Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36052 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23968 Jan 6, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>[irrelevant 'wind-bag' snipped]
In other words, you neither know me nor do you yet know your own Self. For if you did, you would not have to ask the questions that you do ask.
I am not going to enter into a pissing match with you. I ask questions that I already know the answer to because based on what I have read in your posts you do not "see" yourself as you actually are but as how the vast majority of people imagine themselves to be. I know this is very offensive and I know how human beings can not admit to not knowing something and will do everything to make it look like they know more than they know. That is a competition I have no interest in.

Actually I know a lot about you. For one thing, you are what is called "a wind bag" meaning you love to write lots of words that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Your reply is completely defensive while I have not attacked you.

Please explain what this "Self" is that you claim I do not know.

Location hidden

#23969 Jan 6, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
May God Bless the Infinitely Wonderful Architect and Engineer and Artistic Musician that created this astounding cacaphony of harmonic processes!
There is no creator Ken. The Universe exists and it has always existed. Sure it went through a phase transition about 15 billion years ago but that all "just happened" all according to the laws of the Universe.

If you want to "bless" universal processes the only way to do so is to participate in what the Universe is doing. Are you participating in what the Universe is doing?

I ask already knowing the answer because I want you to consider why you do not. Again, please do not turn this into a pissing match and there is no need to defend yourself as you are not being attacked.

Yes the Universe is a wonderful place full of marvelous wonders. As are human beings wonderful 'places' full of marvelous wonders that few even expect exist and fewer still make their own. What good does it do to know about chocolate cake and cherry pie if you can't ever eat any?

What did humanity arise in this bio-sphere? Why do you exist? And why, based on what you write here, are you only interested in what goes on outside of you? How many times in a day do you take a time out and actually experience that you exist?

Location hidden

#23970 Jan 6, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>So what if I don't even bother with trying to consciously manage all of it all of the time?
That is your "doer" speaking again, "just tell me what to do and I'll do it". You do not have one of these Master I's, a single individual I that is in charge inside yourself. What you have are lots of little i's each taking their turn speaking as if it were the Master because no such Master exists.

Now I know that me saying this will cause panic amongst your little i's and that they will not like being told that they are just one of many and do not know everything there is to know and that they will want to defend themselves and in the process drag you along with them.

A conscious state is a higher state and only possible for those who have a Master I that can watch all the little i's each taking their turn speaking for the Master.

There is no "I" in you that manages anything, it is an illusion just as powerful as the illusion we experience in our lives watching the sun go across the sky. That is how we experience it but it is not what is really going on. It is the earth that is rotating and we believe the illusion that that creates. I mean if the earth was moving we'd surely feel it right?

Location hidden

#23971 Jan 6, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that there are "Schools" that Teach a Way of behavior and knowledge, and which "disciplines" have existed on this wonderful planet for thousands of years. I agree. There are these "Schools." As a priest, I was ordained into one such "School." But, it probably isn't one that you would choose or that might choose you. On the other hand, who am I to judge?
Yet, if such "Schools" do exist, for what purpose do they now exist or have ever existed? If they offer "schooling" then they do so from a discipline and body of knowledge gathered and compounded upon itself to be perpetuated for a certain efficiency. Yet, YOU demean and discredit some forms of discipline and knowledge. So, in your indiscriminate discrimination, after all, it appears that you have no need for any of it.
There are schools for Physical types and there are schools for Emotional types and there are schools for Intellectual types. When I look at people I see Physicals, Emotionals and Intellectuals. You make no distinction because you do not know which one you are, but of course if you pay some attention to yourself you might make a good guess. Physicals are attracted on one type of school, while emotionals another kind of school and Intellectuals are attracted to a third kind of school.

In additional to the three known kinds of Schools there exists a fourth kind of school which attracts people who want to bring balance, harmony and unity between the three parts of their triune brain.

What are some examples of schools for the physicals? For the Emotionals and for the Intellectuals? What are the traditional 3 kinds of schools?

THE EFFORTS & SUFFERINGS OF THE FAKIR which is the FIRST WAY in the traditional ways of life which can take man from his ordinary way of thinking, acting, and feeling and turn him into something of which he has not real certainty that he will find freedom, his aim, life, salvation, or enlightenment or even POWER which is what often attracts many to this PATH.....The obvious physical sufferings, contortions, and postures assumed or undertaken are started with little or no idea of the end game, the result, or the conclusion....often the FAKIR enjoys a certain amount of attention by those thankful they do not have to undertake this path or way and can live a life of pleasure,etc.

The Way of the Monk is the emotional way.

The way of the Yogi is the Intellectual way.

And of course there are all kinds of schools that are part this and part that. But there is only one school that can bring harmony and balance and consciousness. And it is not any Dervish school that I know of but this is interesting and helpful:

""THE WAY OF THE DERVISH can also be linked to the WAY OF THE FAKIR, WAY OF THE SUFI, WAY OF THE YOGI,etc. and perhaps it is only a difference in world spellings or terminology that any real distinction can be made....except,of course, when the 'religious' aspects are pasted and painted on to the foundations, which can be esoteric and occult, but actually refer to the three usual bodies of man: the physical, the mental and the emotional.....Greater differences will be seen, maybe, if at all, when it comes to what many consider 'higher' centers: such as, sexual,higher emotional, higher intellectual or mental,'soul-center'( a construct or 'ark'),moving center(s), and Conscience/Consciousness,etc. all merely terms for things few understand, can use or develop without intense and dedicated training, ordeals, trials and tests, and a lot of 'intentional suffering' which is usually completely misunderstood by everyone who attempts to gain experience or insights and not remain resting on soft cushions and sofas and couches, where various media interrupt their 'important' thoughts.....""

Location hidden

#23972 Jan 6, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. Ken
A priest, nameless wandering servant and disciple of the Lord, Christ Jesus.
If you say so.
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#23973 Jan 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Each of your posts here makes you more of a liar.
So the first black president slick willie clinton was the subject and yes you liberal slime ball he was as big a liar as the magic negro.
Deflect is all you have left un rev
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#23974 Jan 6, 2014
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
So the first black president slick willie clinton was the subject and yes you liberal slime ball he was as big a liar as the magic negro.
Deflect is all you have left un rev
"In her now-famous defense of a scandal-plagued Bill Clinton, Nobel prizewinner Toni Morrison, went so far as to call him “our first black president. Blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children’s lifetime.”“Clinton,” Morrison wrote in the 1998 New Yorker essay,“displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald’s-and-junk-food-lovin g boy from Arkansas.”
Clinton, blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children's lifetime. Powerful words but probably still the truth because obama is after all only half black.
Guess the magic negro isn't so magic after all is he.

Since: Jun 13

Fairbanks, AK

#23975 Jan 6, 2014
The Cosmic Plenum: Tillich: Urgrund and Urbild
http://www.bizcharts.com/stoa_del_sol/plenum/...

""Being, limited by nonbeing, is finitude. Nonbeing appears as the 'not yet' of being and as the 'no more' of being. It confronts that which is with a definite end (finis). This is true of everything except being-itself--which is not a 'thing.' As the power of being, being-itself cannot have a beginning and an end. Otherwise it would have arisen out of non-being. But nonbeing is literally nothing except in relation to being. Being precedes nonbeing in ontological validity...Being is the beginning without a beginning, the end without an end. It is its own beginning and end, the initial power of everything that is. However, everything which participates in the power of being is 'mixed' with nonbeing. It is finite."
[Paul Tillich, SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY, Volume I, University of Chicago Press, 1951, pp. 188-189.] "

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23976 Jan 6, 2014
"Sex" does not mean "erotic stimulation", except colloquially, where ALL definitions are open to conflation and fuzziness.
hardybett

Pittsburgh, PA

#23977 Jan 6, 2014
youtube.com/watch... …………………Poop got deep on this thread---The knows nothin of Gays Homosexuals

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23978 Jan 6, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting. I'll have to study up on it myself.
All I can say is no wonder.you have it over some of the posters on here. An Oxford scholar compared to the pathetic verbose alumni of Hicksville Bible College that we all know.
Flash cards it is.
LOL, I take it as a badge of honor, and a clear signal he has no reasoned response when he pulls that BS degree from Oxford.

Snicker.

Fairbanks, AK

#23979 Jan 6, 2014
Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Will Alaska be same-sex marriage's Last Frontier?

Posted: February 21, 2012 - 12:00am
http://juneauempire.com/state/2012-02-21/will...

"To amend the Alaska Constitution, a bill has to pass the House and Senate, and then be signed into law by the governor, just to open up a ballot measure for voters to consider changes to the constitution. Then at the next election, a majority of voters would have to approve it."

Location hidden

#23980 Jan 6, 2014
snyper wrote:
"Sex" does not mean "erotic stimulation", except colloquially, where ALL definitions are open to conflation and fuzziness.
It is noted that you resort to 'colloquial' definitions quite often...

