So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14311 Dec 4, 2012
Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah thats one mungous cottage cheese ass shes haulin around
Gluttony and sloth.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#14312 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and i thought you said you read the bible?
Says the person who talks about "Mosanic" law.
Dan C

Sacramento, CA

#14313 Dec 4, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
We're you really like that?
I'm just curious, because I can't ask those who hate gays at the moment my questions, for they'll refuse to answer.
Why did you feel that way? Was there someone who made you think that way at first?
How did you push yourself to learn more about gay people? How did you combat your prejudices and how hard was it?
I'm actually very curious about this, because not many people have overcome their hate.
Yep.

I held a great deal of disdain towards gays for a long time. Used to laugh so hard I'd almost throw up in college when Sam Kenison was around and made jokes about them and involved myself in a couple of episodes of direct violence towards them when I was around 20-22.

No one really carries active thoughts about gays unless you have a family member who is one. You think of them as bizarre, sick and a waste of everyone's time. I got angry because I felt they were sucking energies away from more important things and was very hesitant towards the allowance of kids to be in their care. Being that I and others thought gays were so far off the chart in terms of their sexual nature you would automatically link them to pedophelia and other illicit forms of sex and thought no more of them than that.

It was these goofy threads that changed my mind once I was forced to research each one of my stances. That and a few posters kept their heads. I was twice as caustic then than I am now...LOL!!!! But it was directed towards gays.

Once I actually spent time trying to defend my position against homosexual marriage did I start seeing aspects of righteousness in it. It made sense. And it was as simple as that.

I still don't "like" gays marrying but it's none of my business nor is it others who would rather them not. As far as gay marriage I'm an unlikely ally and voted against Prop 8 when it was up for law. I still hold some prejiduces like the fact I'm really not keen about transgendered people but have learned to just shut up given I have no positive influence one way or the other to spout out how I think given that too is none of my business.

Simple logic goes into play when you finally decide to back gays and their pursuit of marriage. Instead of gays wasting our time by directing energies towards their cause it really comes down to those against gays waster their own time by focusing on homosexuals and not turning their own cenergies towards real problems.

I'm not going to be voted most popular in the gay community trust me but what turns out to be righteous cannot be stripped of that title and the homosexuals with to hold a nationwide ability to marry is exactly that and not hard to defend.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#14314 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
no, that would be your inability to get it the first time thats on repeat.
I tell you that peter said we ought to obey God rather than men, and what is your response?
am i surprised? nope.
You'll never get it through your thick skull that we are not a theonomy. Deny it all you want, that IS what you want.

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#14315 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith wrote:
no, there is no problem with the justice of God.
God tells us in the scriptures we were created with a mind, a conscience and FREE WILL.
God tells us that His desire is that we CHOOSE life and not death.
Hell was created for satan and his followers.
and if a person rejects God, then hell is what they deserve.
afterall, look at what God has given you thus far. Life.
the gift of life. He made you.
the experiences of life, blessings and love and friendship and every good thing comes from God.
He gave you His Son........ securing eternal hope of heaven.
so if a person snubs their nose at all that, hell is a just place for that individual.
and here is the thing so many neglect to understand.
it is not God who tortures one for all of eternity.
it is the one you chose over God and followed who will torture you for all of eternity........satan. Not God.
and yes God is eternal so He knows everything.
which has nothing to do with your or my free will.
even though He knows the begining from the end, He still lets us choose for ourselves.
when you get up everyday, you choose what you will eat for breakfast, He already knows that.
He knows our hearts better than we know them ourselves.
and in His infinant mercy and love for us, He granted us free will.
even the angels have free will.
The only thing I "choose" is to believe confirmed facts. I can't be sure that there even IS a god, and if there is, I don't know which one. Could be Jehovah, could be Odin, could be Xtapolapocetl. I don't know, and I don't have any way of confirming anyone else's claims.

I'm to be punished for THAT?

And it sounds like you don't understand my issue. Let me go back to my puppy-making machine. If the machine TELLS me, BEFORE creating a puppy, that it's going to be a bad dog, then it sounds like you want to blame the DOG for being bad, and that it deserves its torture. But, as the operator of the machine, I had the opportunity to NOT CREATE a bad dog, and I did it anyway.

