Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,084

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22492 Nov 19, 2013
Pock Suppet wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If you had specifically said EVANGELICAL Christianity, I might almost have notionally conceded that to you, but with reservations.
However, many moderate Christians seem content to accept that there are inconsistencies, contradictions and factual errors in the "Bible". This is largely overcome by treating it in part as allegorical and metaphorical. Because of this, no religion can apply biblical doctrine absolutely without running into severe problems with modern expectations of secular morality. Does your church participate in stoning people for adultery, or killing children who are rebellious/abusive towards their parents, or killing others not of your faith, or killing people who work on Sunday, etc, etc, etc??? Therefore, because all religion accepts such compromises with biblical doctrine, no religion completely and absolutely adheres to doctrine - yours included. So, according to Stan's claim, neither of you are truly Christian.
<quoted text>
Do you really think those stupid little facial gesture verbs you finish your posts with makes up for your being a complete arsehole?
Now off you go KiMare, as I fully expect you to feverishly work on some crass and flippant reply which totally ignores the points made in the argument, and doing so largely by insulting the arguer. That appears to be your only discussion technique.
What a pile of ignorant crock.

If you had one iota of honesty and a Sunday School knowledge of what the Bible says, you would not use the examples you do.

Neither Jews nor Christians practice certain parts of the OT for Biblical reasons, not secular pressures. Nor is there a dispute between traditional, evangelical or fundamental Christians about those things.

Smile.

Smirk.

Snicker.

Location hidden

#22493 Nov 19, 2013
Pock Suppet wrote:
On "the Bible" itself, which specific version is definitive?
Warning: This is a trick question, because no extant version of the bible in use today is -
* complete,
* free from translation bias,
* free from interpretation bias,
* free from selectivity of content,
* free from forged content,
* was compiled from a single reliable source,
and a whole host of other taints too numerous to list here.
Let's watch some truly dishonest responses fly about over this post!!!
Stuff this silly stupid question up that hole where your brains fell out.

There is not a single book of antiquity that would not face the same challenges that translating the Bible does, IF any single one came marginally close to the popularity of the Bible.

Smile.
Lucifer

Salt Lake City, UT

#22494 Nov 19, 2013
For those of you that brainwashed into think there is a god and that he gives a shit about ANYONE on this planet you are truly lost
Pock Suppet

Sydney, Australia

#22495 Nov 19, 2013
Lucifer wrote:
For those of you that brainwashed into think there is a god and that he gives a shit about ANYONE on this planet you are truly lost
BINGO!

You got it exactly right my friend.
Lucifer

Salt Lake City, UT

#22496 Nov 19, 2013
Pock Suppet wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!
You got it exactly right my friend.
well at least there are still free thinking individuals in the world that don't need systems of control to play a part in their lives

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#22497 Nov 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pile of ignorant crock.
If you had one iota of honesty and a Sunday School knowledge of what the Bible says, you would not use the examples you do.
Neither Jews nor Christians practice certain parts of the OT for Biblical reasons, not secular pressures. Nor is there a dispute between traditional, evangelical or fundamental Christians about those things.
Smile.
Smirk.
Snicker.
No. With regard to post #22492, he is exactly right and you, Kim, have cornered yourself in folly.

These who try to run everyone else's life with the axiom that scriptural concepts must remain unchallenged and unchanged and must be understood just as they were originally transmitted have a simple, significant problem.

These people live today, not 2000 - 4000 years ago. Especially, considering new understandings of the Human psyche, scripture must be read in context of the spanning of both periods of time - as in the underpinnings of the Early Church
AND
in Light of modern day realizations.

How easily and conveniently we forget that Jesus Christ said, "I am the Way, the truth and the Life."

Do both the common Christian and the Christian mystic somehow have to make excuses for not having to believe Him? Not if we are to regard Him as a Human Being, which I assure you is how He regarded Himself.

If one is to take what He says of Himself, which the Christian disciple is bound under His yoke to do, truth - even modern scientific, medical-genetic-psychological- thermodynamic-supercosmic and subatomic truth - must be recognized as being of the very same essence of what Jesus Christ was, IS and forever shall be.

Then and only then are we permitted to accept the humility to become the Human Beings that he believes we CAN become.

Children of the I AM.

