Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,023

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#14298 Dec 6, 2012
Lapiz wrote:
<quoted text> What would an in person meeting solve between the both of you? You would probably be arrested for the thug you are.
A meeting with than fagsandtranny???? I would laugh so hard that i would probably fart and FAGSAND would run away....(lol)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#14299 Dec 6, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Woaw, what happened? Many hours without abuse?
So use some heroin....
Jesus

Sun City, FL

#14300 Dec 6, 2012
Mickaela wrote:
we will all burn in hell, if there is a God,'cuse we have all done some sins acording to the bibel.
ps:the only thing i got aginst homosexuall guys is that they are stelling all the cute boys...
God forgives us for our sins. We won't all burn in hell. Only those who didn't accept Jesus Christ as their savior will be tortured in hell. Jesus gave us the decision to take the responsibility for our own sins, or to let Jesus take responsibility for them. I chose to let Him take responsibility for my sins. Even Christians sin.
Jacob

Sun City, FL

#14301 Dec 6, 2012
Sorry, my name isn't Jesus. I didn't mean to put that there.
Minestattooed

UK

#14302 Dec 6, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
It is a long walk, but well worth the journey to find God. He is there for us ALL.
Balls !!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14303 Dec 6, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> So use some heroin....
Why should I do that? What positive things can that give me? If it can't I leave as stupid idea.
Jacob

Sun City, FL

#14304 Dec 6, 2012
GentlestGiant wrote:
Christianity is nothing more than a bunch of lies and contradictions piled on top of each other. Jesus and the bible preach about love and tolerance, but his mindless lemmings we call worshippers bring about wars to make others believe in him. God gives us free will, but he forces you to follow him or else burn forever in hell.
Christianity has done nothing more than hold our country's progress back with laws and orders, telling we can't do this, but can only do that. According to the bible, you're suppose to stone your relatives to death for joining another religion. According to the bible, women are nothing more than objects for men. Why aren't you enforcing the bible you zealots punch so much? "WE ARE, WE HATE FAGS"
And if you're one of the lemmings who think gay people are going to burn in hell for having FREE WILL and a right to practice what they want and like, you're no more than a fool, and it'll be people like you who'll be judged by your beloved invisible man when its your time.
The Bible doesn't teach you to start wars to make others follow him. It teaches us to love one another, no matter what they do. He doesn't force us to follow Him or burn in Hell. He gives us a choice to either take responsibility for our own sins or to let Him take responsibility for our sins. You aren't supposed to stone people to death for following another religion. You are, again, supposed to love one another. It doesn't hold our country back. It was great before Obama, who isn't a Christian (or at least I don't think so, by what I've seen of him) took office. He made everything worse. We had the greatest economic fall since the Great Depression. Women aren't just objects of men. They're wonderful creations made by God Himself. None of what you said is in the Bible. God is loving - He gave His life for you.
Bob

Sun City, FL

#14305 Dec 6, 2012
GentlestGiant wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't steal that which is already gay.:P
You aren't born gay, if you think that. Just saying.
Join Free

Location hidden

#14306 Dec 6, 2012
Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
God forgives us for our sins. We won't all burn in hell. Only those who didn't accept Jesus Christ as their savior will be tortured in hell. Jesus gave us the decision to take the responsibility for our own sins, or to let Jesus take responsibility for them. I chose to let Him take responsibility for my sins. Even Christians sin.
How did you become a christian? You don't have to convince me about something, what I shall do and so on. Do you manage to talk about yourself in "I-form"?

My best/ Be blessed
Bob

Sun City, FL

#14307 Dec 6, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Yeshua teaches people to pray for their enemies? Smart? Then their enemies might change, and they get a better life?
And they might not get bitter?
Not sure why, but when Yeshua said it, it might be smart to do it? He is so much smarter than me, I think.
Who's Yeshua?
Bob

Sun City, FL

#14308 Dec 6, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you become a christian? You don't have to convince me about something, what I shall do and so on. Do you manage to talk about yourself in "I-form"?
My best/ Be blessed
My parents are Christians. I became a Christian because of them. To become a Christian, all you really need to do is repent of your sins. Make sure you give God your whole heart (come to Him whole-heartedly)

