Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36056 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Max

Pekin, IL

#10571 Aug 6, 2012
JusHavinFunInAZ wrote:
<quoted text>
@Max - "many" - not really, sorry. Plus, Jesus was completely mum on the subject. The references in Leviticus were for hygienic reasons as was the Old Code. Paul referenced it in regards to Pagan rituals and pederasty. Honestly, same-sex attraction/love is never directly addressed. I don't follow an ambiguous Christ.
You are repeating ridiculous lies on all counts.

Try actually reading the book instead of plagiarizing ridiculous lies from radical homosexual hate sites!
Max

Pekin, IL

#10572 Aug 6, 2012
Mister Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions of the Bible are irrelevant.
It is the Bible itself that condemns you, Mister Ford, not me.

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, CA.

#10573 Aug 6, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we know that you hate yourself and the horrible perversion that has ruined your life and left you separated from God. Endlessly hurling your lifestyle as an insult only emphasizes that face.
As for the thread topic, it is the Bible's many irrefutable condemnations of homosexual behavior:
LMAO!!.. refute yer ass!.... another canned post..!! yeah yeah yeah

Hollywood, CA.

#10574 Aug 6, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you post here at all, troll?
You have no real interest in the topic. You lied when you agreed to terms of service promising to stay on topic.
You dopes can't make a post on topic, can you?
The topic here is the Bible's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior, found in both Testaments in the plainest of terms.
canned.... see cant answer it willy!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10575 Aug 6, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>It is the Bible itself that condemns you, Mister Ford, not me.
Whatever David. Your worthless opinions are of no interest too me.

You are obviously a nasty little man with no soul.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#10576 Aug 6, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Wastey.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10577 Aug 6, 2012
Max wrote:
The Bible is a book and a tautology which refutes itself.

You use the book to condemn others David. According to your book, your behavior is sinful. Therefore you condemn yourself.

See how it works?

Hollywood, CA.

#10578 Aug 6, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
or brain.
ELH

Portland, OR

#10579 Aug 6, 2012
Max wrote:

Just to be clear so I understand what we are dealing with here....

You post this cut and past crap and when people take the time and effort to explain to you that your perception of the bible, especially the "old Testament" is at about the secound grade level and that your conclusions are WRONG.

You IGNORE any information posted that doesn't fit with your elementary school level understanding of the bible and re-post the same tire old spam AGAIN this time using a DIFFERENT NAME...

Then you post this cut and past crap and when people take the time and effort to explain to you that your perception of the bible, especially the "old Testament" is at about the secound grade level and that your conclusions are WRONG.

And again you IGNORE any information posted that doesn't fit with your elementary school level understanding of the bible and re-post the same tire old spam AGAIN this time using a DIFFERENT NAME...

Then you post this cut and past crap and when people take the time and effort to explain to you that your perception of the bible, especially the "old Testament" is at about the secound grade level and that your conclusions are WRONG.

And again you IGNORE any information posted that doesn't fit with your elementary school level understanding of the bible and re-post the same tire old spam AGAIN this time using a DIFFERENT NAME...

Is that about right?

PS: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is a sign of insanity. Get help now.
Sam

Pekin, IL

#10580 Aug 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear so I understand what we are dealing with here....
You post this cut and past crap and when people take the time and effort to explain to you that your perception of the bible, especially the "old Testament" is at about the secound grade level and that your conclusions are WRONG.
You IGNORE any information posted that doesn't fit with your elementary school level understanding of the bible and re-post the same tire old spam AGAIN this time using a DIFFERENT NAME...
All you can do is hate the truth. You cannot cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's MANY condemnations and prohibitions of all homosexual behavior.

You can call names, but you can make no logical case for your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause.

Face reality, the Bible will always condemn and prohibit all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms, no matter how much you hate it and hate those who accept what the Bible says. It stands forever.

Hollywood, CA.

#10582 Aug 7, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>All you can do is hate the truth. You cannot cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's MANY condemnations and prohibitions of all homosexual behavior.
You can call names, but you can make no logical case for your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause.
Face reality, the Bible will always condemn and prohibit all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms, no matter how much you hate it and hate those who accept what the Bible says. It stands forever.
cut paste cut paste cut paste

NUT!!!
Sam

Pekin, IL

#10585 Aug 7, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
cut paste cut paste cut paste
NUT!!!
So you really think that reality goes away if you call people names and ignore what the Bible says and choose to live in open rebellion against God? If that was working for you, you wouldn't be here 24/7 posting hate and calling people names, while trying to dismiss your lifestyle choice as something you were 'born' with. Are you really claiming that you are less than human and cannot choose whether or not to engage in the God-forbidden, unspeakable acts that alone define and identify homosexuals?

Remember, you have failed to cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or major Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many commands and prohibitions against your homosexual lifestyle choice.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10586 Aug 7, 2012
Peking Man again wrote:
<quoted text> Bullsh-1-t removed
CHRISTIANS when the subject is science – Evolution? The Big Bang? Global Warming? Born Homosexual? These are all just theories and I need loads more evidence and proof.

CHRISTIANS when the subject is Christianity – Proof? There is no need for proof. That's why it's called faith. No evidence or proof is needed.
Sam

Pekin, IL

#10587 Aug 7, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRISTIANS when the subject is science – Evolution? The Big Bang? Global Warming? Born Homosexual? These are all just theories and I need loads more evidence and proof.
CHRISTIANS when the subject is Christianity – Proof? There is no need for proof. That's why it's called faith. No evidence or proof is needed.
There is proof. You just haven't experienced it.

If you read and study God's Word, pray, and reform your life to its precepts, He promises to reveal truth to you. The Holy Ghost is unmistakable and undeniable, but will not dwell in an unclean tabernacle.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10588 Aug 7, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>There is proof. You just haven't experienced it.
If you read and study God's Word, pray, and reform your life to its precepts, He promises to reveal truth to you. The Holy Ghost is unmistakable and undeniable, but will not dwell in an unclean tabernacle.
I live life by one commandment only - by not doing to others what I don't want done to me and I think I do OK that way. I must also admit that I am sometimes tempted to do it to someone first, before he does it to me!

Re - God's Word....
As taught by some money hungry individual sitting in Jerusalem, Rome, Mecca, Canterbury or Clearwater?

No thanks. Whatever God's Word is, it certainly cannot be found in their user-manual.
GetReal

United States

#10589 Aug 7, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
I live life by one commandment only - by not doing to others what I don't want done to me and I think I do OK that way. I must also admit that I am sometimes tempted to do it to someone first, before he does it to me!
Re - God's Word....
As taught by some money hungry individual sitting in Jerusalem, Rome, Mecca, Canterbury or Clearwater?
No thanks. Whatever God's Word is, it certainly cannot be found in their user-manual.
More Pro-Gay Blithering From The HomoFascist Left.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10590 Aug 7, 2012
Hi Ivorydick, I warn you about the guy from Atlanta. He (I assume it is he.) is really poisonous in my experience; His behaviour is terrible in here as far as I experience it. I am done with him until he eventually says sorry/ repents.

I am not talking about his opinion. That's another thing.

Location hidden

#10591 Aug 7, 2012
Ivorydick: As far as I can see: I am not sure if there is only one guy from Atlanta; If there is, I find it problematic that he changes names all the time, or? Isn't it more fair to have one name and stand for it?

The same with the one from Pekin?
MODULATOR

United States

#10592 Aug 7, 2012
***This space reserved for: ATLANTA ***

Location hidden

#10593 Aug 7, 2012
MODULATOR wrote:
***This space reserved for: ATLANTA ***
Not for Atlanta:

I just register that this person comes with something. What do you think guys?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 57 min NEMO 60,795
Does NE Jade Spit or Swallow? 1 hr RONE 1
News Florida's Top Ten Gay Beaches (Jan '14) 1 hr I love jesus 26
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 27,981
News As acceptance grows, gay China wants rights 3 hr Aspirin Between M... 2
News First gay Navy Spouse of the Year and husband a... 4 hr EdmondWA 15
do you remember your first gay experience?? (Apr '11) 4 hr nutzbust 10
News 'Roseanne' Star Recalls Fight to Air Controvers... Fri Frankie Rizzo 103