Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 35954 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#11875 Sep 25, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Yes okay LAPIZ.... Always need a supporting imaginary cast.... P&S... for you weakstitch....:)
I am all 11,482 posters who think you are a fool. I'm sure everyone else thinks "your" a genius, FAKER.
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robertita (just for you, OCD/ADHD/SASD boy!)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11876 Sep 25, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
For meaningless repetition, NOBODY can beat you.
Re -....God made anyone a homosexual..
Perhaps you should consider John 13:23 - Now there was leaning on JesusÂ’ bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
In this verse the bible very clearly tells the readers that Jesus had a male lover.
Nothing in science or medicine suggests that homosexuality is a choice.
Very clear? I am not so sure about that. What if a child leans his head to his fathers bosom, does that mean that they are in a sexual relationship for sure?

Location hidden

#11877 Sep 25, 2012
To dman and Robsan5; What do you get out of your quarrelling? Does it give you peace, joy, happiness? If not, how can you get it? My best
Denny

UK

#11878 Sep 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying I should have "Pride in bad achievements"?!?
Not at all. I was sayng thst if pride can be felt for past achievementd, then so can shame for sins of the past.

Without that, then there would have been no need for Britain to apologise for its involvement in the slave trade. And apologise it did, even though Britain also did much to end that same evil trade.

National pride? Yes, I still have it, though I do understand that outsiders are unlikely to see or comprehend it.

I have spent time in many countries, from Germany, to the middle east to the far east. There is no country in which I'd rather live than the UK.

Yes, we do have many, many immigrants. There are so very many other people who also want to live here - many of whom would also like to become naturalised Brits. Should YOU decide to come, you will also be welcomed.
dman

Aurora, CO

#11879 Sep 25, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
To dman and Robsan5; What do you get out of your quarrelling? Does it give you peace, joy, happiness? If not, how can you get it? My best
Well LOOSEsand is a pathetic waste.... PERIOD...:) A quarrell is a debate or arguement with someone worthy... Weaksand is anything but that... Besides it funny to watch it react...
dman

Aurora, CO

#11880 Sep 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am all 11,482 posters who think you are a fool. I'm sure everyone else thinks "your" a genius, FAKER.
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
And anyone real with any kind of guts or integrity KNOWS your and empty box....:) P&S.....
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#11881 Sep 25, 2012
Denny wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I was sayng thst if pride can be felt for past achievementd, then so can shame for sins of the past.
Without that, then there would have been no need for Britain to apologise for its involvement in the slave trade. And apologise it did, even though Britain also did much to end that same evil trade.
National pride? Yes, I still have it, though I do understand that outsiders are unlikely to see or comprehend it.
I have spent time in many countries, from Germany, to the middle east to the far east. There is no country in which I'd rather live than the UK.
Yes, we do have many, many immigrants. There are so very many other people who also want to live here - many of whom would also like to become naturalised Brits. Should YOU decide to come, you will also be welcomed.
Thanks but no thanks. You guys have too many weird food dishes over there.

Robert

Location hidden

#11882 Sep 25, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Well LOOSEsand is a pathetic waste.... PERIOD...:) A quarrell is a debate or arguement with someone worthy... Weaksand is anything but that... Besides it funny to watch it react...
Who and what is LOOSEsand and Weaksand?
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#11883 Sep 25, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> And anyone real with any kind of guts or integrity KNOWS your and empty box....:) P&S.....
"...Knows your and empty box"?!?
When you figure out what you just wrote, could you let the rest of us know?
No wonder "your" repeating the eighth grade at Thomas Edison Junior High school.

