Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
11,601 - 11,620 of 24,715 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You and God are in agreement.
Not for Caleb:

It could be, but it might not be enough just to cling to an opinion if I want to be a Truthfollower?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!..... LMFAO!!!!....(the "F" stands for Friar)
I report YOU, you incessantly pusillanimous, tattling, twerty wimp!
I call you the Dufus names that you present yourself to be on these threads!
YOU are not the Referee. You are not the Umpire. YOU are not the moderator of my thoughts, my speech or my written word!
And If I choose to openly name the multi-monikered monkey from Manito a "Manurehead" for taking scriptural passages out of context in order to attempt to foist and assert his hypocritical and bigoted, homophobic views onto others who post here, it is MY prerogative to do so - righteously, in accordance with TOPIX Terms of Service.
You have nothing to say about it. But, of course, you can continue to whimper and whine and defecate all over yourself, raising an unholy stink about it, if that is your preference.
Now,... you may retire to your dark and terrible place, if that is where you really want to go. When you come back out, Guess Who will be standing in the Light, waiting patiently for you!
That's right, little buddy. Consider it and ... I suggest that you report it, too, ASAP and then put it on the fire so that the smoke rises like incense into your nostrils, penetrating your little pea-brain until you get the message.
Time for you to man-up and post something of value instead of whining and suckling on your pacifier.
Rev. Ken
It's reported of course.

Not for RevKen:

This man seems to have a lot of aggression?:) Aggression is hell inside a person, isn't it? Or frustration. He might get only more and more until he repents eventually?

His fate might be really terrible (not a threat). Poor guy? Or what do you say guys?

He might be going to a really terrible place? Maybe he has started in that direction already inside himself? ;)

I don't know...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still saying he's part of Santeria....
What's that? ;)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still saying he's part of Santeria....
Sure could be. He uses cursing in an interesting hidden form and tries to enlist others in joining with him.

I make him out to be southeast Asian. Possibly island Filipino or Micronesian. Some of these are culturally educated in hostile psychic exchange. It is a very limited source of psychic power and usually backfires badly on the user. So, every time he suggests that his chosen conversational opponent is to be relegated to a dark and terrible place, he is actually preparing himself for that exact fate.

Let's just hope he learns from his mistakes.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I report you, of course.
Not for Manmanman. Instead, it is for his mommy.
Dear mommy of Manmanman,
You need to take better care of your little boy. Your son carries a lot of passive aggression. He claims to not threaten others. Then he turns right around in the next sentence, as he has done in the post above, and reiterates his hidden wish for negative, dark, terrible things to happen to others.
This behavior is highly offensive and it is completely transparent. Everybody knows that you allowed and taught him to do this. Your son, Manmanman, carries a toxic agression that makes him refuse to converse with others, always trying to gain an upper hand in conversation while actually inviting the other to converse.
Then, when another posts an opinion or point of view that Manmanman disagrees with, he attempts to curse and shun and enlist people who are not a part of the conversation in similarly cursing and shunning.
This is despicable and cowardly behavior - showing the dark and terrible direction that his passive-agressive behavior is taking him.
Good luck with that. If I were you, mommy of Manmanman, I think I would either subject him to a lengthy spanking, because he seems to always come back for more. So, apparently this is really what he wants. Or, maybe he just needs some time out in his corner, sitting on a stool with his little Dunce Cap on. In the meantime, mommy of Manmanman, it is very apparent that you have raised a real weenie. And I don't mean Oscar Mayer.
In any case, we here in The Episcopal Church Forum welcome his joining in the conversation. But, only if he repents of his terrible behavior and then decides on his own to step up to the plate and swing at the pitches with his own bat.
I DO know....
Rev. Ken
Not for RevKen:

You might see all of you that RevKen i trying to contact my mother through this post.

Not sure if he has understood the rules in here. This username Manmanman is for me, not for my mother. I don't think my mother has read this post, so maybe it was waste of time for him? That the post just went out in the air?:)

RevKen still seems to be quite abusive, but his judgement might be quite terrible one day if he keeps on?

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I report you, of course.
Not for Manmanman. Instead, it is for his mommy.
Dear mommy of Manmanman,
You need to take better care of your little boy. Your son carries a lot of passive aggression. He claims to not threaten others. Then he turns right around in the next sentence, as he has done in the post above, and reiterates his hidden wish for negative, dark, terrible things to happen to others.
This behavior is highly offensive and it is completely transparent. Everybody knows that you allowed and taught him to do this. Your son, Manmanman, carries a toxic agression that makes him refuse to converse with others, always trying to gain an upper hand in conversation while actually inviting the other to converse.
Then, when another posts an opinion or point of view that Manmanman disagrees with, he attempts to curse and shun and enlist people who are not a part of the conversation in similarly cursing and shunning.
This is despicable and cowardly behavior - showing the dark and terrible direction that his passive-agressive behavior is taking him.
Good luck with that. If I were you, mommy of Manmanman, I think I would either subject him to a lengthy spanking, because he seems to always come back for more. So, apparently this is really what he wants. Or, maybe he just needs some time out in his corner, sitting on a stool with his little Dunce Cap on. In the meantime, mommy of Manmanman, it is very apparent that you have raised a real weenie. And I don't mean Oscar Mayer.
In any case, we here in The Episcopal Church Forum welcome his joining in the conversation. But, only if he repents of his terrible behavior and then decides on his own to step up to the plate and swing at the pitches with his own bat.
I DO know....
Rev. Ken
Not for RevKen:

You might see all of you that RevKen is trying to contact my mother through this post.

Not sure if he has understood the rules in here. This username Manmanman is for me, not for my mother. I don't think my mother has read this post, so maybe it was waste of time for him? That the post just went out in the air?:)

RevKen still seems to be quite abusive, but the judgement for him might be quite terrible one day if he keeps on?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Stupid!
I do NOT wish to contact your mother. If she is anything like you, she will be twice as bad, probably ugly and almost certainly twenty or so years older! Probably an old lady my age. Yeeeesh!
I wrote the post in order to insult you, knowing that you would not be able to read it without responding to it, just as you have. So, we are having the [third person] conversation that you say you don't want and write that your reply is "not for" when, obviously, it is intended to be exactly for the one you cannot bear not to reply to.
I LMAO over your silly antics. Do you like that?
You should, because that is exactly what your feckless fiddling on these threads is fulminating.
It is YOU who apparently does not understand the rules in here.
As for whether or not your mother read this post, I doubt it. But, if you have the guts, show it to her. Then, you'll get the spanking you deserve and apparently want so badly! LOL!!!....
You need to worry about your OWN judgment day, sonny. You know,... the one you are loading up for yourself by issuing veiled threats upon others? The one judgment day that will put you exactly where you fear to go.
Now, I tire of this pointless conversation with you.
So,... bye bye for now. And may the Boomerang of your dreams for others fly up your nose.
Rev. Ken
Not for RevKen:

Well, this post is addressed to "Stupid!". That's not me. I am Manmanman. It's reported.

At the end he writes that he is tired 'of this pointless conversation with you".

Who does he mean? With "Stupid!"? Not sure if "Stupid!" will read this post as my mother might not read the post above.

Yea, he might get tired when he writes long posts? This post is to nobody or just out in the air?

My best to everybody included RevKen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is NOT God. Your God is too small.
10 words of Truth.
dman

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for RevKen:
You might see all of you that RevKen i trying to contact my mother through this post.
RevKen still seems to be quite abusive, but his judgement might be quite terrible one day if he keeps on?
Sounds like you don't feel good... Hopefully feel better soon..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

dman wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you don't feel good... Hopefully feel better soon..
I don't understand you. Can you be more clear? What is your message? What is your point? What do you want?
dman

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand you. Can you be more clear? What is your message? What is your point? What do you want?
My message is try to commit to yourself and others will be more open to hearing your message. I want eternal world peace and for everyone to explore the world with meaning. I also would appreciate a winning lottery ticket.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

dman wrote:
<quoted text> My message is try to commit to yourself and others will be more open to hearing your message.
Okay, you give me advices. Can you say a little bit more about how this has worked for you? Do you manage to talk in "I-form", not talking about me, but talking about how it has worked for you?
dman

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you give me advices. Can you say a little bit more about how this has worked for you? Do you manage to talk in "I-form", not talking about me, but talking about how it has worked for you?
You want scripture talk or blunt talk? having a sense of humor when bad things happen to you is a good start.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Maybe this will help:

Homosexuality and the Bible

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/blogs/godless-g...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

dman wrote:
<quoted text> You want scripture talk or blunt talk? having a sense of humor when bad things happen to you is a good start.
Just interested in what has helped you. I am not at all interested in advices. Do you manage to talk about yourself?
booma

Abuja, Nigeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Meeting Jesus is the only way out of eternal damnation. Meet Him today in prayer and walk with Him the rest of your days; He's awesome

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

booma wrote:
Meeting Jesus is the only way out of eternal damnation. Meet Him today in prayer and walk with Him the rest of your days; He's awesome
You wouldn't know Jesus if he sat down next to you on the bus.

Since: Oct 12

Deer Creek, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

First of all, these people that are saying the Bible is full of lies and contradictions, and should be burned. Your wrong, this Book has survived for so many years and has not been altered one bit. It has predicted future events and some have already come true! Of course I have grown up in the church so you may be thinking I have been "brainwashed" to hate gays but I dont! I struggle with homosexuality (which explains why I am on this forum) I do agree the Bible does condemn it but don't condemn Christians for the way they attack us.

Not all Christians are anti-gay and the so called anti-gay Christians are not Christians at all! We are taught to love one and another and so they give us a bad name. I do agree the world is not ready for us for there is still alot of opposition. My church condemns it so I am a closeted gay but yes I have spoken my peace now. I am not flaming you guys honestly. This is just some guys random thoughts put together in Defense of the Christians and Gays

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

booma wrote:
You are very instructive; Do you manage to talk about yourself? What have YOU experienced?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Stupid!
I do NOT wish to contact your mother. If she is anything like you, she will be twice as bad, probably ugly and almost certainly twenty or so years older! Probably an old lady my age. Yeeeesh!
I wrote the post in order to insult you, knowing that you would not be able to read it without responding to it, just as you have. So, we are having the [third person] conversation that you say you don't want and write that your reply is "not for" when, obviously, it is intended to be exactly for the one you cannot bear not to reply to.
I LMAO over your silly antics. Do you like that?
You should, because that is exactly what your feckless fiddling on these threads is fulminating.
It is YOU who apparently does not understand the rules in here.
As for whether or not your mother read this post, I doubt it. But, if you have the guts, show it to her. Then, you'll get the spanking you deserve and apparently want so badly! LOL!!!....
You need to worry about your OWN judgment day, sonny. You know,... the one you are loading up for yourself by issuing veiled threats upon others? The one judgment day that will put you exactly where you fear to go.
Now, I tire of this pointless conversation with you.
So,... bye bye for now. And may the Boomerang of your dreams for others fly up your nose.
Rev. Ken
Not for REvKen:

He seems to struggle quite much in here; Quite abusive and aggressive?

And saying against himself? First writing a post to Manmanman's mother; Then assuming he thinks I am "Stupid!", telling me that he didn't want to write to my mother?

But of course I am not "Stupid!" so the post is addressed to someone that as far as I know is not into the conversation.

It seems to me he is also full of hate; He deliberately wanted to insult this "Stupid!"; How can a follower of Yeshua deliberately want to instult people?

Is that possible?

This man seems to have another master than Yeshua, at least when it comes to this point?

His father might be the Father of all lies, satan himself? And of course for those who follow him there is no future?

Or what do you say guys? His future might be terrible? He is making it si himself? He is choosing that?

I am leaving his area.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••