Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 26,892

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13237 Nov 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Ford, are you completely ignorant of the fact that Christians consider themselves to be the current spriritual Israel? That makes you comment ludicrous. The fact that commands against and prohibitions of homosexual behavior are repeated in the New Testament makes your comments even more illogical.
More venom from the nasty little spider.

Someday G-d will squish you like a bug.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13238 Nov 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies condemnations and trivia from the book of lies.
Otherwise, how the Hell are you David Moore? Did you take down that ugly Jesus picture yet?
David is a very sick man.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#13240 Nov 18, 2012
The fact remains that you have your parroting and I have 30 years of service to the Church that tells me homosexuals are welcome in God's Kingdom.

This just in, you're still a Bible Parrot.

And a simpleton.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#13241 Nov 18, 2012
The above message was for "Caleb", of course.
jay

Brookfield, WI

#13242 Nov 18, 2012
I swear... this is old news aleady. I think God would just appreciate that everyone just accept everybody, or at least make the effort not to make judgement toward others despite their sexuality, creed, or color. As for those who do not believe in God, well... You're sexual orientation should be the least of your worries. It is indeed as simple as that. This does not have to be a competition to put fourth as of who has the better perspective. Whether or not man on man action is an abomination, it doesn't give anybody the right to judge. "Thou shall not judge." I'm sure the majority of you on here have heard that before. As for the bible pusher's, pushing religion isn't what persuades a man or women to get in to church. You give the benefits for occurs during church, you don't push the negatives and become overbearing, as if you were more superior than that person because you feel you're closer to God, and you feel the. need to bash another for a sin. A sin is a sin, no worse, no better. I'm not saying all those who preach the bible are like that, but there is a big majority of those are are like what is applied by being a bible pusher.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13243 Nov 19, 2012
What would happen if everybody agreed with Caleb? Would Caleb be happy then? ;)
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#13244 Nov 19, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Homosexuals are not part of the Bible and the Bible is outdated and considered abusive

Since: Mar 07

United States

#13245 Nov 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Does what you're saying apply to you and all the nasty lies and insults you direct toward me?
Does insulting me and lying about my identity make you feel better about your decision to live in open rebellion against God?
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
David, we've talked about this before. You can't use Leviticus as a club to beat gay folks with unless you follow all of the Holiness Code for ancient Hebrew priests yourself.

Do you? Does ANY Christian today?

Please try to stick to the simple truth. It would make you look sooo much less foolish. Hypocrisy is never a good way to start a conversation.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#13246 Nov 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>The fact remains that the Bible says what it says, and positively no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns all same sex acts in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments. There really is no room for honest misunderstanding of this fact.
You know that's not true, David. There is NO translation that condemns the people that God creates with only the ability to be attracted to the same gender, i'e homosexuality.

There is no place it's even mentioned. The best you can do is a scant handful of verses that can be twisted and taken out of context.

Please try to stick with the facts.

Location hidden

#13247 Nov 19, 2012
Anybody think Caleb looks happy and want to be like him and have what he has? Anybody thinks he has life and abundance and that he is full of joy inside himself?

Or is he an angry man with a lot of problems?

I am not talking about his opinion about sexuality.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#13251 Nov 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are trying to change the subject. I've never said anyone is condemned because of "attractions." What God repeatedly condemns in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms is choosing to engage in homosexual behavior:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Every Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition supports these condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
Golly notDavid, where's the ancient term for homosexual that was in Hebrew or Aramaic?

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#13254 Nov 19, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
What would happen if everybody agreed with Caleb? Would Caleb be happy then? ;)
Not really because he would still be living in the closet.

Santa Cruz, CA

#13255 Nov 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? Only a few Aramaic words appear in any ancient Bible text, and they are not in the passages that condemn all homosexual behavior. The oldest Greek texts of the New Testament and Hebrew texts of the Old are very explicit in condemning all homosexual acts. Not that I think you are capable of understanding the answer to the question you ask, you may view these condemnations in their original languages at www.biblegateway.com
Positively no ancient text, Bible translation, or Judeo-Christian tradition places in question the Bible's many commands against all sex acts between the same gender!
That's irrelevant David. You are still gay.

Santa Cruz, CA

#13256 Nov 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are trying to change the subject. I've never said anyone is condemned because of "attractions." What God repeatedly condemns in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms is choosing to engage in homosexual behavior:
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Every Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition supports these condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
Leviticus is man made holy laws meant for the tribe. Toevah meant obedience or death. It was the equivalent of Sharia Law to the Islamic and very much an Abrahamic invention.

Like Leviticus, Paul's writings are mistranslated and out of context.

You have been REFUTED once again David.

Please don't lie about being REFUTED in the future.

Now go in Peace to Love and to serve the Lord rather than your buddy Satan.

Santa Cruz, CA

#13257 Nov 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>At least you admit that the Bible condemns your lifestyle choice. If you really thought the Bible was a book of lies, you wouldn't be here 24/7 posting hate, venom, and lies. FYI, I'm not at all comfortable with artistic renditions of Jesus. I think you know well enough that your claims about my identity are lies. You can post positively nothing to support your lie. I'm still trying to figure out why you are so compulsive in posting your lie. Do you think it somehow changes the fact that you have chosen to live in open rebellion against God? It's like a child caught in a bad act claiming someone else did something wrong.
That's a mighty long nose your are growing Pinocchio.

We all know exactly who you are David. Your feckless lies only help reveal who you are. Of course this is nothing new for you. You lie to yourself every day about who you really are. You are silly little sick man who needs real help. Do yourself a favor and visit a real therapist rather than NARTH or EVERGREEN.

Santa Cruz, CA

#13258 Nov 19, 2012
The mentally ill.... Sheeeeeesh!!!!
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#13259 Nov 19, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you can't post without mentioning "your" obsession with gay anal sex.
You truly are stuck on Stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (just for you, OCD/ADHD boy!)
Awwww poor little fig newton.... Did you get an oreo job done to you again by all the grade school gangs..... So sorry Miss hot flash.... "POP that MIDOL"...

Location hidden

#13260 Nov 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really because he would still be living in the closet.
:-)

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13261 Nov 19, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
The fact remains that you have your parroting and I have 30 years of service to the Church that tells me homosexuals are welcome in God's Kingdom.
This just in, you're still a Bible Parrot.
And a simpleton.
Bless you.

Happy Holidays.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#13264 Nov 19, 2012
Poor David has blown a fuse.

Look at him repeating the same drool over and over.

PATHETIC LITTLE TROLL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 min Rick in Kansas 3,001
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 32 min Sick of Bigots an... 10
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 40 min Rick in Kansas 6,014
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 42 min Pietro Armando 5,132
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 57 min Rick in Kansas 40
FDA: Gay, bisexual men able to donate blood 58 min Ozark Dude 14
New Blood Donation Rules Would Still Exclude Ma... 1 hr Claude 3
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr Lars 68,586
More from around the web