And yes, we will marry them, even the same-sex couples who come to us seeking the Sacrament of Marriage, when we find them sincere and trusting and reserving in love, committed in companionship to each other.

We will Bless them and bind them in heaven and in earth.

That IS the truth.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#22498 Nov 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. With regard to post #22492, he is exactly right and you, Kim, have cornered yourself in folly.
These who try to run everyone else's life with the axiom that scriptural concepts must remain unchallenged and unchanged and must be understood just as they were originally transmitted have a simple, significant problem.
These people live today, not 2000 - 4000 years ago. Especially, considering new understandings of the Human psyche, scripture must be read in context of the spanning of both periods of time - as in the underpinnings of the Early Church
AND
in Light of modern day realizations.
How easily and conveniently we forget that Jesus Christ said, "I am the Way, the truth and the Life."
Do both the common Christian and the Christian mystic somehow have to make excuses for not having to believe Him? Not if we are to regard Him as a Human Being, which I assure you is how He regarded Himself.
If one is to take what He says of Himself, which the Christian disciple is bound under His yoke to do, truth - even modern scientific, medical-genetic-psychological- thermodynamic-supercosmic and subatomic truth - must be recognized as being of the very same essence of what Jesus Christ was, IS and forever shall be.
Then and only then are we permitted to accept the humility to become the Human Beings that he believes we CAN become.
Children of the I AM.
And yes, we will marry them, even the same-sex couples who come to us seeking the Sacrament of Marriage, when we find them sincere and trusting and reserving in love, committed in companionship to each other.
We will Bless them and bind them in heaven and in earth.
That IS the truth.
Rev. Ken
I've never stated how I interpret the Bible. You and others have asserted that falsely. Surprise, surprise.

I have however, simply used the Bible to expose your lies.

You have every freedom to violate what the Bible says as long as you are allowed. I will continue to point out the conflict.

The Bible clearly and consistently speaks of marriage between a man and woman.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

At it's most extravagant expression, marriage is the reunion of the very roots of humanity. A male and female union, creating an unmatchable expression of humanity on any level of comparison.

Ss marriage can and will only ever be an oxymoron.
Pat

Pekin, IL

#22499 Nov 19, 2013
Pock Suppet wrote:
On "the Bible" itself, which specific version is definitive?
Warning: This is a trick question, because no extant version of the bible in use today is -
* complete,
* free from translation bias,
* free from interpretation bias,
* free from selectivity of content,
* free from forged content,
* was compiled from a single reliable source,
and a whole host of other taints too numerous to list here.
Let's watch some truly dishonest responses fly about over this post!!!
EVERY translation of the Bible supports the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior, and that is the subject here.

Location hidden

#22500 Nov 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>EVERY translation of the Bible supports the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior, and that is the subject here.
LOL!!!.... Your name changes,....

but, you are a broken record.

Location hidden

#22501 Nov 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never stated how I interpret the Bible. You and others have asserted that falsely. Surprise, surprise.
I have however, simply used the Bible to expose your lies.
You have every freedom to violate what the Bible says as long as you are allowed. I will continue to point out the conflict.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
At it's most extravagant expression, marriage is the reunion of the very roots of humanity. A male and female union, creating an unmatchable expression of humanity on any level of comparison.
Ss marriage can and will only ever be an oxymoron.
On the contrary!

You regularly and repeatedly interpret the Bible.

Your interpretations of what is written and what is NOT written in Matthew 19 are an example that everyone who reads these posts is already aware.

You regularly try to justify your concepts of reality by those same interpretations. But, your justifications leave something to be desired, don't they?! Yes. They do.

You have just done this, again, in your post above, even while denying it, saying, "The Bible clearly and consistently speaks of marriage between a man and a woman."

Well then, just what is it that the Bible clearly and consistently does NOT speak of in terms of same-sex marriage? I ask this very simple question because, regardless of your limited understanding of what a marriage can be, that which is more than what you had previously understood to be is still very much a possibility - even a reality that you cannot yet bring yourself to believe.

However, take faith. Jesus Christ hasn't taken the opportunity to teach you everything He knows, just yet.

You live in the forest, with a Giant Sequoia growing through your eye, Kim. But, don't worry. The Master Lumberjack with the Big Chainsaw is working His Way toward you.

