Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
11,561 - 11,580 of 24,725 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Kade

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
There never was any debate because you, under all your different aliases, simply reposted the same old verses and heaped abuse on any person who questioned your point of view.
You're living about 600 years too late and would have been more suited to the period where people were burned at the stake for believing that the earth orbited the sun, or had a mole/wart on their body or a black cat came near them.
You know so little about your own holy book that you had no clue even that it contained 66 books rather than the 73 book Catholic version that I kept referring to.
Actually, if YOU had been living in that era, then itsvery likely that YOU would have been one of those who believed the earth was flat, etc.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Kade wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if YOU had been living in that era, then itsvery likely that YOU would have been one of those who believed the earth was flat, etc.
Hardly.
I made a bad Catholic because I asked questions all the time, especially as I saw, more & more, what a fraud the Catholic church was - and all its spun off derivatives.
Kade

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Those who believed the earth was flat, or that the Earth was the centre of the universe were not all fools. Not by a very long way. They based their beliefs on what information was available at the time.

To a people unaware of the Earth's rotation, it would appear that the sun, moon and stars do indeed orbit our planet. Those people were not idiots!

How easy it is to look back and think,'Oh, but 'I' would have known better.'

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Kade wrote:
Those who believed the earth was flat, or that the Earth was the centre of the universe were not all fools. Not by a very long way. They based their beliefs on what information was available at the time.
To a people unaware of the Earth's rotation, it would appear that the sun, moon and stars do indeed orbit our planet. Those people were not idiots!
How easy it is to look back and think,'Oh, but 'I' would have known better.'
I'm talking about 600 years ago and the attitude of the Church to any dissent.

In the West, the ancient Greeks by the 4th century BC were aware that the earth was neither flat nor the centre of the universe although Ptolemy placed the earth at the centre and his view was accepted by the Church.

As far back as the 9th century BC Indian Vedic Sanskrit texts described the Sun is a fixed, stationary point in our solar system with the planets revolving around it.

Copernicus (1473-1543) was the first person to scientifically describe the true situation but the Pope savagely suppressed all arguments relating to his theory. Nearly a hundred years later, Galileo further expanded on Copernicus' theory resulting in his being tried for blasphemy and forced to recant his beliefs before spending the rest of his life under house arrest.

Ferdinand Magellan got it right when he said, "The Church says the Earth is flat. But I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the Moon. And I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church."
sam

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Add me guyz...
Up for good chat...
Ready to do anything...
Pin : 29CB0F58

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
There never was any debate because you, under all your different aliases, simply reposted the same old verses and heaped abuse on any person who questioned your point of view.
You're living about 600 years too late and would have been more suited to the period where people were burned at the stake for believing that the earth orbited the sun, or had a mole/wart on their body or a black cat came near them.
You know so little about your own holy book that you had no clue even that it contained 66 books rather than the 73 book Catholic version that I kept referring to.
I think Ken is not the same guy as that guy from Lacon? Actually what happened to him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RevKen, the man with the big problems, what happened to him?

RevKen; Be blessed and all others as well.

What happened to El Segundo?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
RevKen, the man with the big problems, what happened to him?
RevKen; Be blessed and all others as well.
What happened to El Segundo?
Dearest MMM,

LOL!!!....
YOU are El Segundo.

You have tried, unsuccessfully, to fool everyone on these threads by having a conversation with yourself, El Segundo. There is an El Segundo and his name is Manmanman!

You repeatedly threaten anyone who calls you out for meddling on these threads without any apparent purpose. You attempt to curse them, saying, "maybe so and so will go to a terrible place or fate."

Do you think people do not understand your threats?

What are you doing here, anyway? What is your purpose? Why do you never present your point of view on the thread subject matter?

You think I have prblems? LOL! What is YOUR problem? Why does nobody reply to you and your incessant whining?

Now, it is your turn and .... because you have continued to whine and threaten people on these threads, while repeatedly refusing to post on-topic,

I am reporting YOU to the TOPIX administrators for your constant threats, bad behavior and deliberate refusal to comply with TOPIX terms of service.

It is reported.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest MMM,
LOL!!!....
YOU are El Segundo.
You have tried, unsuccessfully, to fool everyone on these threads by having a conversation with yourself, El Segundo. There is an El Segundo and his name is Manmanman!
You repeatedly threaten anyone who calls you out for meddling on these threads without any apparent purpose. You attempt to curse them, saying, "maybe so and so will go to a terrible place or fate."
Do you think people do not understand your threats?
What are you doing here, anyway? What is your purpose? Why do you never present your point of view on the thread subject matter?
You think I have prblems? LOL! What is YOUR problem? Why does nobody reply to you and your incessant whining?
Now, it is your turn and .... because you have continued to whine and threaten people on these threads, while repeatedly refusing to post on-topic,
I am reporting YOU to the TOPIX administrators for your constant threats, bad behavior and deliberate refusal to comply with TOPIX terms of service.
It is reported.
Rev. Ken
It's reported of course. Then I just put it on the fire and burn it or just leave it to someone that cares, administrators i.e.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's reported of course. Then I just put it on the fire and burn it or just leave it to someone that cares, administrators i.e.
I report YOU, of course.

But, LOL, as is the case, the posts that you have made, threatening others, while refusing to post on-topic, are all here in plain sight for everybody to read and then to ignore.

And as for "putting it on the fire and burning it"... well, that too is a bunch of malarky. My posts and replies are right here foe everyone to read, also. And nothing has gone onto the fire - or better yet, ALL of it has survived your little flaming temper tantrums and incessant whining and tattling.

So enjoy your ineffectual inferno and retire to your own terrible little dark place.

In the meantime, while you are licking your psychic wounds and dabbing your pouty little bruised lips and whimpering and simpering in frustration at your own misery, try posting here with something that relates to the thread topic.

Oh, and by the way, I remind you that YOU are reported again for refusing to comply with TOPIX Terms of Service.

Enjoy your medicine as the flames in your waste can rise up around you.

Rev. Ken

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I report YOU, of course.
But, LOL, as is the case, the posts that you have made, threatening others, while refusing to post on-topic, are all here in plain sight for everybody to read and then to ignore.
And as for "putting it on the fire and burning it"... well, that too is a bunch of malarky. My posts and replies are right here foe everyone to read, also. And nothing has gone onto the fire - or better yet, ALL of it has survived your little flaming temper tantrums and incessant whining and tattling.
So enjoy your ineffectual inferno and retire to your own terrible little dark place.
In the meantime, while you are licking your psychic wounds and dabbing your pouty little bruised lips and whimpering and simpering in frustration at your own misery, try posting here with something that relates to the thread topic.
Oh, and by the way, I remind you that YOU are reported again for refusing to comply with TOPIX Terms of Service.
Enjoy your medicine as the flames in your waste can rise up around you.
Rev. Ken
LOL!

Who curses people these days?

Of course we have no idea what 'religion' mmman is, I'm going with Santeria.........
Godzilla

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Deut 7:9-11 Now therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which
keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his
commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that
hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that
hateth him, he will repay him to his face. Thou shalt therefore keep the
commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee
this day, to do them
Corbin

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Godzilla wrote:
Deut 7:9-11 Now therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which
this day, to do them
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Godzilla wrote:
this day, to do them
Jesus didn't speak the Queen's English.

But he did mention the two most important commands and He didn't mention your out of context verse from Deuteronomy.

LOL.........

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Corbin wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Still pretending to be a member of the tribe of Levites, David?

LOL!

And you are still reading Saul's love letters, which have nothing to do with Jesus.

Poor you....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Corbin doesn't exist.

David is gay no matter how many stupid Bible quotes he posts.
Godzilla

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Psalms 9:16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is
snared in the work of his own hands.
Godzilla

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the
day of evil.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Matthew 3:

43 “You have heard that our fathers were told,‘Love your neighbor — and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

OR

Matthew 22:

37 He told him,“‘You are to love Adonai your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.’ 38 This is the greatest and most important mitzvah. 39 And a second is similar to it,‘You are to love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All of the Torah and the Prophets are dependent on these two mitzvot.”

Go did love....
Corbin

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
Matthew 3:
43 “You have heard that our fathers were told,‘Love your neighbor — and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
OR
Matthew 22:
37 He told him,“‘You are to love Adonai your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.’ 38 This is the greatest and most important mitzvah. 39 And a second is similar to it,‘You are to love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All of the Torah and the Prophets are dependent on these two mitzvot.”
Go did love....
If you loved your neighbor, you would warn him of the hellfire that follows a homosexual lifetsyle choice.

If you were a Christian, you would not perjure Paul.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••