Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36039 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27101 Jul 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the Bible is a closed book to a pathetic troll like yourself.
Waste of water, waste of time, waste of electrons ...
Total projection DUDE.

Location hidden

#27102 Jul 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing that's wrong with you: an empty wastefulness of which you are oblivious to.
See above.
How's that crow taste pathetic filth?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#27103 Jul 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Not only are you clueless of the core, you don't even know what the argument is.
But that's never stopped you from posting before, has it?
Joe, you can't blame me because you are a judgmental hypocrite.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Treat your neighbor as yourself.
Forgive even your enemies.
Forgive your brother not 7 times, but 70 times 7 times.

Location hidden

#27104 Jul 6, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, you can't blame me because you are a judgmental hypocrite.
Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Treat your neighbor as yourself.
Forgive even your enemies.
Forgive your brother not 7 times, but 70 times 7 times.
Joe hates the Bible but loves bashing people with it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27105 Jul 6, 2014
Close to God wrote:
God approves of homosexuality, and all possible evidence proves it. Here's my reasoning: thousands of his spokesmen have buggered little boys for centuries and gone on and on doing it, even getting the church to enable their continued buggering.
God is all knowing and all seeing, so he obviously saw his spokesmen doing this, and not only getting away with it, but using their position as his spokesmen to bring in more young butts to violate and to silence their victims.
As stated in the bible, thousands of years ago God disapproved of homosexuality and punished it (Sodom and Gamorah). Obviously, he has changed his policy now.
If the president's spokesman ate meat in front of the president, and used the president's power to get more meat brought in and eat it, we could conclude that the president allows and somewhat approves of meat eating, even if he was a vegetarian. Of course, if the president didn't know it was happening, and nobody told him, we might believe the president doesn't approve.
In God's case, he knows all about it, and thousands of these devastated young boys begged him for help preventing repeated rapes, and he not only did nothing, he continued letting the homosexual rapists work as his spokesmen. So, either he is at least neutral on the subject, or he's not all knowing and doesn't hear prayers, in which case go ahead and have homosexual sex if that appeals to you (please use consenting adults, though).
You clearly don't know God or His Word.

Luke 17:1-2 (NASB)
1 He said to His disciples, "It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!
2 "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.

Only a pedophile would be making excuses to molest children.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#27106 Jul 6, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
Joe hates the Bible but loves bashing people with it.
Joe and KiMare, are lunatics.

Location hidden

#27107 Jul 6, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Which only proves lides is a gay troll.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27108 Jul 6, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, you can't blame me because ...
... you're too politically correct to be responsible for yourself?
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Total projection DUDE.
DUDE, my screen name doesn't start with "Waste," but yours does.
That's not projection -- it's perception.

Location hidden

#27109 Jul 6, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.

Location hidden

#27110 Jul 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
DUDE, my screen name doesn't start with "Waste," but yours does.
That's not projection -- it's perception.
FLUSH

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#27111 Jul 7, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
FLUSH
So now, with that demonstrative, exclamatory statement, THEY become the noxious precipitate?

That's funny!

Location hidden

#27112 Jul 7, 2014
Close to God wrote:
God approves of homosexuality, and all possible evidence proves it. Here's my reasoning: thousands of his spokesmen have buggered little boys for centuries and gone on and on doing it, even getting the church to enable their continued buggering.
God is all knowing and all seeing, so he obviously saw his spokesmen doing this, and not only getting away with it, but using their position as his spokesmen to bring in more young butts to violate and to silence their victims.
As stated in the bible, thousands of years ago God disapproved of homosexuality and punished it (Sodom and Gamorah). Obviously, he has changed his policy now.
If the president's spokesman ate meat in front of the president, and used the president's power to get more meat brought in and eat it, we could conclude that the president allows and somewhat approves of meat eating, even if he was a vegetarian. Of course, if the president didn't know it was happening, and nobody told him, we might believe the president doesn't approve.
In God's case, he knows all about it, and thousands of these devastated young boys begged him for help preventing repeated rapes, and he not only did nothing, he continued letting the homosexual rapists work as his spokesmen. So, either he is at least neutral on the subject, or he's not all knowing and doesn't hear prayers, in which case go ahead and have homosexual sex if that appeals to you (please use consenting adults, though).
The above badly misinformed attitude and seriously errant mischaracterizations do not serve to bring anyone closer to God.

