Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,018

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
PMc

Oakland, CA

#26188 Mar 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you bring the Greeks up?
They took boys to war, used them as sex toys.
When the boys grew up, they changed orientation and went home and married women.
And then you use the horrible treatment of boys in Afghanistan.
So TWICE you advocate youth prostitution, and then close by saying you don't.
Your post has been reported.
You are a LIAR. Alexander the Great was a Gay Man and admired by his men-I never mention anything about him bringing boys along as sex slaves-you did. As for Afghanistan, I told the fact of the situation and condemned the use of the prostitution. So I AM REPORTING YOU FOR LYING.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26189 Mar 16, 2014
PMc wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a LIAR. Alexander the Great was a Gay Man and admired by his men-I never mention anything about him bringing boys along as sex slaves-you did. As for Afghanistan, I told the fact of the situation and condemned the use of the prostitution. So I AM REPORTING YOU FOR LYING.
"Funny, the Greeks did not see it as unnatural..." That was the Greek practice that Alexander supported.

Either you were espousing things you really knew nothing about, or you are a pedophile. I'll let the FBI sort it out.

Smile.

Smile.
PMc

Oakland, CA

#26190 Mar 16, 2014
I am not afraid. You are a liar and a sorry person. Glad the FBI is smarter than you.

Since: Feb 14

Montrose, UK

#26191 Mar 16, 2014
What's up with these cheap shots?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#26192 Mar 16, 2014
Jimmy2014 wrote:
@PMc
Getting pregnant is a side effect of sex? It's the biological purpose of it, thought an expert like you would've known that.:)
The female human being becomes capable of becoming pregnant through about five days in a normal menstrual cycle of 27-30 days.

Within those five days, sperm can survive for no more than about 1-2 days in a womb that is not electro-chemically hostile. The egg, present and moving in the fallopian tube, is available for a productive encounter with a compatible, single sperm for about 3-4 days and with a prime period when everything is just right for only about 36 hours.

36 hours out of 30 days.

The rest of the time, the couple eventually learns to have sex for fun. Some of the best, most pleasurable sex happens for days before and after an egg is available and for years AFTER a woman can no longer get pregnant.

Sex has much more reason and cause than simply for procreation.

Among the Great Apes, besides Humans, the Bonobos have sex for fun.

Bonobos also have homosexuals in their tribal family populations.

These are biological - zoological facts.

Rev. Ken

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#26193 Mar 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The historical fact is, every culture has recognized homosexuality as an abnormality. Many times abusively so. It is hardly a result of any single religion.
I simply note that homosexuality is a sexual defect. A failure of mating behavior. I do so as one way to point out the idiocy of equating ss couples to marriage. They simply are not the same relationships at any level.
You are clearly ignorant about sexuality and filled with bitterness. One is poison in your brain and the other poison in your soul.
Your reply to this person is very revealing of your own inconsistencies.

The historical fact is not as you say it is. The historical "fact" is that the many cultures you make reference to above have demonstrated very little actual understanding of the biological truths of human sexuality. Most of the cultures in the past have mixed their limited knowledge of biological facts with superstition and tribal taboo to a greater or lesser degree, leaving a legacy of institutionalized bigotry and Traditional discrimination/segregation.

However it was that these cultures had developed, they have also carried their misconceptions forward into the modern day. For instance, we "Christians" even go so far as combining our own Christian Mythos with pagan fertility rites.

You pastored a Church, didn't you? Did you ever let the children in your flock have an Easter Egg Hunt on Church grounds at Easter?

Did you celebrate Christmas, the Birth of Christ, on December 25th? Did you light candles and put up evergreen boughs? Did you celebrate the "Return of the Light?"

Our Church did. We still do.

Homosexuals may be, in your opinion, a sexual defect. But, in the understanding of modern psychology, homosexuality is not necessarily a "defect."

In fact, most homosexuals are fully capable of demonstrating every act and capacity that every other human being can do. They can think, speak, fart, breathe, sing, drive a car, learn math, see the stars at night, work eight hours a day, invent, procrastinate, run like Hell when they are scared, go to bed and dream, bar-b-que shrimp, fall in love, engage sexually with their partner to the point of mutual orgasm, cry, laugh, shit and pee and eat, vote Republican or Democrat and generally do everything normally just like anybody else.

They are normal Human Beings and they can love God and be loved by God just as surely as can either you or I.

And, yes. Homosexual couples can and will get married, legally and spiritually, with complete validity. I and many others are fully authorized by Law, and in the Holy Spirit, to marry them. Their right and privilege to be married is and will be held sacred by Jesus Christ.

Lastly, regarding these issues of Human Sexuality and the validity of certain minority sexual orientations and their actual normalcy, in your futile attempts to stereotype people, it is obvious that you do not either know or understand them.

As a result, any poison that you are seeing and making note of in your reply above is the poison that you yourself are producing and clinging to in your own view of others.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#26194 Mar 16, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
The female human being becomes capable of becoming pregnant through about five days in a normal menstrual cycle of 27-30 days.
Within those five days, sperm can survive for no more than about 1-2 days in a womb that is not electro-chemically hostile. The egg, present and moving in the fallopian tube, is available for a productive encounter with a compatible, single sperm for about 3-4 days and with a prime period when everything is just right for only about 36 hours.
36 hours out of 30 days.
The rest of the time, the couple eventually learns to have sex for fun. Some of the best, most pleasurable sex happens for days before and after an egg is available and for years AFTER a woman can no longer get pregnant.
Sex has much more reason and cause than simply for procreation.
Among the Great Apes, besides Humans, the Bonobos have sex for fun.
Bonobos also have homosexuals in their tribal family populations.
These are biological - zoological facts.
Rev. Ken
And still, the biological purpose of mating behavior is procreation. Fun is hardly the only aspect of mating behavior. Virtually every part of our being is directed toward those 36 hours.

