Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36053 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13354 Nov 21, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Not for Caleb and RevKen:
Caleb seems to be angry. He claims to be a man of God, but I can't see where in Scripture it says that anger is a fruit of the Spirit ;)
And RevKen seems to be insulting, have a "from above"-attitude and being arrogant. He also claims to be a man of God. Where in Scripture does it say that such qualities belong to those who fear the Lord?
Somebody find it?
brilliant post buddy.

Location hidden

#13355 Nov 21, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus tap dancing christ on a pogo stick, man. Grow a pair, already.
Do you realize that 98% of your post START by calling someone a liar, or stating that they are lying?
Kindly remember, every time you're point a finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you.
As an aside, have your ever tried masturbating with a finger in your butt? You might give it a try.:-)
Of course.

I just scroll down and the silly babbling goes by in a blur.
NoQ

Ardsley, NY

#13356 Nov 21, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Damn... I guess we should go back to animal sacrifice and stoning adulterers to death.
Queers

Location hidden

#13358 Nov 21, 2012
*YAWN*

MORE boring bible babble

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13359 Nov 21, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
brilliant post buddy.
Thanks

Location hidden

#13360 Nov 21, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Welcome.

Location hidden

#13361 Nov 21, 2012
“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in his cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat, looked around, and spoke. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle

Location hidden

#13362 Nov 21, 2012
“And Lot's wife, of course, was told not to look back where all those people and their homes had been. But she did look back, and I love her for that, because it was so human. So she was turned into a pillar of salt. So it goes.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

Location hidden

#13363 Nov 21, 2012
“Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.”
- Kurt Vonnegut
Polly Parrot

Santa Cruz, CA

#13364 Nov 21, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You, of course, are the liar. You have failed to post *ANYTHING* to support your lies about my identity.
Liar, are you claiming that "Wastewater" is your true identity? I suppose really it is, since that is what you consider yourself because of your choice of living in open rebellion against God's many commands against your homosexual lifestyle choice.
The Bible repeatedly condemns your homosexual lifestyle choice. You have failed to post anything rational to dispute this irrefutable *FACT*.
SQAWK

Location hidden

#13365 Nov 21, 2012
Not for RevKen:

As far as I can see: RevKen is full of shit; from-above-attitude, making fun of, ridiculing, arrogance and so on.

Why should somebody listen to a man with such problems?

Couldn't it be that those who follow him can be like him?

Location hidden

#13366 Nov 21, 2012
similar to him..

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#13367 Nov 21, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>None of you hateful homofascists can refute the irrefutable fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
A number of you seem to think that lying about me and my identity somehow covers up that fact, which of course is ludicrous.
But we have refuted it, Blanche, we have. You're just too thick to understand.
You ignored my question regarding masturbation. I'll bet you happen to believe that masturbation is also a sin.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13368 Nov 21, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
But we have refuted it, Blanche, we have. You're just too thick to understand.
You ignored my question regarding masturbation. I'll bet you happen to believe that masturbation is also a sin.
Yes we all have numerous times. I just use the scroll button now.
The cut and paste crap goes by in a blur.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#13372 Nov 21, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are delusional. You have failed to cite *ANY* Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior.
Regarding the other subject, everyone isn't as gross and profane as you are.
Position of the Reform Jewish Movement
The Reform Movement has been an advocate of gay and lesbian rights since 1965, when the Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) passed a resolution calling for the decriminalization of homosexuality. In 1977, the URJ and the CCAR passed their first resolutions dealing with this issue, calling for human rights for homosexuals. Since then, the URJ, CCAR, WRJ, CSA, and NFTY have passed resolutions dealing with issues specific to Reform Judaism, such as inclusion of gays and lesbians in the rabbinate and cantorate, as well as national issues, such as support for civil marriage, elimination of discrimination within the Armed Forces and the Boy Scouts, and support for explicit workplace non-discrimination and civil rights legislation. Gay, lesbian and bisexual outreach and inclusion has been of great importance to the Reform Movement in recent years. The URJ Task Force on Gay and Lesbian Inclusion, headed by the late Rabbi Julie Spitzer, created a manual called Kulanu (All of Us): A Program for Congregations Implementing Inclusion. This text is aimed at helping congregations include gay and lesbian members and families and deal with gay and lesbian issues. The URJ’s Department of Jewish Family Concerns also deals with gay and lesbian issues.

