So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15430 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
NEVER! I am not ashamed of the Gospel..... it is life to the believer.
I love God and i intend to live my life doing what i know is right and pleasing unto Him.
OK, so you are just an hypocrite. Got it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15431 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you wish to discuss what a true Christian is?
do you own a bible?
telling someone that something is wrong according to the bible is NOT in any way attacking.
you might not like to hear the truth, but you can't call it attacking simply because someone tells you what the bible says about something.
thats babyish on your part.
Patty, you know that has never been what concerns us about your posts here. F8kk what is wrong according to the Bible. It is the fact that you have attacked other people here constantly. It is not that you believe in God, or that you think you have proof that God exists. It is your f**king bigotry and direct persecution of other human beings.

You are a bigot and a hate monger, and you are also not a Christian according to your own definition, because a Christian by your definition would never act the way you act on this site.

Don't throw that one back at me, Patty, because I am not a Christian.

You are the perfect example of everything that Jesus was trying to stop people from doing.

Location hidden

#15432 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
no the problem here is that you are making it about me and refusing to accept the truth as given in the ancient scriptures.
the problem here is your hate of instruction and love of self and sin.
I am simply standing in agreement with biblical teaching.
You are not our instructor, and we are not here to be instructed about the Bible or God; we are here to discuss whatever happens to be the topic of the thread. Anyone who wants to be instructed about God can very easily find a church, or get themselves a Bible to read. They certainly don't need to go on a site on the internet which is discussing gay rights or gay marriages, and be instructed about what the words in the Bible say.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#15433 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
If you don't stand up for something you will fall for anything.
Some of us stand up for...

"confirming information before calling it a belief"

and

"being skeptical in the face of unproven or unprovable claims"

I think these are important things to stand for. They KEEP you from "falling for" scams and charlatans.
United in faith wrote:
apparently you are comfy and cozy in your sin to the point you could care less if you ever know the truth.
so you remain lazy in your efforts to SEEK OUT GOD in truth.
Some of us ask question after question after question, in an EXHAUSTIVE search for "truth", and we keep in mind that "truth" may OR MAY NOT include gods.

Some of those questions go forever unanswered, and sometimes we have to assume that this is because the people we are asking do not actually HAVE the answers that they claim to have.
United in faith wrote:
I don't intend to preach to you
read the bible if you care about your soul
otherwise ........ well, whatever.........
Some of us don't find the Bible to be reliable, since it includes magic, fictional creatures, talking animals, anthropomorphization of the supernatural, and wildly unjust examples of "morality".

Some of us recognize that the Bible is NOT the only "scripture" on Earth, and that other scriptures have millions of followers who claim that THEIR "truth" is the correct one.

Some of us don't even know if there IS a such thing as a "soul", because all the questioning and research and study in the world has never revealed one. We DO care about being kind to one another, to help make a happier, healthier, smoother-running society.

That will never come from absolutist claims about what the supernatural demands from us, nor from legislation which supports those supernatural speculations.

"So, what is it that the anti-gay groups actually fear?"

Being wrong.

Without skepticism, without questions that can be answered, without logic and reason and critical thought and analysis, religion is nothing but GUESSES about supernatural possibilities.

Location hidden

#15434 Dec 14, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha....To me it looked like the back of a woman wearing a blue see-through nightgown.
Yes, that was a good possibility too, but when I actually saw the larger version I was totally flabbergasted because I never saw an angel in it.

The angel then made me think that the troll who has been using the photo of an angel who has been posting her a lot recently, but before with a different name, is also Patty, as she may have got two angel pictures from the same source. I am still debating that one though as, though there are some similarities in posts, there are other differences, that I am not sure Patty would be able to post.

Location hidden

#15435 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and my point was to you (with proof) that God says you can be His enemy through unbelief.
that was my point plh
you are looking at it from YOUR point of view and calling it fact when you should be looking at it from God's point of view which is truth.
atheists ARE enemies of God through their unbelief.
thats bibical truth.
Patty, do you not have the slightest clue, that you are getting so much flack on here because you do such a horrible job of lying, and also that you are by far the worst bigot on this site, bar none?

Location hidden

#15436 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't stand up for something you will fall for anything.
apparently you are comfy and cozy in your sin to the point you could care less if you ever know the truth.
so you remain lazy in your efforts to SEEK OUT GOD in truth.
I don't intend to preach to you
read the bible if you care about your soul
otherwise ........ well, whatever.........
Well I believe in standing up for something, and one of those is the right of all man to be able to go onto the internet on a discussion site and not be badgered and attacked because they are gay, which is not a crime in your country. I will continue to stand up for that right of man, even if it eventually gets you arrested or put into a mental facility for the insane.

I have a letter with the RS police now. All I have to do is phone them, and tell them that I want an investigation done, which at the present time, I am not planning to do, on the advice of several other people from this site.

However, it is not because of your bigotry that I contacted the police, but simply because of the claim by a RS resident which stated that you were a danger to your own mother. If that was told as a lie to harm you, then perhaps you should be the one talking to the cops.

