Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34841 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23047 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Prov. 19:9 RSV "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish"

Location hidden

#23048 Dec 4, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
MY statement is that ALL Human Beings go through an embryonic development that includes a reptilian heritage.
And, that is a true statement.
Rev. Ken
The lizard brain is as much a part of the human brain as is the mammalian brain and the neocortex. We do not breath, IT breaths for us. We do not get hungry, IT gets hungry. We do not get horny, IT gets horny.

How do you know you have to go to the bathroom?

Serious question!!!

It is the lizard brain informing the other two thirds of the brain via a language that you understand but do not recognize as understanding it, because your life is spent outside yourself.

The kingdom of heaven is within, so why stay outside like Kimare?

Location hidden

#23049 Dec 4, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends where you're going...
It's very green there, with some spectacular volcanoes and boiling mud.
NZ is wonderful I know. I have friends there. I was only wanting a stop off along a straight line between Hawaii and Sidney to shorten the air travel time.

Location hidden

#23050 Dec 4, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text>No! NZ is way before you get to Australia. from there it,s another 4-5 hour flight rev! beautiful this time of year!!
I live in NORTH America and looking on the map if I left Hawaii it sure looks like NZ is out of the way trying to get to Sidney. Maybe if I was at the tip of south America it might be on the way. Anyway, what ever it takes I still love being in Australia. Especially the tropical north.

Location hidden

#23051 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You were idiotically attempting to equate gays with reproduction by using reptiles. A heterosexual couple has no need. Now you are lying to avoid the stupidity of the idea.
You have already lost Kimare only you are too stupid to recognize it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23052 Dec 4, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have already lost Kimare only you are too stupid to recognize it.
Exactly.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23053 Dec 4, 2013
Matthew 19:4-6 (NJB)
He answered,‘Have you not read that the Creator from the beginning made them male and female
5 and that he said: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and the two become one flesh?
6 They are no longer two, therefore, but one flesh. So then, what God has united, human beings must not divide.'

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23054 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
He answered,‘Have you not read that the Creator from the beginning made them male and female
5 and that he said: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and the two become one flesh?
6 They are no longer two, therefore, but one flesh. So then, what God has united, human beings must not divide.'
Oh really? Then what did he make you other than an idiot?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#23055 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:

And your point is, what?

That God recognizes the sacredness of the intimate bond of trust and companionship between two Human Beings?

And then also, that Human Beings must not step into the position of being the dividers of that sacred, intimate bond of trust and companionship?

Because why?

In your post above, you have taken the quote out of context.

The immediately preceding verse is as follows:

(Matthew 19:3) Some Pharisees came to him, and to test him they asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause?"

The immediately succeeding verse is as follows:

(19:7) They said to him, "Why then did Moses command us to give a certificate of dismissal and to divorce her?"

(:8) He said to them, "It was because you were so hard-hearted ..."

Jesus finishes the answer with a statement about adultery.

Back to your reasoning for providing the post above.

Perhaps I and some others who have read your post do not understand the purpose of your post. Or, maybe I do understand why you have presented this quote, but would like to have others understand your reasoning, also.

So, what is your point? Please explain.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#23056 Dec 4, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is, what?
That God recognizes the sacredness of the intimate bond of trust and companionship between two Human Beings?
And then also, that Human Beings must not step into the position of being the dividers of that sacred, intimate bond of trust and companionship?
Because why?
In your post above, you have taken the quote out of context.
The immediately preceding verse is as follows:
(Matthew 19:3) Some Pharisees came to him, and to test him they asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause?"
The immediately succeeding verse is as follows:
(19:7) They said to him, "Why then did Moses command us to give a certificate of dismissal and to divorce her?"
(:8) He said to them, "It was because you were so hard-hearted ..."
Jesus finishes the answer with a statement about adultery.
Back to your reasoning for providing the post above.
Perhaps I and some others who have read your post do not understand the purpose of your post. Or, maybe I do understand why you have presented this quote, but would like to have others understand your reasoning, also.
So, what is your point? Please explain.
Rev. Ken
I'm not surprised you are confused by a simple passage. I make no point, the passage makes the point.

1. God made male and female.

2. Please pay particular attention to this simple truth; When a male reaches adulthood, he leave his parents and finds a wife.

3. He then emphasizes this; The the male and female become one.

4. What God has put together (a male and female in marriage), let no one divide.

You stand condemned by God's Word.