Read more: http://rac.org/Articles/index.cfm...
Follow us:@therac on Twitter | therac on Facebook

CCAR
Resolution on Rights of Homosexuals (1977)
Resolution On Convening in States Denying Legal Protection of Civil Rights for Gays and Lesbians (1993)
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Marriage (1996)
Resolution in Support of Marriage Ruling; Opposes Efforts to Undermine Equality for Same-Sex Couples (2004)

URJ
Resolution on Support for Inclusion of Lesbian and Gay Jews (1987)
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Jews (1989)
Resolution on Recognition for Lesbian and Gay Partnerships (1993)
Resolution Promoting Equal Employment and Leadership Opportunities for Lesbians and Gays in the Reform Movement (1995)
Resolution on Civil Marriage for Gay and Lesbian Jewish Couples (1997)

WRJ
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Rights (1997)
Resolution on Transgender and Bisexual Rights (2003)

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#13374 Nov 21, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are delusional. You have failed to cite *ANY* Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior.
Regarding the other subject, everyone isn't as gross and profane as you are.
You have failed to read/digest/recognize what others have REPEATEDLY said about ancient texts and intentions. You're a fraud and a "fauxny". Kindly tell me what Jesus said regarding homosexuality.

Regarding masturbation, it doesn't surprise me that you would find it gross and profane. Really, you should give it the old college try. Rub one out, for Christ's sake.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#13377 Nov 22, 2012
I'm still waiting David, for the word in Hebrew or Aramaic or even Koine Greek that is the word for homosexual.

No links, it's easy, just provide the word that we now translate as homosexual.

One word.

No passages that have been rewritten, just one little word to prove your point....

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13379 Nov 22, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, Mister Ford, why did your 'refutation' disappear? Why can't you now cite *ANY* Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition to the places in question the Bible's many direct commands against your homosexual lifestyle choice and your pathetic attempts to dress as a woman?
We're all waiting...
David you are an unmitigated Douche-bag.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13380 Nov 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Position of the Reform Jewish Movement
The Reform Movement has been an advocate of gay and lesbian rights since 1965, when the Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) passed a resolution calling for the decriminalization of homosexuality. In 1977, the URJ and the CCAR passed their first resolutions dealing with this issue, calling for human rights for homosexuals. Since then, the URJ, CCAR, WRJ, CSA, and NFTY have passed resolutions dealing with issues specific to Reform Judaism, such as inclusion of gays and lesbians in the rabbinate and cantorate, as well as national issues, such as support for civil marriage, elimination of discrimination within the Armed Forces and the Boy Scouts, and support for explicit workplace non-discrimination and civil rights legislation. Gay, lesbian and bisexual outreach and inclusion has been of great importance to the Reform Movement in recent years. The URJ Task Force on Gay and Lesbian Inclusion, headed by the late Rabbi Julie Spitzer, created a manual called Kulanu (All of Us): A Program for Congregations Implementing Inclusion. This text is aimed at helping congregations include gay and lesbian members and families and deal with gay and lesbian issues. The URJ’s Department of Jewish Family Concerns also deals with gay and lesbian issues.
CCAR
Resolution on Rights of Homosexuals (1977)
Resolution On Convening in States Denying Legal Protection of Civil Rights for Gays and Lesbians (1993)
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Marriage (1996)
Resolution in Support of Marriage Ruling; Opposes Efforts to Undermine Equality for Same-Sex Couples (2004)
URJ
Resolution on Support for Inclusion of Lesbian and Gay Jews (1987)
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Jews (1989)
Resolution on Recognition for Lesbian and Gay Partnerships (1993)
Resolution Promoting Equal Employment and Leadership Opportunities for Lesbians and Gays in the Reform Movement (1995)
Resolution on Civil Marriage for Gay and Lesbian Jewish Couples (1997)
WRJ
Resolution on Gay and Lesbian Rights (1997)
Resolution on Transgender and Bisexual Rights (2003)
David is refuted once again.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13381 Nov 22, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
I'm still waiting David, for the word in Hebrew or Aramaic or even Koine Greek that is the word for homosexual.
No links, it's easy, just provide the word that we now translate as homosexual.
One word.
No passages that have been rewritten, just one little word to prove your point....
David can't do that. It would make too much sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min Freedomofexpression 53,751
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 18 min Just Think 576
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 23 min Imprtnrd 5
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 24 min Gremlin 44
News ABC plans a Riot to mark the 40th anniversary o... 29 min Gremlin 9
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 41 min Gremlin 9
News Justin Trudeau joined at Montreal Pride by Iris... 46 min Gremlin 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Freedomofexpression 8,444
News Trump bans transgender people from military 2 hr TomInElPaso 343
More from around the web