So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments
12,941 - 12,960 of 18,016 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
I held a great deal of disdain towards gays for a long time. Used to laugh so hard I'd almost throw up in college when Sam Kenison was around and made jokes about them and involved myself in a couple of episodes of direct violence towards them when I was around 20-22.
No one really carries active thoughts about gays unless you have a family member who is one. You think of them as bizarre, sick and a waste of everyone's time. I got angry because I felt they were sucking energies away from more important things and was very hesitant towards the allowance of kids to be in their care. Being that I and others thought gays were so far off the chart in terms of their sexual nature you would automatically link them to pedophelia and other illicit forms of sex and thought no more of them than that.
It was these goofy threads that changed my mind once I was forced to research each one of my stances. That and a few posters kept their heads. I was twice as caustic then than I am now...LOL!!!! But it was directed towards gays.
Once I actually spent time trying to defend my position against homosexual marriage did I start seeing aspects of righteousness in it. It made sense. And it was as simple as that.
I still don't "like" gays marrying but it's none of my business nor is it others who would rather them not. As far as gay marriage I'm an unlikely ally and voted against Prop 8 when it was up for law. I still hold some prejiduces like the fact I'm really not keen about transgendered people but have learned to just shut up given I have no positive influence one way or the other to spout out how I think given that too is none of my business.
Simple logic goes into play when you finally decide to back gays and their pursuit of marriage. Instead of gays wasting our time by directing energies towards their cause it really comes down to those against gays waster their own time by focusing on homosexuals and not turning their own cenergies towards real problems.
I'm not going to be voted most popular in the gay community trust me but what turns out to be righteous cannot be stripped of that title and the homosexuals with to hold a nationwide ability to marry is exactly that and not hard to defend.
Thank you for that bit of insight.
I do agree with you on transgendered people.
I have trouble understanding what it's like to be them and I have trouble understanding how one would be like that.
Though I don't understand, I recognize that these people exist and as people, they should be treated just like everyone else. They should receive the same respect everyone else does.

My philosophy:
If it isn't harming anyone and those involved are at the age of consent, then we should let them be.
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

United in faith's post #14223 said "are you back again?

i won't stoop to your sewer level of personal attacks

find a topic to discuss like an adult or find yourself ALONE."

And now UIF says to Passing Through 3 posts later (#14226):
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
My ancestry is rooted in Native America, traced back to a Creator God
and we all know by your own admissions of unbelief here that your ancestory swung from trees.
Patty is so good about never posting again to anyone she threatens not to post to again.

Or revealing personal information, such as her ancestry....
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
would you like me to recap all the NON related conversations you have had on this thread?
How do you think we can move on to other issues if YOU and others refuse to let go of pattiecake and accept her absence and address me for who I am. UIF.
??????????
when you all start doing that, my mission will take a new direction
OK, Patty, get back on topic. Thanks. All of us already know your **mission**, and don't give a crap about it, you batcrap crazy loon.

I know, we're mean to pick on you and be so cruel, given that you're mentally ill. However, most of us have tried every way imaginable to try to get you to get psychiatric help and nothing seems to work. You're uneducable, ignorant and stubborn. So we're kind of stuck in a rut until you decide you've hit bottom and are willing to do for yourself what the rest of us have tried to do and failed, i.e., to get you the help you so desperately need.

You do not understand that your religion or your religious views are what any of us are fighting against when it comes to you, Patty.

It is your conspicuously declined mental health issues, which have not been ameliorated by your religion, so it is evident that man must step in where your god has failed you.
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
as long as you stupidly continue addressing me for someone i am not
you and I will continue to rehash stalking and invasion of peoples privacy.
I notice you left out gay-bashing. I'm sure that was just an oversight, wasn't it, Patricia?

You really don't mean to stop bashing gays, do you?

Now, if you don't like me addressing you as Patricia, United in faith, perhaps you should stop responding to any posts from me or anyone who posts to Patty or Patricia. Wouldn't that just simplify this whole process for you, and then you could get on with your new identity as United in faith?
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Numero uno - You only have a belief you even know wshat God's laws are. Which god? What religion?
The belief IN gods is a belief in one's religion and we in this country hold freedom of religion as dear to our hearts so in effect your belief in whatever god(s) you believe in does not supercede this country's Consitution nor it's laws.
As far as your prediction I've got over $36.22 saved in my life savings to hopefully have access to once in heaven that I'll bet you're wrong when you speak of what you think God will say.
Do you make loans perchance?
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you make loans perchance?
Anything $2.00 an under.

And you better hurry on that offer given I'm getting hungry and a Taco Bell burrito sounds good right now.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Which is exactly my point.
Anyone who contributes such a small part of marriage has no authority to define marriage. That has already been accomplished in numerous ways.
This is why marriage has always been diverse couples in every single culture across history. Government has not even been a part in many of those places, and still is not in some.
Like I said, if you want the legal aspects, get a gay union and rights that are specific to a duplicate couple.
:-)
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have the authority to define marriage? Are you that narcissistic? Wait...I just remembered who I'm talking to. Of course, you are.
A civil union does not provide all the rights and benefits that a legal marriage does. If you insist on refusing marriage to gays, work toward equating the rights and benefits of civil unions to those of marriage. But then, they'd both be marriage, just with different names. Then, we're back, full-circle, to fighting for marriage again.
1. I didn't define marriage. I simply gave the historical essence of it. You have no counter to address it.

2. You also had no answer for government's historically limited role or even absence regarding marriage.

3. To have equal rights you have to have equal identity. Gay unions don't, therefore their rights will never be the same as marriage.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my points.
Kimare's standard answer when zhe doesn't really have an answer, or a comeback.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:

3. To have equal rights you have to have equal identity. Gay unions don't, therefore their rights will never be the same as marriage.
And yet, we're about to have marriage equality. You know why? Our equal identity is the same as yours; two consenting adults.

It really is that simple; don't over-think it.

Muntzinga, Mangina Man

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Your constitution says otherwise.
It's nice that you're a decrepit old man who believes you're better than everyone else, but don't expect others to believe your own denial.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Anyone who contributes such a small part of marriage has no authority to define marriage. That has already been accomplished in numerous ways.
This is why marriage has always been diverse couples in every single culture across history. Government has not even been a part in many of those places, and still is not in some.
Like I said, if you want the legal aspects, get a gay union and rights that are specific to a duplicate couple.
<quoted text>
1. I didn't define marriage. I simply gave the historical essence of it. You have no counter to address it.
2. You also had no answer for government's historically limited role or even absence regarding marriage.
1. Life is like a story. History is just the first part of the story. Not every chapter is the same.

2. What was your point about government's historically limited role? That is irrelevant because the government CURRENTLY controls who gets that little piece of paper and, ultimately, who gets the rights and benefits that go with it.

3. Equal identity? Are you talking about clones? We're all human....how's that for equal?

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

3-1, slam dunk, Kimare loses.

Game over.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Marengo Jon wrote:
Game over.
I'm not sure if he really believes that his drivel contains actual, valid points or if he's a true troll and does this all purely for shock value.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Marengo Jon wrote:
Game over.
That "KiMare" hag lost a long taime ago but keeps showing up on the playing field like an unwanted streaker barging into a game whose only joy in life comes from disruption.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you have fallen prey to the lies of the agenda if you believe that.
the entire homosexual senerio, effects EVERY facet of society.
from schools/children/churches/laws that restrict believers in God and bible from openly expressing opposition without penalty.
if you think legalizing marriage of the same sex won't effect all people in one way or the other YOU ARE NAIVE.
certainly, equal contractual rights, and equality before the state and culture, are the hallmarks of a moral society, and that would indeed be a big change for the christian culture.

equality is the minimum position for a democratic society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you are backward in your thinking.
nations that 'go gay' as they say, never last.
Rome fell due to ungodly practices.
look at Europe today, talk about making the news all the time in their slow demise of finances and muslim take over....slow but sure.
America has always been great and prosperous because of our faith in God.
God protects the nation that does not turn its back on Him.
if we do, then you will see America (like other nations) go down that slippery slide to demise.
thats a fact proven time and time again through out history.
christianity, a failed moral system

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
gays try to insert they are born that way.
BUT
science says, no gene to define it.
PLUS up until the 70s it was diagnosed by physicritrists as a mental illness.
some Dr's still adhere to that diagnoses.
and the fact many have left that lifestyle and made changes in the other direction is proof enough that it is not 'fixed in stone' as they say.
the fact people can, have and do change their sexual activities is proof enough that it is not how one is born.
all mammals display homosexuality, it is completely natural.

what is not natural is religiosity, that failure is entirely human.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
Do you 'know God'?
You believe you know of Him and His presence but you don't speak for Him you blasphemous asshat.
patty is courtesan to jesus

every night

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that bit of insight.
I do agree with you on transgendered people.
I have trouble understanding what it's like to be them and I have trouble understanding how one would be like that.
Though I don't understand, I recognize that these people exist and as people, they should be treated just like everyone else. They should receive the same respect everyone else does.
My philosophy:
If it isn't harming anyone and those involved are at the age of consent, then we should let them be.
You are still so confused...

Transgendered are the simplest to understand. No rocket science needed.

One gender in their brain, another in their body. The gender/body wire got switched.

Even they acknowledge that. A genetic defect that they often try to fix.

Which brings us to GLB's. Why do you refuse to accept lessor mess-ups occurred?

In the spectrum of masculinity to femininity, GLBT's fall smack dab in the middle cross-over point, representing about 4%.

Which brings us to your last point, "if it isn't harming anyone."

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. I have posted medical proof of this over and over. You have posted proof of nothing.

Moreover, for someone to deliberately harm someone is criminal. For someone to allow themselves to be harmed is sick.

It is mind-boggling you would attempt to defend such idiocy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:

Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare's standard answer when zhe doesn't really have an answer, or a comeback.
Seems like your cut and paste gay twirl left out what you claim.

Makes you a liar. Pure and simple. Are you proud of that?

Why does a legitimate cause need to make ad homoan attacks? None of you girls ever answer that.

Hmmmm.

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••