Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36055 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14749 Dec 19, 2012
Goddo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your book of truth? Do you have one? You need one, your too negative.
There is no such thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is it not? If one reads the Bible as God's Book of Condemnations, then it becomes a Book of Lies.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14751 Dec 19, 2012
The Book of Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Queers start early in life experimenting with their fathers to see how to be the best that they can be. They give and take and give some more until they're ready for the lifestyle of a fa:ggot. Just like you. The Truth
What drugs did you use to dream up this, or are you just mentally ill?
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14752 Dec 19, 2012
The Book of Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Queers start early in life experimenting with their fathers to see how to be the best that they can be. They give and take and give some more until they're ready for the lifestyle of a fa:ggot. Just like you. The Truth
Is there something you would like to confess here my child?
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14755 Dec 19, 2012
Goddo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all in how you in interpret things. I'm straight, but who am I to judge? I will say that no matter what faith, religion is something people need. How would people act, or behave, if there wasn't anything after this life? They might mean and angry. Hint, hint.
Why do people need religion? What good is it? People fly planes into buildings and murder others because of religion. I see no good in that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14758 Dec 19, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people need religion? What good is it? People fly planes into buildings and murder others because of religion. I see no good in that.
Case in point. Poster "Caleb" comes here day after day attacking people in the name of religion. What a horrible person. He would be much better off without his religious fantasies.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14759 Dec 19, 2012
The Book of Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you done quite well. I believe you.
What a friggin' troll. STFU douche-bag

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14763 Dec 19, 2012
The Book of Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Part One: The Pet Goat

A girl got a pet goat. She liked to go running with her pet goat. She played with her goat in her house. She played with her goat in her yard.

But the goat did some things that made the girl's dad mad. The goat ate things. He ate cans and he ate canes. He ate pans and he ate panes. He even ate capes and caps.

One day her dad said, "that goat must go. He ate too many things." The girl said, "dad if you let the goat stay with us, I will see that he stops eating all those things."

Her dad said he will try it.

So the goat stayed and the girl made him stop eating cans and canes and caps and capes.

But one day a car robber came to the girls house. He saw a big red car near the house and said, "I will steal that car."

He ran to the car and started to open the door. The girl and the goat were playing in the back yard. They did not see the car robber.

More to come.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14764 Dec 19, 2012
Goddo wrote:
<quoted text>
Flying planes into buildings is a terrible example that hopefully well never happen again. I'm just saying people in general feel better, and are better, if they have something to believe in. It doesn't even have to be religious necessarily. That's about all I have to say about that. Be Well.
I agree.

Thank you.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14765 Dec 19, 2012
The Book of Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know all those things about other people?

Location hidden

#14766 Dec 19, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there something you would like to confess here my child?
Do you think this is a good way to make people confess?

Location hidden

#14767 Dec 19, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
What made you so angry?

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#14769 Dec 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You have no basis by which to judge me, hypocrite. You have no idea who I am or what my beliefs are, beyond the thread topic.
I have no basis by which to judge you? That's extremely funny, coming from you.
In truth, I know you. As a former Church employee I've known many people like you.
You're a simpleton with no capacity for free thought. You take everything quite literally and you challenge nothing. You pick and choose the passages in the Bible that denerate others, while ignoring the many other "abominations" that apply to you.
As I've said, you're a cafeteria Christian, and a mediocre one at that.
Besides, I'm not judging you, I'm merely calling you out.
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#14773 Dec 19, 2012
James Aist wrote:
Here are some words of wisdom and encouragement for those of us who do not find the arguments of “gay theology” to be either legitimate or persuasive. Everyone is born into this world with a heart of stone (Ezekiel 11:19 and 36:26) and deaf ears (Deuteronomy 29:3-4). The only ones who can listen to the word of God and believe it are those to whom God has given a “heart of flesh”(Ezekiel 11:19 and 36:26) and “ears to hear”(Isaiah 32:1-4). These are the ones we are able to reach with the truth of God’s word; they are our target audience, if you will. We love the others, but we cannot expect them to agree with us unless and until God gives them a “heart of flesh” and “ears to hear”. That is God’s decision and His work, not ours.
Those to whom God gives a “heart of flesh” and “ears to hear” will, at some point in the conversion process, become “born again”. To be “born again” is not an option for salvation; it is an absolute requirement (John 3:1-8). When one is “born again”, God, by the Holy Spirit, replaces their heart of stone with a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 11:19 and 36:26); that is, He removes the old human spirit they were born with, which is at enmity with God, and replaces it with a new human spirit (Ezekiel 11:19 and 36:26), which is from God (John 3:1-8) and in harmony with God. The “born again” person loves the word of God and eagerly believes (receives) it (1 John 4:6).
James, do you even read what you post?
Since I don 't believe in god, then I have a "heart of stone" and "deaf ears", right? And I have to wait until god gives me a "heart of flesh" and "ears to hear" before I will listen to the word of god and believe it, right?
So that means that god and only god decides who he wants as a Believer. All your preaching won't do any good. God has already made his choices.
So much for free will.