Rev. Ken
Lucifer

Salt Lake City, UT

#22502 Nov 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary!
You regularly and repeatedly interpret the Bible.
Your interpretations of what is written and what is NOT written in Matthew 19 are an example that everyone who reads these posts is already aware.
You regularly try to justify your concepts of reality by those same interpretations. But, your justifications leave something to be desired, don't they?! Yes. They do.
You have just done this, again, in your post above, even while denying it, saying, "The Bible clearly and consistently speaks of marriage between a man and a woman."
Well then, just what is it that the Bible clearly and consistently does NOT speak of in terms of same-sex marriage? I ask this very simple question because, regardless of your limited understanding of what a marriage can be, that which is more than what you had previously understood to be is still very much a possibility - even a reality that you cannot yet bring yourself to believe.
However, take faith. Jesus Christ hasn't taken the opportunity to teach you everything He knows, just yet.
You live in the forest, with a Giant Sequoia growing through your eye, Kim. But, don't worry. The Master Lumberjack with the Big Chainsaw is working His Way toward you.
Rev. Ken
let me ask you this; how long have you been a "reverend" spewing this propaganda and lies about the afterlife and also "gods will"? I'm just a wee bit concernicus that your on a website that is very sexually explicit (especially with minors) and yet your preaching about god?? I smell a pedophile, you sir should go away and f*ck off and once you are a way should f*ck off again and again till you get back here then f*ck off some more

Since: Jun 13

Anchorage, AK

#22503 Nov 19, 2013
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>Your sick insults and projects don't hide the fact that you can make no case for your horrible hate based cause.
Face reality, the Bible forever condemns all homosexual behavior, repeatedly, and in the plainest of terms:

There is no logical case against this reality.
There is a logical case against this reality.

Since the definition of the Word of God is of such great importance in any discussion in this forum I submit this excerpt from Systematic Theology, by Paul Tillich, Vol. I., pp. 122,123.

"c) The word as a medium of revelation and the question of the inner word.--The importance of the "word," not only for the idea of revelation, but for almost every theological doctrine, is so great that a "theological semantics" is urgently needed. Within the theological system there are several places where semantic [pertaining to the meanings of words] questions must be asked and answered. Man's rational structure cannot be understood without the word in which he grasps the rational structure of reality. Revelation cannot be understood without the word as a medium of revelation. The knowledge of God cannot be described except through a semantic analysis of the symbolic word. The symbols "Word of God" and "Logos" cannot be understood in their various meanings without an insight into the general nature of the word. The biblical message cannot be interpreted without semantic and hermeneutic [Unfolding the signification; of or pertaining to interpretation; exegetical; explanatory; as, hermeneutic theology, or the art of expounding the Scriptures; a hermeneutic phrase.] principles. The preaching of the church presupposes an understanding of the expressive and denotative functions of the word in addition to its communicative function. Under these circumstances it is not suprising that an attempt has been made to reduce the whole of theology to an enlarged doctrine of the "Word of God" (Barth). But if this is done, "word" must be used with such a wide meaning that every divine self-manifestation can be subsumed under it, or revelation must be restricted to the spoken word and the specific sense of the term "word" is lost; in the second case the specific sense is preserved, but God is prevented from any nonvocal self-manifestation. This, however, contradicts not only the meaning of God's power but also the religious symbolism inside and outside the biblical literature, which uses seeing, feeling, and tasting as often as hearing in describing the experience of the divine presence. Therefore, "word" can only be made the all-embracing symbol of the divine self-manifestation if the divine "Word" can be seen and tasted as well as heard. The Christian doctrine of the Incarnation of the Logos includes the paradox that the Word has become an object of vision and touch (see below, pp.157 ff.)."

Anchorage, AK

#22504 Nov 19, 2013
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>Your sick insults and projects don't hide the fact that you can make no case for your horrible hate based cause.
Face reality, the Bible forever condemns all homosexual behavior, repeatedly, and in the plainest of terms:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

and·with
male not you-shall-lie-down beds-of woman abhorrence she

Thou shalt not lie with
mankind,
as
with
womankind:
it
[is]
abomination.

Westminster Leningrad Codex http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinea ...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abhorr ...

What about anything above gives you license to condemn homosexuality as a sin?

So, you refuse to answer the above question. Tell me where the Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin.

I will accept that homosexuality is a sin when you can prove that the Bible says it is a sin.

