Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,295

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
devil

Ireland

#13177 Nov 17, 2012
we love the devil :D

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13179 Nov 17, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>There is no 'David' here you ridiculous liar.
If God's Word is a fantasy, why do you spend so many hours here posting hate and ignorance, liar?
Hi David. Thanks for answering my post. Your defensive manner proves me right. Besides we all know who you really are. You can run but you can't hide.

Happy Thanksgiving stupid.

Location hidden

#13180 Nov 17, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>If you really discounted the Bible with its many irrefutable condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual behavior in both Testaments, you wouldn't be here.
You obviously are very guilty about living in open rebellion against God and consider yourself waste water because of it.
I wouldn't think of discounting the Bible. You can get one for free out of any motel room courtesy of the Gideons. The trouble is they are all the phony baloney revised King James.

Anything you post David is totally refutable as are most of your worthless opinions.

Do you have any more funny stories for us?

Location hidden

#13181 Nov 17, 2012
BTW get rid of the ugly Jesus on your website.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#13183 Nov 17, 2012
Poor, poor, poor myopic Caleb. So pious and yet so naive. Just the way fundie pastors like 'em.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#13184 Nov 17, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>If you are referring to the thread topic, you are the apparent dope.
EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition supports the Bible's repeated and emphatic commands against all homosexual behavior, which are found in both Testaments.
Christianity is based on the Bible, so virtually every Christian disagrees with you.
LOL!!!....

No. He is not referring to the thread topic. He is referring to YOU!

So, that makes YOU the apparent dope! As you judge, so are you judged.

Christianity is NOT based upon the bible. Christianity existed long before either Testament of the bible was written.

Long before. Many, many thousands of years before. The origins of Christianity came out of the Mystery Schools of the Indus Valley region at least 9000 years ago.

What Jesus taught was and is the Reality of the core of Being. His Teaching is not a matter of sexual morality. It is a matter of personal integrity and the development of an individual person's open communication with the boundless love of infinite intelligence and Being.

What you are repeating on these threads is your own interpretation of what you believe the bible to be. Certainly, you are welcome to your religious opinions. But, they have little to do with the Teachings of Christ Jesus.

Rev. Ken

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#13186 Nov 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think lying about my identity changes .....
Hey! You used the same name more than once, I do believe. I think you were "Caleb" before.

That's a step in the right direction, David.

But, remember, we already talked about using Leviticus against gay folks. You can't do that, logically, unless you abide by every word in the Holiness Code for ancient Hebrew priests yourself. You don't, so you need to leave that one out.

Otherwise that makes you a lying hypocrite, remember?

Now, repost appropriately, and try to stay on message.

The entire US of A

#13187 Nov 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>.....
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers,.........
Now, David, you can't use that either, since the word "homosexual" was not even coined when the bible was written, or used in ANY context for the first couple of millennia or so after it's writing.

Can you tell us in what Bible translation (and in what year) that was first added?

You've been informed before, but you seem to have selective amnesia at times. Keep trying, though. Eventually you might learn something useful.

The entire US of A

#13188 Nov 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>.......
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
You seem to be having trouble AGAIN. The term "homosexual offender" was certainly not in any of the earlier translations of the Bible.

It almost makes us think that you have an agenda, and cherry pick whatever translation fits with your obsessions, however inaccurate.

Could that be the case, David?

The entire US of A

#13189 Nov 18, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
Poor, poor, poor myopic Caleb. So pious and yet so naive. Just the way fundie pastors like 'em.
At least he's been sticking with "Caleb". His persona is so fractured that sometimes I wonder if HE even knows who he is.

The entire US of A

#13192 Nov 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you know your post isn't honest. You know well enough that when an English word was coined is completely irrelevant.
All sexual behavior between people of the same sex is clearly condemned in EVERY translation of the Bible and in every ancient Bible text. It is impossible for you to 'cherry pick' around this fact!
Then tell us what the what the ancient word for homosexual was, and it's location in each of the texts you quote.

And NO, you are wrong, as you have been shown time and time again. Repeating the same debunked belief system only makes you look a bit unhinged. There is NO place in the Bible where gay folks are condemned. It would be silly, since God MADE us gay. We see idolatry condemned, and pagan sex rituals, but NEVER gay folks and their loved ones.

Trying to twist scripture out of context to satisfy your self loathing and bigotry is never wise.

If you believe that God creates gay folks, gives them the SAME need for love that everyone else has, and then condemns them for finding it, your version of god is a sick and twisted creature.

Why would you follow such a thing?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#13193 Nov 18, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell us what the what the ancient word for homosexual was, and it's location in each of the texts you quote.
And NO, you are wrong, as you have been shown time and time again. Repeating the same debunked belief system only makes you look a bit unhinged. There is NO place in the Bible where gay folks are condemned. It would be silly, since God MADE us gay. We see idolatry condemned, and pagan sex rituals, but NEVER gay folks and their loved ones.
Trying to twist scripture out of context to satisfy your self loathing and bigotry is never wise.
If you believe that God creates gay folks, gives them the SAME need for love that everyone else has, and then condemns them for finding it, your version of god is a sick and twisted creature.
Why would you follow such a thing?
I'd love to know the ancient Hebrew or Aramaic term, rather than a Greek-Latin hybrid from the 19th century.

If David could find it he might have a valid point, but he won't.

If he understood the Old Testament warning against pagan temple prostitutes he might understand what Saul is talking about but he doesn't.

Context is everything.....

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13194 Nov 18, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to know the ancient Hebrew or Aramaic term, rather than a Greek-Latin hybrid from the 19th century.
If David could find it he might have a valid point, but he won't.
If he understood the Old Testament warning against pagan temple prostitutes he might understand what Saul is talking about but he doesn't.
Context is everything.....
He also overlooks the fact that the word "abomination" was substituted for the word Toevah. The latter means disobedience to the rules of the tribe punishable by death or expulsion. None apply to outsiders.

Location hidden

#13195 Nov 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think lying about my identity changes the FACT that EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo Christian tradition support the Bible's many direct and explicit commands and prohibitions against all homosexual behavior found in both Testaments?
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
David. Do you think lying about your identity makes your any more relevant?

You have no personal integrity dude.

Location hidden

#13196 Nov 18, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
He also overlooks the fact that the word "abomination" was substituted for the word Toevah. The latter means disobedience to the rules of the tribe punishable by death or expulsion. None apply to outsiders.
Of course.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13198 Nov 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
NoQ

Santa Cruz, CA

#13199 Nov 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>There is no 'David' here you ridiculous liar.
If God's Word is a fantasy, why do you spend so many hours here posting hate and ignorance, liar?
WTF is God's Word?
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#13200 Nov 18, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know why the nasty Fa$$ot has the name WasteWater?? Cause he's so full of shit & semen, he's a walking, talking, breathing Cesspool. Waste - sewage LMFAO
Hey NoIQ, forget to take your meds?

Robert

Location hidden

#13201 Nov 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
David. Do you think lying about your identity makes your any more relevant?
Wastewater, seems to me Caleb is not a good friend of you?:) You don't seem to put him too high?:-)

Location hidden

#13202 Nov 18, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
No. He is not referring to the thread topic. He is referring to YOU!
So, that makes YOU the apparent dope! As you judge, so are you judged.
Christianity is NOT based upon the bible. Christianity existed long before either Testament of the bible was written.
Long before. Many, many thousands of years before. The origins of Christianity came out of the Mystery Schools of the Indus Valley region at least 9000 years ago.
What Jesus taught was and is the Reality of the core of Being. His Teaching is not a matter of sexual morality. It is a matter of personal integrity and the development of an individual person's open communication with the boundless love of infinite intelligence and Being.
What you are repeating on these threads is your own interpretation of what you believe the bible to be. Certainly, you are welcome to your religious opinions. But, they have little to do with the Teachings of Christ Jesus.
Rev. Ken
Not for REvKen:

He seems to attack personal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay kiss couple 'thrown off bus' 2 min Beauty QUEEN 28
Gay democracy activist in Cuba awaits sentencin... 10 min Jose - in Miami 36
Biggest Gay Lies 14 min Zeppelin 2,443
Islanders protest gay-marriage ban - Hawaii News (Feb '09) 58 min Joe Balls 165
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 1 hr texcota 144
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Seven Fleas 56,627
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 2 hr happyass 112
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,063
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 hr cpeter1313 1,430

Gay/Lesbian People Search