So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,015

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14575 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
ick is right, anything that is wicked a child of God will say 'ick' to. Hebrews 1:9 we are suppose to hate sin.
saying ick to a sinful BEHAVIOR is not hating a person.
it is hating sin.
which the children of God are suppose to do.
But homosexuality is not a sin.

And bugs are gross and "ick", correct? Yet they are not sinning by existing.

You're an idiot.

You simply can't get past your gross out factor about homo sex and choose to lie about God and use religion as a cover up.

That is wrong on so many levels...

Location hidden

#14576 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov 28:13 "He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy."
Homosexuality is wrong.
there is no way around that.
No, Patty, YOU are wrong.
There is not way around that.

Take your own advice for once and stop covering up your sins.

Location hidden

#14577 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you are being dishonest.
1611? UH, NO there have been several EDITIONS, but no revisions.
1611, 1629, & 1769 they are worded a tad differently but when cross referenced with the actual HEBREW or GREEK they say the same thing.
http://www.av1611.org/kjv/kjvupdt.html
EDITIONS, Patty. The base of the word is EDIT, which means CHANGE.

DAMN you're stupid!

ENTIRE words have been changed!!! When you use the word prostitute or weak in one book and use the word homosexual in another, it CHANGES the meaning!

It's like using the word unicorn and then changing it to mule because you want people to interpret differently... It's NOT the same thing.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#14578 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Civil union.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Sorry dog, I'm being simply factual.
"A civil union, also referred to as a civil partnership, is a legally recognized form of partnership similar to marriage."
You are in denial.
Another fact.
:-)
Similar to, but not the same. This is why full marriage equality is just around the corner. Separate, but equal......

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#14579 Dec 7, 2012
Wonderful news about Washington state, eh Kimare?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#14580 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
"A civil union, also referred to as a civil partnership, is a legally recognized form of partnership similar to marriage."
Separate is never equal
If it were equal; there would be no need to keep it separate
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#14581 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thing is the earlist laws on record are the laws of God.
nothing preceeds Gen 1
show me any laws prior to Moses and Abraham that are established in records for man to see today.
Are you kidding me? You LIED about going to college, didn't you? I doubt if you even finished high school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Ur-Nammu

The Code of Ur-Nammu is the oldest known law code surviving today. It was written on tablets, in the Sumerian language c. 21002050 BC. Although the preface directly credits the laws to king Ur-Nammu of Ur (21122095 BC), some historians think they should rather be ascribed to his son Shulgi.

A simple Google search that took all of 10 seconds proves you wrong.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14583 Dec 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is a "gay union?" Maybe they exist on your planet, but not here on earth in the USA. Sorry, wack-job.
an affiliate member of the afl-cio
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#14584 Dec 7, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
an affiliate member of the afl-cio
like the AGMA?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#14585 Dec 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>like the AGMA?
Opera singers, are we?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#14586 Dec 7, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Opera singers, are we?
Dancers

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#14587 Dec 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Dancers
AGMA is an interesting and diverse organization.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#14588 Dec 7, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
AGMA is an interesting and diverse organization.
It sure is!

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#14589 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
you need to read the actual events of it in the bible
Gen 18 & 19
I've already read Genesis. As I said, these events can't be confirmed to have actually happened, nor can the locations be confirmed to really have existed.

There's MUCH in Genesis that cannot have happened, simply from a "reality" point of view. The talking animals. The creation of languages according to the Tower of Babel story. We have actual evidence of the methods through which language developed, we know it was a slow process, carried by migrating peoples traveling from region to region. The very creation story of the universe, which is radically contradicted by ALL findings of biology, cosmology, paleontology. At best, these stories are speculations, by people who had no way of discovering or researching the truth about their world, and who came up with fanciful ideas to help explain it. They're no different from the stories that the ancient Greeks came up with, or the ancient Romans, or the Incans, or the Maori, or any other primitive people. The stories always include magic, they ignore the findings that we've made centuries later, which have been verified by the most rigorous standards of investigative research.

They might be entertaining stories, from a literary point of view, and no doubt they'll contain some of the wisdom and insights that humans had picked up by that point in our history, but I still can't consider them "true" or "factual", not in comparison with the real information we've gathered through scientific inquiry and study.
United in faith wrote:
you need to read Jude 1:7 which tells you why they were distroyed.
SEXUAL IMMORALITY.
I DID read that, also, after you directed me there.

