Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

booma

Abuja, Nigeria

#12243 Oct 13, 2012
Meeting Jesus is the only way out of eternal damnation. Meet Him today in prayer and walk with Him the rest of your days; He's awesome

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12244 Oct 13, 2012
booma wrote:
Meeting Jesus is the only way out of eternal damnation. Meet Him today in prayer and walk with Him the rest of your days; He's awesome
You wouldn't know Jesus if he sat down next to you on the bus.

Since: Oct 12

Saint Anthony, IA

#12245 Oct 13, 2012
First of all, these people that are saying the Bible is full of lies and contradictions, and should be burned. Your wrong, this Book has survived for so many years and has not been altered one bit. It has predicted future events and some have already come true! Of course I have grown up in the church so you may be thinking I have been "brainwashed" to hate gays but I dont! I struggle with homosexuality (which explains why I am on this forum) I do agree the Bible does condemn it but don't condemn Christians for the way they attack us.

Not all Christians are anti-gay and the so called anti-gay Christians are not Christians at all! We are taught to love one and another and so they give us a bad name. I do agree the world is not ready for us for there is still alot of opposition. My church condemns it so I am a closeted gay but yes I have spoken my peace now. I am not flaming you guys honestly. This is just some guys random thoughts put together in Defense of the Christians and Gays

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12246 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
You are very instructive; Do you manage to talk about yourself? What have YOU experienced?

Location hidden

#12247 Oct 14, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Stupid!
I do NOT wish to contact your mother. If she is anything like you, she will be twice as bad, probably ugly and almost certainly twenty or so years older! Probably an old lady my age. Yeeeesh!
I wrote the post in order to insult you, knowing that you would not be able to read it without responding to it, just as you have. So, we are having the [third person] conversation that you say you don't want and write that your reply is "not for" when, obviously, it is intended to be exactly for the one you cannot bear not to reply to.
I LMAO over your silly antics. Do you like that?
You should, because that is exactly what your feckless fiddling on these threads is fulminating.
It is YOU who apparently does not understand the rules in here.
As for whether or not your mother read this post, I doubt it. But, if you have the guts, show it to her. Then, you'll get the spanking you deserve and apparently want so badly! LOL!!!....
You need to worry about your OWN judgment day, sonny. You know,... the one you are loading up for yourself by issuing veiled threats upon others? The one judgment day that will put you exactly where you fear to go.
Now, I tire of this pointless conversation with you.
So,... bye bye for now. And may the Boomerang of your dreams for others fly up your nose.
Rev. Ken
Not for REvKen:

He seems to struggle quite much in here; Quite abusive and aggressive?

And saying against himself? First writing a post to Manmanman's mother; Then assuming he thinks I am "Stupid!", telling me that he didn't want to write to my mother?

But of course I am not "Stupid!" so the post is addressed to someone that as far as I know is not into the conversation.

It seems to me he is also full of hate; He deliberately wanted to insult this "Stupid!"; How can a follower of Yeshua deliberately want to instult people?

Is that possible?

This man seems to have another master than Yeshua, at least when it comes to this point?

His father might be the Father of all lies, satan himself? And of course for those who follow him there is no future?

Or what do you say guys? His future might be terrible? He is making it si himself? He is choosing that?

I am leaving his area.

Location hidden

#12248 Oct 14, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Stupid!
I do NOT wish to contact your mother. If she is anything like you, she will be twice as bad, probably ugly and almost certainly twenty or so years older! Probably an old lady my age. Yeeeesh!
I wrote the post in order to insult you, knowing that you would not be able to read it without responding to it, just as you have. So, we are having the [third person] conversation that you say you don't want and write that your reply is "not for" when, obviously, it is intended to be exactly for the one you cannot bear not to reply to.
You should, because that is exactly what your feckless fiddling on these threads is fulminating.
As for whether or not your mother read this post, I doubt it. But, if you have the guts, show it to her. Then, you'll get the spanking you deserve and apparently want so badly! LOL!!!....
You need to worry about your OWN judgment day, sonny. You know,... the one you are loading up for yourself by issuing veiled threats upon others? The one judgment day that will put you exactly where you fear to go.
So,... bye bye for now. And may the Boomerang of your dreams for others fly up your nose.
Rev. Ken
Sorry, I will write a little bit better:

Not for RevKen:

And saying against himself? First writing a post to Manmanman's mother; Then assuming he thinks that Manmanman is "Stupid!", and then telling Manmanman that he didn't want to write to Manmanman's mother?

But of course I am not "Stupid!" so the post is addressed to someone that as far as I know is not into this conversation.

It seems to me he is also full of hate; He deliberately wanted to insult this "Stupid!"; How can a follower of Yeshua deliberately want to instult people?

Is that possible?

This man seems to have another master than Yeshua, at least when it comes to this point?

His master might be the Father of all lies, satan himself? And of course for those who follow him there is no future?

Or what do you say guys? His future might be terrible? He is making it himself? He is choosing that?

I am leaving his area.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12249 Oct 14, 2012
Boy17 wrote:
First of all, these people that are saying the Bible is full of lies and contradictions, and should be burned. Your wrong, this Book has survived for so many years and has not been altered one bit. It has predicted future events and some have already come true! Of course I have grown up in the church so you may be thinking I have been "brainwashed" to hate gays but I dont! I struggle with homosexuality (which explains why I am on this forum) I do agree the Bible does condemn it but don't condemn Christians for the way they attack us.
Not all Christians are anti-gay and the so called anti-gay Christians are not Christians at all! We are taught to love one and another and so they give us a bad name. I do agree the world is not ready for us for there is still alot of opposition. My church condemns it so I am a closeted gay but yes I have spoken my peace now. I am not flaming you guys honestly. This is just some guys random thoughts put together in Defense of the Christians and Gays
Dear Boy17,

I sympathize with you having to remain closeted for now. But, I also suggest you look for a Church that openly recognizes what you know about yourself.

The Episcopal church understands. You don't have an easy row to hoe. But, finding a place to worship honestly, where you are accepted for being yourself, is a good place to take a breather.

You are welcome to ask questions here and to present your views here.

Rev. Ken

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12250 Oct 14, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I will write a little bit better:
Not for RevKen:
And saying against himself? First writing a post to Manmanman's mother; Then assuming he thinks that Manmanman is "Stupid!", and then telling Manmanman that he didn't want to write to Manmanman's mother?
But of course I am not "Stupid!" so the post is addressed to someone that as far as I know is not into this conversation.
Is that possible?
His master might be the Father of all lies, satan himself? And of course for those who follow him there is no future?
Or what do you say guys? His future might be terrible? He is making it himself? He is choosing that?
I am leaving his area.
Dear MMM,

Don't go away mad. Just go away.- quote: Alfred E. Newman

When you show up again, put aside your worthlessness and present your ideas about the thread subject.

At one point, recently, you began to do this, writing that you did not believe that a homosexual should act on his nature.

I replied that you are welcome to express your opinion. But, do not expect your misconceptions to go unchallenged. Defend your opinions, MMM, if you can. If you find that you are in error, be honest with yourself and change your mind.

In the meantime, thicken up your skin a little bit, get a sense of humor and stop threatening people with your suggestions and enlistments of psychic vengeance.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#12251 Oct 14, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear MMM,
Don't go away mad. Just go away.- quote: Alfred E. Newman
When you show up again, put aside your worthlessness and present your ideas about the thread subject.
At one point, recently, you began to do this, writing that you did not believe that a homosexual should act on his nature.
I replied that you are welcome to express your opinion. But, do not expect your misconceptions to go unchallenged. Defend your opinions, MMM, if you can. If you find that you are in error, be honest with yourself and change your mind.
In the meantime, thicken up your skin a little bit, get a sense of humor and stop threatening people with your suggestions and enlistments of psychic vengeance.
Rev. Ken
Who are you talking to? My name is Manmanman.

Not for RevKen:

In this post he shows that he is very isntructive, very controlling; He tries to control this MMM who I don't know who is. He has big problems with aggression, controlling and so. It might be good to keep distance?

In one second he is extremely aggressive. In the next second he is "friendly" and looks serious, but he is controlling and instructive.

I just keep distance.

Location hidden

#12252 Oct 14, 2012
Not for RevKen:

RevKen is unstable, abusive, controlling, aggressive and instructive as far as I can see.

It might be smart to not debate with such people?:)

Location hidden

#12253 Oct 14, 2012
People who are controlling usually do that out of fear? Like RevKen? And those who fear are far from the Lord?:)

Location hidden

#12254 Oct 14, 2012
Not for RevKen:

RevKen all the time tries to control me? Tells me how I should be and how I should not be? That's controlling behaviour, isn't it? And the need for control comes from fear, doesn't it?

So he might be full of fear. And those who are full of fear, do they know the Lord very well?

Scripture says that complete love casts fear out, doesn't it? So RevKen might have a lot of problems? And those problems might make his life more and more problematic?:)
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#12255 Oct 14, 2012
if you read the Bible properly you will find that God condemns homosexuals
read the Bible: LEV.18:22.man shall not lie with man like a woman. ROM.1:27, 1 COR.6:9 Mat.19:4 God made them man and woman.Gen.19:5 and 4,Gen.18:20, Gen13:13, Jude.1:7 Heb.13:4
Caleb

Pekin, IL

#12256 Oct 14, 2012
doug wrote:
read the Bible: LEV.18:22.man shall not lie with man like a woman. ROM.1:27, 1 COR.6:9 Mat.19:4 God made them man and woman.Gen.19:5 and 4,Gen.18:20, Gen13:13, Jude.1:7 Heb.13:4
Yes, there is positively no doubt about this. No one has been able to cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places this fact in question.

Location hidden

#12257 Oct 14, 2012
Boy17 wrote:
There is no good reason to struggle with homosexuality. It IS who you are.

Location hidden

#12259 Oct 14, 2012
doug wrote:
I read the Bible. Your post is nonsense.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#12260 Oct 14, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Stupid!
Rev. Ken
LOL!

And his own psychological summary...
Anonymous

Cincinnati, OH

#12262 Oct 14, 2012
Omg
This is a bunch of bull shnid-pit
Get your flucking lives together!!! God loves everyone, no matter what! And the bible is VERY contradictory.
One minute God loves everyone, another minute he's condemning a certain population of ppl. Wtf is that. Get your lives together lol.
Haha, bye for now

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#12263 Oct 14, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the Bible. Your post is nonsense.
Indeed.

Spin spin spin and more out of context spin..........

Location hidden

#12264 Oct 14, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you stay on subject?
Stop condemning other or as the Bible say 'as YOU judge so will YOU be judged'.
If you are not afraid you don't need to burn or report, do you.
PLEASE, see a therapist, you're too ignorant for this to be an act....
Not for Middleway:

It's reported of course. Middleway is actually lying, I guess. I think he wrote he didn't want any more contact with me, but he is still contacting me and trying to control me?

Let's look at him:
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you stay on subject?
That's an accusation, trying to change me.

MiddleWay wrote:
Stop condemning other or as the Bible say 'as YOU judge so will YOU be judged'.
It's a command, trying to control me?

MiddleWay wrote:
If you are not afraid you don't need to burn or report, do you.
Accusation, trying to argue to make me change? The same as the devil did with Yeshua in the desert?

If... you are the Son of God...

MiddleWay wrote:
PLEASE, see a therapist, you're too ignorant for this to be an act....
Angry, accusation? Not sure what is ignorant about my behaviour? Here is a definition of ignorance:

"Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts."

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Wonder how I am ignorant? How am in lack of knowledge? If his accusation is false, then he is a liar?

Is it so that he and RevKen has the same spirit of control, comming from fear and lack of contact with the Truth?

I think the Jewish thinking is good. It supports personal freedom as far as I know, but Middleway has a supressing, controlling spirit as far as I can see.

He might not be very free... and hate it when he can't control other people?

Hopefully he will repent one day and see that he is powerless and start to heal as I am powerless. All people are powerless I guess over other people?

My best!:):)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Frankie Rizzo 15,955
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 11 min Stephany McDowell 1
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 12 min OccupyThis 70
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 19 min Skippy 68,968
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 22 min Queers and Jews Suck 475
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 39 min lides 38,788
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 21
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 4 hr Bubba Cooder 205
More from around the web