Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,087

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16045 Jan 21, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Seriously can you really make it rain and fart at the same time..?
I don't understand what you mean?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#16046 Jan 21, 2013
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what you mean?
You seem like the messiah... If true then you could probably conduct a miracle like that..
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#16048 Jan 21, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So Manmanman is the Santa Cruz Fa$$ot huh. Strange.
Tourette's_syndrome?
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#16049 Jan 21, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. You've got it.
Whether Manmanman or El Segundo or Ramona, these are the same person.
Not even close. ROTFLMAO
Rodger

Bayonne, NJ

#16050 Jan 21, 2013
GentlestGiant wrote:
Christianity is nothing more than a bunch of lies and contradictions piled on top of each other. Jesus and the bible preach about love and tolerance, but his mindless lemmings we call worshippers bring about wars to make others believe in him. God gives us free will, but he forces you to follow him or else burn forever in hell.
Christianity has done nothing more than hold our country's progress back with laws and orders, telling we can't do this, but can only do that. According to the bible, you're suppose to stone your relatives to death for joining another religion. According to the bible, women are nothing more than objects for men. Why aren't you enforcing the bible you zealots punch so much? "WE ARE, WE HATE FAGS"
And if you're one of the lemmings who think gay people are going to burn in hell for having FREE WILL and a right to practice what they want and like, you're no more than a fool, and it'll be people like you who'll be judged by your beloved invisible man when its your time.
This is So untrue. Have u ever even tried to read the Bible. Jesus loves everyone no matter what :) Praying for u

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16051 Jan 21, 2013
Rodger wrote:
<quoted text>
This is So untrue. Have u ever even tried to read the Bible. Jesus loves everyone no matter what :) Praying for u
Prove the Bible is actually correct or an accurate reflection of what Jesus was teaching.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16052 Jan 21, 2013
Ramona wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. ROTFLMAO
Sorry, Ramona,

My mistake.

However, the posters Manmanman and El Segundo ARE the same person.
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#16053 Jan 21, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Ramona,
My mistake.
However, the posters Manmanman and El Segundo ARE the same person.
You think?
David Is DooDoo

Santa Cruz, CA

#16055 Jan 21, 2013
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>You've never read the Bible, right?
Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commands."
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Baloney.

Location hidden

#16056 Jan 21, 2013
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>You've never read the Bible, right?
Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commands."
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Not one is a commandment of Jesus lying douche-bag.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#16057 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove the Bible is actually correct or an accurate reflection of what Jesus was teaching.
I bet you actually think this is clever, or even ratonal, or "scientific" or a fairminded question.. or anything short of totally ridiculous LOADED QUESTION...that takes a impossible burden of proof and thrusts it on your advesary.

Prove Plato's Dialogues are an accurate reflection of what Plato was teching?

Prove that the works of Socrates or Ciciro were an accurate relection of what they taught?

Rational minds that are not anti-religious bigots dont ask these sort of anti-intllectual loaden questions that no serious person would ever ask.

Location hidden

#16059 Jan 21, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you actually think this is clever, or even ratonal, or "scientific" or a fairminded question.. or anything short of totally ridiculous LOADED QUESTION...that takes a impossible burden of proof and thrusts it on your advesary.
Prove Plato's Dialogues are an accurate reflection of what Plato was teching?
Prove that the works of Socrates or Ciciro were an accurate relection of what they taught?
Rational minds that are not anti-religious bigots dont ask these sort of anti-intllectual loaden questions that no serious person would ever ask.
Big FAIL Fritz.

Figures.

Location hidden

#16060 Jan 22, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> You seem like the messiah... If true then you could probably conduct a miracle like that..
That was not an answer to my question. Do you manage to be in dialogue?

Location hidden

#16061 Jan 22, 2013
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> You seem like the messiah... If true then you could probably conduct a miracle like that..
Okay, sorry, maybe you answered my question, but I still didn't really get you?

Location hidden

#16062 Jan 22, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know all serious persons, and you know what they will ask?
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16063 Jan 22, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So Manmanman is the Santa Cruz Fa$$ot huh. Strange.
"RevKen" is full to shit: The Santa Cruz Fa$$ot is actually "snyper" posting unregistered.

Location hidden

#16067 Jan 22, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
"RevKen" is full to shit: The Santa Cruz Fa$$ot is actually "snyper" posting unregistered.
Care to guess what's under my pet rock?

Epic FAIL NoIQ.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16068 Jan 22, 2013
Ramona wrote:
<quoted text>
You think?
Yep. Certain of it. When he can't get anybody to reply to his useless comments, Manmanman reappears as El Segundo to insult himself.

Then he usually reappears as Manmanman feigning having been insulted [by himself] and asking for sympathy.

Then he curses the post responder and then claims to make up prayers for those who have insulted him, when in fact, they have merely responded to his post. As a result, he rarely gets a response.

Self-defeating behavior.

Rev. Ken
El Segundo

El Segundo, CA

#16070 Jan 22, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
El Segundo, are you Manmanman like Rev Ken says?
LOL! Think about it for a minute. Who is the one who never contributes anything other than to claim that "Manmanman" has an alter ego? "RevKen" is actually "Manmanman".

Location hidden

#16071 Jan 22, 2013
El Segundo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Think about it for a minute. Who is the one who never contributes anything other than to claim that "Manmanman" has an alter ego? "RevKen" is actually "Manmanman".
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 43 min Brian_G 3,475
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 50,041
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 3 hr NorCal Native 123
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 4 hr lides 627
Luhrmann, Gisele hit Chanel's Parisian boulevard 4 hr Jumper The wise 4
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 5 hr Jumper The wise 19
Man Charged in Bushwick Anti-Gay Shooting Left ... 5 hr Jumper The wise 12
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 6 hr BARTHOLOMEW 2,248

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE