Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36046 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#13493 Nov 25, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for RevKen:
He is into other peoples lifes. Wonder how he can know so much about other people? How does he know their reading-habbits?
LOL!!!....

Well, MMM,... if you really are wondering, why don't you ask?

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#13495 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Fa$$ot just got a d:ck up the A$$.
really you did... did you enjoy it
Robsan5

United States

#13497 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Another post that shows your obsession with gay anal sex.
Robert
Inner Lesbian Chimera

Chicago, IL

#13505 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you used lube and a condom.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Bellevue, WA

#13507 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
i prefer vaginal but when i do anal you just have to go slow at first... don't worry you will get used to it

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13508 Nov 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona,
These people might as well be fruitcakes.
They make stuff up to suit themselves and their cockamamie ideas.
They say that they literally believe in the bible. But, they don't read it.
For instance:
Bible lesson #1, this Sunday morning is Genesis Ch. 1,2 and 3.
Nowhere in the two accounts of the creation of man and woman does God marry them. The accounts, mythical as they are, report that the command is given to be fruitful and multiply and subdue the earth.
God simply presents the woman to the man, freshly cloned as a female, and the man rejoices "bone of my bone, etc."
Only later, in Chapter 3, does God refer to them as husband and wife." So, if you want to get technical, these two had a common law marriage. They lived together until their union was self-evident.
No sex outside of marriage? Baloney! That is cultural morality and we all know it to be so. Such morality certainly has its purposes. But, even Jesus is reported to have clearly said that marriage is the result of the two becoming one and not the other way around.
Now, as a priest, I'm certainly going to take a lot of criticism about saying these things. But, I'll stand by them. This is the way that it is. The marriage ceremony is a sanctification; an endorsement of a spiritual and physical reality that has already occurred.
It is also a witnessing and a set of vows that help to guide the pair in their accountability and trust for each other, understanding that they will grow in social stature and collective property ownership and in responsibility. But, these, also, are moral and cultural, tribal, commitments and social trappings.
Rev. Ken
of course

Location hidden

#13509 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
Does the Greek word arsenokoit&#275;s refer to homosexuals?
May 14, 2011Jonathan BurkeLeave a commentGo to comments
The Claim
The Greek word arsenokoitai (plural form of arsenokoit&#275;s), is typically translated as referring to practicing homosexuals by standard English translations in 1 Corinthians 6:9[1] and 1 Timothy 1:10.[2] This is challenged by those seeking legitimization of homosexual behaviour within Christianity.
* 1975: Bailey[3] agreed the word refers to males involved in homosexual acts,[4] but not generally to ‘homosexuals’[5]
* 1980: Boswell[6] claimed the word only designates male prostitutes[7][8]
* 1983: Scroggs[9] interpreted the word as referring only to abusive pederasty[10][11]
* 1996: Martin[12] argued the traditional interpretation is false etymology[13][14][15][16]
Scholarly Commentary
Scobie[17] and Campbell argue against the restriction of the word to pederasty.[18] Hays, Scobie, and Malick point out that the meaning is identified by its derivation from the Greek translation of the Old Testament, where the component words refer to homosexual conduct.[19][20][21]
Wright identifies other compound verbs ending in –koit&#275;s and referring to sexual activity.[22] Via agrees arsenokoit&#275;s refers to homosexual activity.[23]
Standard Greek Lexicons
Standard Greek lexicons and dictionaries understand this word as a reference to homosexual behavior.[24][25][26][27][28][ 29][30]
[1] 1 Corinthians 6:9:‘behaves like a homosexual’(CEV),‘men who practice homosexuality’(ESV),‘men who have sexual relations with other men’(NCV),‘practicing homosexuals’(NET),‘homosexual offenders’(NIV84),‘commit homosexual acts’(NIrV),‘practice homosexuality’(NLT),‘practicin g homosexuals’(TNIV).
[2] 1 Timothy 1:10:‘live as homosexuals’(CEV),‘men who practice homosexuality’(ESV),‘who have sexual relations with people of the same sex’(NCV),‘practicing homosexuals’(NET),‘practice homosexuality’(NLT),‘practicin g homosexuality’(TNIV).
[3] Bailey,‘Homosexuality and the Western Christian Tradition’(1975).
[4]‘He takes the term in 1 Cor 6:9 as denoting males who actively engage in homosexual acts, in contrast to &#956;&#945;&#955; &#945;&#954;&#959; &#943; (malakoi,“effeminate”), those who engage passively in such acts.’, De Young,‘The Source and NT Meaning of &#913;&#961;&#963; &#949;&#957;&#959; &#954;&#959;&#953; &#964;&#945;&#953; , with Implications for Christian Ethics and Ministry’, Masters Seminary Journal (3.2.193), 1992.
Is there any point to all this nonsense?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13510 Nov 25, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You don't think it is a marriage when the God of the Universes gives one person to another?
Not really David you Jackass.