If you cannot, then you must back down from your statement that homosexuality is a sin and state what the Bible does say about homosexuality. If you must use scripture then scripture must verify scripture.

IT DOES NOT CONDEMN NOR SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY!

Anchorage, AK

#22505 Nov 19, 2013
Stan wrote:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Note that the mechanical translation uses "abhorrence" and is translated "abomination." Look up the definition of "abhorrence." Now, given the two translations how is it that you interpret 18:22 to say homosexuality is a sin? Do not, not answer this question. If you have any honor, you will explain your interpretation.

Legitimate translation: Leviticus 20:25,26.

and·with
male not you-shall-lie-down beds-of woman abhorrence she

and·you(p)-cseparate between
the·beast the·clean to·the·unclean and·between
the·flyer

the·unclean to·the·clean and·not
you(p)-shall-make-abominable »
souls-of·you(p) in·the·beast

and·in·the·flyer and·in·anything which she-is-moving the·ground which
I-cseparated for·you(p)

and·you(p)-become to·me holy-ones that holy
I
Yahweh and·I-am-cseparating »·you(p)
from
the·peoples to·to-become-of for·me

Ye shall therefore put
difference between clean
beasts and unclean, and
between unclean fowls and
clean: and ye shall not make
your souls abominable by
beast, or by fowl, or by any
manner of living thing that
creepeth on the ground,
which I have separated
from you as unclean.

And ye shall be holy
unto me: for I the LORD
[am] holy, and have severed
you from [other] people,
that ye should be mine.

Lacon, I give you Leviticus 20:25,26 for scriptures definition of abomination.

Again, no reference to sin.

Do you not know how to interpret scripture?

Tell me, teach me how to read scripture!

Anchorage, AK

#22506 Nov 19, 2013
Stan wrote:

"It is obvious that the word as a medium of revelation, the "Word of God," is not a word of information about otherwise hidden truth. If it were this, if revelation were information, no ''transparency" of language would be needed. Ordinary language, transmitting no "sound" of ultimacy, could give information about "divine matters." Such information would be of cognitive and perhaps of ethical interest, but it would lack all the characteristics, of revelation. It would not have the power of grasping, shaking, and transforming, the power which is attributed to the "Word of God."

"If the word as a medium of revelation is not information, it cannot be spoken apart from revelatory events in nature, history, and man. The word is not a medium of revelation in addition to the other mediums; it is a necessary element in all forms of revelation. Since man is man through the power of the word, nothing really human can be so without the word, whether it be spoken or silent. When the prophets spoke, they spoke about the "great deeds of God," the revelatory events in the history of Israel. When the apostles spoke, they spoke about the one great deed of God, The revelatory event which is called Jesus, the Christ. When the priests and seers and mystics in paganism gave holy oracles and created sacred writings, they were giving interpretations of a Spiritual reality which they had entered after having left ordinary reality. Being procedes speaking, and the revelatory reality precedes and determines the revelatory word. A collection of assumed divine revelations concerning "faith and morals" without a revelatory event which they interpret is a lawbook with divine authorization, but it is not the Word of God, and it has no revelatory power. Neither the Ten Commandments nor the great commandment is revelatory if separated from the divine covenant with Israel or from the presence of the Kingdom of God in the covenant with Israel or from the presence of the Kingdom of God in the Christ. These commandments were meant and should be taken as interpretations of the new reality, not as orders directed against the old reality. They are descriptions and not laws. The same is true of the doctrines. They are not revealed doctrines, but there are revelatory events and situations which can be described in doctrinal terms. Ecclesiastical doctrines are meaningless if separated from the revelatory situation out of which they have grown. The "Word of God" contains neither revealed commandments nor revealed doctrines; it accompanies and interprets revelatory situations."
Systematic Theology, Paul Tillich, Vol. I, pp. 124, 125.

Anchorage, AK

#22507 Nov 19, 2013
Stan wrote:

“The phrase “inner word” is unfortunate. Words are means of communication. The “inner word” would be a kind of self-communication, a monologue of the soul with itself. But “inner word” is used in order to describe the speaking of God in the depth of the individual soul. Something is said to the soul, but it is said neither in spoken nor in silent words. It is not said in words at all. It is a movement of the soul in itself. The “inner word” is an expression of the negation of the word as a medium of revelation. A word is spoken to someone; the “inner word” is the awareness of what is already present and does not need to be said. The same is true of the phrase “inner revelation.” An inner revelation must reveal something which is not yet a part of the inner man. Otherwise it would not be revelation but recollection; something potentially present would become actual and conscious. This, in fact, is the position of mystics, idealists and spiritualists, whether they notice it or not. But man in the state of existential separation cannot attain the message of the New Being by recollection. It must come to him, it must be said to him; it is a matter of revelation. This criticism of the doctrine of the inner word is historically confirmed by the easy transition from spiritualism to rationalism. The inner word was more and more identified with the logical and ethical norms which constitute the rational structure of mind and reality. The voice of revelation was replaced by the voice of our moral conscience, reminding us of what we essentially know. Against the doctrine of the word as a medium of revelation, symbolically the doctrine of the Word of God.” Ibid., pp. 126.

"..., the term Word is applied to the document of the final revelation and its special preparation, namely, the Bible. But if the Bible is called the Word of God, theological confusion is almost unavoidable. Such consequences as the dictation theory of inspiration, dishonesty in dealing with the biblical text, a "monophysitic" dogma of the infallibility of a book, etc., follow from such an identification. The Bible is the Word of God in two senses. It is the document of the final revelation; and it participates in the final revelation of which it is the document. Probably nothing has contributed more to the misinterpretation of the biblical doctrine of the Word than the identification of the Word with the Bible." Systematic Theology, Paul Tillich, Vol. I, pp. 158,159.

Anchorage, AK

#22508 Nov 19, 2013
Stan wrote:

Ultimately, the Word of God, is a revelatory process for man. That is to say that as one reads the Bible one's reading is God speaking to you about the human condition. As with my mention of my first experience of reading the Bible; I read from John 1 and with each verse that there was a reference I read that reference and with more references that came with the reference I began to see what it was that the original verse meant. Not what I percieve from a literal reading. This is essential so as not to put your personal twist on God's Word. Again, the Word of God is a revelatory process.
----------
Christianity is not a moralistic religion. Actually, Christianity is not a religion. Religion is Lutherenism, Catholcism, etc., man-made institutions. Christianity is apart of the final revelation, of the Logos, the doctrine of the Word of God. And as long as the Word of God is a revelatory process, no words of the Bible can be considered the Word of God. It is what the words say to you as verified by verses of the Bible that begin this revelatory process of God revealing the Word of God to us. To read the Bible literally is to miss this revelatory process.

Anchorage, AK

#22509 Nov 19, 2013
Stan wrote:

"15 8. now, we know that the Law is good if it is taken as a law: This is a reflection of a thought that Paul expresses emphatically elsewhere (e.g., 1 Cor 15:56), i.e., that the Mosaic Law, even when it was in force, did not give the interior spiritual power necessary to accomplish what it prescribed. This power came only from Christ. Nevertheless, the Law was a divine ordinance designed to prepare for the coming of Christ (Gal 3:23-24), and in this sense it was "holy" and "spiritual" (Rom 7:12, 14). 9-10. Paul considers the Law in its penal aspect, as threatening and punishing sinners. Under this aspect it was instituted for the unjust, not for the just. Catalogues of vices are found elsewhere in the Pastorals (6:4-5; 2 Tm 3:2-5); Ti 3:3). To a certain extent these lists reflect catalogues in contemporary literature (-> Pauline Theology, 79:161). sound doctrine: This and cognate phrases are characteristic of the Pastorals: "sound doctrine" (2 Tm 4:3; Ti 1:9; 2:1); "sound words" (1 Tm 6:3; 2 Tm 1:13); "to be sound in the faith" (Tm 1:13; 2:2); "sound speech" (Ti 2:8). The terminology is found frequently in contemporary authors to describe a teaching that is wise, is prudent, and is compatible with reason. Paul means to emphasize that the Christian teaching, while being transcendent, also accords with intellectual and moral soundness (Phil 4:8; Rom. 12:1).

16 11. All that Paul has just said derives from the gospel entrusted to
him. the gospel of the glory of the blessed God: A message concerned with the manifestation of God himself ("glory" in the biblical sense ) that took place in the incarnation and in our participation in it (Jn 1:14ff.; 2 Cor 4:4, "the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God"; 2 Cor 4:6; Col 1:27). God is called "blessed" again in 6:15. Beatitude belongs properly to God by reason of his perfect, eternal, and unchangeable nature. God allows man to participate in this beatitude, and man's hope of attaining this gift is called a "blessed hope" in Ti 2:13." JBC [57:15:8, 9-10;16:11], ed., 1968.