Smirk.

Fairbanks, AK

#23981 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare, where is your answer to what it means to say, "God Bless America?"

Did God promise you a good wife?

Was it God's decision that you marry your wife?

How many times do I have to ask you these questions.

I doubt that you will answer these questions but then have you ever answered a question yet?

Fairbanks, AK

#23982 Jan 6, 2014
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
The DNC mantra claiming that "Oral sex isn't sex" is not only ridiculous but grammatically impossible, or like Clinton, do you too have a legal definition of what "is" means?
The legal description of sex gave Clinton the out. He admits to his indiscretion. You and I know that we all consider sex to involve all acts of physical love. But the law did not.

Many Presidents had sexual indiscretions. Many men of power do assert themselves on women. How many Republicans have done so? Should we disqualify those that have extra-marital affairs?

Just read an accounting of a man (claimed to be Christian) that refused to penetrate the woman (not his wife) because that act would be adultery but, he brought the woman off several times. What a pissed off woman. This happened at a convention.

Fairbanks, AK

#23983 Jan 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no creator Ken. The Universe exists and it has always existed. Sure it went through a phase transition about 15 billion years ago but that all "just happened" all according to the laws of the Universe.
If you want to "bless" universal processes the only way to do so is to participate in what the Universe is doing. Are you participating in what the Universe is doing?
I ask already knowing the answer because I want you to consider why you do not. Again, please do not turn this into a pissing match and there is no need to defend yourself as you are not being attacked.
Yes the Universe is a wonderful place full of marvelous wonders. As are human beings wonderful 'places' full of marvelous wonders that few even expect exist and fewer still make their own. What good does it do to know about chocolate cake and cherry pie if you can't ever eat any?
What did humanity arise in this bio-sphere? Why do you exist? And why, based on what you write here, are you only interested in what goes on outside of you? How many times in a day do you take a time out and actually experience that you exist?
Sounds like theology.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23984 Jan 6, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"bump uglies" ??? LOLOLOL
Shades of Edward Albee!
Well there you go.... ;)

Location hidden

#23985 Jan 6, 2014
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
"In her now-famous defense of a scandal-plagued Bill Clinton, Nobel prizewinner Toni Morrison, went so far as to call him “our first black president. Blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children’s lifetime.”“Clinton,” Morrison wrote in the 1998 New Yorker essay,“displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald’s-and-junk-food-lovin g boy from Arkansas.”
Clinton, blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children's lifetime. Powerful words but probably still the truth because obama is after all only half black.
Guess the magic negro isn't so magic after all is he.
Racist much?

Location hidden

#23986 Jan 6, 2014
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal description of sex gave Clinton the out. He admits to his indiscretion. You and I know that we all consider sex to involve all acts of physical love. But the law did not.
Many Presidents had sexual indiscretions. Many men of power do assert themselves on women. How many Republicans have done so? Should we disqualify those that have extra-marital affairs?
Just read an accounting of a man (claimed to be Christian) that refused to penetrate the woman (not his wife) because that act would be adultery but, he brought the woman off several times. What a pissed off woman. This happened at a convention.
Thank you. He never had sex with that woman. He never lied either.

Location hidden

#23987 Jan 6, 2014
akopen wrote:
KiMare, where is your answer to what it means to say, "God Bless America?"
Did God promise you a good wife?
Was it God's decision that you marry your wife?
How many times do I have to ask you these questions.
I doubt that you will answer these questions but then have you ever answered a question yet?
I'm sorry Ak, I didn't think you were serious. I thought a Bible scholar would obviously know the answers.

1. God Bless America means, "Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

2. God promised me a good wife in Psalm 84:11 (NKJV)

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.

3. I had the full approval and support of the government, church and family God placed around Sandy and I. Those are the three spheres of authority that God has established. But the proof in the pudding is the incredible treasure and blessing she has been in my life.

Just a note, I am enjoying your conversation immensely with the visitor. Please don't stop!

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michigan sued after gay couples are rejected fo... 3 min Pat Robertson s F... 12
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 4 min Space ace 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Wondering 56,039
News Brazil judge rules homosexuality a disease, app... 6 min Dallas 4
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 7 min Clark 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 19 min Get Real 9,780
News Once seen as Ireland's Justin Trudeau, progress... 38 min Clark 1
News Anti-Gay Obama Graffiti Vandal to Spend 90 Days... 1 hr Imprtnrd 16
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 1 hr T-bag 26
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out 13 hr Prosperity Fundie... 11
More from around the web