So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,015

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#19548 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out the difference between honest evaluation and a ignorant, sacrilegious scoffing of things you do not understand.
A rational person would honestly weigh both sides. You don't.
Snicker.
A rational person who claims to be a gender authority would have no need to be in these threads denigrating others like a school-yard bully.

Look between your legs, dearie; your mangina is glowing from Biblical times radiation.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#19549 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? Please clarify.
Smile.
Did I stutter?

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#19550 Feb 1, 2013
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
A rational person who claims to be a gender authority would have no need to be in these threads denigrating others like a school-yard bully.
Look between your legs, dearie; your mangina is glowing from Biblical times radiation.
KiMare isn't really a truck-driving, former pastor in TN....he's Old Greg.

straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#19551 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>You invisible sky daddy .
maybe its two sky mommas that you just think equate to a daddy?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#19552 Feb 1, 2013
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare isn't really a truck-driving, former pastor in TN....he's Old Greg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4LZo9ugJTWQXX
Geez, I had forgotten about that one.
Sure looks like Bruce Willis.
*eye roll*

Montreal

#19553 Feb 1, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>maybe its two sky mommas that you just think equate to a daddy?
Maybe you think juvenile comments like these make you look any more like a lawyer?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#19554 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I'm simply pointing out the difference between honest evaluation and a ignorant, sacrilegious scoffing of things you do not understand.
A rational person would honestly weigh both sides. You don't.
Snicker.
I have weighed both sides.

Talking animals and magic fruit trees have no weight.

Claims of "morality" from a book containing the finer rules of slavery, and rules of killing non-virgin brides, have no weight.

There are more than just "both" sides of this. The Bible is not alone on this planet, when it comes to books claiming divine authorship. There are THOUSANDS of "sides" to this, if you want to weigh ALL sides.

They can't all be right. But they CAN all be wrong.

I don't know what makes you think I haven't looked into this. Religion and belief are fascinating subjects to me. I study them often. But I don't toss out my critical thinking skills on the word of talking snakes and donkeys. Mythology is a common human experience. Ancient people sought magical explanations for the things they didn't understand. The did it all around the world, and in every culture. But these "explanations" do not jibe with one another, rendering them unreliable.

We have better methods today for finding REAL explanations. We need to be able to step back and be objective about ancient mythologies. They don't stand up to scrutiny.

A couple passages about rosy faces or tumors don't constitute a "perfect description of radiation". Go to Wikipedia for a BETTER explanation, which will include talk of electron shells, half-life, and the electromagnetic spectrum.

A science fiction writer from the 60's came up with the idea of the Prime Directive, a terrific ethical philosophy to use if we ever conquer deep space travel. A philosophy which your Aliens violated heedlessly (and allegedly).

ANOTHER science fiction writer from the 60's invented his own religion, which bilks people out of millions and exerts frightening control over people in order to promote its ideas of Thetans and alien souls trapped in volcanoes being shuttled to Earth via DC-10 aircraft.

That religion resembles all others, FAR more than ANY of them resemble the rigors of investigative science. The "weighing" has been done, and religion doesn't tip the scales an ounce. It's a fascinating study for understanding primitive humanity, but it's no insight into the the truths of nature.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19555 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I stutter?
You accused me of being an adulterer.

You didn't stutter, you slandered.

Smile.

Location hidden

#19556 Feb 1, 2013
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare isn't really a truck-driving, former pastor in TN....he's Old Greg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4LZo9ugJTWQXX
:-)