At least then they would know that the report they received by email was a false lead, and could file it away.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15437 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what? like i do? i have never grown tobacco or profited money from it.
I didn't say you personally grew tobacco or profited from it. I said you assisted "those who grow tobacco prepare their crop for market (like you do) so it can be turned into products that kill and harm other human beings." You one weekend you were going to help a friend prepare their tobacco so they could "put food on the table". As if tobacco is the only cash crop one can grow.
United in faith wrote:
so let me get this straight, you think i should toss my faith out the door,(do like you do) make up my own rules that comply with the worlds philosophies. Ignor God's word, and embrace what HE calls as vile and shameful in the bible and get on here and tell gays they are right, and what they do is perfectly acceptable to God? Is that what you are trying to say?
No, I did not remotely say anything like that in the post to which you responded. Are you drunk?
United in faith wrote:
Because the thing is, you are not God
my instruction comes from God and the bible NOT you.
I have to do what is right for me, not the world.
And others have to do what is right for them, not you.
United in faith wrote:
and coming on here and lying about scriptures, pretending and ignoring truth is not who i am or how i live my life.
No one makes you come Topix to do anything, Patricia. Witnessing and/or proselytizing others in Topix is almost NEVER the topic of any thread in Topix, much less the ones you choose to participate in.
United in faith wrote:
you are welcome to live your life how ever you choose.
but you are not welcome to tell me i should accept things that are immoral and wrong just so you can frolick in your carnal choices.
No one i telling you to "accept things that are immoral and wrong", Patricia. I'm telling to stop lying telling lies about anonymous internet posters by claiming they're "sexually immoral" without any proof whatsoever.
United in faith wrote:
I answer to God, NOT YOU.
Indeed, Nor do I answer to. However, when you willfully lie repeatedly about me and others in Topix, you reap what you sow. Which is why I commented the other day God works in mysterious ways.
United in faith wrote:
I will not compromise my faith to apease you or anyone.
But you certainly have no problem lying incessantly in the name of God or your faith, Patricia. Modeling your faith by breaking its rules and telling others not to do likewise is not the most effective means of bringing others to God. But then that's never really been your purpose since you previously admitted you here to score brownie points with God come your Judgment Day.

Location hidden

#15438 Dec 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
United In Faith (AKA: Pattiecake58 & Yellodog) has an Axis II Personality Disorder underscored by proven pathological lying, religious addiction and attention seeking behavior.
Debating with her is useless. She will ignore any evidence you present and make insinuations regarding your character, morals and beliefs. If you are not a born-again Christian, you are her adversary.
She considers herself God's anointed Topix preacher.
Sweeti (no sexual connotation met by that, simply that I think you are a sweet person), perhaps you should get that diagnosis changed a bit, because I think it only touches on the edge of the real problems.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15439 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats right, i am on the payroll.
its called SERVITUDE.
So now you're claiming to either be a slave or serving punishment for a crime, Patricia? Or do you just not know the meaning of the word?

servitude
noun

1. slavery or bondage of any kind
2. compulsory service or labor as a punishment for criminals

link: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/servit...

Location hidden

#15440 Dec 14, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you personally grew tobacco or profited from it. I said you assisted "those who grow tobacco prepare their crop for market (like you do) so it can be turned into products that kill and harm other human beings." You one weekend you were going to help a friend prepare their tobacco so they could "put food on the table". As if tobacco is the only cash crop one can grow.
<quoted text>
No, I did not remotely say anything like that in the post to which you responded. Are you drunk?
<quoted text>
And others have to do what is right for them, not you.
<quoted text>
No one makes you come Topix to do anything, Patricia. Witnessing and/or proselytizing others in Topix is almost NEVER the topic of any thread in Topix, much less the ones you choose to participate in.
<quoted text>
No one i telling you to "accept things that are immoral and wrong", Patricia. I'm telling to stop lying telling lies about anonymous internet posters by claiming they're "sexually immoral" without any proof whatsoever.
<quoted text>
Indeed, Nor do I answer to. However, when you willfully lie repeatedly about me and others in Topix, you reap what you sow. Which is why I commented the other day God works in mysterious ways.
<quoted text>
But you certainly have no problem lying incessantly in the name of God or your faith, Patricia. Modeling your faith by breaking its rules and telling others not to do likewise is not the most effective means of bringing others to God. But then that's never really been your purpose since you previously admitted you here to score brownie points with God come your Judgment Day.
Considering the morbidity rate from smoking related illnesses which is claimed to be 2 of every 3 smokers die due to their having smoked, if it was anything else, in some states of the USA, the people involved would get the death penalty, yet these people are still permitted to produce, manufacture, transport, and sell this product which kills so many.

