Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 665)

Showing posts 13,281 - 13,300 of24,663
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Everything spoken online is gods word..... If you don't like random statements,then do not say them aloud...
If I want you to be my teacher, I will tell you. What do you achieve when trying to manipulate me? Isn't it that you don't need to change yourself? It is convenient of you, but it is false of you?

Lord, I lay DMAN in your hands. Let Your Will happen to him in the Name of Yeshua, and bless him and all other in here. Amen
Robsan5

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Nah if i were stalking you... I would use all the best rifles,knives and meathooks... That would be a fresh fun kill.. Even for a worthless WAB like you.. Who makes light a of someones passing.... Typical loser.... TRANNYsand....:) HILARIOUSLY GUTLESS=ROBSAN5...:)
" Who makes light a of someones passing..."?!? When you figure out what this "meens", could you let us know?

Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex, and sex with dead women, fantasies, OCD/ADHD boy!)
biblestudies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I wish I could figure out whats right and whats wrong. I grew up JW and they teach that any "unnatural" desires we have are there because the Devil and his servants are roving about the earth planting these ideas in our minds and hearts. And we should surpress these desires and pray about them to God and talk to ppl about it who will pray for you. They have ppl talk about how successful they are in throwing away bad thoughts.

i personally dont know though. if something feels good between two people and they aren't hurting anyone else, why is it condemned?

why would god hate someone for having a good time?
biblestudies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

i dont think the disease argument is valid because diseases effect everyone whether they are homo or heterosexual. all it takes to counteract that is a condom. the thing about the list in 1 tim is everythin there puts others at risk without them knowing it. homosexuality is not something that makes others suffer because of your actions, unless, you are lying to your partner about the diseases you are carrying. which, again, effects both homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You trivialize the horrible suffering of homosexuals. Much of an entire generation was decimated my AIDS, and there are many other diseases and social ills that continue to cause enormous suffering among those who choose to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior. God's Word stands for all eternity:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
God knows better than man!
Which God David? Your puny God?
Polly Parrot

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
What Jesus didnít say?
If David posted this, it isn't worth reading.
SQUAWK
Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be quite teaching. Do you manage to say something in "I-form"? without convincing, telling me what to do and so on..
What is "I-form"?
Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Anti-Crap Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.. I just want to see the fighting stop. I figured I might ask nicely? Idk.. Male, female, hermaphrodite, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, we are all humans. All the same. I'm straight, some are and some are not. I want to know why we can't get along. That's my only reason for being here.
No offense, but I don't see how anyone would want to be heterosexual, hermaphrodite, homosexual, bisexual, or any of that stuff.
Join Free
Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

alternative wrote:
<quoted text>
Please note that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is a sin. The biblical definition of abomination is that it is a sin (Leviticus 20:25,26.) Nor was the sin of Sodom, homosexuality (Ezekiel 16:46-51.) All other passages referring to Sodom and Gomorrah refer to Ezekiel's take on the sin of Sodom. Fornication refers to pedophilia, temple sex. Adultery was about women as property. Marriage, not biblical, was a civil union from the beginning. It was not important to the Catholic Church until the Council of Trent; approximately, 1450 AD. With Judaism, marriage was a contract. Genesis says nothing about marriage. Marriage was not an ancient Hebrew word and neither was wife. Genesis also spoke of Lamech taking two women. Ever consider that mankind was set up to fail if Eve did not have sex with her sons. Incest was necessary if man was to multiply as commanded. No, God does not tell us what is marriage. The Bible only speaks of marriage. I taught my kids to be responsible with everything they do including sex. I also taught them that there are consequences with everything they do. Jesus speaks the same wisdom. You lay you pay. What is honorable and what is righteous. What is justice. What then is what moral. Nothing immoral about homosexuality.
Go to this website. Then tell me that the Bible says nothing about homosexuality
Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Look up 1 Corinthians 7:1-6.
Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve or Madam and Eve.
Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
It is a long walk, but well worth the journey to find God. He is there for us ALL.
Amen!!
Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents are Christians. I became a Christian because of them. To become a Christian, all you really need to do is repent of your sins. Make sure you give God your whole heart (come to Him whole-heartedly)
I'm with you, Bob.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

biblestudies wrote:
i dont think the disease argument is valid because diseases effect everyone whether they are homo or heterosexual. all it takes to counteract that is a condom. the thing about the list in 1 tim is everythin there puts others at risk without them knowing it. homosexuality is not something that makes others suffer because of your actions, unless, you are lying to your partner about the diseases you are carrying. which, again, effects both homosexuals and heterosexuals.
It could be that the emotional damage might come?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "I-form"?
Talk about yourself, share your own thoughts instead of trying to convince others. That's my challenge, but you do as you want, but I might not hang too much around people who want to change me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Hey, this question was to Jacob, not Bob (but they seem to be from the same place? Are they the same person?)

If this is Jacob, I might challenge him:
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents are Christians. I became a Christian because of them.
Thanks for talking about yourself.

Bob wrote:
To become a Christian, all you really need to do is repent of your sins. Make sure you give God your whole heart (come to Him whole-heartedly)
Here you are selling a message, aren't you?

Can you talk about yourself instead without "selling" or giving advices?

How was this for you? Have you repented? Did you give your whole heart to God? Do you manage to talk about that without selling?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jacob wrote:
Look up 1 Corinthians 7:1-6.
For what? Do you manage to talk about yourself, what you meant instead of giving instructions, instead of telling what I should do, feel and so on...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jacob wrote:
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve or Madam and Eve.
Okay, what's your message?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and your Queer lover Yeshua, you shit eating child molesting Fa$$ot
It's reported of course. How long will you let this person keep on Lord?

I cling to you Lord Yeshua (Jesus). I pray for NoQ, I lay him in Your hands and let Your Will happen to him, and I bless him in the Name of Yeshua, the Son of the Allmighty One. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope AIDS takes you and Yeshua out very soon, Pervert. It's a shame your Queer dad taught you so very well on how to Su:ck D:ck.
It's reported. How long Yeshua will you let him keep on?

I pray for him Lord Yeshua. I lay him in You hands and I ask You that Your will must happen to him. Bless him in the allmighty Name of the One. Let Your will happen to him, lord and Rabbi Yeshua.

I choose to forgive him everything. Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,281 - 13,300 of24,663
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongly vote aga... (Dec '13) 2 min BJ4me 119
Outrage as Australian judge says incest, pedoph... 21 min Observer 20
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 26 min Varitas 50,406
Pelosi backs gay-rights bill despite concerns 29 min Fa-Foxy 5
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 34 min canser suxs 15,417
Tony Perkins Warns Support of Gay Rights by 'Li... 51 min Wondering 8
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 58 min Poof1 1,766
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••