Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13272 Nov 19, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Nope! Its is a book and cannot be proved to be anything else..
DMAN; Are you becomming serious?:):)

Location hidden

#13273 Nov 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Can anyone give me a compelling reason I should be obedient to the Bible?
I think it is a good question. I also wonder why. It might just be faith?

Location hidden

#13274 Nov 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Can anyone give me a compelling reason I should be obedient to the Bible?
That might be a good question. Why? Hmmm... Don't know.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#13275 Nov 19, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
DMAN; Are you becomming serious?:):)
Well sometimes we all slip...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13276 Nov 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, liar, cite just one Bible translation that doesn't condemn homosexual behavior.
You cannot.
YOU are the liar. Lying about my identity doesn't cover up that fact.
EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior. This has been the case for 2000 years. You lie. The fact that you consider yourself to be waste water also indicates you are not very pleased with your choice of living in open rebellion against God's Commands.
Wickedness was never happiness.
You are the picture of happiness David.

ROTFLMAO

Give me one compelling reason to follow your Book of Lies David.

Location hidden

#13277 Nov 19, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Nope! Its is a book and cannot be proved to be anything else..
I agree 100%.

Location hidden

#13278 Nov 19, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Well sometimes we all slip...
Slip into being serious?:) How is it going with your friend Robert?:)

Location hidden

#13279 Nov 19, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Well sometimes we all slip...
Wonder how many times Robsan5 has written this to you:

"Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid."

:)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#13280 Nov 19, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic here is supposed to be "Homosexuality and the Bible."

Get with it or buzz off.
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#13281 Nov 19, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Awwww poor little fig newton.... Did you get an oreo job done to you again by all the grade school gangs..... So sorry Miss hot flash.... "POP that MIDOL"...
Wow, that homoerotic fantasy you have in "your" "nogging" is pretty pervasive, FAKER. Enjoy that.

Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" homoerotic dream, OCD/ADHD boy!)

Location hidden

#13282 Nov 20, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic here is supposed to be "Homosexuality and the Bible."
Get with it or buzz off.
Not for RevKen:

This is reported. Again he violated my boundaries. If he doesn't want to repent and behave and show respect, it's okay for me, but his future might be dark as the night. Is there any other possibilites when he behaves like that?

Father, forgive him. I choose to forgive him, and I choose to bless him in the allmighty Name of Yeshua, the Holy One.
ess

London, UK

#13284 Nov 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%.
i second that.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#13286 Nov 20, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, liar, cite just one Bible translation that doesn't condemn homosexual behavior.
You cannot.
YOU are the liar. Lying about my identity doesn't cover up that fact. You can post nothing to support your ridiculous lie.
EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior. This has been the case for 2000 years. You lie. The fact that you consider yourself to be waste water also indicates you are not very pleased with your choice of living in open rebellion against God's Commands.
If you really discounted the Bible, you wouldn't be on this thread 24/7. You wouldn't consider yourself waste water for choosing to live in open rebellion against God.
Still lying about the Jews after all this time, eh?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#13287 Nov 20, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? Only a few Aramaic words appear in any ancient Bible text, and they are not in the passages that condemn all homosexual behavior. The oldest Greek texts of the New Testament and Hebrew texts of the Old are very explicit in condemning all homosexual acts. Not that I think you are capable of understanding the answer to the question you ask, you may view these condemnations in their original languages at www.biblegateway.com
Positively no ancient text, Bible translation, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the Bible's many commands against all sex acts between the same gender!
Golly notDavid, where's the ancient term for homosexual that was in Hebrew or Aramaic?

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#13289 Nov 20, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>So, liar, cite just one Bible translation
Caled, caleb, Caleb. See where I stopped your quote, above? Yup, that's right; I stopped it at the word "translation".

Many others have already detailed why you Biblical perspective is myopic and wrong. You simply trust the translations that you have, rather than looking at historical perspectives and ancient languages.

THAT'S why you're a simpleton and a Bible parrot.

You use the Bible as a means to bash others. You have no interest in truth; you're only interest is piety and hate.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#13290 Nov 20, 2012
your, not you're*
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#13291 Nov 20, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that homoerotic fantasy you have in "your" "nogging" is pretty pervasive, FAKER. Enjoy that.
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" homoerotic dream, OCD/ADHD boy!)
Hey rotted turkey.... have you had the stuffing and white gravy cleansed out yer butt yet...?? What a valve twisting stuffed crap stain you are... Maybe the flies will do you a favor and crap on you fagsand... keep thos retentive dreams streaming out yer menstrual hole....:)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#13292 Nov 20, 2012
those.. :)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#13293 Nov 20, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
It copies and pasted that all the time... Does it matter??? Are you wanting to ask fagsand out??

Location hidden

#13294 Nov 20, 2012
Caleb wrote:
You cannot.
YOU are the liar. Lying about my identity doesn't cover up that fact. You can post nothing to support your ridiculous lie.
If you really discounted the Bible, you wouldn't be on this thread 24/7. You wouldn't consider yourself waste water for choosing to live in open rebellion against God.
Open rebellion against God?

That's your fantasy David. I don't give a shit.

Your horrible God doesn't exist.

Have a nice life Jackass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 16 min Frankie Rizzo 201
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 35 min Frankie Rizzo 472
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 36 min JODECKO 15,943
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 62
News Trump donates $100k to anti-LGBT Pastor 3 hr The Boss 8
News Women and the LGBT Community Are Natural Allies 3 hr Fa-Foxy 2
A question for NE Jade 3 hr Gryph 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Nigel 38,779
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,966
More from around the web