Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 29,655

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#27270 Aug 3, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Where did you come from?
My point was how AIDS got here and how did it spread.
It had nothing to do with monkeys and everything to do with the unrestrained sexual behavior of homosexuals, resulting in an epidemic in the Gay community.
No, Joe, the point is that you are a luddite who has identified that anal sex runs an increased incidence of the risk of spreading AIDS. Although you may be bigoted against homosexuals, AIDS is an STD, which affects both heterosexuals and homosexuals.

When you make an argument like this, you expose what an ugly, bigoted, hateful person you really are. Clearly, you are not the good Christian that you claim to be.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#27271 Aug 3, 2014
lides wrote:
Although you may be bigoted against homosexuals, AIDS is an STD, which affects both heterosexuals and homosexuals.
Do you know why? I know, you hate questions that show your idiocy for what it is.
The answer is bisexuals. You see, these people, particularly males, have sex with infected gay men and then pass it to straight women. Reminds me of an old an old shampoo commercial.

Substitute the word 'infect' for the word 'tell.'

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27272 Aug 3, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you come from?
My point was how AIDS got here and how did it spread.
It had nothing to do with monkeys and everything to do with the unrestrained sexual behavior of homosexuals, resulting in an epidemic in the Gay community.
Moronic reply dismissed.

NEXT

Location hidden

#27273 Aug 3, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Joe, the point is that you are a luddite who has identified that anal sex runs an increased incidence of the risk of spreading AIDS. Although you may be bigoted against homosexuals, AIDS is an STD, which affects both heterosexuals and homosexuals.
When you make an argument like this, you expose what an ugly, bigoted, hateful person you really are. Clearly, you are not the good Christian that you claim to be.
Of course.
help

Chicago, IL

#27274 Aug 3, 2014
The Bible states men,....the Bible does not say anything about women.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27275 Aug 4, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Joe, the point is that you are a luddite ...
No, the point is that GLBTs quickly resort to stoning the messenger whenever inconvenient truths about themselves and their movement can't be countered with a rational response.

And what about all the other "luddites" at the CDC who reported that the intro of AIDS into the US was through the gay community, or the luddites who determined that Gays are less than 2 percent of the population?

Do you have enough stones to throw at all these targets?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27276 Aug 4, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
... reply dismissed.
The same way Gays initially dismissed warnings about "bathhouse" behavior from the CDC and other health officials, resulting in the deaths of promiscuous homosexuals from Rhode Island to Cali?

Moronic indeed.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#27277 Aug 4, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
No, the point is that GLBTs quickly resort to stoning the messenger whenever inconvenient truths about themselves and their movement can't be countered with a rational response.
And what about all the other "luddites" at the CDC who reported that the intro of AIDS into the US was through the gay community, or the luddites who determined that Gays are less than 2 percent of the population?
Joe, the truth of the matter is that you are judgmental, which is not a Christian value, and your inconvenient truths are utterly irrelevant.

Clearly you hate homosexuals, you hate freedom, and you hate free will.

The only inconvenient truth here is that you are a hypocrite.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#27278 Aug 4, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, the truth of the matter is that you are judgmental,
BWAHAHAHAHA! Priceless!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#27279 Aug 4, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an ignorant ass about this!

Was it a "gay" man in Africa that introduced this virus to another, making HIV a "gay-only" viral disease?

Or was the first victim a hemophiliac?

You don't know.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27281 Aug 5, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, the truth of the matter is that ...
... you are in denial about how AIDs was intro'd into North America.
RevKen wrote:
... Was it a "gay" man in Africa that introduced this virus to another, making HIV a "gay-only" viral disease?
Or was the first victim a hemophiliac?
You don't know.
The CDC knows it was a gay Air Canada flight attendant and I know you're in denial about it.

Location hidden

#27282 Aug 5, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The CDC knows it was a gay Air Canada flight attendant and I know you're in denial about it.
If you actually knew anything about epidemics, you would know that the victim is blamed while nothing is done during the early outbreaks.

Here are the facts.

1. HIV originated in Africa.

2. HIV was largely ignored by United States authorities.

3. HIV was ignored because it was falsely labeled a gay disease.

4. HIV spread because of ignorance.

When are you going to learn something you ignorant old wind bag?
Horndawg

New York, NY

#27283 Aug 5, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How about all the heterosexual Haitians that got aids?
ReverendDave

New York, NY

#27284 Aug 5, 2014
I know that my God does not make mistakes, and loves everyone. If 2 people fall in love and want to be married and have sexual relationships, so be it. I doubt god seriously has an issue with that.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#27285 Aug 5, 2014
ReverendDave wrote:
I know that my God does not make mistakes, and loves everyone. If 2 people fall in love and want to be married and have sexual relationships, so be it. I doubt god seriously has an issue with that.
I'm with you on that,God is fully
aware of Gays,since they are
part of his people,my belief,
my opinion!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27286 Aug 6, 2014
Horndawg wrote:
<quoted text>
How about all the heterosexual Haitians that got aids?
What would they have to do with the Gay Air Canada flight attendant that the CDC claims first introduced AIDS into North America?
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually knew anything about epidemics, you would know that the victim is blamed while nothing is done ...
But "nothing" was the only recourse as the recommended "treatment" for what was later called AIDS was abstinence, but that didn't appeal to promiscuous homosexuals.