I don't understand the concept of "sexual immorality". The point of morality is to measure and control harm, the type of harm that people do to each other purposefully, to mistreat one another. That can't be applied to the actions of consenting adults. It's NOT "immoral" for me to be sexual with my partner, who WANTS it. We are not mistreating each other. We are kind and loving to each other. We have been for nearly 9 years now. I couldn't imagine my life without him, and he says the same. I see no logic in calling our relationship "immoral".

If there truly is a god, and he wants me to be heterosexual, then he should have done something to ensure that I would be attracted to females. I didn't cause my own attraction to males, so either nature did or God did. I'm leaning toward nature, but if you believe in God, then don't you wonder why gay people exist? Why should some people feel same-sex attraction, only to be condemned for it? Should they be ALONE all their lives? Should they FORCE themselves to be with someone they feel NOTHING for? This wouldn't be fair to them, OR to the person they were with.
United in faith wrote:
that which you refer to is equated to the SISTER CITIES of sodom and gomorrah.
Which may not have existed.

I'm trying very hard to understand the "believer's" point of view regarding all this. I could never accept all these evidence-less claims. I don't get the logic in calling a person "immoral", when they have wronged no one. Look at all the hate and division this has caused. Why wouldn't God simply have said that everyone can pursue the (consenting) relationship which suits them best? Why do same-sex desires exist AT ALL? Nature explains this all very well, because nature embraces variety and diversity. But magic and gods don't explain this in the least. All-powerful gods who have "plans" and "wills" should be able to carry them out. This isn't about free will, as I explained my orientation is not subject to my will. I shouldn't be condemned as a criminal for it. That is not an honorable system.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#14590 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the Bible as a book focused on science. I do however find profound scientific information in it, far beyond human knowledge for thousands of years after it was written.
With that in mind, it is interesting that a non-terrestrial being (God) created earth in Alien days (the sun and moon did not initially exist), created life from the dust of the earth (a simple description of pool of amino acids) and that humans were initially genderless (only Adam). This is even more interesting considering that Moses (the author) hailed from Egypt. Their account of creation is quite different...
More over, to your point of other humans, A unique strain of humans, Naphilim, are also mentioned in Genesis. Evolution speculates there were initially two different strains of humans.
A small chapter is hardly enough to define creation with any clarity. I prefer Proverbs 8 where wisdom delighted at God's side during the event. It was this passage that guided early scientists like Newton.
I also find it interesting that some people speculate on Biblical things that do not make sense to us, while others are impacted by information and predictions that precede human knowledge.
I'm pretty sure most people would agree Moses was Hebrew not Egyptian.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#14591 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Civil union.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Sorry dog, I'm being simply factual.
You are in denial.
Another fact.
You are the one in denial. You said it yourself a civil union is SIMILAR to marriage.

But it's NOT a marriage. And it carries no Federal recognition like marriage does.

Maybe you like settling for second best but most of us want the real thing.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#14592 Dec 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Dancers
American Gear Manufactures Association?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#14593 Dec 7, 2012
DNF wrote:
To U.I.F:
You previously said you took a class on the Dead Sea Scrolls and could therefore prove they confirmed everything in the Bible.
I once took an art History class. Guess that means I can determine forgeries for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Hermitage in St. Petersburg and the Guggenheim!
YOU can purchase copies of the DDS both on line and in book stores.
you can take classes about them under scholars.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#14594 Dec 7, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
No bridge would want to buy you.
you must of wittnessed your parents arguing alot when you were growing up.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#14595 Dec 7, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop citing man's law about your freedom of speech. It's not your god's law. You're supposed to STFU, keep your big boobs covered, clean house, and squeeze out offspring.
My heart breaks for your parents.

They must be devestated at how you turned out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wall Street pushes SCOTUS on gay marriage 2 min Belle Sexton 56
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 min RamRod 68,616
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Frankie RIzzo 58,008
Pat Robertson Advises Parents Not To Attend Gay... 9 min Cynical Witch 1
Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 11 min NoMo 16
Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice 13 min Otter in the Ozarks 47
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 22 min Frankie RIzzo 3,246
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 27 min In Your Opinion 16,212
Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 1 hr cpeter1313 302
Religious objection to gay marriage leads to bi... 5 hr WeTheSheeple 96
More from around the web