So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#15085 Dec 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

I have a letter certifying sanity by not one, but THREE Phd's!!!

Smirk.
Bully for you, but if I needed to find three Phd's who would write me a sanity letter I wouldn't run around boasting about it.

It's kind of like running with a letter from three doctors stating that your chlamydia has cleared up and your vagina is clean as a whistle.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#15086 Dec 11, 2012
On the subject of Patty's cousin being a source:
United in faith wrote:
She is my family not yours.
Patty finally admitted to...drumroll please...being Patty!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#15087 Dec 11, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
George Barna, whose company conducted the research, pointed out that some popular stereotypes about the spiritual life of gays and lesbians are simply wrong.

“People who portray gay adults as godless, hedonistic, Christian bashers are not working with the facts,” declared the best-selling author of numerous books about faith and culture.“A substantial majority of gays cite their faith as a central facet of their life, consider themselves to be Christian, and claim to have some type of meaningful personal commitment to Jesus Christ active in their life today.

“The data indicate that millions of gay people are interested in faith but not in the local church and do not appear to be focused on the traditional tools and traditions that represent the comfort zone of most churched Christians. Gay adults clearly have a different way of interpreting the Bible on a number of central theological matters, such as perspectives about God. Homosexuals appreciate their faith but they do not prioritize it, and they tend to consider faith to be individual and private rather than communal."

"The gay and lesbian population, which constitutes about 3% of adults, has garnered national attention in the past several years thanks to issues like gay marriage, gay adoption, and other gay rights conflicts. In the wake of those controversies and the spotlight aimed at gays, Americans have developed numerous assumptions about the lives of the homosexual population. A new survey by the Barna Group explores the spiritual life of gay and lesbian individuals, providing some surprising results.

Spiritual Similarities

Out of the 20 faith-oriented attributes examined in the Barna study, there were just a few in which there were no significant differences between the heterosexual and homosexual populations. The areas of similarity included the facts that a small minority of people in both groups believe that Satan is real; equivalent percentages of these groups feel they have a personal responsibility to share their religious beliefs with others who believe differently; similar numbers of people from each group contend that good people can earn their way into Heaven through their goodness; and rates of participation in house churches is about the same for both groups.

http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/13-...

My thanks to 'Rick in Kansas' for bring this article to my attention.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15088 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Smirk.
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bully for you, but if I needed to find three Phd's who would write me a sanity letter I wouldn't run around boasting about it.
It's kind of like running with a letter from three doctors stating that your chlamydia has cleared up and your vagina is clean as a whistle.
Most people pursue second and third opinions.

The fact remains you not only don't have validation of your sanity, you are sissy afraid to ask your family and friends if you need one.

That's some serious denial sonny!

Smirk.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#15089 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
They just wanted you out of their nut house before you drive the rest of the nuts crazy

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#15090 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
The fact remains you not only don't have validation of your sanity, you are sissy afraid to ask your family and friends if you need one.
Smirk.
Odd.

I have no such letter.

Never needed one.

Erm, why do you?

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#15091 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Yes, the fact remains that I have no "sanity certificate", nor have my family and friends ever felt it necessary for me to have my mental capacities questioned. "Normal" people don't need a piece of paper to function within society.

If your family and friends felt that you needed some piece of paper in order to roam the streets, they obviously felt that there were some nuts in your (non-functioning) bush that needed to be shaken out.

How's your Mangina?

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#15092 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
You had to tell me I have no affect on you.
That is 'a whooping'?
I doubt you ever believe yourself.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
You know, the same ones who assert homosexuality is not a disorder.
The same ones who knowingly asserted that deceptive, unscientific studies showed lesbian couples produced better children than natural parents (sorry gay guys).
Question; Do you have a letter that you are certified sane?
Smirk.
<quoted text>
So Jonny, what did your family and friends say about whether YOU needed a letter? Still afraid to tell us???
Smirk.
Sane people do not require a letter stating that they're sane. People who get a letter like that needed to get one because more than one person suspected that they were NOT sane.

Daytona Beach, FL

#15093 Dec 12, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she meant that Patty was her family, not the cousin.

Daytona Beach, FL

#15094 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Sane people don't feel the need to ask their friends and family if they need a letter from a PhD that claims they're sane. What on earth is wrong with you? Did you get those letters from doctors who got their PhD's online from Nigeria or something??

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#15095 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Smirk.
In 12 Step recovery groups it's often said if you think you might have a problem you probably do.

PhD's from NARTH insist human sexuality is changeable. Care to give that idea a shot yourself?

Like someone else pointed out, anyone who NEEDS to have their sanity verified by 3 shrinks definitely has issues. But what I want to know is did they also certify your inner lesbian as sane?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#15096 Dec 12, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Sane people do not require a letter stating that they're sane. People who get a letter like that needed to get one because more than one person suspected that they were NOT sane.
It's like the running joke on "Big Bang Theory"

Sheldon isn't crazy his Mom had him tested!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#15097 Dec 12, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Sane people don't feel the need to ask their friends and family if they need a letter from a PhD that claims they're sane. What on earth is wrong with you? Did you get those letters from doctors who got their PhD's online from Nigeria or something??
My guess is they belong to NARTH.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15098 Dec 12, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
You're also addicted to lying and bad grammar and spelling.
how 'civil' of you, not to mention hypocritcal.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#15099 Dec 12, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
You're also addicted to lying and bad grammar and spelling.
you really shouldn't accuse others of bad spelling when you just mis-spelled 'Know' as typing it as 'now'.

instead of pleading typo, why not just admit everyone makes mistakes.

hypocrite.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#15100 Dec 12, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never claimed I don't make typo's, Patricia. Particularly when posting from my phone (whihc that post was). It's still not comparable to your wholesale butchery of the English language.
<quoted text>
I was posting about how I was proof that you reap what you sow and that God works in mysterious ways. You then chimed in that God has given you many blessings, so it follows you consider me one since you made your comment in reply to my post. Or was that just another of your irrelevant, tangental responses that don't actually address what others say in the posts to which you reply?
<quoted text>
I have no need to pretend about my life the way you do, Patricia.
you are posting on topix from your phone? NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL ADICTED TO TOPIX! ha ha ha ha!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#15101 Dec 12, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's something you share in common then.
and your common trait with all atheists would be your need to be hateful and rude.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#15102 Dec 12, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
and another sin for Patty.
you miss her don't you?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#15103 Dec 12, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What a sad, joyless religion you follow - all fear and sin and punishment and damnation and hatred...
what a sad perception you have.

God is love, merciful and forgiving.
God is good!

ya see, you don't know it but your telling on yourself when you preceive God as that which He is not.....you are actually saying,
you hate ...... YOU hate, you hate instruction.
you hate God because you hate instruction.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#15104 Dec 12, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. admit it, you just want to babble on. Your position is untenable, your beliefs are not facts ..
.. by its very definition, tough love is being cruel to be kind ..
.. that's why I won't have sex with you. You'd fall in love with me ..
satan practices your 'tough' love.
Jesus loves us unconditionally.

and you couldn't have sex with me if your very life was hanging in the balance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Race against time for Australia's first same-se... 3 min Abrahamanic Relig... 5
News Putin Abhorred Abroad, Loved at Home Amid Hard ... 8 min Abrahamanic Relig... 20
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min RiccardoFire 14,850
News Harvey Weinstein responds to Salma Hayek callin... 48 min NE Jade 4
BIG BOSS MANs BIG CHRISTMAS PARTY 51 min NE Jade 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr June VanDerMark 58,469
News Gay couple, devout baker take cake fight to hig... 1 hr EdmondWA 71
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr NW Jade 26,921
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 2 hr MISSION IMPROBABLE 111
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 3 hr GodSmacked 415
More from around the web