That doesn't even take into account those affected by others through smoking mothers who are pregnant, or people smoking in their own homes, or until very recently, smoking in all public places.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15441 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
'I' have never said you didn't believe in 'a' god.
Except I don't worship a "god". My faith is in God.
United in faith wrote:
We worship in spirit and in truth.
You can't worship in "truth" when you go around constantly lying, Patricia.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15442 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to fight or argue.
i simply state my thoughts and move forward.
If you ever moved forward you wouldn't keep repeating the same crap to the same people for months and years on end, Patricia. It's been two months since you unveiled your latest Topix ID and yet you're still whining about being "slaked" and endangered" as your Pattiecake58 ID.
United in faith wrote:
what you think of me, is so irrelvant, but you keep playing the same old card and thats why you never win.
And you're too stupid to realize that I'm not here to "win".
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15443 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
i always heard about people like you, who believe just because they say something that makes it so..........with no proof required.
wow.
You yourself have provided the proof, Patricia. But I understand you can't admit it without blowing your charade of being a different person than the one who used the YELLODOG and Pattiecake58 ID's. Still, that's just another lie against you in God's ledger and not my worry.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15444 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about who the uneducated moeron is.
GAY is not the definition of homosexuals either.
Gay is a synonym for homosexual.
United in faith wrote:
GAY is an emotion of being happy.
That's merely one of the word's currently recognized meanings.
United in faith wrote:
Queer is not defined specifically to homosexuals, it means ODD
different and other things.
One of the meanings of the word does in fact refer to gay people and that particular usage is considered disparaging and offensive toward gays.
United in faith wrote:
BUT gays adhere to those terms as their own.
Gays didn't just adopt the words to refer to themselves; they were originally applied to gays by people like you as disparaging insults.
United in faith wrote:
even though the word gay doesn't mean a sexual preference, but it is a word that means emotion....
homosexuals call themselves gay.
You're just ignorant of the etymology of much of the English language, including the word "gay".
United in faith wrote:
and drama queen is another word that gays have published in their dictionary of gay related terms.
Actually, I found the term "drama queen" in the online dictionary at dictionary.com . And it didn't have the meaning of "gay" you asserted. So that means you're ignorant or a liar or both. Which is it?
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15445 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
so now you are telling everyone that you can't seperate a direct and insult free post from an argumentive post?
no wonder you are so majorly messed up.
Just because you can't or won't understand the contents of your posts are often insulting to others doesn't mean they're not, Patricia. You can use your childhood "pretend" language with its made up words and definitions but when communicating with adults in a public forum, your childhood gibberish is irrelevant.

Since: May 11

Ilkeston, UK

#15446 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for proving my point.
lol
...well it may interest you to know that out here in the real world people have jobs and lives.

If one misses a call it can be very costly, if a doctor or a lawyer misses a call there can be severe consequences not just for them but those who rely upon them who may lose their liberty or their life.

In the current financial climate a tradesman or a contractor would be a fool to turn off the device by which those who wish to put work their way can contact them. If you call a plumber and cant get through what do you do? You call another plumber!

If you had ever had children then you would know that an emergency contact number gives a parent some peace of mind.

If my wife is away she has limited opportunities to call me...maybe I should just switch off my phone?

Once again you made a sweeping generalised statement which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#15447 Dec 14, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...well it may interest you to know that out here in the real world people have jobs and lives.
If one misses a call it can be very costly, if a doctor or a lawyer misses a call there can be severe consequences not just for them but those who rely upon them who may lose their liberty or their life.
In the current financial climate a tradesman or a contractor would be a fool to turn off the device by which those who wish to put work their way can contact them. If you call a plumber and cant get through what do you do? You call another plumber!
If you had ever had children then you would know that an emergency contact number gives a parent some peace of mind.
If my wife is away she has limited opportunities to call me...maybe I should just switch off my phone?
Once again you made a sweeping generalised statement which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
*sigh*

YD not knowing again.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15448 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
i could sure use a can of that 'gay-away' right about now.....
No need, Patricia; just bend over or spread your legs and that should scare most anyone away, male or female, gay or straight.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15449 Dec 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
no the problem here is that you are making it about me and refusing to accept the truth as given in the ancient scriptures.
No, Patricia, the problem here is your delusion that anyone is required "to accept the truth as given in the ancient scriptures". No one is required to listen/read or agree with anything you post.
United in faith wrote:
the problem here is your hate of instruction and love of self and sin.[QUOTE who="United in faith"]
No, Patricia, the problem is your thinking Topix is a school and your delusion you're a qualified instructor for anything.

[QUOTE who="United in faith"]I am simply standing in agreement with biblical teaching.
No, you're simply disclaiming responsibility for your words and actions by claiming to be only a messenger. No doubt the terrorists who hijacked the planes on 9/11 felt the same way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump also mocked Rosie O'Donnell for being gay... 10 min what ever 6
News I'm traumatised by Trump, says Cher, warning el... 56 min Go Blue Forever 31
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Terra Firma 18,591
News Anti-gay slur sparks protest on BC campus 1 hr FedUp 12
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr what ever 68,999
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 266
News Alabama chief justice waits for judgment day on... 2 hr Reverent Righteou... 32
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr TomInElPaso 40,520
News Alabama chief justice removed from bench for de... 13 hr Synque 26
More from around the web