So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18015 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15220 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
by what authority or right do you have to attack anyone elses faith?
Patty/UIF, we all have differing opinions regarding beliefs, faith, God, etc. Why can't we each express our views on those subjects without anyone making it personal? You talk about people delving into your personal life, but close to 100% of your posts here in 4 years have been "personal" attacks against other posters, rather than your personal opinions about the topic of the thread.

Adults should have the ability to bring their own ideas to a discussion, regardless of the topic, without feeling obligated to jump down the neck of someone who submits an opposing opinion. That is basically what debate and discussion is all about.

However, once someone gets attacked personally, then starts a circular argument about the morals or ethics of the poster rather than a discussion of the original topic.

Besides, if what you believe in were actually true, no amount of opinions against your belief would change the object of which you believe, which in this case appears to be God and the Bible.

We are not going to affect God or affect what the Bible says, by expressing an opinion on SSM or on proof of a god, which seems to be what the 3 threads that you participate most in are about.

In order to have a discussion about a topic, that is contentious, it requires that people differ in views, otherwise there really is nothing to discuss. It would be rather boring to have people post something and then everyone else just come back and post "Agree" "Agree". The thread would die pretty quickly.

That would remind me of a Bible Study group that I attended a few times in a new location that I had moved to. I had been familiar with study groups that had some really exciting discussions on whatever topic, but in this new church, what happened is one person would read something from a verse in the Bible, then someone else would speak up and say, well my version of the Bible words it this way, etc. I soon learned that people were not there to discuss things at all. All they wanted to do is see who knew their Bible better than the others.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15221 Dec 13, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think you hold that ability.
Christianty or your version of it isn't the only religion yet you think we shold dictate basic civil rights amongst Americans by your belief system in religion.
Piss off hypocrite.
is that a darwin monkey i see? cute.
but not to bright.
i am not dictating ANYTHING except that which is right.

you can do anything you wish. so whats your gripe?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15222 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, with many thousands more posts on Topix than any other poster, which you have posted in 4 years, would you not call that an addiction? Yes, I am also addicted to Topix. But checking back, in the same amount of time that I have been on here, which is about 2 1/2 years you post more than twice as many posts as I do.
When I and several others periodically stopped posting to you, because we were trying to discourage the repetitive same posts, you then would goad us to start posting to you again.
Perhaps if you had always stuck to the printed topic, we could have saved everyone a lot of time, and even a lot of people's noses out of joint due to personal attacks, the majority of which came from you, who claims to be the best Christian person on this site, if not in the whole world.
you are wrong.

and i have chosen NOT to argue with you. Tis a waste of time.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#15223 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know me. so therefore you are intentionally lying.
are you trying to convey the message here that you meddle in other families lives? sure sounds like it.
You're the one on the "other side" of a family, sharing someone else's family troubles to strangers on the internet.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15224 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
is that a darwin monkey i see? cute.
but not to bright.
i am not dictating ANYTHING except that which is right.
you can do anything you wish. so whats your gripe?
You don't get to dictate anything, evil dominionist.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15225 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
by what authority or right do you have to attack anyone elses faith?
The same authority and right you think you have when you attack the faith of others.

Besides, I merely commented on the inconsistency of your statement regarding sex between same and opposite sex humans and your favorite Leviticus verse you use to bash gays. Don't blame me for the fact your intellectual retardation causes you to constantly spew such logical inconsistencies.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15226 Dec 13, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
A sane person does not feel the need to question their sanity.
My question is, why did you NEED to seek out letters "verifying" your sanity? What did you do that was in question?
Already answered that question. Look back a few days.

Smile.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#15227 Dec 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
stfu dumbazz... i killed your god

Location hidden

#15228 Dec 13, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>stfu dumbazz... i killed your god
Good, then she wasn't god, was she?

Smile.

Daytona Beach, FL

#15229 Dec 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Eh. Not worth the effort.

Were they written in crayon?

Location hidden

#15230 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Eh. Not worth the effort.
Were they written in crayon?
Why, you wouldn't understand anyway.

Smile.

Daytona Beach, FL

#15231 Dec 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you wouldn't understand anyway.
Smile.
I'm not insulted by you suggesting I wouldn't understand something written in crayon.

Location hidden

#15232 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm not insulted by you suggesting I wouldn't understand something written in crayon.
I didn't think you would be.

I understand you.

Smile.

Daytona Beach, FL

#15233 Dec 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you would be.
I understand you.
Smile.
Get out of my psyche, you pervert!
lol

Location hidden

#15234 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Get out of my psyche, you pervert!
lol
You forget, I am you.
Kimares Sanity Clause

Elmwood Park, IL

#15235 Dec 13, 2012
I'm brilliant, because I paid off my friends with Phd's to compose a letter of sanity for me. Well, now that I think about it, how do I know that the other patients had Phd's? Damn, I may have been duped.
Kimares Sanity Clause

Elmwood Park, IL

#15236 Dec 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget, I am you.
Says the psychotic schizophrenic.

Daytona Beach, FL

#15237 Dec 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget, I am you.
If you're me, what's my real name?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#15238 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
much like cell phones. Everywhere you look people are chatting on a cell phone while walking, shopping, driving, eating and any thing else they might be doing.
its an addiction.
So having something to occupy your time when there is nothing else to do is an addiction?
Patty, you're just trying to bring the discussion WAY off topic...again.
Also off topic with more uneducated opinions, as always.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#15239 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
but then i don't stick my nose in other peoples business.
Patty, that's ALL you do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in A... 4 min Wondering 17
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 6 min tongangodz 6,681
News Ex-Navy SEAL alleges anti-gay bullying by CIA w... 10 min Robert 7
News Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adults 12 min Robert 59
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 14 min Frankie Rizzo 8,222
News Anti-Gay Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Char... 17 min Robert 9
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 36 min PointBlankPeriod 1,265
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 43 min Frankie Rizzo 1,854
More from around the web