So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15206 Dec 13, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Your family begs to differ.
you don't know me. so therefore you are intentionally lying.

are you trying to convey the message here that you meddle in other families lives? sure sounds like it.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15207 Dec 13, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Not anger, just contempt for your stupidity. Like your assumption that the specific manner in which I choose to engage you is representative of the rest of my life. Egocentric much? I can assure you, Patricia, I don't surround myself with stupid, uneducated wastrels like you in the real world.
before i would allow myself to sink to your level of insulting and anger and 'contempt' as you put it, i would simply distance myself from anyone who caused me to react in such a negitive manner.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15208 Dec 13, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I just said I ride the bus to work, saying I'm not driving is a stupidly obvious statement.
What does that have to do with the line of discussion that was caused by you saying wasting time means an addiction?
much like cell phones. Everywhere you look people are chatting on a cell phone while walking, shopping, driving, eating and any thing else they might be doing.
its an addiction.
Passing Through

United States

#15209 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
before i would allow myself to sink to your level of insulting and anger and 'contempt' as you put it, i would simply distance myself from anyone who caused me to react in such a negitive manner.
That you can't or won't acknowledge how negative and/or insulting your posts to others can be does not change the fact you continue to engage those who cause you to react that way. So you refuse to practice what you counsel others to do, hypocrite.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15210 Dec 13, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Your family begs to differ.
appears that it bothers you far more than it does me.

but then i don't stick my nose in other peoples business.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15212 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
much like cell phones. Everywhere you look people are chatting on a cell phone while walking, shopping, driving, eating and any thing else they might be doing.
its an addiction.
Communicating is an "addiction"???

Well....we know a couples things from this....you have too few friends and know jackshit about business.

Communication is essential moron.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15213 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
appears that it bothers you far more than it does me.
but then i don't stick my nose in other peoples business.
LOL!!!

Yeah you do. You think it's within your rights to stop gays from marrying you dumbshit.

"but then i don't stick my nose in other peoples business"...LOL!!!
Passing Through

United States

#15214 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
much like cell phones. Everywhere you look people are chatting on a cell phone while walking, shopping, driving, eating and any thing else they might be doing.
its an addiction.
By your faulty logic, anyone that talks while walking or running or sitting or standing is addicted to talking. In reality, all you've done is cite examples of people multi-tasking. While multi-tasking is not always productive or even safe, that doesn't automatically mean someone is addicted to one of the behaviors or activities. Addiction is better evaluated by how someone reacts when not able to engage in a behavior or activity rather than the frequency of such behavior or activity while multi-tasking.
Passing Through

United States

#15215 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
appears that it bothers you far more than it does me.
but then i don't stick my nose in other peoples business.
You just fantasize about other people's sex lives like the pervert you are.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#15216 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
are you trying to convey the message here that you meddle in other families lives? sure sounds like it.
.. are you constipated now ??..

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15217 Dec 13, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, Patricia, when faced with your own personal assertion that blatantly contradicts your publicly proclaimed interpretation of the bible, you resort to personal attacks rather than explain why you just called the bible a lie.
by what authority or right do you have to attack anyone elses faith?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15218 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
by what authority or right do you have to attack anyone elses faith?
You seem to think you hold that ability.

Christianty or your version of it isn't the only religion yet you think we shold dictate basic civil rights amongst Americans by your belief system in religion.

Piss off hypocrite.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15219 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
much like cell phones. Everywhere you look people are chatting on a cell phone while walking, shopping, driving, eating and any thing else they might be doing.
its an addiction.
UIF, with many thousands more posts on Topix than any other poster, which you have posted in 4 years, would you not call that an addiction? Yes, I am also addicted to Topix. But checking back, in the same amount of time that I have been on here, which is about 2 1/2 years you post more than twice as many posts as I do.

When I and several others periodically stopped posting to you, because we were trying to discourage the repetitive same posts, you then would goad us to start posting to you again.

Perhaps if you had always stuck to the printed topic, we could have saved everyone a lot of time, and even a lot of people's noses out of joint due to personal attacks, the majority of which came from you, who claims to be the best Christian person on this site, if not in the whole world.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15220 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
by what authority or right do you have to attack anyone elses faith?
Patty/UIF, we all have differing opinions regarding beliefs, faith, God, etc. Why can't we each express our views on those subjects without anyone making it personal? You talk about people delving into your personal life, but close to 100% of your posts here in 4 years have been "personal" attacks against other posters, rather than your personal opinions about the topic of the thread.

Adults should have the ability to bring their own ideas to a discussion, regardless of the topic, without feeling obligated to jump down the neck of someone who submits an opposing opinion. That is basically what debate and discussion is all about.

However, once someone gets attacked personally, then starts a circular argument about the morals or ethics of the poster rather than a discussion of the original topic.

Besides, if what you believe in were actually true, no amount of opinions against your belief would change the object of which you believe, which in this case appears to be God and the Bible.

We are not going to affect God or affect what the Bible says, by expressing an opinion on SSM or on proof of a god, which seems to be what the 3 threads that you participate most in are about.

In order to have a discussion about a topic, that is contentious, it requires that people differ in views, otherwise there really is nothing to discuss. It would be rather boring to have people post something and then everyone else just come back and post "Agree" "Agree". The thread would die pretty quickly.

That would remind me of a Bible Study group that I attended a few times in a new location that I had moved to. I had been familiar with study groups that had some really exciting discussions on whatever topic, but in this new church, what happened is one person would read something from a verse in the Bible, then someone else would speak up and say, well my version of the Bible words it this way, etc. I soon learned that people were not there to discuss things at all. All they wanted to do is see who knew their Bible better than the others.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15221 Dec 13, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think you hold that ability.
Christianty or your version of it isn't the only religion yet you think we shold dictate basic civil rights amongst Americans by your belief system in religion.
Piss off hypocrite.
is that a darwin monkey i see? cute.
but not to bright.
i am not dictating ANYTHING except that which is right.

you can do anything you wish. so whats your gripe?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15222 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, with many thousands more posts on Topix than any other poster, which you have posted in 4 years, would you not call that an addiction? Yes, I am also addicted to Topix. But checking back, in the same amount of time that I have been on here, which is about 2 1/2 years you post more than twice as many posts as I do.
When I and several others periodically stopped posting to you, because we were trying to discourage the repetitive same posts, you then would goad us to start posting to you again.
Perhaps if you had always stuck to the printed topic, we could have saved everyone a lot of time, and even a lot of people's noses out of joint due to personal attacks, the majority of which came from you, who claims to be the best Christian person on this site, if not in the whole world.
you are wrong.

and i have chosen NOT to argue with you. Tis a waste of time.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#15223 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know me. so therefore you are intentionally lying.
are you trying to convey the message here that you meddle in other families lives? sure sounds like it.
You're the one on the "other side" of a family, sharing someone else's family troubles to strangers on the internet.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15224 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
is that a darwin monkey i see? cute.
but not to bright.
i am not dictating ANYTHING except that which is right.
you can do anything you wish. so whats your gripe?
You don't get to dictate anything, evil dominionist.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#15225 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
by what authority or right do you have to attack anyone elses faith?
The same authority and right you think you have when you attack the faith of others.

Besides, I merely commented on the inconsistency of your statement regarding sex between same and opposite sex humans and your favorite Leviticus verse you use to bash gays. Don't blame me for the fact your intellectual retardation causes you to constantly spew such logical inconsistencies.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15226 Dec 13, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
A sane person does not feel the need to question their sanity.
My question is, why did you NEED to seek out letters "verifying" your sanity? What did you do that was in question?
Already answered that question. Look back a few days.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family secret ''How to stuff a turkey'' 2 hr Peaches 1
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 3 hr Peaches 81
News Getting used to gay unions 3 hr Jorge 5
News Why Xavier University is staging play about man... 6 hr Georgia 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 hr Georgia 14,266
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 9 hr Arthur 26,533
News Herea s Harris Dickinsona s gay sex scene in ne... 12 hr Rubio s Foam Partays 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 hr June VanDerMark 57,983
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite Wed GodSmacked 111
More from around the web