Still confused?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#23057 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised you are confused by a simple passage. I make no point, the passage makes the point.
2. Please pay particular attention to this simple truth; When a male reaches adulthood, he leave his parents and finds a wife.
4. What God has put together (a male and female in marriage), let no one divide.
Still confused?
LOL!!!.... You write that you make no point? And then you list four points that you make? Denial and twirl.

Is that all? Is there nothing more to be inferred by this passage?

Then, you finish up with the statement that I stand condemned???

My dear judge, jury and executioner,... how so?

And by what confusion do you determine that I am confused?
randy andy

Sydney, Australia

#23058 Dec 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in NORTH America and looking on the map if I left Hawaii it sure looks like NZ is out of the way trying to get to Sidney. Maybe if I was at the tip of south America it might be on the way. Anyway, what ever it takes I still love being in Australia. Especially the tropical north.
i see from your location that you are from North California?? If so, NZ is usually the first or second port of call depending on whether yous top at Hawaii.

Location hidden

#23059 Dec 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Still confused?
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... You write that you make no point? And then you list four points that you make? Denial and twirl.
Is that all? Is there nothing more to be inferred by this passage?
Then, you finish up with the statement that I stand condemned???
My dear judge, jury and executioner,... how so?
And by what confusion do you determine that I am confused?
I simply paraphrased the points the passage makes.

If you think I did so incorrectly, please paraphrase as simply as I did mine.

I simply note that you are condemned because you promote dividing what God has joined, as Jesus asserts.

Why is this confusing to you?

Location hidden

#23060 Dec 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
NEW RULE:

When you sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor to follow Jesus, THEN!!! you can quote the Bible to us KiMare. Until then you are just another low life Bible quoting pew warming reprobate:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

Location hidden

#23061 Dec 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Then what did he make you other than an idiot?
Good post. KiMare is an idiot, that is an object fact based upon an impartial observation.

Why KiMare bothers to quote the Bible is a mystery when he refuses to obey the Bible himself. KiMare is living proof that Christ-insanity is a very bad thing, something to be avoided because it is filled with con-artists such as himself.

Location hidden

#23062 Dec 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>And your point is, what?
KiMare's point is that while he refuses to obey clear and direct biblical commands he wants you to obey and take seriously a few select verses he likes to hold over people as if the Bible were an authority. He knows he has no credibility so he holds the Bible up to justify his bigotry and simple-mindedness.

His con is that people,[everyone but him] should believe in, obey and follow the Bible.

Atheists are not destroying Chirst-insanity it is the KiMares of the world who are destroying it. And destroying it they are!!!

If KiMare needs to explain anything it is why he does not have to take the Bible seriously nor believe a word of it, but instead try to shove it down the throats of normal people.

Come on KiMare, why do you let yourself off the hook in obeying direct biblical commands while at the same time you insist the rest of have to obey them. You are as stupid, inconsistent and simple-minded as is David Moore our resident arch-deviant from Pekin Il.

Location hidden

#23063 Dec 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Still confused?
Clearly you are still confused KiMare. Confused by the following simple passages which make their own point. You are condemned by the stupid ignorant Bible that you do not trust:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

Location hidden

#23064 Dec 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
pot/kettle

Location hidden

#23065 Dec 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Still confused?
Then read it again KiMare, it seems clear enough to me what you are to do if you want to go to heaven or be taken seriously here on the earth:

Location hidden

#23066 Dec 5, 2013
randy andy wrote:
<quoted text>i see from your location that you are from North California?? If so, NZ is usually the first or second port of call depending on whether yous top at Hawaii.
North is the key word this morning. We were enjoying temps in the 80's and then this stupid storm and the weather icon says it is 19F outside while my thermometers says it is 28F. We turned off all our outside water and drained the pipes. We cut off our solar water heater and drained it. I turned on the furnace. Earlier we went out and covered all the avocado and citrus trees. Probably all the oranges will be damaged and they were so sweet this year.

The loquat was loaded with ripening fruit and it is probably all damaged. Loquats make the most delicious cherry pies.

As you guys are ready for the summer solstice we are suffering the winter solstice. My friends in Michigan told me they would be happy if the temps rose above 0F.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 5 min Belle Sexton 3,150
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 6 min Beans And Backtalk 4
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 7 min WasteWater 464
News Councillor calls for extra support for the LGBT... 7 min Belle Sexton 1
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 41 min Poof1 1,219
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 53 min Belle Sexton 52
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 56 min Poof1 1,461
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 59 min NoahLovesU 25,863
More from around the web