Robert
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#14775 Dec 19, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I blame god because I'm gay, should I blame god because I like to take it up the rear, should I blame god because I like to su.ck a d: ck????
NO IT'S ALL ME, no one else.
Robert
Who am I? I am getting so confused. I didn't think I was gay, but maybe my alternate universe me is gay.
Nice try.

Robert
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#14776 Dec 19, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
James, do you even read what you post?
Since I don 't believe in god, then I have a "heart of stone" and "deaf ears", right? And I have to wait until god gives me a "heart of flesh" and "ears to hear" before I will listen to the word of god and believe it, right?
So that means that god and only god decides who he wants as a Believer. All your preaching won't do any good. God has already made his choices.
So much for free will.
Robert
It seems it is your straw man interpretation of James point andd not the point itself that you have managed to refute.

As for free will, it is a concept that Christanity pionered.

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#14777 Dec 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar of the worst sort who really knows nothing abut me except that I support what the Lord says condemning your sick and God-forbidden lifestyle choice.
The rest is hypocrisy and hate on your part.
Jesus NEVER said anything at all about Homosexuality. Not one word.

I'm sorry, what were you saying about lies/liars?
Jacob

Bradenton, FL

#14779 Dec 19, 2012
Merry CHRISTmas!! Jesus was born on Christmas, which means He's the reason we celebrate!(Sorry if it sounds random, but it's true.)

Since: Dec 12

Los Angeles, CA

#14780 Dec 19, 2012
Alright everyone just needs to calm the fck down fck the bible its ghost written the popes and preists are pedophiles and thats just wrong in so many levels i honestly think if u depend on religon you know you fucked up and are trying to change but just remember sometimes the road to hell is paved with good deeds so everone just needs to stfu and stay off this thread im tired of getting alerts for this page and seeing book of lies and book of truth fighting and other people arguing as well

Since: Dec 12

Los Angeles, CA

#14781 Dec 19, 2012
Jacob wrote:
Merry CHRISTmas!! Jesus was born on Christmas, which means He's the reason we celebrate!(Sorry if it sounds random, but it's true.)
He wasnt born on christmas go do some research

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#14782 Dec 19, 2012
SexyLexii13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasnt born on christmas go do some research
And he most likely wasn't even born in December.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min No Surprise 6,227
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr TomInElPaso 49,613
News Bronx man cuffed after he hurls gay slurs, cane... 1 hr Christsharia sLaw 5
News Yes, 'Homosexual OCD' - A Fear of Being Gay - I... 1 hr Christsharia sLaw 3
News New gay-themed features, docs debut at Hartford... 1 hr Christsharia sLaw 9
News Good First Amendment news 1 hr Christsharia sLaw 6
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 1 hr Christsharia sLaw 39
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr carter county res... 25,722
News Two men caned 83 times at Indonesian mosque for... 3 hr Dr No 63
News Ruling: Refusal to print gay pride shirts not d... 11 hr Frankie Rizzo 272
More from around the web