Location hidden

#19557 Feb 1, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I have weighed both sides.
Talking animals and magic fruit trees have no weight.
Claims of "morality" from a book containing the finer rules of slavery, and rules of killing non-virgin brides, have no weight.
There are more than just "both" sides of this. The Bible is not alone on this planet, when it comes to books claiming divine authorship. There are THOUSANDS of "sides" to this, if you want to weigh ALL sides.
They can't all be right. But they CAN all be wrong.
I don't know what makes you think I haven't looked into this. Religion and belief are fascinating subjects to me. I study them often. But I don't toss out my critical thinking skills on the word of talking snakes and donkeys. Mythology is a common human experience. Ancient people sought magical explanations for the things they didn't understand. The did it all around the world, and in every culture. But these "explanations" do not jibe with one another, rendering them unreliable.
We have better methods today for finding REAL explanations. We need to be able to step back and be objective about ancient mythologies. They don't stand up to scrutiny.
A couple passages about rosy faces or tumors don't constitute a "perfect description of radiation". Go to Wikipedia for a BETTER explanation, which will include talk of electron shells, half-life, and the electromagnetic spectrum.
A science fiction writer from the 60's came up with the idea of the Prime Directive, a terrific ethical philosophy to use if we ever conquer deep space travel. A philosophy which your Aliens violated heedlessly (and allegedly).
ANOTHER science fiction writer from the 60's invented his own religion, which bilks people out of millions and exerts frightening control over people in order to promote its ideas of Thetans and alien souls trapped in volcanoes being shuttled to Earth via DC-10 aircraft.
That religion resembles all others, FAR more than ANY of them resemble the rigors of investigative science. The "weighing" has been done, and religion doesn't tip the scales an ounce. It's a fascinating study for understanding primitive humanity, but it's no insight into the the truths of nature.
I mention ONE point in time. A extra terrestrial visit with profound expressions we only understand now and consequences that distinguish a culture LIKE NO OTHER.

You brush it aside as nothing. Hardly rational or fair.

Give me a break.

Smirk.
Kimares Cooter

Burlington, WI

#19558 Feb 1, 2013
There were aliens.
There was radiation.
The space-ship took Kimare up and performed sex experiments on her vagina.
She's all aglow.

Montreal

#19559 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
Slander is the act of speaking false statements of another and attributing to defamation of character.
It is not a false statement, and you already defame your own character in every post.

Since: May 11

UK

#19561 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
for an utterance to be slander it must be a falsehood....

Location hidden

#19562 Feb 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
for an utterance to be slander it must be a falsehood....
Exactly.

Smile.

Montreal

#19563 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.

Smile.
And so you slander by calling it slander.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#19564 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I mention ONE point in time. A extra terrestrial visit with profound expressions we only understand now and consequences that distinguish a culture LIKE NO OTHER.
You brush it aside as nothing. Hardly rational or fair.
Give me a break.
Smirk.
"One point in time" doesn't exist in a vacuum. The Bible is an extended, connected narrative (according to some). If you're going to assert that ONE event in the Bible is explained by aliens, doesn't that make you wonder about the REST of the Bible? Did these aliens just VANISH after their encounter with Moses? Is there ANY other part of the Bible that they recur in? Don't question any of this? It's disingenuous for you to criticize me for not believing you, when you don't seem to examine any of this yourself.

I would guess that you represent about 1%(or less) of Bible-believers, in that you find aliens to be a plausible explanation of its events. The VAST majority of Christians do NOT consider "aliens" to be the explanation of ANY event in the Bible. They believe that it's a deity, who revealed himself AS a deity, and that this deity explains EVERY event in the Bible. You don't seem to. Are you sure that YOU'RE being rational and fair? Have you absolutely ruled out the possiblity that these ancient people made this all UP? The Greeks did. The Romans did. The Mayans did. The Aztecs. The Hindus. The Shintos. Sikhs. Incas. Iriquois. Navajo. Baha'i. Buddhists. Zoroastrians. Shamanists. Santarists. Osainistas. Jainists.

Need I go on? I sure could.

This is a preponderance of evidence which suggests that HUMANS MAKE SHIT UP. If you're going to be "rational and fair", then I think that you have to consider ALL these.

Being "rational" means looking at the supernatural parts of the Bible (or ANY belief system), and considering that there just MIGHT be another explanation. In the history of human scientific exploration and discovery, nothing has EVER been found to have a supernatural explanation. Why should we just ASSUME it here?

What exactly IS it that you think counts as "profound expression"? That these aliens told us not to kill each other? Not to steal from each other? Humans could figure that much out. We just have to consider how much we like being killed or stolen from! I sure don't! Was it the rules about not eating pork or shellfish? Humans can learn that from trial and error. Eating things that aren't prepared properly can make you sick. But LOTS of foods do that. Why such a short list? Where's the chicken or beef? They can kill too. Why no instructions on HOW to prepare foods so that doesn't happen? Why did these aliens swoop in and then disappear without any OTHER help?

In the 1960's, one science fiction writer came up with the "Prime Directive", a terrific philosophy of not interfering with developing cultures, that we should consider using if we ever conquer deep space travels. And, a philosophy which your aliens violated heedlessly.

Also in the 60's, another science fiction writer came up with his own religion, one which bilks people out of MILLIONS, and which exerts frightening control to promote its ideas of Thetans, and alien souls trapped in volcanos, shuttled to Earth via DC-10 aircraft.

Humans are capable of great extremes of invention and imagination. But I see no reason to consider ANY of it to be true, without explanatory evidence. Of COURSE I brush it aside. It fits PERFECTLY with all of the other myths of antiquity, and it doesn't fit at ALL with what we've discovered through scientific inquiry. Science requires rigorous standards of demonstration, repetition, testability, and MOST importantly, falsifiability. If your beliefs don't have THAT, then they SHOULD be brushed aside. Speculation should NOT be given the same weight as confirmation. Give me THAT, and I'll give your ideas equal consideration. Otherwise, give me some ANSWERS to the list of things I asked. Jesus. Samson. Balaam. Babel. These questions deserve rationality TOO.

Location hidden

#19565 Feb 2, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
"One point in time" doesn't exist in a vacuum. The Bible is an extended, connected narrative (according to some). If you're going to assert that ONE event in the Bible is explained by aliens, doesn't that make you wonder about the REST of the Bible?...These questions deserve rationality TOO.
I never limited it to one point in the Bible. I've noted profound truths found in the Creation discourse. The InVitro prediction and fulfillment through Mary, and the resulting impact of the child. I have also picked out scientific truths only discovered in our times reflected in different OT Laws. That is just a start.

Moreover, that one point in time involves more than all the accurate distinct implications of radiation. the accuracy and results of the Alien challenge, the picture of a presence (space craft) hovering and leading them give a consistent and accurate picture. Your claim that it is simply fiction in a mistranslated and distorted book simply doesn't make sense. All you do is ignore it's presence and point to other things.

Nor does my accurate terminology of an extra terrestrial visit conflict with people who recognize His qualifications to be God.

The ONLY explanation of that account is a historical event!

You mention other religions. Yes there are many religions. Present in every culture. Always involving an attempt to fix human brokenness. Again, you ignore the profundity and focus on other things.

Again, hardly a fair and balance opinion.

As to your questions, I've never claimed to have the answers for every question about the Bible. Nor am I required to answer your questions when you brush aside the single question I presented.

My point is that when someone throws a baby out with bathwater, there is another issue besides the baby. I suggest your issue is with God, and not the Bible. Explains your fixation on a Being you claim doesn't exist and a fiction book.

Smile.

Location hidden

#19566 Feb 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And so you slander by calling it slander.
The 'C' in Tony stands for a capitalized 'Coward'.

He makes assertions and then avoids the challenge to back them up.

He lies and then runs when challenged to validate them.

As his bitch girl, perhaps you would like to validate his slander of adultery?

Frankly, I'm hardly surprised Coward and you align yourselves with a letter to the White House that never accuses me of adultery. When that is all you've got for substance and character, you're stuck.

Smirk.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#19567 Feb 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'C' in Tony stands for a capitalized 'Coward'.
He makes assertions and then avoids the challenge to back them up.
He lies and then runs when challenged to validate them.
As his bitch girl, perhaps you would like to validate his slander of adultery?
Frankly, I'm hardly surprised Coward and you align yourselves with a letter to the White House that never accuses me of adultery. When that is all you've got for substance and character, you're stuck.
Smirk.
Who's running? Sorry, I don't live on topix 24/7 like the defect that is you.

Someone here said you were an adulterer. Do you deny it? Why do you think they would say that?

Did you have relations with a married person other than your own spouse? Did you break up a marriage or some other Jerry Springer white trash drama?

Come clean.

Location hidden

#19568 Feb 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's running? Sorry, I don't live on topix 24/7 like the defect that is you.
Someone here said you were an adulterer. Do you deny it? Why do you think they would say that?
Did you have relations with a married person other than your own spouse? Did you break up a marriage or some other Jerry Springer white trash drama?
Come clean.
You repeat hearsay as fact?

Pardon me, your character is showing.

You have no rational counter to the facts I state, so you resort to ad homoan attacks and slander.

Adultery isn't the issue here.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay veterans get OK for Boston's St. Patrick's ... 4 min Cordwainer Trout 21
Seoul's Mayor Apologizes for Nixing Gay Rights ... 4 min Ainu 7
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min Cali Girl 2014 26,567
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 35 min NorCal Native 2,781
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 46 min Terra Firma 5,213
Why (R1) Righteous One is a POS (Dec '12) 50 min YoMaMa 57
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 55 min cpeter1313 4
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 4,920
Trio to fight gay assault case at evidence hearing 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 19