Location hidden

#27113 Jul 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree that homosexuality is a sexual birth defect.
Abuse is not wholly subjective. What an idiot, sick claim.
"There are a number of health risks with anal sex, and anal intercourse is the riskiest form of sexual activity for several reasons, including the following:"
http://www.webmd.com/sex/anal-sex-health-conc...
Left-handedness is a birth defect. Blue eyes are a birth defect. And, yes, abuse is a subjective assessment, even when it is a legitimate and obvious occurrence.

There are variations in physical and psychosexual characteristics that define every single individual as being different from every other, including identical twins.

Therefore, in reality, every single one of us Human Beings carries the genetic elements of defects, including sexual birth defects. Homosexuals are individuals who, for one reason or another, which reason is not a matter of simple conscious choosing, are sexually oriented toward people of the same sex.

You want me to write that homosexuals are defective. You think that an admission on my part singling out and defining the defectiveness of a certain stereotyped group is some sort of concession. No thanks. Everybody is defective.

Because someone else is homosexual, does that mean that either you or I must also become sexually oriented to someone of the same sex? No. It does not. Homosexual people have been a part of the human genetic landscape since before written history. Now, after a hundred thousand years or so, we Human Beings are finally beginning to understand the causes and results of our flaws.

What are we finding? We are finding that such flaws are a regular, normal, historical part of the spectrum of human sexuality. We are finding that such differences among individuals don't really matter very much. We are finding that such variations do not preclude these individuals from performing their duties and responsibilities as citizens and reasonably moral members of society.

We are finding that God loves them just as much as anyone else. And, we are finding that they can function as married couples with personal integrity. We are finding that our differences are often just as important and valuable as are our samenesses.

As for your obsession with anal sex. That is a problem for you. Get help for it and get your mind and desire to control others out of their bedrooms. You don't belong there.

There are all kinds of very dangerous and risky behaviors. Is anal sex very risky and dangerous. It certainly can be, but it doesn't have to be. Anal intercourse has been found to be the main cause for the transmission of HIV, a deadly viral disease, among promiscuous homosexuals. But, anal intercourse is not the only behavior that allows such transmission. Neither does the virus attack homosexuals only. Furthermore, a married homosexual couple who remain sexually exclusive of all others will never get HIV from enjoying anal intercourse with each other.

So, what's your problem?

It certainly isn't that there ARE homosexuals or that they can find one another or that they can choose to become married couples or that they may be fortunate enough to find that a sexual relationship with each other can be fulfilling. The fact that they may or may not engage in some form of sexual stimulation is their own business and not any of yours, even if they choose to openly profess to doing it.

For goodness sakes, man! Lawful citizens who are also people who are sexually oriented to "other than heterosexual" people have never comprised more than a few percent of the entire population. They are not a problem. What's more, historically speaking, many homosexuals have been significant contributors to the beneficial legacy of Humanity.

Let them be.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#27114 Jul 7, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what's your problem?
It certainly isn't that there ARE homosexuals or that they can find one another or that they can choose to become married couples or that they may be fortunate enough to find that a sexual relationship with each other can be fulfilling. The fact that they may or may not engage in some form of sexual stimulation is their own business and not any of yours, even if they choose to openly profess to doing it.
For goodness sakes, man! Lawful citizens who are also people who are sexually oriented to "other than heterosexual" people have never comprised more than a few percent of the entire population. They are not a problem. What's more, historically speaking, many homosexuals have been significant contributors to the beneficial legacy of Humanity.
Let them be.
Rev. Ken
This is where you denial leads:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/06/26 ...

"With infant gender assignment, in a single moment your baby's life is instantly and brutally reduced from such infinite potentials down to one concrete set of expectations and stereotypes, and any behavioral deviation from that will be severely punished—both intentionally through bigotry, and unintentionally through ignorance. That doctor (and the power structure behind him) plays a pivotal role in imposing those limits on helpless infants, without their consent, and without your informed consent as a parent. This issue deserves serious consideration by every parent, because no matter what gender identity your child ultimately adopts, infant gender assignment has effects that will last through their whole life."

Because of a sexual birth defect that affects 4% of the population, we want to foolishly attempt to manipulate the remaining 96% who experience congruity between their sex, gender and genitals.

Why? Because a denial that LGBT is a sexual birth defect requires it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381148/s ...

