Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34844 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#12190 Oct 11, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I report YOU, of course.
But, LOL, as is the case, the posts that you have made, threatening others, while refusing to post on-topic, are all here in plain sight for everybody to read and then to ignore.
And as for "putting it on the fire and burning it"... well, that too is a bunch of malarky. My posts and replies are right here foe everyone to read, also. And nothing has gone onto the fire - or better yet, ALL of it has survived your little flaming temper tantrums and incessant whining and tattling.
So enjoy your ineffectual inferno and retire to your own terrible little dark place.
In the meantime, while you are licking your psychic wounds and dabbing your pouty little bruised lips and whimpering and simpering in frustration at your own misery, try posting here with something that relates to the thread topic.
Oh, and by the way, I remind you that YOU are reported again for refusing to comply with TOPIX Terms of Service.
Enjoy your medicine as the flames in your waste can rise up around you.
Rev. Ken
LOL!

Who curses people these days?

Of course we have no idea what 'religion' mmman is, I'm going with Santeria.........
Godzilla

Japan

#12191 Oct 11, 2012
Deut 7:9-11 Now therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which
keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his
commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that
hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that
hateth him, he will repay him to his face. Thou shalt therefore keep the
commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee
this day, to do them
Corbin

Pekin, IL

#12192 Oct 11, 2012
Godzilla wrote:
Deut 7:9-11 Now therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which
this day, to do them
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

The Mountain Empire

#12193 Oct 11, 2012
Godzilla wrote:
this day, to do them
Jesus didn't speak the Queen's English.

But he did mention the two most important commands and He didn't mention your out of context verse from Deuteronomy.

LOL.........

The Mountain Empire

#12194 Oct 11, 2012
Corbin wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Still pretending to be a member of the tribe of Levites, David?

LOL!

And you are still reading Saul's love letters, which have nothing to do with Jesus.

Poor you....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12195 Oct 11, 2012
Corbin doesn't exist.

David is gay no matter how many stupid Bible quotes he posts.
Godzilla

Japan

#12196 Oct 11, 2012
Psalms 9:16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is
snared in the work of his own hands.
Godzilla

Japan

#12197 Oct 11, 2012
Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the
day of evil.

The Mountain Empire

#12198 Oct 11, 2012
Matthew 3:

43 “You have heard that our fathers were told,‘Love your neighbor — and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

OR

Matthew 22:

37 He told him,“‘You are to love Adonai your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.’ 38 This is the greatest and most important mitzvah. 39 And a second is similar to it,‘You are to love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All of the Torah and the Prophets are dependent on these two mitzvot.”

Go did love....
Corbin

Pekin, IL

#12199 Oct 11, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Matthew 3:
43 “You have heard that our fathers were told,‘Love your neighbor — and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
OR
Matthew 22:
37 He told him,“‘You are to love Adonai your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.’ 38 This is the greatest and most important mitzvah. 39 And a second is similar to it,‘You are to love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All of the Torah and the Prophets are dependent on these two mitzvot.”
Go did love....
If you loved your neighbor, you would warn him of the hellfire that follows a homosexual lifetsyle choice.

If you were a Christian, you would not perjure Paul.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12201 Oct 12, 2012
I think it is important to manage dialogue; In here there seems to be many people who can't.

What do you say guys, there might not be point to have a dialogue with people who can't dialogue?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12202 Oct 12, 2012
Corbin wrote:
<quoted text>If you loved your neighbor, you would warn him of the hellfire that follows a homosexual lifetsyle choice.
Saul was garbage just like you. He killed Jesus' brother James.

Wake up David.
Godzilla

Japan

#12203 Oct 12, 2012
Isaiah 14:9-11 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it
stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath
raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations. All they shall
speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become
like unto us? Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy
viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#12204 Oct 12, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul was garbage just like you. He killed Jesus' brother James.
Wake up David.
That's really funny.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12205 Oct 12, 2012
Corbin wrote:
<quoted text>If you loved your neighbor, you would warn him of the hellfire that follows a homosexual lifetsyle choice.
It is no surprise to anyone that you repeatedly post the misconceptions that you do. Your idea of loving your neighbor is to bury him under a heap of guilt and shame, blaming him for the hatred and disgust that YOU hold dear.

You are a blatant hypocrite and a bigot, attached to an outdated view of a segregationist, dying "Christianity" that is not at all Christian.

In fact, you live in an Old Testament mentality, selectively holding to parts of the Levitical code that you have found to agree with your negative bias.

As to not perjuring scripture, you are a joke! You perjure the entire reason for scripture. If today were two thousand years ago and the place were Jerusalem, you would be one of the crowd calling for His crucifixion.

Rev. Ken
Godzilla

Japan

#12206 Oct 12, 2012
Isaiah 14:15-19 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that
see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the
man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the
world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the
house of his prisoners?...But thou art cast out of thy grave like an
abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust
through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase
trodden under feet.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12208 Oct 12, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no surprise to anyone that you repeatedly post the misconceptions that you do. Your idea of loving your neighbor is to bury him under a heap of guilt and shame, blaming him for the hatred and disgust that YOU hold dear.
You are a blatant hypocrite and a bigot, attached to an outdated view of a segregationist, dying "Christianity" that is not at all Christian.
In fact, you live in an Old Testament mentality, selectively holding to parts of the Levitical code that you have found to agree with your negative bias.
As to not perjuring scripture, you are a joke! You perjure the entire reason for scripture. If today were two thousand years ago and the place were Jerusalem, you would be one of the crowd calling for His crucifixion.
Rev. Ken
What do you think guys? RevKen is continously attacking another man?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#12209 Oct 12, 2012
Corbin wrote:
<quoted text>You of course lie.
The New Testament is more emphatic in condemning your homosexual lifestyle choice than the Old.
EVERY denomination that waffles on the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior is in steep decline. Nearly all who support the Bible's commands are growing.
Scripture says unrepentant homosexuals will suffer eternal consequences. If you believed in the Bible and loved your neighbor, you would not be encouraging them to remain on a path that leads to Eternal punishment!
The real point is all about why any reasonable, thinking person should accept as truth the Famous Five, Hardy Boys, bible/scriptures, Harry Potter or the (bullshit) da Vinci Code.

For the sake of clarity I have placed them in descending order of value.

TheNukedFarma

Elgin, IL

#12213 Oct 12, 2012
Jesus said to be our selves...I'm straight
Donny

UK

#12214 Oct 12, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is wrong to act on homosexual urges.
Indeed it is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 1 min WasteWater 67
News We have reached the George Wallace stage of the... 4 min Tiger 10
News Kentucky clerk, citing God, defies courts on ga... 4 min Rainbow Kid 21
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 4 min WasteWater 3,235
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 6 min Jonah1 341
News Clerk in gay marriage fight once unlikely to wa... 8 min Wondering 5
News Kentucky Marriage License Dispute 'Up To Courts... 19 min Becky 8
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 38 min tat tvam asi 511
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 58 min Frankie Rizzo 25,906
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 1 hr lides 1,253
More from around the web