Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 29,758

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9403 Jun 20, 2012
To everybody except Manito: I see that this man is continously attacking, not showing respect, not respecting boundaries, continously attacking me, contacting me, writing to me.
I think I can not controll his behaviour, but I guess it is possible to control what I do.
Israel might not be able to control the attackers, but they might be able to protect themselves, to build a safe place, to put up boundaries and defense? To make a safe place?
The same in here. It might not be possible to change or stop the attacks, but it might be possible to handle it in a way?
But how? How should it be handled in a perfect way?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9404 Jun 20, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
To everybody except Manito: I don't want to communicate with Manito when he doesn't communicate but dictate. Then I just drop it, but he still attacks, and doesn't respect that?
What do you think guys?
The police should just throw him out if this was in a public place?
I think somebody or someone should have the power to protect?:)
Dictate, indeed. Very arrogant and rude.

Location hidden

#9405 Jun 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictate, indeed. Very arrogant and rude.
Not talking to Manito: Yes guys, I want to talk with you guys and look for solutions. I think there is nothing I can do to change Manito. He can only change himself if and when he wants.

The only thing I can do is change me; So how to be 100 % protected?

I.e., he is continously attacking, i.e. maybe he will answer this one also, violating my boundaries continously.

This is war? Or the same principles as war? Dialogue is not possible, then there is power? Where to get the power to be protected? How to handle this?

Israel is also continously attacked?

Location hidden

#9406 Jun 20, 2012
To everyone except Manito: Those who attack and violate boundaries, not respecting boundaries, not taking a "no for a no" are the bullying people? Those are the guys who have problems?

Those who kill others are the one who has problems, not the one who are attacked? I.e. Kain killed Abel; Kain was the one had problems, not Abel?

So what should Abel do? He got killed? What should Jesus do? He got killed?

How to handle those continous attacks?

Location hidden

#9407 Jun 20, 2012
To everyone except Manito: As far as I can see, there is no better solutions than confronting him more and more; Everyone, but that might be done long time ago.

If that is done, I can see only one solution, and that is to get him excluded? Is it possible? Is the power there?

If not, I might need to take responsibility and leave this thread?

Maybe all of us can go to another thread, start another thread?

I have no problems with different opinions. That's not the problem.

A debate and dialogue might have some life in it, some progres. If not there might not be a debate, dialogue, then there is war?

That's another thing, isn't it?

It's okay to have a claim, but that can be said once, not thousand times?
Derek

Lacon, IL

#9408 Jun 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is. Just ignore him.
Ignoring the truth is really your only option, since there is no logical argument about the proven FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior.

A homosexual lifestyle choice is indeed open rebellion against God.

Location hidden

#9409 Jun 20, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
To everyone except Manito: As far as I can see, there is no better solutions than confronting him more and more; Everyone, but that might be done long time ago.
If that is done, I can see only one solution, and that is to get him excluded? Is it possible? Is the power there?
If not, I might need to take responsibility and leave this thread?
Maybe all of us can go to another thread, start another thread?
I have no problems with different opinions. That's not the problem.
A debate and dialogue might have some life in it, some progres. If not there might not be a debate, dialogue, then there is war?
That's another thing, isn't it?
It's okay to have a claim, but that can be said once, not thousand times?
The mentally unstable always violate personal boundaries.

Location hidden

#9410 Jun 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Join Free

Location hidden

#9411 Jun 20, 2012
To everyone except Manito; I want to say to everybody; I have no problems with him having his opinion. That's not problematic at all.

What is problematic is the continous attacks without any excuses. He should ask for forgiveness as far as I can see for continously attacking me.

If he doesn't that we are in different universes, I think, and we shouldn't have too much contact, I think..

To debate, I think there should be some safe environment? How to create that environment? Is it possible to get Manito excluded in any way?

According to Galatians 5,22 the fruits of the Spirit are peace, love, joy, not continously attacking boundaries?:)

I think I can absolutely not change him. I am powerless in that regard, but there might be some possibilities when it comes to handle attacks?