NAB, ed., 1970.
10 fornicators, sexual perverts, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and those who in other ways flout the sound teaching

1, 8-11: Those responsible for the empty surmises which are to be suppressed by Timothy do not present the Old Testament from the Christian viewpoint. The Christian values the Old Testament not as a system of law, but as the first stage in God's revelation of his saving plan, which is brought to fulfillment in the good news of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. NAB, ed., 1970, p. 1320.

What is important in these passages is that OT law's good was not understood and the NT Great Commandment establishes the saving plan. OT law prepares for Christ. Christians don't see the OT as a system of laws. It stands to reason the the catalog of vices here represent an estrangement from God. All the vices represent the same notion. All but, you guessed it, this concept of homosexuality. Homosexuality does not represent the symbolism associated with adultery (an issue of property) or, fornication (temple sex) or, lying etc. All told, this list is about idolatry. If you missed this point begin reading again from Genesis to ascertain the main theme of the Bible.

Where modern translations use homosexuality as a vice, let me clarify what the Bible really says about homosexuality. Next post:
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#22510 Nov 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
It also 'speaks' of Solomon who was married to 700 wives and 300 lesbians
1000 women all married to each other is the biggest most colossal gay marriage in recorded history
Solomon would need 25 Greyhound Buses just to carry his 1000 wives d!ldo shopping at Victoria's Secret
So you betta get busy and reenact Solomon's gay marriage so you don't get tossed in 'The Lake' now; ya' hear?
Stop postin' and start pokin'

Anchorage, AK

#22511 Nov 20, 2013
Stan wrote:

I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

9. Know ye not that the
unrighteous shall not inherit
the kingdom of God? Be not
deceived: neither fornicators,
nor idolaters, nor adulterers,
nor effeminate, nor abusers of
themselves with mankind,

NOT-BESIDES Soft-ones NOT-BESIDES sodomites NOT-BESIDES thieves NOT-BESIDES MORE-HAVers NOT-BESIDES DRUNKards NOT say-SPEARers NOT-BESIDES SNATCHers KINGdom OF-GOD NOT SHALL-BE-tenantING

And now, the English translation.

9. Know ye not that the
themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous,
nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor
extortioners, shall inherit the
kingdom of God.

Do you agree with the Greek translation?

, I asked you to bring forth your Greek New Testament so we, you and I could discuss the Greek translation. Let me enlighten you as to the Greek (mechanical)translation.

1 Corinthians 6:9,10; OR NOT YE-HAVE-PECEIVED that UN-JUST KINGdom OF NOT SHALL-BE-tenantING NO BE-beING-STRAYED NOT-BESIDES idolators NOT-BESIDES ADULTERers

9. Know ye not that the
themselves with mankind,

NOT-BESIDES Soft-ones NOT-BESIDES sodomites NOT-BESIDES thieves NOT-BESIDES MORE-HAVers NOT-BESIDES DRUNKards NOT say-SPEARers NOT-BESIDES SNATCHers KINGdom OF-GOD NOT SHALL-BE-tenantING

And now, the English translation.

9. Know ye not that the
unrighteous shall not inher

9. Know ye not that the
themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous,
nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor
extortioners, shall inherit the
kingdom of God.

I asked you to bring forth your Greek New Testament so we, you and I could discuss the Greek translation. Let me enlighten you as to the Greek (mechanical)translation.

1 Corinthians 6:9,10; OR NOT YE-HAVE-PECEIVED that UN-JUST KINGdom OF NOT SHALL-BE-tenantING NO BE-beING-STRAYED NOT-BESIDES idolators NOT-BESIDES ADULTERers
!!br0ken!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 5 min WeTheSheeple 89
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 6 min WasteWater 135
University of California to add a gender-neutra... 6 min Sneaky Pete 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min HOLME 50,018
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 10 min WeTheSheeple 281
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 12 min Pietro Armando 971
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min The_Box 3,467
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 26 min Frankie Rizzo 2,239
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 55 min KiMare 990
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 2 hr Wondering 97

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE