So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,015

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

#14410 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything $2.00 an under.
And you better hurry on that offer given I'm getting hungry and a Taco Bell burrito sounds good right now.
That's what I was going to get if you had loaned me money.

I had to settle for yesterday's leftover filet mignon instead.

But hey, thanks for thinking of me, Dan!
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

#14411 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you lied, you said you were withdrawing.
you went and got everyones hopes up that you were withdrawing and then you lied.
Lots of women have been told "I'll withdraw, I promise".

One of the most often-used lies told to women. And successful.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14412 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and guess what? you don't pay my bills or my taxes
so what you think of me or my mind is about as relavant as a screen door on a submarine.
go ahead ask me, do I care what you think?
Do you think we all care what you think? Do you continue to blab on about your nonexistent god?

Please, leave any time, you said your "lawyer" advised you do, so just do it.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#14414 Dec 5, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was going to get if you had loaned me money.
I had to settle for yesterday's leftover filet mignon instead.
But hey, thanks for thinking of me, Dan!
No problem.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#14416 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you lied, you said you were withdrawing.
you went and got everyones hopes up that you were withdrawing and then you lied.
You've said you were leaving a gazillion times. The only way you actually accomplished it was by leaving and then reincarnating as your current ID. That's not really leaving, so you lied AGAIN.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#14417 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet you can't pull up ONE post where i ever said we were a theocracy. You said theonomy. I am guessing you meant theocracy.
I have never said we were.
what i said was that America was founded by men who very much believed in God and bible.
our nations Christian/Jewish heritage is RICH.
but you wish to deny that.
No, I meant theonomy. Google it.

I never claimed you said we WERE a theocracy, I said you WANT us to be a theonomy. You WANT God's law to rule over the Constitution, which would require the government to choose one religion. Of course our founding fathers were religious...they came here to escape religious persecution. Because they sought a place to practice the religion of their choice, they knew better than to have religion determine our laws. No sane people would flee to seek religious freedom and then deny that same freedom to others in their land.

But I never claimed you were sane.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14418 Dec 5, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Archaeologists and historians can't even confirm if these places actually existed. Besides, elsewhere in the Bible the crime of Sodom and Gomorrah is described as "inhospitality". Many Christian scholars reject the interpretations that suggest homosexuality was involved. It's very difficult to consider any of this credible, when there's no extant evidence about the event, and the people who DO believe it happened differ so radically in WHAT they believe happened.
If Sodom and Gomorrah DID exist and WERE destroyed because of homosexuality, why are there so many cities TODAY that are spared or ignored for the same "crime"? San Francisco and New York make good examples. My own Seattle. The "gayest" section of New Orleans is said to be the French Quarter, yet that was one of the LEAST affected areas of Hurricane Katrina.
The story of S&G itself seems to be implausible on its own merits. Lot is said to be the only "righteous" man in town, yet he offers his own virgin daughters for the mob to do with as they pleased. THIS is "righteousness"? This SHREDS the credibility of this story, for me. This is NOT how a righteous man would treat his daughters.
<quoted text>
Leviticus 20:13 doesn't specifically say "stone" but it says that gays "shall be put to death", and stoning was a common method of doing that during biblical times. There certainly aren't any passages depicting God lifting a stone and throwing it at someone, though Jesus rejected the practice.
I find it odd that the Bible, particularly Leviticus, is so bloodthirsty, and has so many crimes that are punishable by death, when God supposedly JUST FINISHED laying out his top ten rules, which included "Do not kill".
If God wants gay people dead, he could simply give us all an aneurysm simultaneously. If AIDS is intended to be our punishment, it's remarkably ineffecient. Neither I nor my partner has it. Anyone with a little piece of latex can avoid it. Many people catch it WITHOUT ever engaging in homosexuality. Some people have gotten it from an innocent blood transfusion.
God's methods of meting out justice are terrible. He strikes the innocent, misses the guilty, and sometimes his punishments don't even work. Some people with HIV never show any symptoms, and most symptoms can be controlled so that people with the disease live perfectly normal lives.
<quoted text>
But have you read what I wrote about this being an unjust punishment? What crime could POSSIBLY merit ETERNAL TORTURE? None that I could imagine.
<quoted text>
I wonder why they bothered with a "Chapter 1" in Jude, since it's the only chapter.
It doesn't do much good to reference Bible passages to me, when I already believe the thing was written by imaginative fishermen and shepherds, who were passing down older stories. Compare Noah to the Greek myth of Deucalion.
I just don't understand how it's "immoral" for people who only feel same-sex desire to pursue it with other consenting adults. Why aren't they free to be who they are?
And I don't understand how Hell is "moral". God knows who's going there, and creates them knowing this. No "choice" they could make could waver from what a god has foreseen. And eternity is NEVER a fitting punishment for ANYTHING.
Why should God punish people who grew up in different cultures and faiths? Why punish those who prefer evidence over stories? NONE of this is "moral"! How do you explain to yourself why these people DESERVE eternal pain? How do you not see the same holes that I do?
Eternal torture is one of Patricia's favorite orgasmic fantasies. Of course she won't see holes in it.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14419 Dec 5, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I meant theonomy. Google it.
I never claimed you said we WERE a theocracy, I said you WANT us to be a theonomy. You WANT God's law to rule over the Constitution, which would require the government to choose one religion. Of course our founding fathers were religious...they came here to escape religious persecution. Because they sought a place to practice the religion of their choice, they knew better than to have religion determine our laws. No sane people would flee to seek religious freedom and then deny that same freedom to others in their land.
But I never claimed you were sane.
Do you mean the British who discovered America?

Since: Mar 07

United States

#14420 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what i said was that America was founded by men who very much believed in God and bible.
our nations Christian/Jewish heritage is RICH.
but you wish to deny that.
Actually, SOME of the men who founded this country believed in the Christian God and the bible. And some did not.

But they ALL agreed to establish a government NOT based on a single state religion.

They were much wiser than you seem to be.

United States

#14421 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats why you are 'in the dark' the HOLY bible is not just a book of parables. It is the word of God.
You haven't read the New Testament, have you?

Almost EVERY time Jesus taught the masses, he taught with parables.

Why did He use this wonderful teaching tool? And, if this is the prime teaching tool of God in the NT, why not in the OT?

United States

#14422 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you better open up a bible and REread Exodus again.
it was the slaves that were set free.
those people were SLAVES.
you are a dummy if there ever was one.
Go to church sometime and learn the bible.
i don't have time to school you on topix.
As a Christian, I gather you are trying to draw non-Christians to Christ by being a bright light, the salt, the winsome gentle soul..

You seem to be failing, with all the name calling. I don't remember anywhere where Jesus called anyone "dummy".

You might want to take stock, read your Bible, and come back with a more christian attitude.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14423 Dec 5, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Christian, I gather you are trying to draw non-Christians to Christ by being a bright light, the salt, the winsome gentle soul..
You seem to be failing, with all the name calling. I don't remember anywhere where Jesus called anyone "dummy".
You might want to take stock, read your Bible, and come back with a more christian attitude.
Wouldn't you agree that it's better to voice her extremists position rather than hide it behind a veil of phoney niceness?

That's what all the anti-gay groups do. They hide their evil intentions by describing themselves as benevolent proponents of "family values". That makes them even more dangerous than the loud-mouthed, impotent azzholes like the Phelps clan.......and Patricia.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#14424 Dec 5, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still so confused...
Transgendered are the simplest to understand. No rocket science needed.
One gender in their brain, another in their body. The gender/body wire got switched.
Even they acknowledge that. A genetic defect that they often try to fix.
Which brings us to GLB's. Why do you refuse to accept lessor mess-ups occurred?
In the spectrum of masculinity to femininity, GLBT's fall smack dab in the middle cross-over point, representing about 4%.
Which brings us to your last point, "if it isn't harming anyone."
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Stupid, you can't get anything right. Anal sex isn't any of those things, and you are trying to equate homosexuality with anal sex. Most people who have anal sex are straight, and lesbians don't have the equipment.
KiMare wrote:
I have posted medical proof of this over and over. You have posted proof of nothing.
That's a lie.
KiMare wrote:
Moreover, for someone to deliberately harm someone is criminal.
You just made that up!
KiMare wrote:
For someone to allow themselves to be harmed is sick.
It is mind-boggling you would attempt to defend such idiocy.
:-)
Did your mom want to abort you?
:)

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#14425 Dec 5, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the British who discovered America?
The British "discovered" America ?!

Actually, the Norwegians settled here long before other Europeans did. REMEMBER to celebrate Leif Erikson Day each October !

And Columbus was a liar (long story) and never set foot on North America or any land at all that would later become the United States oF America.

And people from Asia, such as Kennewick Man, and the peoples who came to be called "Native Americans" were here thousands of years ago. In fact, "Casa Grande Ruins National Monument" is just a couple of blocks down the street from me. The "Casa Grande" was built about roughly 1300 CE.

People have been in the Americas for well more than 12,000 years.

So the first human here (who probably landed in Brooklyn) and said "Hey guys, look what I found !" was the true "discoverer" of America. And since there was a land bridge connecting Alaska to Asia, was it REALLY America ? Or just a part of Asia since they were connected ?

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#14426 Dec 5, 2012
KiMare wrote:
The government is not required for marriage.
Smile.
Neither are you. Many people, world-wide, are in a SS Marriage and you had nothing to do with it.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#14427 Dec 5, 2012
KiMare wrote:
The government is not required for marriage.
Smile.
You are in for a surprise when the love bug bites and you go in search of a marriage license
Churches don't sell marriage licenses
Preachers don't sell marriage licenses either
$35 marriage licenses are sold only by government clerks in county courthouses and city halls

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14428 Dec 6, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The British "discovered" America ?!
Actually, the Norwegians settled here long before other Europeans did. REMEMBER to celebrate Leif Erikson Day each October !
And Columbus was a liar (long story) and never set foot on North America or any land at all that would later become the United States oF America.
And people from Asia, such as Kennewick Man, and the peoples who came to be called "Native Americans" were here thousands of years ago. In fact, "Casa Grande Ruins National Monument" is just a couple of blocks down the street from me. The "Casa Grande" was built about roughly 1300 CE.
People have been in the Americas for well more than 12,000 years.
So the first human here (who probably landed in Brooklyn) and said "Hey guys, look what I found !" was the true "discoverer" of America. And since there was a land bridge connecting Alaska to Asia, was it REALLY America ? Or just a part of Asia since they were connected ?
That post was in reference to an earlier conversation where Patty claimed the British discovered America to escape religious persecution.
jump for joy