What do you think guys?

My best to everybody ;)

Location hidden

#9412 Jun 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good with some support :)

Location hidden

#9413 Jun 20, 2012
To everybody except Manito: Maybe this could be another subject? How to make safe debate Forums? How to create rules and handle them?

Where to get the power?

If there are safe and respectful rules/ environments there might be possible to discuss, dialogue and develop, but I guess it is not possible to "work" when being continously attacked?

Location hidden

#9414 Jun 20, 2012
So, protection, protection, protection, protection might be important?

If I want to improve and develop I might need a safe and good environment?

And then the challenge/ job might be to create that?

Location hidden

#9415 Jun 20, 2012
To everyone except Manito:

When it comes to communication; Isn't it fair to have one open name? Why does Manito change name all the time?

Location hidden

#9416 Jun 20, 2012
To everyone except Manito: Another thing I am not so sure if I like with this system is the judging-system. Isn't it better to have an open judging system?

So that people have to be responsible for their judging instead of hiding behind the judging? So if someone are being judged, they can ask more specific what people didn't like eventually why they judged in that way and so on?

What did they find funny and so on eventually?

Location hidden

#9417 Jun 20, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
To everyone except Manito: Another thing I am not so sure if I like with this system is the judging-system. Isn't it better to have an open judging system?
So that people have to be responsible for their judging instead of hiding behind the judging? So if someone are being judged, they can ask more specific what people didn't like eventually why they judged in that way and so on?
What did they find funny and so on eventually?
What are you talking about? The troll buttons? ;0)
Derek

Lacon, IL

#9418 Jun 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? The troll buttons? ;0)
Now you're talking to someone on your own level.

Still haven't found even one Bible translation that questions God's many commands against all homosexual behavior I see.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#9419 Jun 20, 2012
Derek wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're talking to someone on your own level.
Still haven't found even one Bible translation that questions God's many commands against all homosexual behavior I see.
Still haven't found even one quote from the Word of God condemning homosexuality, I see.
Derej

Lacon, IL

#9420 Jun 20, 2012
TheVeryUnRevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Still haven't found even one quote from the Word of God condemning homosexuality, I see.
Your failure to face reality just make you and your horrible anti-Christian homofascist cause look pathetic:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

An ARTICLE OF RELIGION of the church you claim to be part of, but which does not recognize you:

Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation: so that whatsoever is not read
therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be
believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#9421 Jun 20, 2012
Derej wrote:
<quoted text>Your failure to face reality just make you and your horrible anti-Christian homofascist cause look pathetic:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
An ARTICLE OF RELIGION of the church you claim to be part of, but which does not recognize you:
Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation: so that whatsoever is not read
therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be
believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
Yes. Article 6.

But, why don't you post article 7, too?

Afraid that it may give too much latitude to the body of believers? Article 7 does not bind the Episcopalian to the Levitical Code. In fact, it acknowledges the release from the tenets of the Levitical Code, instead calling the Commandments "moral" in obligation.

You are full of manure, Mr. Manito Manurehead. You have lost any credibility that you may have had and now, after so many repetitions of your homophobic mantras, are reduced to no more than a carnival side show barker.

Ah, well... That's just the breaks and you have to live with them since you are the authority on functional obsolescence within scripture.

Thank God for the Truth delivered by the Holy Spirit.

Rev. Ken
this old dude

Los Angeles, CA

#9422 Jun 20, 2012
What does it all mean???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min In Your Opinion 15,471
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 10 min WeTheSheeple 1,072
Rev. Alan's and Frankies life is not Fair thread 11 min Poof1 1
What Does NE Jade Plan to do Today 22 min Willard 1
US new home sales fall slightly in January 29 min Jesus Latter Day ... 7
Gay Place BBM Group (Jan '12) 31 min Swallower 119
Transgender Bruce Jenner will be lesbian after ... 39 min TomInElPaso 104
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr GayleWood 57,811
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 16 hr Delbert 3,214
More from around the web