Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14693 Dec 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
What a bunch of BS. It is nothing more than pointless slang. Your links prove it.

Do you have a life?
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14694 Dec 18, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Wonder what will happen to Caleb if everybody agreed with him in his view (I have no problem with his view.).
When that said, wonder what will happen if everybody agreed with him.
Would he be happy then?
He seems to be an angry and aggressive man?
If he would be as angry, lonely and depressed? when everybody agreed with him, what would it help him?
If he got very happy then, does it mean that he is dependant on other people to get happy and not get his happiness from God?
Probably not. His kind must always live at another's expense. His kind do ethnic cleansing and fly planes into buildings.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14697 Dec 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously a little touchy about once again being proven to be a liar.
If you're not interested in the Bible, a book that repeatedly condemns your lifestyle choice in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments, why are you here trolling?
Your Book of Lies sucks just as much as you do. Why would anyone believe such nonsense?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14698 Dec 18, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Book of Lies sucks just as much as you do. Why would anyone believe such nonsense?
:)
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14699 Dec 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Your bigotry and preference for perversion over God blind your view.
Why do you post on this sort of thread, if you prefer your perversion to God?
because it's a thread about homosexuality, you dolt!

why do you hang around where you obviously know nothing and won't learn anything?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14700 Dec 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are the bigot, posting hate for what others hold sacred.
The Bible repeatedly condemns your perverted lifestyle choice.
You'll never change this fact, and obviously can't just walk away because of your horrible guilt in choosing to live in rebellion against God, shaming yourself and your family.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
here's a thought. you adhere to these and THEN you can point fingers about the passages you think everyone else needs to adhere to!

Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.

Ephesians 4:29-32 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Colossians 3:12-14 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14701 Dec 18, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
homofascist? WTF is that?
Making up words again moron?
she's just projecting her own feelings about herself onto others. pity this poor gal.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14702 Dec 18, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
here's a thought. you adhere to these and THEN you can point fingers about the passages you think everyone else needs to adhere to!
Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.
Ephesians 4:29-32 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Colossians 3:12-14 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
We can't expect someone who only knows six Bible passages to hold an intelligent discussion can we.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14704 Dec 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You really have no comprehension of the Bible, do you! If you believed in what the Bible said, you would want to help those living in homosexuality to stop engaging in the God-forbidden acts that the Bible clearly says will bring on eternal consequences.
If you cared about others, you would warn them of hellfire, rather than trying to lead them to hell!
The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior, as you well know.
NUTTER!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14705 Dec 18, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
NUTTER!!!
How does name-calling contribute contribute positively to this debate?

Location hidden

#14706 Dec 18, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
NUTTER!!!
Namecalling: How does it help you to get where you want?

What do you want to achieve with this name-calling?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14707 Dec 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You really have no comprehension of the Bible, do you! If you believed in what the Bible said, you would want to help those living in homosexuality to stop engaging in the God-forbidden acts that the Bible clearly says will bring on eternal consequences.
If you cared about others, you would warn them of hellfire, rather than trying to lead them to hell!
The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior, as you well know.
and the bible also repeatedly gives admonishments on how to treat others, and YOU ignore them! what a fine upright and Christian example you are.
if you cared at all about how others viewed Christianity, you would take those admonishements to heart and adere to them, without fail. and i'm warning YOU of the hellfire YOU'LL face if you don't adhere to these instructions from God! if you ignore them, you'll burn in that same lake of fire you think all homosexuals will burn. now won't that be rich? you'll see all your frenemies in there, bobbing right along beside you.

so hang up that tiara, princess, and put on your big girl panties.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14708 Dec 18, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
and how does caleb/whatshisnameofmanynames contribute positively to this debate by his own name calling and repititive posts?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14709 Dec 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't expect someone who only knows six Bible passages to hold an intelligent discussion can we.
well. ok. there you go again, using logic and all that kinda stuff.

carry on.

:)

Location hidden

#14710 Dec 18, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
and how does caleb/whatshisnameofmanynames contribute positively to this debate by his own name calling and repititive posts?
I don't know. I am not Caleb. Maybe he knows. I asked you.

Location hidden

#14711 Dec 18, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I am not Caleb. Maybe he knows. I asked you, not Caleb. Best regards
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#14713 Dec 18, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I am not Caleb. Maybe he knows. I asked you.
no. you didn't ask me. you asked someone else. i responded with my question to you about how the fellow with multiple names aids in a positive in this discussion. s/he seems to be the root of the problem here.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14714 Dec 18, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tit for tat type of thing. Personal satisfaction.

Thanks for asking though.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14715 Dec 18, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't kid yourself. He is a great straight man.(I don't mean sexually either.) lmao
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14716 Dec 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't judge others, as you do.
If you cared about your fellow homosexuals, you would warn them instead of trying to lead them to hell.
That's very funny, since your hell doesn't even exist and your Book of Lies is pure fantasy. Now what is your excuse again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min River Tam 15,060
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 4 min Frankie Rizzo 220
XXX Trade 8 min JeronimousPrime 1
News US Navy ship to be named after late gay rights ... 14 min Mite Be 17
News ABC's 'What Would You Do?' Depicts Man Cheating... 14 min Lil Sweet 3
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 22 min Mite Be 32
JADE Thread 26 min Frankie Rizzo 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,685
More from around the web