Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36053 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14227 Dec 4, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Prove there is a David here, idiot.
:)
Robsan5

South San Francisco, CA

#14229 Dec 4, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Hey toe jam face.... How is all the anal fetish eating going shitsandface??? You must be full and have left the asseating table for which you are the queen... Again hopefully those little nocturnal ass dreams of yours do not soak your youre closet you keep hiding in....:)
"Asseating"?!? Another word for "your" Dictionary of "Mispelled" Words.

So Weak. So Lame. So Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, OCD/ADHD boy!)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14230 Dec 4, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for RevKen:
It's reported. I don't want any contact with him before he apologizes. He doesn't respect that. He breaks my boundary.
Not sure why he does that. It is because he has big problems, I think.
Father in Heaven, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, I pray for RevKen, I lay him in your hands and I ask that your Will must happen to him. I give him completely over to you, and I ask that you will give him a new heart, a heart that is as You want it to be, and I pray the same for myself and all other in here.
And I want You to bless him in the Holy Name of Yeshua, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords and all other in here.
Amen.
Insincere.

Rejected and reported.

Rev. Ken

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14232 Dec 4, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>our childish, unsupported, OCD lies about my identity make you look completely ridiculous. You cannot begin to support your lie.
You didn't get past step one. I have given you the tools to do so several times. Apparently it all goes over your head, but proof positive exists. You can know for certain that God exists and the the Bible is true: James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Over verses make it plain that you must reform your life to make yourself open to the Holy Spirit.
If you really 'dismissed' God's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior, you wouldn't be here 24/7 considering yourself waste water. You are obviously having enormous issues.
You know what it takes to put your life on the right track: repent and follow Jesus. It's the only road to happiness.
Wickedness was never happiness. Homosexual behavior leads to eternal punishment.
Prove your God exists using tangible and verifiable, non-ontological evidence.
Prove your God is the right God.
Prove your book is God's real book.
Prove your book has never been mistranslated or misinterpreted.
Prove that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.
Good Luck with that DAVID.
Your two-bit psycho babble is dismissed along with your lies and condemnations.

Location hidden

#14233 Dec 4, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>our childish, unsupported, OCD lies about my identity make you look completely ridiculous. You cannot begin to support your lie.
You didn't get past step one. I have given you the tools to do so several times. Apparently it all goes over your head, but proof positive exists. You can know for certain that God exists and the the Bible is true: James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Over verses make it plain that you must reform your life to make yourself open to the Holy Spirit.
If you really 'dismissed' God's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior, you wouldn't be here 24/7 considering yourself waste water. You are obviously having enormous issues.
You know what it takes to put your life on the right track: repent and follow Jesus. It's the only road to happiness.
Wickedness was never happiness. Homosexual behavior leads to eternal punishment.
Still lying about your identity David? What a Jackass.

More worthless opinions of a foolish man.

More circular reasoning.

More silly phycho-babble mixed with Bible babble.

Prove your God exists using tangible and verifiable, non-ontological evidence.
Prove your God is the right God.
Prove your book is God's real book.
Prove your book has never been mistranslated or misinterpreted.
Prove that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.
Good Luck with that DAVID.

Location hidden

#14234 Dec 4, 2012
Ever heard of a stalemate David?

Location hidden

#14235 Dec 4, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for RevKen:
Here he tries to control me. He wants to decide whether I shall pray or not, and he tries to do it in a respectfully way?
It's all manipulation and control isn't it?
He tries to attack me and tell me what to do?
What I do is observing him, analyzing him and praying for him, and that's not manipulation?
The definition of manipulation, control and so on might be important here?
It seems to me that RevKen has problems when it comes to manipulation, control, insulting+++
So I pray for him:
In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost I pray that RevKen shall be layed in your hands Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that Your will shall happen to him, and I ask that he shall be blessed with all good things:
3. John, vers 2:
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
That is for myself as well; All these prayers and I want it to be for everybody in here.
In the Name of the One, Yeshua.
Amen
No. You are the one who is the control freak. You are the one crossing other people's boundaries and then when they reply to you, you feign injury.

I did not ask you to refrain from prayer.

I asked you, respectfully, to please refrain from praying for me, specifically. I regard such prayers as a clear trespass, because I think you are insincere.

Therefore, your prayers for me are not for my benefit. They are instead, willfully destructive.

Pray all you want. Just leave me out, please. Don't put me in your prayers. Simple enough. Now let's see if you can have enough respect for the other person to do it.

Rev. Ken

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#14236 Dec 4, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
:) You two really love each other?
Like TRUE Christians huh? ROTFLMAO

Since: Dec 12

Peoria, AZ

#14237 Dec 5, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think you yourself manage all those things?
I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't live by it. I don't practice what I preach. I preach what I practice.
tommyy69 mmm

UK

#14238 Dec 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you Queer. Who's this Yeshua dude. Is he your Queer lover or your only imaginary friend. Stupid A$$ CSer.
Omg these serious f,u,c.ked up idiots have not got a clue, they think everybody "has a serious problem" gang of inbread fu,ck,e,d up texans go an DIEEE

Location hidden

#14239 Dec 5, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Insincere.
Rejected and reported.
Rev. Ken
Not for RevKen:
I put RevKen in your hands Lord. Let Your will happen to him.

Amen

Location hidden

#14240 Dec 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you Queer. Who's this Yeshua dude. Is he your Queer lover or your only imaginary friend. Stupid A$$ CSer.
It's reported of course.

Then I pray for NoQ and put him in Your hands Lord. Amen.

Location hidden

#14241 Dec 5, 2012
Not for RevKen:

It's reported of course. Addressing to me when I don't want him to address to me.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are the one who is the control freak. You are the one crossing other people's boundaries and then when they reply to you, you feign injury.
I did not ask you to refrain from prayer.
I asked you, respectfully, to please refrain from praying for me, specifically. I regard such prayers as a clear trespass, because I think you are insincere.
Therefore, your prayers for me are not for my benefit. They are instead, willfully destructive.
Pray all you want. Just leave me out, please. Don't put me in your prayers. Simple enough. Now let's see if you can have enough respect for the other person to do it.
Rev. Ken
What does he do here? He tries to control whether I shall pray for him or not, but actually we are not in dialogue because he owes me an excuse, so he can't reach me?

He can't talk to me or influence me as long as he doesn't bow down and say sorry for his terrible behaviour and starts to be respectful?

If that happens we might be in dialogue? but he can't reach me now?

He continously breaks my boundaries.

He didn't ask me to refrain from prayer. He is right in that I guess. He just didn't want me to pray for him, but he can't reach me, because we are not in dialogue.

I guess he is right in what he says. The problem is that he can't reach me. We are not in dialogue?:)

So what he says is not for me?

At the end he might try to control me. He doesn't want me to pray for him, and he tries to make me feel guilty if I do.

The problem is that I don't "hear" him. We are not in dialogue. There is something between us, and that is his terrible behaviour that he hasn't repented of.

If he did, we might be in dialogue, and I might hear him, listen to him and respect him. Now he continously shooting at me, and he hasn't repented for his old sins.

He is like a terrorist? And it is not right to dialogue with terrorists?

I think he is right, but there is only one problem. We are not in dialogue? He can't reach me because he hasn't repented of his evil terrible behaviour.

So then I might be free to do whatever I want:

It seems to me that RevKen is proud and has a lot of problems.

I can't change him.

Lord Yeshua, I put him in your hands and let Your Will happen to him.

Amen.

Location hidden

#14242 Dec 5, 2012
Anti-Crap Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't live by it. I don't practice what I preach. I preach what I practice.
Okay, what does it give you? What do you achieve?

Since: Dec 12

Peoria, AZ

#14244 Dec 5, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, what does it give you? What do you achieve?
Good point.. I just want to see the fighting stop. I figured I might ask nicely? Idk.. Male, female, hermaphrodite, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, we are all humans. All the same. I'm straight, some are and some are not. I want to know why we can't get along. That's my only reason for being here.

Location hidden

#14246 Dec 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you Fa$$ot, of course. Go lick a shit pop for your snack. Pervert
It's reported of course. Who's Fa$$ot? That's not me. Lord, I lay him in your hands. Amen
Gary

United States

#14249 Dec 5, 2012
Any gay men here like a full frontal n u d e ?

Location hidden

#14250 Dec 5, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
MMM,
I am not interested in your excuses.
I have asked you to leave me OUT of your prayers.
You continuously violate the boundaries of people with your protestations, feigns of injury, curses and supposedly benign prayers.
No thanks. Not interested.
It's reported of course. It seems that he doesn't threat MMM very well.

I don't know who MMM is, but I haven't seen that someone called MMM has prayed for him lately. Have you?

Maybe Revken is confused? If he is, he has problems. Maybe he needs prayer? My experience is that RevKen has problems. He injures people, laughs at people...

So Lord Yeshua, I leave him in Your hands. Let Your Will happen to him, and bless him and all other in here. In the Name of Yeshua. Amen.

Location hidden

#14253 Dec 5, 2012
Gary wrote:
Any gay men here like a full frontal n u d e ?
Probably no more so than any heterosexuals here.

This particular thread is on The Episcopal Church Forum of Topix under the thread heading: "Homosexuality and the Bible."

It is supposed to be a discussion about how the Bible has been interpreted to present guidance in these issues.

Unfortunately, you and some others here are trolling the Topix threads for psychic gratification and are landing here and in other places in ignorance of Topix Terms of Service.

Begone,....Green Bottle Fly!
rider

Marquette, MI

#14254 Dec 5, 2012
Why I won’t be cheering for old Notre Dame
Posted by Melinda Henneberger on December 4, 2012 at 11:02 pm-- Everyone’s always saying how God’s on Notre Dame’s side,” she added.“And I think,‘How could he be?’“

Well, since you asked — and many of my friends have, some more than once — no, I will not be cheering for my alma mater, the University of Notre Dame, to win big-time college football’s championship on Jan. 7. What’s really surprising me are those who believe as I do that two players on the team have committed serious criminal acts – sexual assault in one case, and rape in another — but assumed that I’d support the team anyway, just as they are.

Sexual violations of all kinds happen on every campus, I know, and neither man will ever be found guilty in court; one of the victims is dead and the other, according to the Notre Dame student who drove her to the ER afterward, in February 2011, decided to keep her mouth shut at least in part because she’d seen what happened to the first woman. Neither player has ever even been named, and won’t be here, either, since neither was charged with a crime.

The Department of Education’s civil rights office is well aware of the second case, though; in fact, federal investigators were on campus when it occurred, as part of a seven-month probe into the way Notre Dame handles such reports. And as a result, with its Title IX funding on the line, the university marked the 40th anniversary of coeducation in 2012 by changing the way it investigates sexual assault for the second time in two years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min Rose_NoHo 6,968
Straight man recalls horrific sexual assault at... 26 min Arnold 4
News Copy-Illinois employees under investigation for... 1 hr Cazzy Calhoun 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 52,156
News Charlize Theron admits to taking 'a dip in the ... 1 hr Wondering 14
News Dear Abby: Mixed messages from mom have teen lo... 1 hr Dugan 1
News A1's Ben Adams under fire for controversial 'ga... 1 hr Dugan 1
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 4 hr Howser 30
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 12 hr TomInElPaso 108
News Catholic church in Cambuslang praised for issui... 19 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 3
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 19 hr Tre H 502
More from around the web