Location hidden

#14309 Dec 6, 2012
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't teach you to start wars to make others follow him. It teaches us to love one another, no matter what they do. He doesn't force us to follow Him or burn in Hell. He gives us a choice to either take responsibility for our own sins or to let Him take responsibility for our sins. You aren't supposed to stone people to death for following another religion. You are, again, supposed to love one another. It doesn't hold our country back. It was great before Obama, who isn't a Christian (or at least I don't think so, by what I've seen of him) took office. He made everything worse. We had the greatest economic fall since the Great Depression. Women aren't just objects of men. They're wonderful creations made by God Himself. None of what you said is in the Bible. God is loving - He gave His life for you.
You seem to be quite teaching. Do you manage to say something in "I-form"? without convincing, telling me what to do and so on..
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#14310 Dec 6, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I do that? What positive things can that give me? If it can't I leave as stupid idea.
Everything spoken online is gods word..... If you don't like random statements,then do not say them aloud...

Location hidden

#14311 Dec 6, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents are Christians. I became a Christian because of them.
Okay, here you managed to talk about yourself. Congratulations

Bob wrote:
To become a Christian, all you really need to do is repent of your sins. Make sure you give God your whole heart (come to Him whole-heartedly)
Here you didn't manage to talk about yourself. You start to sell religious ideas?

You didn't pass the test here. Do you want to try once more? Good luck!

Location hidden

#14312 Dec 6, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Everything spoken online is gods word..... If you don't like random statements,then do not say them aloud...
If I want you to be my teacher, I will tell you. What do you achieve when trying to manipulate me? Isn't it that you don't need to change yourself? It is convenient of you, but it is false of you?

Lord, I lay DMAN in your hands. Let Your Will happen to him in the Name of Yeshua, and bless him and all other in here. Amen
Robsan5

Concord, CA

#14313 Dec 6, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Nah if i were stalking you... I would use all the best rifles,knives and meathooks... That would be a fresh fun kill.. Even for a worthless WAB like you.. Who makes light a of someones passing.... Typical loser.... TRANNYsand....:) HILARIOUSLY GUTLESS=ROBSAN5...:)
" Who makes light a of someones passing..."?!? When you figure out what this "meens", could you let us know?

Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex, and sex with dead women, fantasies, OCD/ADHD boy!)
biblestudies

United States

#14314 Dec 6, 2012
I wish I could figure out whats right and whats wrong. I grew up JW and they teach that any "unnatural" desires we have are there because the Devil and his servants are roving about the earth planting these ideas in our minds and hearts. And we should surpress these desires and pray about them to God and talk to ppl about it who will pray for you. They have ppl talk about how successful they are in throwing away bad thoughts.

i personally dont know though. if something feels good between two people and they aren't hurting anyone else, why is it condemned?

why would god hate someone for having a good time?
biblestudies

United States

#14316 Dec 6, 2012
i dont think the disease argument is valid because diseases effect everyone whether they are homo or heterosexual. all it takes to counteract that is a condom. the thing about the list in 1 tim is everythin there puts others at risk without them knowing it. homosexuality is not something that makes others suffer because of your actions, unless, you are lying to your partner about the diseases you are carrying. which, again, effects both homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14317 Dec 6, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You trivialize the horrible suffering of homosexuals. Much of an entire generation was decimated my AIDS, and there are many other diseases and social ills that continue to cause enormous suffering among those who choose to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior. God's Word stands for all eternity:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
God knows better than man!
Which God David? Your puny God?
Polly Parrot

Santa Cruz, CA

#14318 Dec 6, 2012
Caleb wrote:
What Jesus didnít say?
If David posted this, it isn't worth reading.
SQUAWK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min anonymous 55,926
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 40 min Vitez 1,911
Writer Claims Malcolm X Was Bisexual 1 hr Dford8583 23
Us Aids fight shifts to African-American gay men 1 hr Rock 105
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 49,843
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 2 hr KiMare 437
Two Lesbians, one Gay man elected to Belfast Ci... 3 hr rock white 22
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 795
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 962
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 19 hr Fa-Foxy 64