Cape Town, South Africa

#14429 Dec 6, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Archaeologists and historians can't even confirm if these places actually existed. Besides, elsewhere in the Bible the crime of Sodom and Gomorrah is described as "inhospitality". Many Christian scholars reject the interpretations that suggest homosexuality was involved. It's very difficult to consider any of this credible, when there's no extant evidence about the event, and the people who DO believe it happened differ so radically in WHAT they believe happened.
If Sodom and Gomorrah DID exist and WERE destroyed because of homosexuality, why are there so many cities TODAY that are spared or ignored for the same "crime"? San Francisco and New York make good examples. My own Seattle. The "gayest" section of New Orleans is said to be the French Quarter, yet that was one of the LEAST affected areas of Hurricane Katrina.
The story of S&G itself seems to be implausible on its own merits. Lot is said to be the only "righteous" man in town, yet he offers his own virgin daughters for the mob to do with as they pleased. THIS is "righteousness"? This SHREDS the credibility of this story, for me. This is NOT how a righteous man would treat his daughters.
<quoted text>
Leviticus 20:13 doesn't specifically say "stone" but it says that gays "shall be put to death", and stoning was a common method of doing that during biblical times. There certainly aren't any passages depicting God lifting a stone and throwing it at someone, though Jesus rejected the practice.
I find it odd that the Bible, particularly Leviticus, is so bloodthirsty, and has so many crimes that are punishable by death, when God supposedly JUST FINISHED laying out his top ten rules, which included "Do not kill".
If God wants gay people dead, he could simply give us all an aneurysm simultaneously. If AIDS is intended to be our punishment, it's remarkably ineffecient. Neither I nor my partner has it. Anyone with a little piece of latex can avoid it. Many people catch it WITHOUT ever engaging in homosexuality. Some people have gotten it from an innocent blood transfusion.
God's methods of meting out justice are terrible. He strikes the innocent, misses the guilty, and sometimes his punishments don't even work. Some people with HIV never show any symptoms, and most symptoms can be controlled so that people with the disease live perfectly normal lives.
<quoted text>
But have you read what I wrote about this being an unjust punishment? What crime could POSSIBLY merit ETERNAL TORTURE? None that I could imagine.
<quoted text>
I wonder why they bothered with a "Chapter 1" in Jude, since it's the only chapter.
It doesn't do much good to reference Bible passages to me, when I already believe the thing was written by imaginative fishermen and shepherds, who were passing down older stories. Compare Noah to the Greek myth of Deucalion.
I just don't understand how it's "immoral" for people who only feel same-sex desire to pursue it with other consenting adults. Why aren't they free to be who they are?
And I don't understand how Hell is "moral". God knows who's going there, and creates them knowing this. No "choice" they could make could waver from what a god has foreseen. And eternity is NEVER a fitting punishment for ANYTHING.
Why should God punish people who grew up in different cultures and faiths? Why punish those who prefer evidence over stories? NONE of this is "moral"! How do you explain to yourself why these people DESERVE eternal pain? How do you not see the same holes that I do?
The majority of people living with Aids live in Africa and they are straight

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14430 Dec 6, 2012
jump for joy wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of people living with Aids live in Africa and they are straight
Hopefully the vaccine for HIV/AIDS will pass human trials and will be distributed in 10 or so years. Supposedly the vaccine was made from pretty cheap ingredients, maybe they'll try and get the vaccine over as much of Africa as they can while they're sending it out everywhere else.

So far the results are promising.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14431 Dec 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still so confused...
Transgendered are the simplest to understand. No rocket science needed.
One gender in their brain, another in their body. The gender/body wire got switched.
Even they acknowledge that. A genetic defect that they often try to fix.
Which brings us to GLB's. Why do you refuse to accept lessor mess-ups occurred?
In the spectrum of masculinity to femininity, GLBT's fall smack dab in the middle cross-over point, representing about 4%.
Which brings us to your last point, "if it isn't harming anyone."
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

I have posted medical proof of this over and over. You have posted proof of nothing.

Moreover, for someone to deliberately harm someone is criminal.

For someone to allow themselves to be harmed is sick.
It is mind-boggling you would attempt to defend such idiocy.
:-)
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, you can't get anything right. Anal sex isn't any of those things, and you are trying to equate homosexuality with anal sex. Most people who have anal sex are straight, and lesbians don't have the equipment.
<quoted text>
That's a lie.
<quoted text>
You just made that up!
<quoted text>
Did your mom want to abort you?
:)
All those sporadic responses and not a single logical comment.

You are such a blonde ho..,

Transgendered try to get fixed, why don't you?

Bazinga!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 min Respect71 5,407
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 12 min Tre H 26,650
Is Cali Girl 2014 AIDS Ridden? 18 min Vilonia 1
The Thursday Afternoon NE Jade Thread 22 min Homer 4
Apple CEO Donating to Gay Rights Campaign in South 36 min Cole 3
Elton John, David Furnish to tie knot in privat... 41 min Cole 4
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 50 min Gremlin 3
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 4,954
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 hr The_Box 2,812
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 10 hr Reverend Alan 4,276
More from around the web