"I agree that we should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it is a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist.... Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we’re going to do with marriage when we get there, because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change, and again, I don’t think it should exist."

This is where the denial that GLBT is a sexual birth defect demands we go. The rejection of husband/wife, mother/father and now boy/girl.

We are witnessing a perversion that permeates not just the political basis of our culture, but the very core of society.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27115 Jul 7, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
FLUSH
Yes, that's what happens to Waste Water

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#27116 Jul 7, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
No, kiddo, because you are a disingenuous lunatic who doesn't practice what you preach. In short, you are a hypocrite.
TreyinNY

Brooklyn, NY

#27117 Jul 7, 2014
My minister told me this, after I tried to kill myself at 15 because I was so distraught at being “gay”.
“Trey, God made you, and God loves you. He also has great plans for you. Don’t ever forget that God does not make mistakes. If he is proud of you, you should be as well. I know I’m proud of who you are, and love you too. So go out into the world and do 2 things. Do what God wants you to do, and go find that special guy God made just for you”.
Frankly I don’t care if being gay is a sin or not. I know that someone with religious training not only changed my life, she saved it as well.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27118 Jul 7, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, kiddo...
No, liddo, as you're not qualified to diagnose anyone.

Location hidden

#27119 Jul 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where you denial leads:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/06/26 ...
"With infant gender assignment, in a single moment your baby's life is instantly and brutally reduced from such infinite potentials down to one concrete set of expectations and stereotypes, and any behavioral deviation from that will be severely punished—both intentionally through bigotry, and unintentionally through ignorance. That doctor (and the power structure behind him) plays a pivotal role in imposing those limits on helpless infants, without their consent, and without your informed consent as a parent. This issue deserves serious consideration by every parent, because no matter what gender identity your child ultimately adopts, infant gender assignment has effects that will last through their whole life."
Because of a sexual birth defect that affects 4% of the population, we want to foolishly attempt to manipulate the remaining 96% who experience congruity between their sex, gender and genitals.
Why? Because a denial that LGBT is a sexual birth defect requires it.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381148/s ...
"I agree that we should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it is a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist.... Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we’re going to do with marriage when we get there, because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change, and again, I don’t think it should exist."
This is where the denial that GLBT is a sexual birth defect demands we go. The rejection of husband/wife, mother/father and now boy/girl.
We are witnessing a perversion that permeates not just the political basis of our culture, but the very core of society.
Oh, BALONEY!

Typical extremist viewpoints both on the part of those quoted and upon YOUR part, also.

"... a perversion ..." That's the problem you perceive, isn't it? And now you assert that such "perversion" will destroy and reject husband/wife, mother/father and boy/girl.

Hogwash.

These people have been a part of the Human experience for a hundred thousand years +.

They will always be a part of the Human experience. They are part of us.

Heterosexuality does not change because you or I acknowledge homosexuality.

"Suffer the little children to come to me."

Location hidden

#27120 Jul 7, 2014
TreyinNY wrote:
My minister told me this, after I tried to kill myself at 15 because I was so distraught at being “gay”.
“Trey, God made you, and God loves you. He also has great plans for you. Don’t ever forget that God does not make mistakes. If he is proud of you, you should be as well. I know I’m proud of who you are, and love you too. So go out into the world and do 2 things. Do what God wants you to do, and go find that special guy God made just for you”.
Frankly I don’t care if being gay is a sin or not. I know that someone with religious training not only changed my life, she saved it as well.
She was and is right, Trey! And thank God that God sent her to you.

Many are not so fortunate. Many succeed in taking their own lives, out of confusion, despair and a very unnecessary isolation. Many are wrongly set aside by their own parents and friends, simply because of the misunderstanding propagated mainly through he bigotry of religious tradition and zeal.

May the Holy Spirit guide and protect you, Trey. Reach for all of your potentials. Keep your integrity and develop patience. You have a lot to contribute and a lot to experience.

Love is at the core.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 1 min david traversa 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 54 min Frankie Rizzo 18,188
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr TomInElPaso 40,232
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 1 hr Christsharian Col... 31
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 11
News New Jersey shore town won't settle yet with gay... 3 hr TomInElPaso 2
News 4 responses to Tim Kaine's claims about Genesis... 4 hr david traversa 1
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 9 hr Little Cheerleader 68,988
More from around the web