Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36055 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#14612 Dec 14, 2012
Caleb, want to Skype?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14613 Dec 14, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You truly need to get help for your OCD. You don't seem to have a clue how pathetic you make yourself and your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause look.
You are posting on a thread about the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations of your homosexual lifestyle choice. If you really thought God's Commands against your lifestyle choice were 'drivel' you wouldn't be here 24/7 posting such hate and nonsense. Obviously you are very disturbed about your lifestyle based on perversion and rebellion against God.
You've already FAILED your OCD 'test.' I gave you rational tools to get your own proof and you failed to follow up.
You also failed to provide any evidence or logic to support your ridiculous OCD lie about my identity.
As for 'interpretation,' you have failed to provide even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
These commands are supported by constant discoveries of ancient Bible texts and also by other early Christian writings such as The Didache. Any claims to the contrary are based on pure fiction.]
The main reason you have flunked your own test: "The Spirit of God will not dwell in an unclean tabernacle." Since you've never read the Bible, perhaps you need to know that the 'tabernacle' is figuratively the body that you destroy with your perversion.
Endless repetition. If you don't like gay people get lost! it's that simple.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14614 Dec 14, 2012
Scroooge wrote:
<quoted text> Endless repetition. If you don't like gay people get lost! it's that simple.
He can't do that. David is an Aries. They like butting heads against block walls.

Location hidden

#14615 Dec 14, 2012
Scroooge wrote:
<quoted text> Endless repetition. If you don't like gay people get lost! it's that simple.
Please delete Caleb's (David's) references to the Book of Lies.
Jacob

Bradenton, FL

#14616 Dec 14, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, here you managed to talk about yourself. Congratulations
You're the one who asked how I became a Christian. I just told you how.

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#14618 Dec 15, 2012
Caleb, I have the Skype on. C'mon, lets rub one out together. I promise not to tell anyone (or do a video capture).
Minestattooed

UK

#14620 Dec 15, 2012
Scroooge wrote:
Incest is ok though ! If you think about adom n eve lol

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#14622 Dec 15, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are indeed a tedious troll as advertised and very sick to boot.
Why do you troll Bible threads? You know that you can never change the fact that the Bible forever condemns your homosexual perversion in the plainest of terms, in both Testaments, and forever will.
You do realize that this is cross-posted on the Gay/Lesbian Forum, right? This is not a "Bible thread".

I'm fully aware of what you THINK the Bible says about homosexuality. It's the same thing a local fundamentalist pastor used to preach every Sunday. The same pastor used to cruise the forest preserve to get oral sex from other men. He claimed that he didn't believe the Bible actually said anything at all about homosexuality, but his congregation expected him to condemn it, so he did.
Robsan5

United States

#14623 Dec 16, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Adam and Eve weren't related.
??? Where did Eve come from, David? They are probably the two closest related people ever.

Robert

Location hidden

#14624 Dec 16, 2012
Caleb wrote:
According to all Biblical accounts, Eve was a clone of Adam and therefore had identical DNA.

Are you trying to be stupid?
Robsan5

United States

#14626 Dec 16, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could, I would marry my brother. I like to keep the family close.
Robert
I have a brother?!? Wait a minute! Am I posting as me, or an alternate universe me that has a brother?

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#14629 Dec 16, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do have a brother, just messing with you.
Robert
Am I messing with you or are you messing with me? Or am I messing with myself?

Robert
Robsan5

United States

#14631 Dec 16, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Your filthy fantasies change nothing, and it is not a matter of 'interpretation' or what anyone 'thinks' the Bible says about homosexual behavior. Condemnations of homosexual behavior are repeatedly made in the plainest of language. This fact is supported by all Bible translation, constantly discovered Bible texts, by centuries of Judeo-Christian tradition, and even by other writings contemporary with the early Christian church.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
We're still waiting for you to explain how Adam and Eve aren't related, David.

Robert

Location hidden

#14632 Dec 16, 2012
Paul said all scripture is inspired by God. Did he really include his letters as being part of Scripture? What about all the scripture which is not in the Bible?

Jesus discounted most of the Law of Moses as Laws of man written to burden them. It is clear that Jesus only preached on the Ten Commandments. There are no 'commands' against homosexuality. Anyone who makes such claims hates the Lord.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14633 Dec 16, 2012
What would happen if everybody agreed with Caleb? Would the discussion close then?
Minestattooed

UK

#14634 Dec 16, 2012
Caleb wrote:
lol, so! They have kids n they do so its all incest lol
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14635 Dec 16, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Your filthy fantasies change nothing, and it is not a matter of 'interpretation' or what anyone 'thinks' the Bible says about homosexual behavior. Condemnations of homosexual behavior are repeatedly made in the plainest of language. This fact is supported by all Bible translation, constantly discovered Bible texts, by centuries of Judeo-Christian tradition, and even by other writings contemporary with the early Christian church.
Ha ha ha.... your Book of Lies means nothing.

I spit on your stinkin' God.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14637 Dec 16, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>If you really weren't concerned with God's many condemnations of you homosexual lifestyle choice, you wouldn't be here.
If you felt good about your choices, you could walk away.
ROTLMAO

What a friggin' retard.

Why would I care about your non-existent entity?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jacob

Bradenton, FL

#14639 Dec 16, 2012
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha.... your Book of Lies means nothing.
I spit on your stinkin' God.
The Bible isn't a pack of lies. Everything the Bible says actually happens, and they were written century's apart.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#14640 Dec 16, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>
Wickedness was never happiness.
You must be a most unhappy person the.

ROTFLMAO, WHAT A TROLL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 5 min guest 1,523
News Methodist court ruling a blow for openly lesbia... 27 min Pat Robertson s F... 14
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 30 min Pat Robertson s F... 106
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr DebraE 5,658
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Wondering 25,360
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... 3 hr Wondering 9
News Franklin Graham's Alma Mater Forcing Staff To P... 8 hr Prosperity Fundie... 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 48,191
More from around the web