So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#19530 Jan 31, 2013
NoQ wrote:
Trivia Question : Why are most Fa$$ots atheist?
Because most of today's surviving myths are hateful, primitive, patriarchal, tribal, pointless and foolish.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#19532 Jan 31, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG ANSWER
Because if Fa$$ots believed in God, they would have to believe in the Bible. If they believed in the Bible, they would have to know it condemns homosexuality at every turn. In turn they would have to know that their perverted fetishes are wrong, perverted, & abnormal. Therefore preferring not to believe in God cause their perverted desires are stronger than their desire to believe.
You invisible sky daddy and his book of myths are irrelevant.

Since: May 11

Edinburgh, UK

#19533 Jan 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
People ask me for his autograph all the time.
Smile.
...do you work with the blind and partially sighted?
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#19534 Jan 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...do you work with the blind and partially sighted?
lol
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#19536 Jan 31, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I just give you the answer Fa$$ot, don't blame me cause you don't like it.
Blame you? Who's blaming you? Did you miss the short bus today?

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#19537 Jan 31, 2013
NoQ wrote:
WRONG ANSWER
Because if Fa$$ots believed in God, they would have to believe in the Bible. If they believed in the Bible, they would have to know it condemns homosexuality at every turn. In turn they would have to know that their perverted fetishes are wrong, perverted, & abnormal. Therefore preferring not to believe in God cause their perverted desires are stronger than their desire to believe.
But if we believed in the Bible, then we would have to believe in magic and talking animals. We would have to abandon our sense of rationality and logic. The world doesn't run on ghosts and goblins and unicorns. When someone makes a convincing, evidence-based case for a god who creates feeling beings and then throws them into the fire for eternity if they don't toe the line, even though he can see the future and could've prevented the whole thing, THEN maybe I'll consider believing such nonsense.

In the meantime, the Bible goes on the fantasy-fiction shelf, alongside the Quran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, the Buddhist Tripitaka, and the Mayan Popol Vuh. I have no intention of tossing out my critical thinking skills in favor of the slave-loving, woman-hating myths of Bronze Age shepherds and fisherman.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19541 Jan 31, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're just a plain old adulterer.
What do you mean? Please clarify.

Smile.

Location hidden

#19542 Jan 31, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
But if we believed in the Bible, then we would have to believe in magic and talking animals. We would have to abandon our sense of rationality and logic. The world doesn't run on ghosts and goblins and unicorns. When someone makes a convincing, evidence-based case for a god who creates feeling beings and then throws them into the fire for eternity if they don't toe the line, even though he can see the future and could've prevented the whole thing, THEN maybe I'll consider believing such nonsense.
In the meantime, the Bible goes on the fantasy-fiction shelf, alongside the Quran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, the Buddhist Tripitaka, and the Mayan Popol Vuh. I have no intention of tossing out my critical thinking skills in favor of the slave-loving, woman-hating myths of Bronze Age shepherds and fisherman.
Except that you can't explain the Alien who gave the Law that created the most significant culture in history. Heck, you can't even explain the perfect description of radiation when He gave the Law to Moses!

Snicker.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#19543 Jan 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you can't explain the Alien who gave the Law that created the most significant culture in history. Heck, you can't even explain the perfect description of radiation when He gave the Law to Moses!
Snicker.
That's your hangup, Kuntmare.
Troll on, mangina man.
Passing Through

Cincinnati, OH

#19544 Jan 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a psychotic predator and he went to jail for his behavior towards my family and I.
Should be obvious to any sane person. Appears most on here need a letter validating theirs...
Snicker.
I don't disagree your accuser appears to have more than his fair share of mental issues and eccentricities. However, I wasn't commenting on his accusations against you per se but rather was giving you a heads up that one of the docuemnts posted on his site contains what he asserts is your social security number. I have no way of knowing if it is or not and granted his website likely doesn't get a lot of traffic, but if it really is what he asserts it's not something that should be casually posted on the internet.

But hey, if it's of no concern to you, I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it either.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#19545 Jan 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Snicker.
There's no need to explain what never happened.

Did your "alien" (or "Alien" capitalized?) order people to worship it, and to have no other Aliens/gods before it? Is that the basis of this amazing "Law"? Did the Alien insist on all these capital letters?

Did this Alien give Balaam's donkey the gift of speech?

Did the Alien flood the world? And then un-flood it?

Did this Alien scramble the languages of the people building the Tower of Babel?

Did your Alien come up with the rules for slavery, like who to enslave, how long to enslave them, and how hard to beat them?

Did this Alien come up with the Levitical laws, like not cutting your hair, not wearing mixed fibers, and not getting tattoos?

Did they forbid the eating of pork and shellfish, while neglecting to give simple instructions on how to prepare them properly.

Was Jesus one of these Aliens?

Was Samson an Alien? Or did the Aliens only power up his hair?

Do these Aliens play any roles in any of the OTHER world religions? Did they give Mohammad a Pegasus? Did they live on Mount Olympus? Did they command Aztec ritual sacrifices? Did they tell Buddha about reincarnation? Did they unleash the Rakshasas?

Do OTHER Christians agree with you about your Alien theories? Do you get a lot of support from your pastor? Do the Aliens talk to the Pope?

Will I get any sensible answers to these questions?

snicker
snort
smile
cough cough HIC!
haaaackkk ptui
excuse me!
snicker

ahhh, good times.

Location hidden

#19546 Feb 1, 2013
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree your accuser appears to have more than his fair share of mental issues and eccentricities. However, I wasn't commenting on his accusations against you per se but rather was giving you a heads up that one of the docuemnts posted on his site contains what he asserts is your social security number. I have no way of knowing if it is or not and granted his website likely doesn't get a lot of traffic, but if it really is what he asserts it's not something that should be casually posted on the internet.
But hey, if it's of no concern to you, I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it either.
Of course that was noticed.

Why would you want to then accentuate that information?

Smile.

Location hidden

#19547 Feb 1, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to explain what never happened.
Did your "alien" (or "Alien" capitalized?) order people to worship it, and to have no other Aliens/gods before it? Is that the basis of this amazing "Law"? Did the Alien insist on all these capital letters?
Did this Alien give Balaam's donkey the gift of speech?
Did the Alien flood the world? And then un-flood it?
Did this Alien scramble the languages of the people building the Tower of Babel?
Did your Alien come up with the rules for slavery, like who to enslave, how long to enslave them, and how hard to beat them?
Did this Alien come up with the Levitical laws, like not cutting your hair, not wearing mixed fibers, and not getting tattoos?
Did they forbid the eating of pork and shellfish, while neglecting to give simple instructions on how to prepare them properly.
Was Jesus one of these Aliens?
Was Samson an Alien? Or did the Aliens only power up his hair?
Do these Aliens play any roles in any of the OTHER world religions? Did they give Mohammad a Pegasus? Did they live on Mount Olympus? Did they command Aztec ritual sacrifices? Did they tell Buddha about reincarnation? Did they unleash the Rakshasas?
Do OTHER Christians agree with you about your Alien theories? Do you get a lot of support from your pastor? Do the Aliens talk to the Pope?
Will I get any sensible answers to these questions?
snicker
snort
smile
cough cough HIC!
haaaackkk ptui
excuse me!
snicker
ahhh, good times.
I'm simply pointing out the difference between honest evaluation and a ignorant, sacrilegious scoffing of things you do not understand.

A rational person would honestly weigh both sides. You don't.

Snicker.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#19548 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out the difference between honest evaluation and a ignorant, sacrilegious scoffing of things you do not understand.
Snicker.
A rational person who claims to be a gender authority would have no need to be in these threads denigrating others like a school-yard bully.

Look between your legs, dearie; your mangina is glowing from Biblical times radiation.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#19549 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? Please clarify.
Smile.
Did I stutter?

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#19550 Feb 1, 2013
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
A rational person who claims to be a gender authority would have no need to be in these threads denigrating others like a school-yard bully.
Look between your legs, dearie; your mangina is glowing from Biblical times radiation.
KiMare isn't really a truck-driving, former pastor in TN....he's Old Greg.

straight shooter

Barre, VT

#19551 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>You invisible sky daddy .
maybe its two sky mommas that you just think equate to a daddy?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#19552 Feb 1, 2013
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare isn't really a truck-driving, former pastor in TN....he's Old Greg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4LZo9ugJTWQXX
Geez, I had forgotten about that one.
Sure looks like Bruce Willis.
*eye roll*

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#19553 Feb 1, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>maybe its two sky mommas that you just think equate to a daddy?
Maybe you think juvenile comments like these make you look any more like a lawyer?

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#19554 Feb 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Snicker.
I have weighed both sides.

Talking animals and magic fruit trees have no weight.

Claims of "morality" from a book containing the finer rules of slavery, and rules of killing non-virgin brides, have no weight.

There are more than just "both" sides of this. The Bible is not alone on this planet, when it comes to books claiming divine authorship. There are THOUSANDS of "sides" to this, if you want to weigh ALL sides.

They can't all be right. But they CAN all be wrong.

I don't know what makes you think I haven't looked into this. Religion and belief are fascinating subjects to me. I study them often. But I don't toss out my critical thinking skills on the word of talking snakes and donkeys. Mythology is a common human experience. Ancient people sought magical explanations for the things they didn't understand. The did it all around the world, and in every culture. But these "explanations" do not jibe with one another, rendering them unreliable.

We have better methods today for finding REAL explanations. We need to be able to step back and be objective about ancient mythologies. They don't stand up to scrutiny.

A couple passages about rosy faces or tumors don't constitute a "perfect description of radiation". Go to Wikipedia for a BETTER explanation, which will include talk of electron shells, half-life, and the electromagnetic spectrum.

A science fiction writer from the 60's came up with the idea of the Prime Directive, a terrific ethical philosophy to use if we ever conquer deep space travel. A philosophy which your Aliens violated heedlessly (and allegedly).

ANOTHER science fiction writer from the 60's invented his own religion, which bilks people out of millions and exerts frightening control over people in order to promote its ideas of Thetans and alien souls trapped in volcanoes being shuttled to Earth via DC-10 aircraft.

That religion resembles all others, FAR more than ANY of them resemble the rigors of investigative science. The "weighing" has been done, and religion doesn't tip the scales an ounce. It's a fascinating study for understanding primitive humanity, but it's no insight into the the truths of nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 11 min who cares 22,561
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 12 min WasteWater 2,200
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min lides 43,082
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 53 min crucifiedguy 4,744
News Kentucky Has a Gay Senate Candidate - Does Anyb... 1 hr Truffles5450 20
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 6 hr Sorry Hill 54
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 7 hr guest 534
More from around the web