Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 626)

Showing posts 12,501 - 12,520 of24,667
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, liar, cite just one Bible translation that doesn't condemn homosexual behavior.
You cannot.
YOU are the liar. Lying about my identity doesn't cover up that fact. You can post nothing to support your ridiculous lie.
EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior. This has been the case for 2000 years. You lie. The fact that you consider yourself to be waste water also indicates you are not very pleased with your choice of living in open rebellion against God's Commands.
Wickedness was never happiness.
If you really discounted the Bible, you wouldn't be on this thread 24/7. You wouldn't consider yourself waste water for choosing to live in open rebellion against God.
Still lying about the Jews after all this time, eh?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? Only a few Aramaic words appear in any ancient Bible text, and they are not in the passages that condemn all homosexual behavior. The oldest Greek texts of the New Testament and Hebrew texts of the Old are very explicit in condemning all homosexual acts. Not that I think you are capable of understanding the answer to the question you ask, you may view these condemnations in their original languages at www.biblegateway.com
Positively no ancient text, Bible translation, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the Bible's many commands against all sex acts between the same gender!
Golly notDavid, where's the ancient term for homosexual that was in Hebrew or Aramaic?

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, liar, cite just one Bible translation
Caled, caleb, Caleb. See where I stopped your quote, above? Yup, that's right; I stopped it at the word "translation".

Many others have already detailed why you Biblical perspective is myopic and wrong. You simply trust the translations that you have, rather than looking at historical perspectives and ancient languages.

THAT'S why you're a simpleton and a Bible parrot.

You use the Bible as a means to bash others. You have no interest in truth; you're only interest is piety and hate.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

your, not you're*
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that homoerotic fantasy you have in "your" "nogging" is pretty pervasive, FAKER. Enjoy that.
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" homoerotic dream, OCD/ADHD boy!)
Hey rotted turkey.... have you had the stuffing and white gravy cleansed out yer butt yet...?? What a valve twisting stuffed crap stain you are... Maybe the flies will do you a favor and crap on you fagsand... keep thos retentive dreams streaming out yer menstrual hole....:)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

those.. :)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder how many times Robsan5 has written this to you:
"Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid."
:)
It copies and pasted that all the time... Does it matter??? Are you wanting to ask fagsand out??

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, liar, cite just one Bible translation that doesn't condemn homosexual behavior.
You cannot.
YOU are the liar. Lying about my identity doesn't cover up that fact. You can post nothing to support your ridiculous lie.
EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior. This has been the case for 2000 years. You lie. The fact that you consider yourself to be waste water also indicates you are not very pleased with your choice of living in open rebellion against God's Commands.
Wickedness was never happiness.
If you really discounted the Bible, you wouldn't be on this thread 24/7. You wouldn't consider yourself waste water for choosing to live in open rebellion against God.
Open rebellion against God?

That's your fantasy David. I don't give a shit.

Your horrible God doesn't exist.

Have a nice life Jackass.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Caled, caleb, Caleb. See where I stopped your quote, above? Yup, that's right; I stopped it at the word "translation".
Many others have already detailed why you Biblical perspective is myopic and wrong. You simply trust the translations that you have, rather than looking at historical perspectives and ancient languages.
THAT'S why you're a simpleton and a Bible parrot.
You use the Bible as a means to bash others. You have no interest in truth; you're only interest is piety and hate.
Absolutely!!!

He actually drives people away. Why would any sane person want to follow his beliefs? Should we all join an inane asylum?

You must be kidding me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>If you really believed the God revealed in the Bible didn't exist, you wouldn't be here 24/7 posting.
If you really didn't believe in the Bible, you wouldn't be calling yourself waste water for your choice of living in the serious sin of a homosexual lifestyle choice.
Lying about my identity doesn't hide these facts.
Looking into your crystal ball again David?

I read the Bible, I don't believe the Bible to be God's word.

Get it Jackass?

Lying about your identity only makes you look all the more stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Did God tell you to lie about your identity David?

What a Jackass!!!!

FUN!!!!

Since: Jan 12

Santa fe new mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> It copies and pasted that all the time... Does it matter??? Are you wanting to ask fagsand out??
Why is it that you always put people who have a different sexual belief down?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Suppose you post what you have to back up your lie about my identity.
Oh, that's right! You have nothing. You are just a compulsive liar.
If you don't consider the Bible to be authoritative, why do you spend so much time posting hate and lies here, liar?
Stop lying about your identity David.

You God hates liars.

If you weren't DAVID MOORE, you wouldn't be so defensive about this.

What a JACKASS!!!!

FUN.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Lapiz wrote:
<quoted text> Why is it that you always put people who have a different sexual belief down?
Go drink a bottle of bathtub gin... "WEAKSAND"...
David andrews

Fairbanks, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Most if you forget or have no clue that majority of the "sins" you speak about we're never spoken by Jesus. They were made up by the church as well as huge chunks of the bible when they developed the cannon...where they picked and chose what they wanted in the bible...not the whole scriptures of Jesus. You are ignorant if you don't understand that at the time the bible was written and developed Christianity was a new and persecuted religion just recently accept by Rome and emperor Constantine. They needed to control it's people so they could prove themselves. No one will ever know Jesus' true words since most scriptures were written decades after his death and that the church has hidden very well or destroyed anything that would coincide with what they say. Word of his resurrection wasn't even brought up for a long time after his death. No one even knows if he was even resurrected or real. It's another myth just like roman or Greek mythology. How is that so crazy but Jesus so real?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

The last day? When is that?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Wickedness was never happiness.
Wonder if Caleb is very happy?:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Hey rotted turkey.... have you had the stuffing and white gravy cleansed out yer butt yet...?? What a valve twisting stuffed crap stain you are... Maybe the flies will do you a favor and crap on you fagsand... keep thos retentive dreams streaming out yer menstrual hole....:)
:) You really know the "art" of insulting?:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> It copies and pasted that all the time... Does it matter??? Are you wanting to ask fagsand out??
No, do you want?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!!!
He actually drives people away. Why would any sane person want to follow his beliefs? Should we all join an inane asylum?
You must be kidding me.
Why would anyone want to be like Caleb? Lonely and angry?:-)

I am not talking about his opinion in this homosexuality-debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,501 - 12,520 of24,667
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••