When it first appeared in the 80s, medical personnel informally referred to HiV infections as Wrath of God (WoG) for its exclusive appearance in male homosexuals.
Hornydawg

New York, NY

#27287 Aug 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
What would they have to do with the Gay Air Canada flight attendant that the CDC claims first introduced AIDS into North America?
<quoted text>
But "nothing" was the only recourse as the recommended "treatment" for what was later called AIDS was abstinence, but that didn't appeal to promiscuous homosexuals.
When it first appeared in the 80s, medical personnel informally referred to HiV infections as Wrath of God (WoG) for its exclusive appearance in male homosexuals.
Hereís the problem with your argument. HIV is an equal opportunity disease. It is not exclusively gay related, and in fact in Africa there are far more heterosexuals with HIV than homosexuals. Like all STDs, it strikes all promiscuous interlopers. It most likely mutated into a heterosexual first, as there are far more heterosexuals in Africa than homosexuals. Your condemnation should be against promiscuity, not homosexuality. That is a sin in your Godís eyes. If 2 gay people have a loving monogamous relationship, they are at no risk of getting a STD.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#27288 Aug 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You MUST not do any research regarding this issue, because if you had....you'd have know that your claim has been debunked. From an article I found this morning:
We will surely never know who or how, but we can speculate. There was a great deal of conjecture in the late 1980's about Patient Zero, identified as Gaetan Dugas - a Canadian flight attendant who purportedly knowingly infected as many as 250 men a year on both sides of the Atlantic - said to have singlehandedly started the epidemic, but most of this is now largely discredited.
http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/qu...

From another article:
Frozen tissue and serum samples were available for one of these possible early AIDS cases, a 15-year-old black male from St. Louis who was hospitalized in 1968 and died of an aggressive, disseminated KS.(13) His tissue and serum specimens were HIV-antibody positive on Western blot and antigen-positive on ELISA. This appears to be the first confirmed case of HIV infection in the United States. The patient had no history of travel out of the country, so it is likely that some other persons in the United States were infected with HIV as long ago as the 1960s, if not earlier.
http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite...

The virus has been in this Country for a rather long time, but wasn't officially given the name HIV/AIDS until the early 80's. HIV/AIDS is a WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC that DOESN'T see or care about one's sexual orientation because outside of the U.S. HIV/AIDS affects more heterosexuals than Gay men!!!!

Location hidden

#27289 Aug 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Stop cherry picking Randy Shilts book and read the whole thing jackass.

STDs are transmitted by unprotected sex douche-bag.

NEXT

Location hidden

#27290 Aug 6, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You MUST not do any research regarding this issue, because if you had....you'd have know that your claim has been debunked. From an article I found this morning:
We will surely never know who or how, but we can speculate. There was a great deal of conjecture in the late 1980's about Patient Zero, identified as Gaetan Dugas - a Canadian flight attendant who purportedly knowingly infected as many as 250 men a year on both sides of the Atlantic - said to have singlehandedly started the epidemic, but most of this is now largely discredited.
http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/qu...
From another article:
Frozen tissue and serum samples were available for one of these possible early AIDS cases, a 15-year-old black male from St. Louis who was hospitalized in 1968 and died of an aggressive, disseminated KS.(13) His tissue and serum specimens were HIV-antibody positive on Western blot and antigen-positive on ELISA. This appears to be the first confirmed case of HIV infection in the United States. The patient had no history of travel out of the country, so it is likely that some other persons in the United States were infected with HIV as long ago as the 1960s, if not earlier.
http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite...
The virus has been in this Country for a rather long time, but wasn't officially given the name HIV/AIDS until the early 80's. HIV/AIDS is a WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC that DOESN'T see or care about one's sexual orientation because outside of the U.S. HIV/AIDS affects more heterosexuals than Gay men!!!!
Exactly. Typical behavior when epidemics start blames the victims until the epidemic reaches epidemic proportions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman arrested as gay couple gets Alabama marri... 1 min DNF 22
Officer in gay pride parade incident speaks out 9 min DNF 31
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? (Jul '14) 13 min DNF 3,247
'I don't like mens no more' viral sensation: I ... 21 min DNF 14
Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 22 min DNF 163
Anti-gay hotel owners refuse to host another sa... 27 min DNF 5
Couple who met as women five years ago set to m... 31 min SusieQD 17
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 43 min DNF 948
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 47 min DNF 57,732
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 14,968
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 2 hr DNF 3,238
More from around the web