So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18009 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#14559 Dec 6, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>That's the usual dodge.
But for people who take everything in the Bible literally this part poses some pretty difficult spiritual questions. For those who truly believe God created one man and one woman to start the world, the existence of a group of people who weren't part of "the Creation" poses difficult questions.
Where did they come from and who created them?
It's not a dodge. That's what I was taught. I've never had a pastor, or a theology professor who was a biblical literalist.

And all religions and all cultures have creation stories, that often present logical inconsistencies, and questions that are either not fully answered or are unanswerable.

I've been an amateur astronomer for over 40 years. I believe in the big bang theory (I don't like the tv show of the smae name), that stars and planets condesned out of nebulae, and that life is a natural consequence of those processes governed by universal physical laws as expounded by Newton, Kepler, Einstein and others. HOW EXACTLY did humans come to eb here ? I don't know. And neither does anyone else. I know that God put us here. But rather than just wave a magic wand and God said "POOF ! You're here !", I don't believe that. He used some natural processes, taht we are as yet unaware of, to accomplish that. GOD'S ART is mathematics, physics, cosmology, the universal laws that govern all physical processes. Religion and science seek to answer two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. Religion asks "WHO made all things and what is their nature ?" Science askas "HOW do all things work and what is their nature ?

Not only do I find no conflict between science and religion, and I think many uninfomred people mistakenly beliee that tehre IS a conflict between the two, the more I learn about science, the more my religious beliefs are reaffirmed and strengthened because the natural world is SO COMPLEX, it's existence, intricate workings, and balance CANNOT be an "accident".(I realize others may disagree with much of what i have said here and that's ok.)

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14560 Dec 6, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot keeping her head covered in Church.
That should always be covered.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14561 Dec 6, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at your reasoning about genetic defects.
The infertile heterosexual couple unable to conceive isn't banned from marriage.
People with Muscular Dystrophy and other genetic defects aren't automatically banned from marriage.
A child born blind or deaf has a genetic defect that doesn't impact their right to marry. Since genetic defects aren't legal grounds to deny marriage there is no rational reason for you to oppose SSM. Even your genetic defect idea doesn't do it.
Thanks for admitting you're often a jack ass.
Now do the same here.
My sister has a step-daughter, who was born with fairly severe cerebral palsy, but she married, gave birth to a child, and wins awards at the games for the disabled. She actually is quite intelligent, but can hardly walk, can hardly feed herself, can't speak clear enough to understand her. In a still photo she is absolutely beautiful but when you see her, she flops around, slobbers, and is rather in a sad state but she is a mother with a child.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14562 Dec 6, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please don't try to stop Pattie. It's fun having someone so clueless on here.
She probably doesn't even know the Puritans banned Christmas!
I wouldn't want to stop her. She's exactly what atheism needs.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14563 Dec 6, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't want to stop her. She's exactly what atheism needs.
Yes, I keep forgetting that. I just need to think of Fred Phelps, and then I understand better why that is.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14564 Dec 7, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You're still not "married" until you get a license. From the government.
Wrong.

Civil union.

Smile.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#14565 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Civil union.
Smile.
You're being deliberately obtuse.

It doesn't matter what dancing, singing, wailing or blessing your personal god-botherer does.

That's purely cosmetic.

You're still not married until you get the license.

Location hidden

#14566 Dec 7, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was taught the story was a parable, i.e. an earthly story with a heavenly meaning. That it is not literally true.
I don't see the Bible as a book focused on science. I do however find profound scientific information in it, far beyond human knowledge for thousands of years after it was written.

With that in mind, it is interesting that a non-terrestrial being (God) created earth in Alien days (the sun and moon did not initially exist), created life from the dust of the earth (a simple description of pool of amino acids) and that humans were initially genderless (only Adam). This is even more interesting considering that Moses (the author) hailed from Egypt. Their account of creation is quite different...

More over, to your point of other humans, A unique strain of humans, Naphilim, are also mentioned in Genesis. Evolution speculates there were initially two different strains of humans.

A small chapter is hardly enough to define creation with any clarity. I prefer Proverbs 8 where wisdom delighted at God's side during the event. It was this passage that guided early scientists like Newton.

I also find it interesting that some people speculate on Biblical things that do not make sense to us, while others are impacted by information and predictions that precede human knowledge.

:-)

Location hidden

#14567 Dec 7, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a dodge. That's what I was taught. I've never had a pastor, or a theology professor who was a biblical literalist.
And all religions and all cultures have creation stories, that often present logical inconsistencies, and questions that are either not fully answered or are unanswerable.
I've been an amateur astronomer for over 40 years. I believe in the big bang theory (I don't like the tv show of the smae name), that stars and planets condesned out of nebulae, and that life is a natural consequence of those processes governed by universal physical laws as expounded by Newton, Kepler, Einstein and others. HOW EXACTLY did humans come to eb here ? I don't know. And neither does anyone else. I know that God put us here. But rather than just wave a magic wand and God said "POOF ! You're here !", I don't believe that. He used some natural processes, taht we are as yet unaware of, to accomplish that. GOD'S ART is mathematics, physics, cosmology, the universal laws that govern all physical processes. Religion and science seek to answer two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. Religion asks "WHO made all things and what is their nature ?" Science askas "HOW do all things work and what is their nature ?
Not only do I find no conflict between science and religion, and I think many uninfomred people mistakenly beliee that tehre IS a conflict between the two, the more I learn about science, the more my religious beliefs are reaffirmed and strengthened because the natural world is SO COMPLEX, it's existence, intricate workings, and balance CANNOT be an "accident".(I realize others may disagree with much of what i have said here and that's ok.)
It is interesting also that the Bible beat the big bang theory by ab out 3000 years, right?

Location hidden

#14568 Dec 7, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
That should always be covered.
In every culture, women have been 'the weaker vessel'. This is apart from any religion.

With our social engineering of gender equality, you find that women can do anything a man can do, and they are doing everything man did do.

Makes us useful for not much more than sperm donors (for now).

Are you watching how that social engineering is affecting us?

Is there historical precedence for a gender equal society? I am aware of Amazon women, and Queen Bee examples, but those are hardly equal, are they?

Location hidden

#14569 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Civil union.
Smile.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You're being deliberately obtuse.
It doesn't matter what dancing, singing, wailing or blessing your personal god-botherer does.
That's purely cosmetic.
You're still not married until you get the license.
Sorry dog, I'm being simply factual.

"A civil union, also referred to as a civil partnership, is a legally recognized form of partnership similar to marriage."

You are in denial.

Another fact.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Location hidden

#14570 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
no charade here.
you didn't see through anything, you CLUNG TO what you wanted it to be.
Gen 2:24
Same sex is wrong because it goes against the design of the Creator.
thats sufficent reason.
Oh Patty... God created everything according to His design. Duh.
I'm included in that. Homos are designed to love people of the same sex. That IS God's design.

So answer me this Patty, what you have not been able to answer in over 3 months:
WHAT makes homosexuality immoral?
Why is adultery, rape, incest, stealing, lying, murder WRONG?
And how does homosexuality fit into that criteria?
IF God thinks homosexuality is wrong, WHY does GOD think it is wrong????????

Location hidden

#14571 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and that is exactly what Moses and the other prophets did, they took dication, they took what God told them and put it down in writing.
But you said the Bible is the "inspired word of God." Your words exactly.

Dictation usually involves the dictator speaking directly to the writer AS they write it down, word for word.

So which is it? Inspired or dictated?

Location hidden

#14572 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
good for you.
let me ask you a few questions?
don't you think that because you are gay that might be why you are so despirate to justify it anyway you can?
does the church you attend condone SSM?
and how can you rightly explain away all the many scriptures that clearly define ss as wrong?
No, I'm not desperate at all. I know God's love in my heart. I have His acceptance. I know that I am not a mistake. I know that he made me just as he intended and I know He is proud of the person I am.

Yes, my church does completely accept, validate and perform same sex marriages. You already knew that. And yes, Patty, we beleive in the same God, the same Jesus and the same Bible as you do.

