Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36024 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13530 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>If fully answered the 'question' of an OCD radical homosexual idiot.
Not for Caleb:

Wastewater and Caleb really love each other?:) They are so "nice" to each other?

Location hidden

#13531 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>If fully answered the 'question' of an OCD radical homosexual idiot.
Not for Caleb:

Wastewater and Caleb really love each other?:) They are so "nice" to each other?:-)

Location hidden

#13532 Nov 25, 2012
Wastewater and Caleb are best-friends?:-):-):-)

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#13535 Nov 25, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this baloney?
OH
MY
GOD
You should really do some research...

Matthew 19:8 ESV
He said to them,“Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
Did you read that last sentence? It was a statement that divorce didn't exist for the people of God PRIOR to Moses. I'll paste the sentence and you read it nice and slowly okay"
"...but from the beginning it was not so.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 ESV (position of God on marriage)
To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#13538 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice coverup, Trailer Trash. We know you were made to change it. HaHaHaHa Besides, everyone knows you're a perverted Freak. LMFAO
actually i wasn't ... but who cares... hey how was your first time getting penetrated today.... biatch..lol

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#13539 Nov 25, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
From first Creation story.
27 So G-d created humankind in His own tzelem, in the tzelem Elohim (image of G-d) created He him; zachar (male) and nekevah (female) created He them.
28 And G-d blessed them, and G-d said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
No marriage required. Sex is however.
Your post makes no sense.
Your logic is twisted as you leave out other parts of the first creation story to fit your personal belief. Therefore your post really doesn't make any sense because you purposefully left out information you don't like.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0102.htm

Gen. chapter 1.

27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them:'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth.'

Gen chapter 2.

21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the place with flesh instead thereof.
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from the man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And the man said:'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.

People that purposefully leave out pertinent information to a subject they speak to others about, they reveal much about their twisted intent to prove something with malicious intent to deceive the listener. Nice job :)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13541 Nov 25, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Wastewater and Caleb are best-friends?:-):-):-)
Sure we are. We are simply here to keep you entertained.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13542 Nov 25, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You should really do some research...
Matthew 19:8 ESV
He said to them,“Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
Did you read that last sentence? It was a statement that divorce didn't exist for the people of God PRIOR to Moses. I'll paste the sentence and you read it nice and slowly okay"
"...but from the beginning it was not so.
1 Corinthians 7:10-11 ESV (position of God on marriage)
To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.
I pointed out that the two creation accounts are disparate stories. Since most Christians pick and choose their way through the Bible, then if follows, I can pick which ever account I agree with. The fact remains, that neither creation account says anything about marriage.

FAIL

Better luck next time.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13543 Nov 25, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is twisted as you leave out other parts of the first creation story to fit your personal belief. Therefore your post really doesn't make any sense because you purposefully left out information you don't like.
Gen. chapter 1.
27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them:'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth.'
Gen chapter 2.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the place with flesh instead thereof.
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from the man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And the man said:'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.
People that purposefully leave out pertinent information to a subject they speak to others about, they reveal much about their twisted intent to prove something with malicious intent to deceive the listener. Nice job :)
BTW, there is nothing malicious. I don't believe the Bible to be anything more than a book of fairy-tales.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#13544 Nov 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona,
These people might as well be fruitcakes.
They make stuff up to suit themselves and their cockamamie ideas.
They say that they literally believe in the bible. But, they don't read it.
For instance:
Bible lesson #1, this Sunday morning is Genesis Ch. 1,2 and 3.
Nowhere in the two accounts of the creation of man and woman does God marry them.
...and you call yourself a minister? With what degree? And with what ordination? Your own doing?
You claim Adam and Eve weren't married in the beginning because it doesn't mention them being married. So since it wasn't stated they were married, you take the "missing information" literally to show in your twisted reasoning, God allowed Adam and Eve to shack without being married yet later he's all about marriage and it's literal holy sanctity. He even makes who knows how many laws for marriage.
So you're insinuating God was undecided about marriage in the beginning because it doesn't mention that God married them. That after the boot from the garden of Eden, you believe he let them shack up and have all the sex they wanted out of wed lock.
Well since you take things for literal because of information, you can't justify believing in any more of the written word after Cain's punishment. Do you know why you can't by your ministering logic? Because it's not recorded that Adam and Eve had any daughters. Without daughters their can be no infants, no future generations of humans. By your logic, since it's recorded that Adam and Eve ONLY had two sons, the Bible by your logic has to quit with the punishment of Cain. That is your ministering logic. See, you won't "assume" that just maybe God married Adam and Eve, so you can't "assume" that they had daughters. And you want to judge me with fruitcake logic? lolol....fricking pleassseeee lolol.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13545 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
Any way you cut it, all homosexual behavior is repeatedly condemned in the Scriptures. Any case to the contrary is based on fiction.
Your Bible is a book of fiction also.

It doesn't condemn homosexual behavior because the whole concept to which you refer did not exist when the book of fairy tales was written.

FAIL

Better luck next time David.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#13547 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Wh_ore, but no one will or has ever penetrated me. Unlike some of the hideous things you have done or let be done to you. Stupid Perverted Freaks
mmmmmmmmm i love getting penetrated in every orifice....i'm glad to here your first time went well... biatch

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#13548 Nov 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona,
I have some more for you using your (if it isn't written it didn't happen logic) okay?

Gen 2:

Using your "missing information" logic, the above has to be an absolute out right lie by your logic. Know why? Hmmm? feel like you're being baited?:)
Adam didn't have parents. God didn't tell him anything about parents. God didn't tell Adam when a child is born of a mother and father that makes them their parents or, "father and mother."
By your logic Adam lied about a man leaving his father and mother. He couldn't of known what a father and or mother was because we have no information of God teaching Adam concerning them. Get the far reaching fruit cake implications of your twisted logic that you assume Adam and Eve weren't married because it doesn't say they were? do you get the implication of your twisted logic when used for other areas where information doesn't exist?
And you call yourself a minister?

Location hidden

#13549 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>The Very Un-reverend Ken is no minister- at least of a Christian church.
Obviously, when God creates a woman for a man and gives her to him, it is a Divinely appointed marriage.
People who choose to live in open rebellion against God, such as homosexuals, cannot understand the truth. They sin against the Spirit and the Spirit is not in them. Only with repentance can they see the truth.
Why should I believe you David? God is NOT in you. Your words are empty.

What a Jackass.

Location hidden

#13550 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>The Very Un-reverend Ken is no minister- at least of a Christian church.
Obviously, when God creates a woman for a man and gives her to him, it is a Divinely appointed marriage.
People who choose to live in open rebellion against God, such as homosexuals, cannot understand the truth. They sin against the Spirit and the Spirit is not in them. Only with repentance can they see the truth.
Sexist tripe!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#13551 Nov 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona,

Gen 2:

How about this one?
Adam lied about the word wife! Hey, this is your fruit cake twisted reasoning!
Gen 2: 24 is the first time the word wife is used. But with your logic, that has to be an out right lie! Adam and Eve weren't married to you. They were shacking up out of wed lock and doing the nasty and only had two sons and no daughters.
So neither did he know about parents. So neither would he have known any parental terminology of a subject God didn't teach him about. So Adam wouldn't have written about something that it's not recorded that God didn't teach him about. That is your logic. So for you, the Bible has to be an absolute lie after the verses describing Cain's punishment. The lies would really begin with Cain having a wife. If Adam didn't have a wife, Cain could never of had a wife because to your logic, there is no record of daughters being born to Adam and Eve.
And you really minister this logic to others? Whew, I'm not sure if I have more sorrow for your purposeful pathetic ignorance or the damage you do to others who listen to your idiocy.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#13553 Nov 25, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text> I blame Sarah Palin. She gave stupid people the idea that it's ok to talk about things they know nothing about.
You have spoke of things you know nothing about, so according to your own words, you must imitate Palin quite often, like your stating that illegal aliens don't receive welfare or food stamps :)

Location hidden

#13554 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>No, Gospel Truth.
If you really totally disregarded the Bible as you claim, you wouldn't be here 24/7 posting hate and lies and considering yourself waste water for choosing to live in open rebellion against God.
Repentance is your only route to happiness.
You said that already David. I didn't believe you the first time. Why should I believe you now?

How can I live in rebellion to a non-existent entity?

What you are saying makes no sense.

Location hidden

#13555 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>No, Gospel Truth.
If you really totally disregarded the Bible as you claim, you wouldn't be here 24/7 posting hate and lies and considering yourself waste water for choosing to live in open rebellion against God.
Repentance is your only route to happiness.
What about non-belief?

I am perfectly happy not believing in your fantasy David.

Are you happy?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#13556 Nov 25, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed out that the two creation accounts are disparate stories. Since most Christians pick and choose their way through the Bible, then if follows, I can pick which ever account I agree with. The fact remains, that neither creation account says anything about marriage.
FAIL
Better luck next time.
You fail with your own reasoning. And you do the same thing your so "critical" about of other Christians.
In the two stories though different, the idea of what we call procreation is in both stories.
In Gen 1 the command for procreation is given twice. Once for all living things (except humans) and then a command to just humans to procreate.
But Gen 2 obviously (to an unbiased mind) explains the relationship that is to be taking place where that procreation is suppose to happen for humans. Adam even uses the word "wife" which insinuates he understood it as a "marital" terminology which insinuates he understood what marriage was and what it was for.
But of course you evidently wish to purposefully ignore that evident information and that is your choice, though it be ignorance on your part to make such a choice in spite of the evidence other wise provided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 2 min ImFree2Choose 490
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 19 min Terra Firma 12,903
News APNewsBreak: Few vets expelled under 'don't ask... 39 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 1
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 52 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 834
News Minority Party Makes a Major Shift in House 58 min tomin cali 7
God is Angry with the Homosexuals!!! 1 hr Queer Hater 2
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 1 hr Mite Be 1,657
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr TomInElPaso 37,186
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 32
More from around the web