Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36031 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13380 Nov 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Position of the Reform Jewish Movement
The Reform Movement has been an advocate of gay and lesbian rights since 1965, when the Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) passed a resolution calling for the decriminalization of homosexuality. In 1977, the URJ and the CCAR passed their first resolutions dealing with this issue, calling for human rights for homosexuals. Since then, the URJ, CCAR, WRJ, CSA, and NFTY have passed resolutions dealing with issues specific to Reform Judaism, such as inclusion of gays and lesbians in the rabbinate and cantorate, as well as national issues, such as support for civil marriage, elimination of discrimination within the Armed Forces and the Boy Scouts, and support for explicit workplace non-discrimination and civil rights legislation. Gay, lesbian and bisexual outreach and inclusion has been of great importance to the Reform Movement in recent years. The URJ Task Force on Gay and Lesbian Inclusion, headed by the late Rabbi Julie Spitzer, created a manual called Kulanu (All of Us): A Program for Congregations Implementing Inclusion. This text is aimed at helping congregations include gay and lesbian members and families and deal with gay and lesbian issues. The URJ’s Department of Jewish Family Concerns also deals with gay and lesbian issues.
Read more: http://rac.org/Articles/index.cfm...
Follow us:@therac on Twitter | therac on Facebook
CCAR
Resolution on Rights of Homosexuals (1977)
Resolution On Convening in States Denying Legal Protection of Civil Rights for Gays and Lesbians (1993)
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Marriage (1996)
Resolution in Support of Marriage Ruling; Opposes Efforts to Undermine Equality for Same-Sex Couples (2004)
URJ
Resolution on Support for Inclusion of Lesbian and Gay Jews (1987)
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Jews (1989)
Resolution on Recognition for Lesbian and Gay Partnerships (1993)
Resolution Promoting Equal Employment and Leadership Opportunities for Lesbians and Gays in the Reform Movement (1995)
Resolution on Civil Marriage for Gay and Lesbian Jewish Couples (1997)
WRJ
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Rights (1997)
Resolution on Transgender and Bisexual Rights (2003)
Read more: http://rac.org/Articles/index.cfm...
Follow us:@therac on Twitter | therac on Facebook
David is refuted once again.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13381 Nov 22, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
I'm still waiting David, for the word in Hebrew or Aramaic or even Koine Greek that is the word for homosexual.
No links, it's easy, just provide the word that we now translate as homosexual.
One word.
No passages that have been rewritten, just one little word to prove your point....
David can't do that. It would make too much sense.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13382 Nov 22, 2012
Douchebag David aka Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, Mister Ford, why did your 'refutation' disappear? Why can't you now cite *ANY* Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition to the places in question the Bible's many direct commands against your homosexual lifestyle choice and your pathetic attempts to dress as a woman?
We're all waiting...
Bible makes no such commands.

Stand refuted douchebag.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#13383 Nov 22, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
I'm still waiting David, for the word in Hebrew or Aramaic or even Koine Greek that is the word for homosexual.
No links, it's easy, just provide the word that we now translate as homosexual.
One word.
No passages that have been rewritten, just one little word to prove your point....
Caleb can't do it, because there's no such word.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13384 Nov 22, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Caleb can't do it, because there's no such word.
Of course not. He is too simple minded to know the difference.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13385 Nov 22, 2012
Not for Caleb:

The Scriptures that Caleb posts are clear enough.

When that said, I think there has been a lot of good questions in here like: why should those commands be followed but not others in Leviticus?

And I wonder; Why should I follow a book that is 1700 years old?(I think the New Testament was put together 1700 years ago.)

How can I know it is true? Why should I believe in it? Just wonder.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#13388 Nov 22, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Ford, you lie about my identity and you also lie about what I posted. I've never said anything about what the Reform Movement has to say. I spoke of thousands of years of Jewish tradition, practice, and teaching, which strongly supported the Torah's condemnations of homosexual behavior. Reform is quite a departure from traditional Judaism and really isn't relevant to any rational discussion of the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
One word David, in Hebrew OR Aramaic OR Koine Greek.

Just one word that must obviously be there.....
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#13390 Nov 22, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Ford, you lie about my identity and you also lie about what I posted. I've never said anything about what the Reform Movement has to say. I spoke of thousands of years of Jewish tradition, practice, and teaching, which strongly supported the Torah's condemnations of homosexual behavior. Reform is quite a departure from traditional Judaism and really isn't relevant to any rational discussion of the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
Oh look. David thinks he's an expert on the Jews.
Please, rabbi, define "traditional Judaism" for us. Who on the planet earth practices "traditional Judaism?"

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13391 Nov 22, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Ford, Unmitigated garbage deleted.
Trollish nonsense.

NEXT

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13392 Nov 22, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Ford, you lie about my identity
More lies, condemnations and deceptions from David Moore, the shit head from Pekin.

ROTFLMAO

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13393 Nov 22, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Not for Caleb:
The Scriptures that Caleb posts are clear enough.
When that said, I think there has been a lot of good questions in here like: why should those commands be followed but not others in Leviticus?
And I wonder; Why should I follow a book that is 1700 years old?(I think the New Testament was put together 1700 years ago.)
How can I know it is true? Why should I believe in it? Just wonder.
Good question. I wouldn't advise following David's interpretation.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13394 Nov 23, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look. David thinks he's an expert on the Jews.
Please, rabbi, define "traditional Judaism" for us. Who on the planet earth practices "traditional Judaism?"
I wonder how he is doing the the 613 laws and statutes? Oh that's right. He violates the two greatest commandments.

Nice going David Moore you troll.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#13397 Nov 23, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what 'traditional' means? Orthodox Judaism has a history of thousands of years. Reform was created in the 19th Century and is a sharp deviation from traditional Jewish thought and tradition, incorporating many philosophical ideas from the outside world. Reform Judaism shares many characteristics with the extreme of Liberal Protestantism.
I gave you a mainstream Orthodox link explaining that the Torah repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior, as well as several other centuries old authoritative Jewish texts.
Orthodox are a small minority. They DO NOT represent the views of the majority. Besides, it really doesn't matter what you think, because you are a psychotic mess.
BigShooter

Sheffield Lake, OH

#13398 Nov 23, 2012
Okay..so IF you would actually study the Historical/Critical way OF reading your Bible...you would have a REAL grasp on the silliness of all the crap we've been 'taught?' over the years people! I am not going into all of this here, just too much to explain. It all comes down to a bunch of MEN over 2000 yrs. ago, with NO understanding of science, biology OR 'religion'(they WERE making one UP back while writing this rememmmber?!)and the 'tribes' OF these men, and how they had to make up new ways to 'protect' their specific 'tribe.' Toss that in with not ONE mention of women on women sex in the same book (yahh yahh..I know there IS one tiny mention of Lesbians..but it has never 'meant' anything in ANY so-called Christian religion so it's simply not a topic of relevance here) These guys were trying to be SURE their 'tribe' within the Jewish tradition kept on having many children and THIS is the main reason why male on male sex became "against God" and all that. The REAL 'sin' if any is not whom we sleep with..it's the LIE we tell by denying to live the life God meant us TO LIVE! THAT is the issue in all of this...you want people to live a lie every day of their life...yet we are BORN the only way God intended us to be! Pretty matter of fact and simple when you get real with this subject don't ya think kids?!:)
If everyone just lived a TRUTH...instead of a LIE...my God what a world we'd live in! This is plainly evident if you know anybody who lived years OF lies...then admitted their truth and lived it! It opens one up to nothing but the best quality of life and a lot of self abuse (sex/drugs/drinking to mention a few) we put ourselves through stops.
LIVE YOUR LIFE people...NO fear...nobody can ever fault you for being Bisexual or Gay OR even Straight! You are then living exactly how and what you were born TO live....see? ;)
Bless you all.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13400 Nov 23, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Orthodox are a small minority. They DO NOT represent the views of the majority. Besides, it really doesn't matter what you think, because you are a psychotic mess.
Poor David. Refuted again.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13401 Nov 23, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies, condemnations and deceptions from David Moore, the shit head from Pekin.
ROTFLMAO
Of course.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#13402 Nov 23, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Orthodox Jews are in fact the large group of religious Jews in the world and represent the traditional faith. We've been through this before, and you were documented to be a liar.
You also seem to have no idea what traditional means. Reform leadership only started their anti-Torah policies on homosexuality in the 1960's. That's not much of a tradition and it is in direct opposition to thousands of years of Jewish teaching, practice, and tradition as well as in opposition of the Torah.
Orthodox are the minority. You know nothing.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...

Today, Judaism is comprised of four major movements, Orthodox, Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist. Reform is by far the largest today...
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#13403 Nov 23, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Orthodox Jews are in fact the large group of religious Jews in the world and represent the traditional faith. We've been through this before, and you were documented to be a liar.
You also seem to have no idea what traditional means. Reform leadership only started their anti-Torah policies on homosexuality in the 1960's. That's not much of a tradition and it is in direct opposition to thousands of years of Jewish teaching, practice, and tradition as well as in opposition of the Torah.
I'm sure the Reform leadership would also question your sanity along with your literacy. So squawk all you like. No one believes a word you write.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13404 Nov 23, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the Reform leadership would also question your sanity along with your literacy. So squawk all you like. No one believes a word you write.
That's David Moore. In cannot be refuted how effective he is at driving people away from the Bible, Christianity, and organized religion. What sane person would want to hang out with such a raving lunatic as David? I sure would not be in the same room with him alone.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13406 Nov 23, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No one believes a word you write.
How do you know that? Have you asked everybody in here? I mean; How can you know what all other in here believe? What do YOU believe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 32 min Ibn Ali Qatari 592
News Gay pride stabber sentenced to life in prison 35 min Fa-Foxy 2
News Christine Wicker: Learning to Talk About God an... (Sep '10) 40 min Joy to the World 29
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Repub 12,962
2016 NOM DC March for Marriage FAIL 1 hr Joy to the World 1
News After Orlando, some businesses stress LGBT incl... 1 hr Lanny 3
News Drag queens raise holy hell in Jerusalem's only... 1 hr Reggie 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr lides 37,248
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 3 hr Go Blue Forever 898
More from around the web