So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18009 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19659 Feb 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, in reality, it is simply a blunder of evolution, a imposter relationship. Everyone knows it is gay, always different. Even you know that.
Smile.
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>You claim to speak for reality? Let me ask you something... you do realize that your posts remain on Topix, right? Any newcomer can scroll back and read them. I doubt you are going to get many props for being in touch with reality. E.T. aliens and radiation and Buybulls and scripture.... Tell us again about reality?
Please, be specific, what is not reality about what I posted?

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19660 Feb 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, in reality, it is simply a blunder of evolution, a imposter relationship. Everyone knows it is gay, always different. Even you know that.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Please, be specific, what is not reality about what I posted?
Smile.
All of it.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#19661 Feb 6, 2013
Says the dried up cooter between your legs.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#19663 Feb 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Virtually every culture does have belief in brokenness. It is described as religion.
Every culture has religions, but that doesn't necessarily mean that those cultures embrace the idea of inherent brokenness. Religion BRINGS that warped idea TO those cultures, which don't NEED it. That's how religion sells itself--by making people believe they have a problem (that they don't actually have) and then purporting to have the only solution. By feeding on the vulnerablilities that people have in their self-esteem. Religion FALSELY convinces people that they are broken, so that it can falsely claim that it alone can fix them. It's a scam on the gullible.

There are plenty of people within every culture who REJECT religion, and reject the idea that they are "broken". They can still recognize that they always have room for self-improvement, but that doesn't mean that they're CREATED broken. It certainly doesn't "fix" a person to pick a world religion and swear to believe in it without evidence.
KiMare wrote:
Because you don't agree or understand a reason for morality, it does not negate its existence.
I never said I don't agree with morality. Morality is simply the measure of harm we can cause one another. We are all capable of causing suffering in others, or improving their well-being. Whichever one we choose defines our morality. Religion has nothing to do with it. If it did, there wouldn't be child-raping priests. There wouldn't be women in Africa being murdered by gangs in search of witches. Religion just dumps superstition on top of human attempts to interact.
KiMare wrote:
Even Darwin could not explain everything.
He didn't TRY to explain everything. He only explained what he had evidence for.
KiMare wrote:
Evolution isSTILL considered a theory.
It's ok if you don't understand the scientific definition of "theory". Not everyone does, but you should learn. It DOESN'T mean "wild guess".
KiMare wrote:
By the way, several of the geniuses you mention we're Christians.
Maybe, but their contributions had nothing to do with faith. They aren't known for claiming to have knowledge of the supernatural. They explained real events that could be demonstrated, repeated, and falsified.

Algebra was developed by Muslims. Buddhists created printing. Do their acheivements in those fields validate their religions?
KiMare wrote:
Beyond all that, all I'm asking is that you explain how a single event with a consistent series of ore-scientific descriptions got into a mistranslated fable and resulted in the predicted outcome thousands of years later.
Smile.
You're going to have to remind me when ANY of that happened. Ore-scientific descriptions? Predicted outcome? Give me those chapters and verses, so I can look them over. I can't explain anything unless I have a chance to review it in detail.

At the same time, I'd like to hear YOU explain the dragons, satyrs, and unicorns in the Bible. The detailed rules for slavery. The insistence that women not teach or hold authority over men. The call for rapists to marry their victims as punishment. The orders to slaughter infants. The talking donkey, and Balaam's vicious reaction to it. The cure for leprosy by rubbing dove's blood on a house. Where is the truth or morality in any of THAT?

The Bible is a book of MYTHS, like so many other books in the world. If the crazy stories get CLOSE to reality once in 1200 pages... well, even a blind squirrel occasionally stumbles over an acorn.

Location hidden

#19664 Feb 8, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Every culture has religions, but that doesn't necessarily mean that those cultures embrace the idea of inherent brokenness. Religion BRINGS that warped idea TO those cultures, which don't NEED it. That's how religion sells itself--by making people believe they have a problem (that they don't actually have) and then purporting to have the only solution. By feeding on the vulnerablilities that people have in their self-esteem. Religion FALSELY convinces people that they are broken, so that it can falsely claim that it alone can fix them. It's a scam on the gullible.
There are plenty of people within every culture who REJECT religion, and reject the idea that they are "broken". They can still recognize that they always have room for self-improvement, but that doesn't mean that they're CREATED broken. It certainly doesn't "fix" a person to pick a world religion and swear to believe in it without evidence.
<quoted text>
I never said I don't agree with morality. Morality is simply the measure of harm we can cause one another. We are all capable of causing suffering in others, or improving their well-being. Whichever one we choose defines our morality. Religion has nothing to do with it. If it did, there wouldn't be child-raping priests. There wouldn't be women in Africa being murdered by gangs in search of witches. Religion just dumps superstition on top of human attempts to interact.
<quoted text>
He didn't TRY to explain everything. He only explained what he had evidence for.
<quoted text>
It's ok if you don't understand the scientific definition of "theory". Not everyone does, but you should learn. It DOESN'T mean "wild guess".
<quoted text>
Maybe, but their contributions had nothing to do with faith. They aren't known for claiming to have knowledge of the supernatural. They explained real events that could be demonstrated, repeated, and falsified.
Algebra was developed by Muslims. Buddhists created printing. Do their acheivements in those fields validate their religions?
<quoted text>
You're going to have to remind me when ANY of that happened. Ore-scientific descriptions? Predicted outcome? Give me those chapters and verses, so I can look them over. I can't explain anything unless I have a chance to review it in detail.
At the same time, I'd like to hear YOU explain the dragons, satyrs, and unicorns in the Bible. The detailed rules for slavery. The insistence that women not teach or hold authority over men. The call for rapists to marry their victims as punishment. The orders to slaughter infants. The talking donkey, and Balaam's vicious reaction to it. The cure for leprosy by rubbing dove's blood on a house. Where is the truth or morality in any of THAT?
The Bible is a book of MYTHS, like so many other books in the world. If the crazy stories get CLOSE to reality once in 1200 pages... well, even a blind squirrel occasionally stumbles over an acorn.
For someone who claims to adhere strictly to evidence, you sure ignore the fact of a world that screws up everything it gets it's hands on... Then you turn around and not only castigate those who are trying to deal with it, you BLAME it on them! You top it off with a conspiracy theory that religion is simply a scam.

As to morality, you assert that religion harms the effort. Please, give me a real world example where the absence of religion does a better job? Communism was the latest,'greatest' effort... Moreover, the failure of sincere religious people simply affirms the degree of brokenness we are infected with. If you understand Judeo/Christian doctrine, you would know that was the whole point of God giving the Israelites the Law. "Here is the standard, follow it if you can". We can't. God even fudged on things like divorce to help us out!

Darwin dealt with the facts he had and built his theory on it. I am simply putting some facts in front of you about the Bible that YOU ignore.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#19665 Feb 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee..... I wonder how Candy Crowley made it in the news business, and you didn't.
Candy's nice, but I so adore a fem lesbian. Kimare's wife knows what I'm talking about.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#19666 Feb 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
For someone who claims to adhere strictly to evidence, you sure ignore the fact of a world that screws up everything it gets it's hands on...
And how do I ignore that fact? When did I claim that this is a world that DOESN'T screw up? Humans are agressive, superstitious animals. Of COURSE they screw up. But they can do a lot of good, too, when they work at it. Productive, cooperative interaction is HARD WORK. People have to WANT it. Too many people are greedy, power hungry, and cruel. I don't see that clergy are exempt from that. If religion was so great, then the Middle East would be the most peaceful, unified area in the world. Let me check the news...
KiMare wrote:
Then you turn around and not only castigate those who are trying to deal with it, you BLAME it on them!
If only they would dispense with telling people that they're "broken", and quit with the pointless praying, and get down to the evidence-based WORK that's necessary to help the world run better, then they could contribute to our mutual success, rather than tearing us apart over nonsense disputes about whose ghosts are more powerful.
KiMare wrote:
You top it off with a conspiracy theory that religion is simply a scam.
Conspiracy theory? That's rich, coming from someone who believes that an alien culture developed interstellar travel just to come here and tell us to worship them and beat our slaves, and then vanished entirely.

Religion IS a scam. Collection plates for an all-powerful god. Exorcisms. 100% unsubstantiated faith "healings". Vague and unfulfilled predictions. 100's of "scriptures". 1000's of sects. Billions of contradictory beliefs. If religion were true, there'd only be ONE. Instead, EVERYONE gets to claim that they're right, and everyone else is wrong. With no more proof than their "feelings" about ghosts and spirits.
KiMare wrote:
As to morality, you assert that religion harms the effort. Please, give me a real world example where the absence of religion does a better job?
Science. Humanism. Simple altruism. People don't need supernaturalism to do good. They just need empathy.
KiMare wrote:
Communism was the latest,'greatest' effort...
Communism is a form of ECONOMY, not a religion. Communists can be religious or not.
KiMare wrote:
Moreover, the failure of sincere religious people simply affirms the degree of brokenness we are infected with.
No, it affirms the scam. What god would create broken people?
KiMare wrote:
If you understand Judeo/Christian doctrine, you would know that was the whole point of God giving the Israelites the Law. "Here is the standard, follow it if you can". We can't. God even fudged on things like divorce to help us out!
Yeah, what a guy. He also "fudged" on his own "don't kill" rule. He gave instructions on how hard to beat your slaves, and when to kill a woman who's not a virgin, and when to bash in babies' skulls.

What was the POINT of these laws? So he would have someone to throw into Hell? Couldn't he FORESEE what would happen?
KiMare wrote:
Darwin dealt with the facts he had and built his theory on it. I am simply putting some facts in front of you about the Bible that YOU ignore.
Well, I've ASKED you to put these facts in front of me, so I could examine them, but you haven't done it. Again, could I get those chapters and verses that you believe describe aliens and ore-descriptions? I'm TRYING to assess your claims, but you need to provide their exact source. Chapter and verse, please, and I'll take a look.

I notice you didn't even attempt to answer a SINGLE ONE of my questions, or address ANY of the biblical contradictions I raised. Fair is fair, don't you think?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#19667 Feb 8, 2013
Kimare, takes a licking
(lord, I wish)
and keeps on ticking.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19668 Feb 16, 2013
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot Patricia's 106 posts as wrongrighter_wins. One should always endeavor for accuracy. ;-)
link: http://www.topix.com/member/profile/wrongrigh...
drives you mad doesn't it? HAHAHAHAA

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#19669 Feb 16, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>drives you mad doesn't it? HAHAHAHAA
Oh look, crazy Patty's at it again.

Since: May 11

Bo'ness, UK

#19670 Feb 16, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony of you calling anyone mad is simply off the scale.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#19671 Feb 16, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your numerous sock puppets don't "drive me mad", Patricia. They're simply symptoms of YOUR descent into madness.

Since: Feb 12

undisclosed USA

#19672 Feb 16, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
But it doesn't drive you mad that you are "sue" indian using a cherokee salutation in your avatar - and can't even spell it right.

United in faith
“O'si yo!”

http://speakcherokee.blogspot.com/2011/10/dee...

Why not just pee obnoxious words in the snow?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19674 Feb 20, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantastic! i am pleased that my interchanging id's bug the snot out of you........
So you finally admit you've been lying (and thereby deliberately breaking one of the Ten Commandments) all along.

Typical fundie hypocrite.

Feel free to not bother responding, troll.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#19675 Feb 20, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantastic! i am pleased that my interchanging id's bug the snot out of you........
I have come to the conclusion they need to round up the gays, and ship them to an island all of their own.
oh wait thats already in progress, its called CALAFORNIA! haha
Betty wants me off topix.
apparently she has first dibs on here....
and like you, she doesn't want people on here discussing anything remotely close to biblical truth.
so if i don't get off topix she will continue to spoon feed her gay customers info on my life and add to it lies and lies and lies with the intent of damaging my 'person'.
LOL
isn't that a hoot?
so in order to shield my mother who is a elderly and very sick woman,from any more undue family drama caused by betty i am gonna have to take my discussions to another site completely and let her have topix.
good thing about it is that there are LOTS of sites on the computer one can discuss issues and share the Gospel on, other than topix.
maybe i will luck out and run across one with mature and well mannered people! instead of stalkers, and demented minded people who just want to 'get even' all the time. I can hope.
Don't let the door hit ya...

Montreal

#19676 Feb 20, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>Fantastic! i am pleased that my interchanging id's bug the snot out of you........

I have come to the conclusion they need to round up the gays, and ship them to an island all of their own.

and like you, she doesn't want people on here discussing anything remotely close to biblical truth.
so if i don't get off topix she will continue to spoon feed her gay customers info on my life and add to it lies and lies and lies with the intent of damaging my 'person'.
LOL
isn't that a hoot?
so in order to shield my mother who is a elderly and very sick woman,from any more undue family drama caused by betty i am gonna have to take my discussions to another site completely and let her have topix.
good thing about it is that there are LOTS of sites on the computer one can discuss issues and share the Gospel on, other than topix.
maybe i will luck out and run across one with mature and well mannered people! instead of stalkers, and demented minded people who just want to 'get even' all the time. I can hope.
Patty, you'll never leave...saying so every time only provides more evidence that you are a liar.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#19677 Feb 20, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Kimare, takes a licking
(lord, I wish)
and keeps on ticking.
I think the aliens finally came and got him!

Location hidden

#19678 Feb 20, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the aliens finally came and got him!
Anal sex is the key identifying factor of gays. It is the most intimate act between gays. You know I'm talking about the essence of homosexuality when I bring up anal sex.

As to it' inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature, I simply post a medical site that labels it a violation of design, THE MOST DANGEROUS SEXUAL ACT OF ALL, and REQUIRING an anal condom and lubrication to even begin to bring it into a risky behavior! You never mention the issue of playing in fecal matter, because even denial has a hard time getting past that. Moreover, you prove the demeaning nature by your forklift backing up when anyone addresses the issue.

Instead you throw out the gay twirl mantra,'everybody does it', as if that makes it okay. Childish reasoning at the most.

All of this denies the obvious. If the anus had evolved for intercourse, it would be a vagina. Instead, it ends up being a default hole because gays have no option for a vagina.

As to epi-marker mistakes, thank you for a the reference to study.

Your defense however is silly. Nature does have it's reasons, and the study is an example of humans understanding them.

In this case, epi-marker 'notes' are accidentally left on the genetic code of opposite gender children of a parent. They have even identified situations where the accident most often occurs.

It is quickly becoming obvious that reality will require GLBT's to face the fact that they are in the ranks of the genetically handicapped. I would suggest you will find far less opposition developing rights by operating from a basis of reality, that historically people know by intuition, rather than demanding that people accept your denial.

Think about it.

Montreal

#19679 Feb 20, 2013
Oh look, the forever wrong Kmart is back.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#19680 Feb 20, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd you draw that conclusion from my post, Patricia? I said the exact opposite:

"Your numerous sock puppets don't "drive me mad"

Why do you always lie about what I've posted?
United in faith wrote:
California isn't an island, Patricia. Did you sleep through US geography?
United in faith wrote:
What does your intra-family squabble have to do with me, Patricia?
United in faith wrote:
I've never said you couldn't exercise your freedom of speech here, Patricia. However, the crap you preach isn't remotely "biblical truth".
United in faith wrote:
LOL
isn't that a hoot?
HL and PLH aren't here "customers" as they don't live anywhere near Russell Springs, Patricia. Are there that many gays living in the Russell Springs area that they can damage your "person"?
United in faith wrote:
Another proclamation of leaving, Patricia? And now you're blaming it on someone who has posted what, a handful of times using the unregistered name "Betty"? Always the drama queen.
United in faith wrote:
Unless you find a forum with exact carbon copies of yourself, Patricia, you'll invariably insult most of them and then condemn them to hell for the sin of disagreeing with you. Leopards can't change their spots, Patricia and neither can you change your personality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 5 min Hetero Pilgrims 93
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 min Frankie Rizzo 15,871
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 16 min Mrs R Fire 5
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 16 min lides 181
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 20 min lides 38,763
News This Gay Couple Went Looking for a 3rd on Jack'... 21 min I Hate Queers 2
News Trial to begin for Hasidic man accused of beati... 50 min Fa-Foxy 2
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 2 hr Humpty Dumpty 76
More from around the web