Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 632)

Showing posts 12,621 - 12,640 of24,666
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Not for RevKen:

It's reported. He broke my boundaries again, poor guy, makes so many mistakes in public. He struggles.

Let's look at him:
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Excusez Moi, MMM!
Post #13442 is the one where you question another for doing what you nearly always do. But, you go a fair step further.
You actually try to enjoin the help of others here in hurling curses at people who hold you accountable for your Topix misbehavior.
Here he tries to speak to me, but I think it is right of me not to listen to him because I don't invite him into my life?

He talks a lot about me. Wonder what he is up for? Wonder what his mission is? To change me? To influence me? Make me angry? How can it help him if he manages that if that is his mission? I am only guessing. I don't know what his mission is.

Maybe I will fail one day and let him succeed in his mission. Help me Lord.

RevKen wrote:
Anyway, your curses are primitive and amatuerish and not to be worried about, except for the fact that as you level them against a disciple of Christ, you build up an inevitable response of the same type for yourself.
So he talks negative about me? Tries to change me, influence me? Maybe he will succeed one day?

But if he succeeds, will he happy then? If he has managed to change me, control me, manipulate me to be as he wants me to be, will he be happy then?

Lord help me.

I guess I need your complete armour: 100 %; 99% might not be enough, I think.

RevKen wrote:
Be careful what you pray for.
Rev. Ken
It's the same again, isn't it? Trying to control me and influence me. Maybe he will succeed one day? You never know.

Lord help me. I guess I need 100 % armour if I shall stand and not fall.

I pray for RevKen. I put him in your Hands, and I want your will to happen to Him. I bless Him in the Name of the Allmighty Yeshua, and I bless all other people in here in the Name of Yeshua.

I need 100 % protection, not one single part the armour must be missing.

Amen

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
Not for RevKen:
It's reported. He broke my boundaries again, poor guy, makes so many mistakes in public. He struggles.
Let's look at him:
<quoted text>
Here he tries to speak to me, but I think it is right of me not to listen to him because I don't invite him into my life?
He talks a lot about me. Wonder what he is up for? Wonder what his mission is? To change me? To influence me? Make me angry? How can it help him if he manages that if that is his mission? I am only guessing. I don't know what his mission is.
Maybe I will fail one day and let him succeed in his mission. Help me Lord.
<quoted text>
So he talks negative about me? Tries to change me, influence me? Maybe he will succeed one day?
But if he succeeds, will he happy then? If he has managed to change me, control me, manipulate me to be as he wants me to be, will he be happy then?
Lord help me.
I guess I need your complete armour: 100 %; 99% might not be enough, I think.
<quoted text>
It's the same again, isn't it? Trying to control me and influence me. Maybe he will succeed one day? You never know.
Lord help me. I guess I need 100 % armour if I shall stand and not fall.
I pray for RevKen. I put him in your Hands, and I want your will to happen to Him. I bless Him in the Name of the Allmighty Yeshua, and I bless all other people in here in the Name of Yeshua.
I need 100 % protection, not one single part the armour must be missing.
Amen
You dumb bunny, MMM!

I am already in the Lord's hands!
I am already working in His will!

So, yes! I thank you for the blessing in the Name of Almighty Yeshua!

Oh, and just a reminder. Be sure to take a sh_t first, before you put on the bottom half. Otherwise, the next time I respond to one of your responsive denials, you will make it mighty smelly in there!

LMFAO!(The F stands for Friar.)

Have some sweet potato casserole with baked and salted pecans on top. Mine is delicious. I'll give you the recipe, if you want it.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Not for RevKen:

Lord, help me. I am weak.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear MMM,
Its reported, of course.
He starts to break my boundaries again. Wonder what he shall report:) He does a lot of mistakes. He calls me MMM I think when I guess he knows I want to be called Manmanman.

RevKen wrote:
Your reply above to my post#13447 is proof enough that you are in dialogue with me, whether or not you try to say your response is "not for" me, or for that matter, when you write it is not for any particular one. The expression just means that you were insulted by the fact that someone responded to you.
Again he is talking to me. He is using the word "you" again and again.

Not sure what he wants to achieve? Change me?

Help me Lord. What will happen if he manages to change me? What will happen if he doesn't?

RevKen wrote:
Where do you get off getting insulted by someone responding to you? What do you post for, here, anyway?
Do you post just to see your own letters going out into the void? Or do you actually expect someone to take notice and to reply?
Here it seems that he tries to get in dialogue with me. Asking questions can sometimes be a good way to be in dialogue especially when the questions are open, not only leading yes and no-questions?

Then it might be important for me to remember that I shall not dialogue with terrorists?

RevKen wrote:
By responding as you do, in denial of conversation while replying point by point, you prove yourself to be a fearful little twerp with no reason for posting at all.
Then, when you follow with your veiled threats of terrible fates and insincere prayers for the one who has taken you to task for your feckless pronouncements, you do no one any favors, yourself especially.
Blow it out your backwards pointing bazooka, MMM. And then remember to flush twice.
Have some more of that dark meat and mashed potatoes and gravy. You'll feel better and you won't worry so much about who might be crossing your imaginary boundaries.
Here he comes with a lot of shit. By the way, who is MMM?(I am Manmanman.) So he probably is full of shit? Hmmm. He needs prayer then? I can pray afterwards.

RevKen wrote:
<
Happy Thanksgiving to you, together with a reminder to get onto the thread topic, Homosexuality and the Bible, and get off your sorry ass.
Rev. Ken
Again he tries to get in contact with me and influence me? I don't know what he tries to. I am guessing. Wonder what will happen to him if he doesn't manage to do what he achieves? Will he be angry then or? Be more tricky or? I don't know.

He might be more aggressive? I don't know.

Lord, I pray for RevKen, I put him into your hands, and I want Your will to happen to him. Bless him and give him all good things in the Name of Yeshua, the Son of the Allmighty One.

Amen.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are to be commended, Modernhippie, for at least reading it. Many refuse to read it and will criticize anyway. Many others read it, some for an entire lifetime, forming their bulldogged opinions about what is told within it. Yet, their opinions become developed in a shallow hypocrisy only based upon their personal experiences and the fearful biases they have developed through their associations with others.
Few actually take time to search for the parallels and the differences that exist within themselves that the bible can help them see.
And you have taken your own advice? Not.
Fact #1. The writers of the Christian Bible have well established that God is anti-sex outside of a marriage between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #2. The Bible does not support nor validate in a single solitary scripture any other form of marriage, except that between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #3. The writers of the books in the Christian Bible have listed nearly any form of sexual relations as being wrong and or a sin, except that which is done in a marriage between a man and a woman(s). Can you imagine the extent of the writings existing just 2000 years ago and how many other prohibitions against sexual relations were spoken against that we don't have knowledge about now?
Believing in same sex marriage/relations is one thing. But to try and establish a connection between same sex marriage/relations and the Bible supporting it, it's a lost cause that should never have been began. The God of the Christian Bible is anti-sex except for one relationship he specified and set forth himself. Tough to accept I understand for those that wish to believe/think other wise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Not for RevKen:

He is writing to MMM. Who's that? I am Manmanman, so this time he didn't respond to me. He responded out in the air if there is not someone here called MMM, but he responded to my post, so I don't know...

Let's look at him:
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb bunny, MMM!
I am already in the Lord's hands!
I am already working in His will!
So, yes! I thank you for the blessing in the Name of Almighty Yeshua!
He starts to call someone a "dumb bunny, MMM!". Okay. And then he says he is in the Lords's hands and that he is working His will. Okay. Why did he say that? Has "a dumb bunny, MMM" said something different, or? I don't understand this.

And then he thanks MMM for a blessing. Hmmm. Who is MMM? Has someone called MMM blessed him? Is he confused?

RevKen wrote:
Oh, and just a reminder. Be sure to take a sh_t first, before you put on the bottom half. Otherwise, the next time I respond to one of your responsive denials, you will make it mighty smelly in there!
LMFAO!(The F stands for Friar.)
This was strange? What is he trying to communicate here? I have no idea. Maybe he struggles to communicate also, or maybe I am not good to understand:) Not sure :)

RevKen wrote:
Have some sweet potato casserole with baked and salted pecans on top. Mine is delicious. I'll give you the recipe, if you want it.
Rev. Ken
Then he starts to talk about food and try to influence this MMM. Hmm...

Lord Yeshua, I pray for RevKen, I put him in your hands and ask You to bless him and give him all good things in the Name of Yeshua.

Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Not for RevKen, only for the wise in here:

RevKen might have some problems. There is nothing I can do to change him. I might need to get help to handle it:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact #1. The writers of the Christian Bible have well established that God is anti-sex outside of a marriage between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #2. The Bible does not support nor validate in a single solitary scripture any other form of marriage, except that between a man and a woman(s).
Fact #3. The writers of the books in the Christian Bible have listed nearly any form of sexual relations as being wrong and or a sin, except that which is done in a marriage between a man and a woman(s). Can you imagine the extent of the writings existing just 2000 years ago and how many other prohibitions against sexual relations were spoken against that we don't have knowledge about now?
Believing in same sex marriage/relations is one thing. But to try and establish a connection between same sex marriage/relations and the Bible supporting it, it's a lost cause that should never have been began. The God of the Christian Bible is anti-sex except for one relationship he specified and set forth himself. Tough to accept I understand for those that wish to believe/think other wise.
I agree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Not saying that RevKen is stupid or not wise or something like that, just that I don't wanna debate with him as long as he doesn't apologize and repent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Or actiually some places it seems that He is positive to prostitution in some cases?

Not sure if He is 100 % against it?

There could be some more exceptions?

One of the prophets visited a prophet once I think, and he didn't get any punishment from above with that, I think.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you find it even a little strange that no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition supports the lies you so desperately want to believe?*ALL* support the Bible's many crystal clear commands against *ALL* homosexual behavior.
David, stop it.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
God is anti-sex, eh?

I am so sorry for your loss.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Or actiually some places it seems that He is positive to prostitution in some cases?
Not sure if He is 100 % against it?
There could be some more exceptions?
One of the prophets visited a prophet once I think, and he didn't get any punishment from above with that, I think.
I believe that god has never made for any allowances for sex outside that of a hetero marriage/union.
But what the followers of God more than demanded, he seems to have let them do as they wanted as long as rules were attached to that thing.
Like divorce. Prior to Moses, the scriptures show evidence that there was no such article as divorce. Once you married, it was for better or worse and death of a spouse was the only release from the marital relationship.
So evidently after leaving Egypt and having been under their laws and influences for centuries, though God was strictly giving specific new laws for them to follow to break those old habits they adapted from the Egyptians, it seems the way of the Egyptians stuck with them. Like divorce. Divorce and remarriage were a part of Egyptian life the Israelites adapted to. So when God obviously told Moses to tell the people there would be no divorce with marriage, they rebelled. The verses insinuate the people wanted a writ of divorce. It makes no sense that they would want divorce unless it were being denied them in the first place.
So God gave them what they wanted, but not what he approved of, but with rules. I think there are examples of God giving his followers what they wanted, even if he did not approve of their request. Sex outside of marriage by a married man did have it's few exceptions. But that doesn't mean God approved of it. He just gave rules to it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
God is anti-sex, eh?
I am so sorry for your loss.
Excluding sex within a hetero marriage/union, yes. God has proved to be extremely anti-sex.
lol...and the only thing you need to be sorry to is your own lack of critical thinking to make sense of something you know nothing of that you claim to know about. Get it? Like you believing illegal aliens can't get food stamps or welfare. Or like you believing Bush began the free cell phone program... lol :)

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You're delusional. After yet again being proved a liar you have no qualms about posting?
Don't you find it even a little strange that no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition supports the lies you so desperately want to believe?*ALL* support the Bible's many crystal clear commands against *ALL* homosexual behavior.
Previously debunked.

squawk on Polly parrot.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that god has never made for any allowances for sex outside that of a hetero marriage/union.
But what the followers of God more than demanded, he seems to have let them do as they wanted as long as rules were attached to that thing.
Like divorce. Prior to Moses, the scriptures show evidence that there was no such article as divorce. Once you married, it was for better or worse and death of a spouse was the only release from the marital relationship.
So evidently after leaving Egypt and having been under their laws and influences for centuries, though God was strictly giving specific new laws for them to follow to break those old habits they adapted from the Egyptians, it seems the way of the Egyptians stuck with them. Like divorce. Divorce and remarriage were a part of Egyptian life the Israelites adapted to. So when God obviously told Moses to tell the people there would be no divorce with marriage, they rebelled. The verses insinuate the people wanted a writ of divorce. It makes no sense that they would want divorce unless it were being denied them in the first place.
So God gave them what they wanted, but not what he approved of, but with rules. I think there are examples of God giving his followers what they wanted, even if he did not approve of their request. Sex outside of marriage by a married man did have it's few exceptions. But that doesn't mean God approved of it. He just gave rules to it.
Where do you come up with this baloney?

OH
MY
GOD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, could be. I think it was a prostitute also in Jericho who was saved with all her family when the Israelites entered the city.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Keanu Is Hot wrote:
<quoted text> Kinda like Amityville horror.
Exactly ;)

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
What has your personal opinion about another person got to do with topic?
Nothing really, but I still wouldn't want to be in the same room alone with such a creepy slimy person as David.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
From first Creation story.

27 So G-d created humankind in His own tzelem, in the tzelem Elohim (image of G-d) created He him; zachar (male) and nekevah (female) created He them.
28 And G-d blessed them, and G-d said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

No marriage required. Sex is however.

Your post makes no sense.

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you know everything just because you have read the Bible from cover to cover?
Interesting, manmanman. I give a short basic opinion with the info of where I derive it, in a respectful manner, and the first thing out of your 'mouth' is antagonistic. It actually fits with the impression I've gotten reading your posts for awhile. When a religious person throws memorized material in the name of God at people with out Spirit,[for instance with snide remarks and insults] it rings void and hateful. That turns my stomach.

In my opinion. And I have as much right to say it as you have yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,621 - 12,640 of24,666
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 7 min Frankie Rizzo 15,468
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 7 min Delroy 67,591
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 min RiccardoFire 200,210
Outrage as Australian judge says incest, pedoph... 16 min Catholic League of Duncey 31
Rob Ford stays seated during standing ovation f... 20 min Catholic League of Duncey 4
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 28 min Pietro Armando 50,511
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,691
Gay Teacher Files Sex Discrimination Claim Agai... 40 min Sweet Justice 110
Tony Perkins Warns Support of Gay Rights by 'Li... 1 hr Sir Andrew 31
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,823
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••