However, with a ss couple, there is no 36 hours. Futile, abusive mating behavior.

Location hidden

#26195 Mar 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The historical fact is, every culture has recognized homosexuality as an abnormality. Many times abusively so. It is hardly a result of any single religion.
I simply note that homosexuality is a sexual defect. A failure of mating behavior. I do so as one way to point out the idiocy of equating ss couples to marriage. They simply are not the same relationships at any level.
You are clearly ignorant about sexuality and filled with bitterness. One is poison in your brain and the other poison in your soul.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply to this person is very revealing of your own inconsistencies.
The historical fact is not as you say it is. The historical "fact" is that the many cultures you make reference to above have demonstrated very little actual understanding of the biological truths of human sexuality. Most of the cultures in the past have mixed their limited knowledge of biological facts with superstition and tribal taboo to a greater or lesser degree, leaving a legacy of institutionalized bigotry and Traditional discrimination/segregation.
However it was that these cultures had developed, they have also carried their misconceptions forward into the modern day.
The historical fact is exactly as I stated. They recognized the abnormality.

The fact is, we STILL don't understand it. Yet you deceitfully assert we do, condemning virtually all of humanity as bigoted. What an arrogant farce.

In fact, from what we do know, it is a sexual defect.

Demanding that we pretend it is not abnormal is as wrong as responding abusively to the abnormality. In fact, your position makes everyone a victim, instead of just the homosexual.

Honesty and truth have never been a necessity of your belief system. In fact, you continually condemn them.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26196 Mar 16, 2014
Has anyone heard? Reverend Phelps just got booted out of his church.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26197 Mar 16, 2014
Some little bitch doesn't like the news about Reverend Phelps. His church has had enough of his vitriolic hatred and vile behavior.

Since: Jun 13

Anchorage, AK

#26198 Mar 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And still, the biological purpose of mating behavior is procreation. Fun is hardly the only aspect of mating behavior. Virtually every part of our being is directed toward those 36 hours.
However, with a ss couple, there is no 36 hours. Futile, abusive mating behavior.
Your being, not a homosexuals.

Since: Feb 14

Montrose, UK

#26199 Mar 16, 2014
God bless Wikipedia!:)

Jesus Was fond of the bumlove lol

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26200 Mar 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you bring the Greeks up?
They took boys to war, used them as sex toys.
When the boys grew up, they changed orientation and went home and married women.
And then you use the horrible treatment of boys in Afghanistan.
So TWICE you advocate youth prostitution, and then close by saying you don't.
Your post has been reported.
There was no change of "orientation" involved. Also, discussing "Greeks" as a single ideology of culture is highly inaccurate. You know this very well. The various city states were wildly different in worldview and culture.
Stop Feeding Trolls

Scotts Valley, CA

#26201 Mar 16, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no change of "orientation" involved. Also, discussing "Greeks" as a single ideology of culture is highly inaccurate. You know this very well. The various city states were wildly different in worldview and culture.
Please......

Location hidden

#26202 Mar 16, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply noted the reality of what happened. You care to explain why?

I also simply noted what is often presented by gays as history. Perhaps you should correct them???

You and I both know that what was in the beginning embraced, became something despised when it reached fruition.

“Religion kills”

Horse Trailer

#26203 Mar 17, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't denying human rights to a
minority of only 2% injustice? Bad
news buddy,I'm in the 98%....
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Religion kills”

Horse Trailer

#26204 Mar 17, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I have heard many such stories.
Yes.

It was a few mates of mine's story, too.

“Religion kills”

Horse Trailer

#26205 Mar 17, 2014
Jimmy2014 wrote:
What's up with these cheap shots?
It's all that thing has got, basically.

“Religion kills”

Horse Trailer

#26206 Mar 17, 2014
Cali Girl 2014tor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK.....It calls you a wife thief,
Duhhhhhh.So let me get this straight!
I'm reposting documents that say you
admitted "grooming" two married
Parishioners for sex.One document announces that you stole from a
church.one says you were de frocked
from two churches.Do you think
calling me a Transvestite will make
it go away.after reading what a lech
and fake you are,the small amount
of credibility you had left will be sh!t
canned,just like you and your wife!
Smile
Our preacher man broke 2-3 Commandments there.

Now he breaks another one towards you, ie 9/ Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

“Religion kills”

Horse Trailer

#26207 Mar 17, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
Some little bitch doesn't like the news about Reverend Phelps. His church has had enough of his vitriolic hatred and vile behavior.
Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 min Cali Girl 2014 200,963
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 6 min sava 1,850
Gay marriage activist, saxophonist, mathematici... 43 min Professor Jumper 3
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 44 min Cali Girl 2014 55,904
Philly Queen Returns To topix in Murder Me On... 46 min Professor Jumper 1
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 1 hr woodtick57 53
Drag queens dress down Facebook over names 1 hr Belle Sexton 5
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 783
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 2 hr dirtclod 417
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 4 hr NE Jade 24
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE