Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34572 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27281 Aug 5, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, the truth of the matter is that ...
... you are in denial about how AIDs was intro'd into North America.
RevKen wrote:
... Was it a "gay" man in Africa that introduced this virus to another, making HIV a "gay-only" viral disease?
Or was the first victim a hemophiliac?
You don't know.
The CDC knows it was a gay Air Canada flight attendant and I know you're in denial about it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27282 Aug 5, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The CDC knows it was a gay Air Canada flight attendant and I know you're in denial about it.
If you actually knew anything about epidemics, you would know that the victim is blamed while nothing is done during the early outbreaks.

Here are the facts.

1. HIV originated in Africa.

2. HIV was largely ignored by United States authorities.

3. HIV was ignored because it was falsely labeled a gay disease.

4. HIV spread because of ignorance.

When are you going to learn something you ignorant old wind bag?
Horndawg

New York, NY

#27283 Aug 5, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How about all the heterosexual Haitians that got aids?
ReverendDave

New York, NY

#27284 Aug 5, 2014
I know that my God does not make mistakes, and loves everyone. If 2 people fall in love and want to be married and have sexual relationships, so be it. I doubt god seriously has an issue with that.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#27285 Aug 5, 2014
ReverendDave wrote:
I know that my God does not make mistakes, and loves everyone. If 2 people fall in love and want to be married and have sexual relationships, so be it. I doubt god seriously has an issue with that.
I'm with you on that,God is fully
aware of Gays,since they are
part of his people,my belief,
my opinion!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27286 Aug 6, 2014
Horndawg wrote:
<quoted text>
How about all the heterosexual Haitians that got aids?
What would they have to do with the Gay Air Canada flight attendant that the CDC claims first introduced AIDS into North America?
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually knew anything about epidemics, you would know that the victim is blamed while nothing is done ...
But "nothing" was the only recourse as the recommended "treatment" for what was later called AIDS was abstinence, but that didn't appeal to promiscuous homosexuals.

When it first appeared in the 80s, medical personnel informally referred to HiV infections as Wrath of God (WoG) for its exclusive appearance in male homosexuals.
Hornydawg

New York, NY

#27287 Aug 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
What would they have to do with the Gay Air Canada flight attendant that the CDC claims first introduced AIDS into North America?
<quoted text>
But "nothing" was the only recourse as the recommended "treatment" for what was later called AIDS was abstinence, but that didn't appeal to promiscuous homosexuals.
When it first appeared in the 80s, medical personnel informally referred to HiV infections as Wrath of God (WoG) for its exclusive appearance in male homosexuals.
Here’s the problem with your argument. HIV is an equal opportunity disease. It is not exclusively gay related, and in fact in Africa there are far more heterosexuals with HIV than homosexuals. Like all STDs, it strikes all promiscuous interlopers. It most likely mutated into a heterosexual first, as there are far more heterosexuals in Africa than homosexuals. Your condemnation should be against promiscuity, not homosexuality. That is a sin in your God’s eyes. If 2 gay people have a loving monogamous relationship, they are at no risk of getting a STD.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#27288 Aug 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You MUST not do any research regarding this issue, because if you had....you'd have know that your claim has been debunked. From an article I found this morning:
We will surely never know who or how, but we can speculate. There was a great deal of conjecture in the late 1980's about Patient Zero, identified as Gaetan Dugas - a Canadian flight attendant who purportedly knowingly infected as many as 250 men a year on both sides of the Atlantic - said to have singlehandedly started the epidemic, but most of this is now largely discredited.
http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/qu...

From another article:
Frozen tissue and serum samples were available for one of these possible early AIDS cases, a 15-year-old black male from St. Louis who was hospitalized in 1968 and died of an aggressive, disseminated KS.(13) His tissue and serum specimens were HIV-antibody positive on Western blot and antigen-positive on ELISA. This appears to be the first confirmed case of HIV infection in the United States. The patient had no history of travel out of the country, so it is likely that some other persons in the United States were infected with HIV as long ago as the 1960s, if not earlier.
http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite...

The virus has been in this Country for a rather long time, but wasn't officially given the name HIV/AIDS until the early 80's. HIV/AIDS is a WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC that DOESN'T see or care about one's sexual orientation because outside of the U.S. HIV/AIDS affects more heterosexuals than Gay men!!!!

Location hidden

#27289 Aug 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Stop cherry picking Randy Shilts book and read the whole thing jackass.

STDs are transmitted by unprotected sex douche-bag.

NEXT

Location hidden

#27290 Aug 6, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You MUST not do any research regarding this issue, because if you had....you'd have know that your claim has been debunked. From an article I found this morning:
We will surely never know who or how, but we can speculate. There was a great deal of conjecture in the late 1980's about Patient Zero, identified as Gaetan Dugas - a Canadian flight attendant who purportedly knowingly infected as many as 250 men a year on both sides of the Atlantic - said to have singlehandedly started the epidemic, but most of this is now largely discredited.
http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/qu...
From another article:
Frozen tissue and serum samples were available for one of these possible early AIDS cases, a 15-year-old black male from St. Louis who was hospitalized in 1968 and died of an aggressive, disseminated KS.(13) His tissue and serum specimens were HIV-antibody positive on Western blot and antigen-positive on ELISA. This appears to be the first confirmed case of HIV infection in the United States. The patient had no history of travel out of the country, so it is likely that some other persons in the United States were infected with HIV as long ago as the 1960s, if not earlier.
http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite...
The virus has been in this Country for a rather long time, but wasn't officially given the name HIV/AIDS until the early 80's. HIV/AIDS is a WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC that DOESN'T see or care about one's sexual orientation because outside of the U.S. HIV/AIDS affects more heterosexuals than Gay men!!!!
Exactly. Typical behavior when epidemics start blames the victims until the epidemic reaches epidemic proportions.

Location hidden

#27291 Aug 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wrath of God is superstitious BS old man.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27292 Aug 7, 2014
Hornydawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Here’s the problem with your argument ...
It's not MY argument -- the Centers for Disease Control reported that AIDS was introduced into North America by a gay Air Canada flight attendant despite all the protests by gays and pro-gay websites.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27293 Aug 7, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop cherry picking Randy Shilts book ...STDs are transmitted by unprotected sex ...
Einstein, what is the one demographic in the US that still practices "unprotected sex" today?

Just ask the CDC.

Unprotected Sex On the Rise Among U.S. Gay Men, CDC Says

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 27, 2013 (HealthDay News)-- The number of gay and bisexual men in the United States who said they had unprotected anal sex at least once in the past year jumped from 48 percent in 2005 to 57 percent in 2011, a new study finds.

The researchers, from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said this increase is cause for concern due to the high risk of being infected with HIV while having unprotected anal sex.

HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. Gay and bisexual men account for almost two-thirds of new infections, as well as half of all people in the United States who are currently living with HIV, the CDC said. There's also been a steady rise in new infections in recent years, concentrated mainly among young men ...

http://consumer.healthday.com/aids-informatio...

Location hidden

#27294 Aug 7, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein, what is the one demographic in the US that still practices "unprotected sex" today?
Just ask the CDC.
Unprotected Sex On the Rise Among U.S. Gay Men, CDC Says
WEDNESDAY, Nov. 27, 2013 (HealthDay News)-- The number of gay and bisexual men in the United States who said they had unprotected anal sex at least once in the past year jumped from 48 percent in 2005 to 57 percent in 2011, a new study finds.
The researchers, from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said this increase is cause for concern due to the high risk of being infected with HIV while having unprotected anal sex.
HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. Gay and bisexual men account for almost two-thirds of new infections, as well as half of all people in the United States who are currently living with HIV, the CDC said. There's also been a steady rise in new infections in recent years, concentrated mainly among young men ...
http://consumer.healthday.com/aids-informatio...
Still dreaming about gay sex old man?
RandyAndy

New York, NY

#27296 Aug 7, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Still dreaming about gay sex old man?
Poor Joe.
Would love to see his shrink's file on him. Probably was sexually abused as a child, and is impotent because of it.
Sad case really.

Location hidden

#27297 Aug 7, 2014
RandyAndy wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Joe.
Would love to see his shrink's file on him. Probably was sexually abused as a child, and is impotent because of it.
Sad case really.
I'll bet he was a Catholic altar boy.
Randyandy

New York, NY

#27298 Aug 7, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet he was a Catholic altar boy.
No doubt, and spent a lot of time praying with Father Dick and doing secret penance.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#27300 Aug 7, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Honestly, Joe,

Who cares HOW it was introduced to N. America?

One way or another it would eventually be introduced, anyway. Whether by heterosexuals, as is the main method of transmission in Africa where it is an epidemic, or by blood transfusion or dirty needles or promiscuity between any two of any sexual persuasion, it is a VIRUS.

Do you now wish to blame the introduction of ebola or hepatitis or the Plague or papillomaviridae on someone in particular? Who would you blame for West Nile? How about poliomyelitis or tuberculosis?

These are all deadly viral diseases, just like HIV is a deadly viral disease.

Trying to blame someone in particular for any disease - unless a person deliberately infects an innocent victim - is both ignorant and peculiarly nearsighted.

Cures will be found.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#27301 Aug 8, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an ignorant ass about this!
Was it a "gay" man in Africa that introduced this virus to another, making HIV a "gay-only" viral disease?
Or was the first victim a hemophiliac?
You don't know.
I read a book once about a hemophilliac boy who contracted HIV from blood transfusions - back in the days when it was a death sentence.

Once when he was in hospital, some fundies came in to save him. She told him that Jesus could forgive him, even though he was a sinful shirt-lifting sodomite.

In actual fact, the boy was straight and had a girlfriend.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27302 Aug 8, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, Joe,
Who cares HOW it was introduced to N. America?...
Cures will be found.
Well, you've already found the excuses.
Honestly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 min NorCal Native 8,251
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 1 min Rosa_Winkel 1,278
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 min NoMo 6,736
Do NE Jade need er/im stinky diaper change? 1 min OlBoy 5
News Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in A... 21 min Florida Gator 31
News Craig James Sues Fox Sports Alleging Network Fi... 23 min Florida Gator 19
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 48 min Rights vs myths 1,877
More from around the web