmanman".
:-)
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know all serious persons, and you know what they will ask?
I know a serious question from a loaded one, I know that demegouges expect people to prove a negative.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Marriage is a cross cultural (common to every culture in history)
constraint (defines a unique relationship)
on evolutionary mating behavior (so powerful that it equates to the desire to air and food).

President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship. A description that fits numerous relationships that then must be defined as 'marriage'.

It is an attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship so an imposter relationship can impose itself in a futile attempt to look normal. Ignorantly, it denies the reality that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it stands distinct.

Even more telling, it exposes the insecurity of a relationship that is unable to stand on it's own merits.

Even if a court tries to impose it's ruling on reality, even a child will always be able to tell the difference between marriage and gay couples. Especially if one couple is mom and dad.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not an answer to my question. Do you manage to be in dialogue?
Do you ever manage to make sense.. Or to not be a bullshitting fake....
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Marriage is a cross cultural (common to every culture in history)
constraint (defines a unique relationship)
on evolutionary mating behavior (so powerful that it equates to the desire to air and food).
President Obama's description, "the love we commit to each other", is no more than a friendship. A description that fits numerous relationships that then must be defined as 'marriage'.
It is an attempt to dumb down marriage to a friendship so an imposter relationship can impose itself in a futile attempt to look normal. Ignorantly, it denies the reality that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it stands distinct.
Even more telling, it exposes the insecurity of a relationship that is unable to stand on it's own merits.
Even if a court tries to impose it's ruling on reality, even a child will always be able to tell the difference between marriage and gay couples. Especially if one couple is mom and dad.
Very Good point, you seem to have a clear understanding of whats at issue an the limits of the oppositions propaganda efforts.

"Facts are stuborn things" - John Adams

The left took the very same attitudnal stance when it came to abortion. That oppsition would disappear soon and that abortion would stay relativley rare, and have no further consequences.

Abortion is something that most people have a real interest in, considering that children are a considerable burden and the ability to abort a child can bee seen as a self interest to all.

Even so, the pro-life movement hs been incredibly effective and reilant even after 40 years its stronger tha ever.

Same sex "marriage" has no self interest dynamic amoung most people and once informed theyredily see how dumbing down marriage makes it impossible to address issue's like Fatherlessness, and the like. They also will go to the mat for the basic and uniersally popular idea that children need mothers & fathers.

"an inmoral law is no law at all" - Martin Luther King.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Do you ever manage to make sense.. Or to not be a bullshitting fake....
Can you be specific? What do you want to achieve now?

Since: Jan 12

Santa fe new mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what you mean?
Please ignore his nasty demeanor. He is frustrated at not knowing a thing about religion or values.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Lapiz wrote:
<quoted text> Please ignore his nasty demeanor. He is frustrated at not knowing a thing about religion or values.
Thanks for supporting me. I appreciate that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,461 - 14,480 of24,655
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••