I don't explain anything away. I read the Bible for what it says. And there is not a single word that "clearly" condemns homosexuality. In fact, it's hardly possible to see it even mentioned AT ALL. You have simply been brain washed into a certain interpretation. People want you to think that some words mean certain things, even though they do not. Your inability to read and think for youself, and your fear of questioning anything you've been told, does not mean that I explain anything away or lie about the teachings of God or Jesus.

Would Jesus be proud of your behavior on these forums, Patty?

Location hidden

#14573 Dec 7, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:

<quoted text>
That's the point, retard. Your additives are adding YOUR opinion and YOUR personal interpretation. They help no one at all. YOUR () adds your bias and opinion to something that was not meant to be CHANGED by your mind and your personal views.
I understand all I need to. I KNOW God love me and made me just as I was meant to be. GOD DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES. He is perfect and he made me just as He wanted me. The fact that YOU cannot understand or accept this means that YOU need to pray for guidance and understanding. UnGodly means turning away from, denying, rejecting or not believing in God.
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
incorrect, i add NOTHING to the bible
nor do i take away from it.
and i am a Baptist.
Your () adding explanations, is exactly that- ADDING to the Bible what is NOT there.

And I'm not surprised you are a Baptist.

Ya know what? My mom is a southern Baptist and she has a truck load more sense and compassion than you do.
She does not beleive homosexuality is a sin.
She does not beleive that I am going to hell for being gay.
She beleives God made me this way and she fully accepts and loves me just as I am. She would never try to change me.
She is the most compassionate, giving, spiritual, charitable, God loving person I know... Same religion as you...
Yet you are a demon in comparison.

Location hidden

#14574 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible tells you why
babies are born innocent, but with a sin nature that the bible says they are NOT accountable for until they reach the age of accountability.
why should anyone suffer? Christ suffered.
Jesus tells us in the bible that in this world we WILL have trials and tribulations.
the world is a place of darkness and sin.
and Christ is the only light of the world.
So why then, with your claim that disease and sickness is a result of sin, would a baby, NOT accountable for sin, be stricken with illness????

Stop avoiding the question. You said illness is a result of the choice of sin. If animals and babies are not accountable or capable of sin, why do they get sick and suffer?

Location hidden

#14575 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
ick is right, anything that is wicked a child of God will say 'ick' to. Hebrews 1:9 we are suppose to hate sin.
saying ick to a sinful BEHAVIOR is not hating a person.
it is hating sin.
which the children of God are suppose to do.
But homosexuality is not a sin.

And bugs are gross and "ick", correct? Yet they are not sinning by existing.

You're an idiot.

You simply can't get past your gross out factor about homo sex and choose to lie about God and use religion as a cover up.

That is wrong on so many levels...

Location hidden

#14576 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov 28:13 "He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy."
Homosexuality is wrong.
there is no way around that.
No, Patty, YOU are wrong.
There is not way around that.

Take your own advice for once and stop covering up your sins.

Location hidden

#14577 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you are being dishonest.
1611? UH, NO there have been several EDITIONS, but no revisions.
1611, 1629, & 1769 they are worded a tad differently but when cross referenced with the actual HEBREW or GREEK they say the same thing.
http://www.av1611.org/kjv/kjvupdt.html
EDITIONS, Patty. The base of the word is EDIT, which means CHANGE.

DAMN you're stupid!

ENTIRE words have been changed!!! When you use the word prostitute or weak in one book and use the word homosexual in another, it CHANGES the meaning!

It's like using the word unicorn and then changing it to mule because you want people to interpret differently... It's NOT the same thing.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#14578 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Civil union.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Sorry dog, I'm being simply factual.
"A civil union, also referred to as a civil partnership, is a legally recognized form of partnership similar to marriage."
You are in denial.
Another fact.
Similar to, but not the same. This is why full marriage equality is just around the corner. Separate, but equal......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The NE Jade Sunday Thread 3 min Reggie 1
News Anti-gay parents compare LGBT student group at ... 7 min Former Gay Boi 21
News Cabinet's Justine Greening reveals 'I'm in a ha... 24 min Rentboy Robbie 3
News 24 dead in West Virginia floods; search and res... 1 hr kakewiles 1
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 898
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 36,031
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 3 hr bmz 591
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Brian_G 12,957
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr EdmondWA 37,246
More from around the web