Oh so Weak. Oh so Lame. Oh so very Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

dman

Aurora, CO

#11884 Sep 25, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who and what is LOOSEsand and Weaksand?
Ask the hershey king weaksand...(lol)
dman

Aurora, CO

#11885 Sep 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Knows your and empty box"?!?
When you figure out what you just wrote, could you let the rest of us know?
No wonder "your" repeating the eighth grade at Thomas Edison Junior High school.
Oh so Weak. Oh so Lame. Oh so very Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Empty boxes like you are just that EMPTY.... Thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk... alzheimer boy.......... Sound out the thought..... then processssssssssssssssssssss Then...... react.......... Im repeating 1st grade actually.... Get it right PAB..... I mean really... Your the all knowing H.B.....:)
dman

Aurora, CO

#11886 Sep 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but no thanks. You guys have too many weird food dishes over there.
Robert
Like your favorite:Rocky mountain oysters..... Eat what you have never had.....(lol).....
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#11887 Sep 25, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Empty boxes like you are just that EMPTY.... Thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk... alzheimer boy.......... Sound out the thought..... then processssssssssssssssssssss Then...... react.......... Im repeating 1st grade actually.... Get it right PAB..... I mean really... Your the all knowing H.B.....:)
Ahh, first grade class. Best three years of "your" life, am I right?
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Stupid.

dman

Aurora, CO

#11888 Sep 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, first grade class. Best three years of "your" life, am I right?
Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Stupid.
Yep and talking sh&t to a loosesand PAB like you.... Actually fun... Im sorry in your grade school years you were gutted.....:) No doubt you had no milk money.....(lol).........
Doug

Manito, IL

#11889 Sep 25, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
For meaningless repetition, NOBODY can beat you.
Re -....God made anyone a homosexual..
Perhaps you should consider John 13:23 - Now there was leaning on JesusÂ’ bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
In this verse the bible very clearly tells the readers that Jesus had a male lover.
Nothing in science or medicine suggests that homosexuality is a choice.
Your filthy misrepresentation of John 13:23 has no basis in reality.

You should really go back for that GED and then take a psych course. Human sexuality is developmental in nature and not immutable. You were *NOT* born a homosexual! It is your choice whether or not to engage in the unspeakable God-forbidden acts that alone identify and define homosexuality.

Do you need to see a standard definition of homosexual yet again????
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#11890 Sep 25, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Like your favorite:Rocky mountain oysters..... Eat what you have never had.....(lol).....
Three more posts in a row. The OCD Boy strikes again.
Still Weak. Still Lame. Still Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Andrew

Manito, IL

#11892 Sep 25, 2012
What? One in ten posts on this thread actually have anything to do with the thread topic, the Bible's many irrefutable commands against all homosexual behavior?

Here's a reality check:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#11894 Sep 25, 2012
Andrew wrote:
What? One in ten posts on this thread actually have anything to do with the thread topic, the Bible's many irrefutable commands against all homosexual behavior?
Here's a reality check:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Well,..... LOL!!!....

That actually is NOT what the thread topic is about.

The Thread Topic is about how scripture SHOULD be understood to be the exact opposite of the view you have promulgated in these very limited verses.
Andrew

Manito, IL

#11895 Sep 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,..... LOL!!!....
That actually is NOT what the thread topic is about.
The Thread Topic is about how scripture SHOULD be understood to be the exact opposite of the view you have promulgated in these very limited verses.
As an anti-Christian bigot, you really don't have a say here, and you have failed to demonstrate just how these decisive verses are 'limited.'

You are a bigot and a fool.
NDE

Douglasville, GA

#11897 Sep 25, 2012
Bichic29 wrote:
I just love it when people who clearly aren't getting any try to tell you that your wrong because you are. Jelousy is a ugly thing my friends... Go find your own partner and stay out of my bedroom thanks.
You scissor a woman because no man would lay you.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 11 min pcloadletter 2,329
News Australian Christian Lobby likens gay marriage ... 18 min Rosa_Winkel 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 22 min Rosa_Winkel 12,028
News Gay marriage victory at Supreme Court triggerin... 1 hr Sons Of Destruction 22
News 'Gay sex causes earthquakes' says conservative ... 1 hr Belles Echoes 43
News U.S. court denies motion to reconsider transgen... 2 hr Rainbow Delight 1
News Maroon 5 scrap North Carolina shows 2 hr Jose 29
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Terra Firma 36,421
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 5 hr An NFL Fan 1,129
More from around the web