Marriage is simply the joining of two entities. Could be two pieces of metal which forms an alloy. Could be two people of the same sex or of the opposite sex. If we are going to talk about the God of the Universes, you will have to provide some tangible evidence that such an entity exists, otherwise it is just pure fantasy and speculation.

Nice try Douche-bag.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13511 Nov 25, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really David you Jackass.
Marriage is simply the joining of two entities. Could be two pieces of metal which forms an alloy. Could be two people of the same sex or of the opposite sex. If we are going to talk about the God of the Universes, you will have to provide some tangible evidence that such an entity exists, otherwise it is just pure fantasy and speculation.
Nice try Douche-bag.
I agree. David Moore starts off by disrespecting who you are then launches off into a hypothetical. What a nutcase.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13513 Nov 25, 2012
iiSkyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Lulu
Welcome friend.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13514 Nov 25, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
None at all.

More of David Moore's pointless drivel, all highly contradictory BTW.

ROTFLMAO
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

#13515 Nov 25, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
David has no sense.

Robert

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13516 Nov 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
Well, MMM,... if you really are wondering, why don't you ask?
Not for RevKen:

First of all; Wonder what RevKen found funny because he wrote "LOL!!!...."

Then he talks to MMM; Who's that? I am Manmanman, so he is not talking to me.

Hmmm..

Isn't it a little bit strange to quote my message and talk to another person?

:)
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

#13521 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You perverts would surely know. LMFAO
Three posts, and all you talk about is gay anal sex.

Robert

Location hidden

#13522 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Roberta, have you had your favorite dessert today??? Shit on a Dick. LMFAO
You are the "insulting-master"?

Location hidden

#13523 Nov 25, 2012
Not for RevKen:

RevKen seems to struggle? He seems sometimes to be into my business trying to change me, influence me, manipulate me...

Wonder if he will be happy if he manages what he tries?

Location hidden

#13524 Nov 25, 2012
David is fun. NoQ is a complete waste of time. Ignore it.
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

#13525 Nov 25, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the "insulting-master"?
No, he's the master baiter.

Robert

Location hidden

#13527 Nov 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's the master baiter.
Robert
What's baiter?(I am not english-speaking originally.)

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Bellevue, WA

#13529 Nov 25, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Trailer Trash, why did you change your name from Wh_ore to Bore?? Are you finally ashamed of what you are?? Thought nothing bothered you and no one tells you what to do. Guess that ain't true. LMFAO
no stupid... someone changed it and i didn't care enough to fix it... i don't care who knows i have been a hooker in my life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 41 min Terra Firma 38,507
News Actress who played TV psychic, Miss Cleo, dies ... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy 1 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 2
News All gay and bisexual men should get meningitis ... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 3
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 158
News 7th District: Feminist, gay groups take opposit... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 1
News Draft plan shows DNC staff tried to use Biden t... 2 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Terra Firma 14,764
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 5 hr Retro 68,796
More from around the web