If God KNOWS what my choices will lead to, then why create me? I can't make a DIFFERENT choice that will lead me elsewhere. I can't make a choice OTHER than the one that God foresaw.

This is such a hiccup in the consistency of religion. You can't have free will at the same time that you have someone (anyone) who sees the future. If I truly had free will, then I could do something DIFFERENT from the future that they see. But then if I did that, then that means they DON'T see the true future. Paradox. Impossible.

And also, I can't imagine ANY crime worthy of ETERNAL torture. This is INFINITELY immoral. Even Hitler should be able to work off his crimes EVENTUALLY. If he was responsible for 6 million deaths, then let's say he should endure torture for the full lifetimes of all 6 million people. Maybe double that, just to be sure. But FOREVER? This is unreasonable, immoral, and completely unjust.

Doesn't this God of yours KNOW that this planet is LITTERED with "scriptures"? Doesn't he see that there are BILLIONS of people telling BILLIONS of contradictory stories? Is he really going to blame US for being suspicious of ALL of them? I have to say, if God is real, and this is how he operates, then I wouldn't WANT to worship him. This is an AWFUL practice.

You need to see that this kind of contradiction drives many people AWAY from religion. I see no morality in eternal torture. I see no justice in condemning people who didn't choose the "correct" religion, or in punishing people who stick with logic and reason over stories about magic and talking animals. I certainly see no morality in a god creating people that he KNOWS will suffer forever. These are terrible precepts, devoid of morality or justice, which I think function only as scare tactics to make people obedient to their clergy.

How does any of this sound "just" or "moral" to you? Is this how YOU would run things, if you were God?
Dan C

Sacramento, CA

#14316 Dec 4, 2012
...wish and not 'with'....sorry

Carrot fingers and my only 2 brain cells fighting can cause typos.

Daytona Beach, FL

#14317 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and i thought you said you read the bible?
What you said was a personal threat, not one from God.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14318 Dec 4, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who talks about "Mosanic" law.
.....and sewing seeds.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14319 Dec 4, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is neither great nor does its output qualify as "thinking".
Sure it is, if all you think about is stupid sh1t.

Daytona Beach, FL

#14320 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't whether "I" am married or not.
as for pattiecakes marrige, thats none of your business even though you have worked hard trying to make it your business.
i thought you said you went to college?
and you can't see the similarity of the TERMS
neck in neck and back to back?
and just to be clear for all the posters know on topix you could be lying about your being married. After all, how do we really know?
we don't.
you bragged about how untouchable your marriage is
and how rock solid it is, but if there is one thing i have learned over the years, those are the very folks who are often blindsided by divorce.
do you know how many wives are snug in the thoughts that their husband would NEVER cheat? do you?
and they are out there cheating their brains out and the wives never find out in many cases.
People who brag are always the ones covering up stuff.
so just so you won't waste your time trying to set yourself up as 'safe' and infallable, in the eyes of posters on topix, let it be known that not everyone is gullible and easily led on here.
some of us have lived a very long time and have seen a lot over the years and know the reality of how life works.
Patty was also afflicted with the green monster of happy marriage envy.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#14321 Dec 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've repeatedly exposed the differences.
The only thing 'equal' is the number of people. You even have to change the legal aspect from an acknowledged vow, to a contract!
'Legal' marriage originally was provided for protection of children and mothers who worked at home.
Duplicate couples don't need those rights. Again, man up! Quit trying to deplete resources of woman and children.
Get your own under gay unions. Why are you so ashamed of that identity?
Stupid, marriage is a legal contract. Women who can't/don't have kids and make their own money are allowed to marry.
You really don't have an argument.
LOLSER!

Panorama City, CA

#14322 Dec 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my points.
The only argument you have is two people (that's a crowded feild...). Oh, and changing a vow to simply a contract (how romantic).
Everything else you stomp your feet in a hissy fit and demand that can't be included because duplicate couples can't qualify.
:-)
Again, idiot, legally, marriage is just a contract. That's the only issue here. Want to be romantic? Or rotic for lesbians.(That's the same thing a romantic, but without the "man"):) That's up to you and yours. The fact same sex couples don't qualify for the contract violates the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

Panorama City, CA

#14323 Dec 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay unions in many places already provide legitimate rights for duplicate unions.
What you fail to mention is that marriage rights originally involved just rights for biological children and mothers who work at home. Gay couples cannot qualify for those rights.
Grow up and man up honey! Quit trying to deplete the resources of children
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

Gay marriage doesn't deplete any resources.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14324 Dec 4, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas I cannot.
Which brings rise to another theory.
If UIF's family roots gown deep down into the place that shows her greeeeaaaat grandmammy was indeed Eve and grandpappy was Adam whilst the rest of us came up from evolution it might just strenghen the fact incestuous couples should not have kids.
LOL!
Maybe that was the point that the author of that story intended in the first place.:) It would not be particularly comforting to know that we all descended from people who conversed with snakes, anyway.

But then I did mention that my wife and I did speak to a snake, didn't I, so maybe there is some truth to it. Heck, and she and I came out of Africa at different times; her ancestors, who came to the new world as slaves, likely in the past 300 or so years, while mine being white, from Europe, likely a heck of a long time before that.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14325 Dec 4, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
I held a great deal of disdain towards gays for a long time. Used to laugh so hard I'd almost throw up in college when Sam Kenison was around and made jokes about them and involved myself in a couple of episodes of direct violence towards them when I was around 20-22.
No one really carries active thoughts about gays unless you have a family member who is one. You think of them as bizarre, sick and a waste of everyone's time. I got angry because I felt they were sucking energies away from more important things and was very hesitant towards the allowance of kids to be in their care. Being that I and others thought gays were so far off the chart in terms of their sexual nature you would automatically link them to pedophelia and other illicit forms of sex and thought no more of them than that.
It was these goofy threads that changed my mind once I was forced to research each one of my stances. That and a few posters kept their heads. I was twice as caustic then than I am now...LOL!!!! But it was directed towards gays.
Once I actually spent time trying to defend my position against homosexual marriage did I start seeing aspects of righteousness in it. It made sense. And it was as simple as that.
I still don't "like" gays marrying but it's none of my business nor is it others who would rather them not. As far as gay marriage I'm an unlikely ally and voted against Prop 8 when it was up for law. I still hold some prejiduces like the fact I'm really not keen about transgendered people but have learned to just shut up given I have no positive influence one way or the other to spout out how I think given that too is none of my business.
Simple logic goes into play when you finally decide to back gays and their pursuit of marriage. Instead of gays wasting our time by directing energies towards their cause it really comes down to those against gays waster their own time by focusing on homosexuals and not turning their own cenergies towards real problems.
I'm not going to be voted most popular in the gay community trust me but what turns out to be righteous cannot be stripped of that title and the homosexuals with to hold a nationwide ability to marry is exactly that and not hard to defend.
Thank you for that bit of insight.
I do agree with you on transgendered people.
I have trouble understanding what it's like to be them and I have trouble understanding how one would be like that.
Though I don't understand, I recognize that these people exist and as people, they should be treated just like everyone else. They should receive the same respect everyone else does.

My philosophy:
If it isn't harming anyone and those involved are at the age of consent, then we should let them be.
ROCCO

Twentynine Palms, CA

#14326 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith's post #14223 said "are you back again?

i won't stoop to your sewer level of personal attacks

find a topic to discuss like an adult or find yourself ALONE."

And now UIF says to Passing Through 3 posts later (#14226):
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
My ancestry is rooted in Native America, traced back to a Creator God
and we all know by your own admissions of unbelief here that your ancestory swung from trees.
Patty is so good about never posting again to anyone she threatens not to post to again.

Or revealing personal information, such as her ancestry....
ROCCO

Twentynine Palms, CA

#14327 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
would you like me to recap all the NON related conversations you have had on this thread?
How do you think we can move on to other issues if YOU and others refuse to let go of pattiecake and accept her absence and address me for who I am. UIF.
??????????
when you all start doing that, my mission will take a new direction
OK, Patty, get back on topic. Thanks. All of us already know your **mission**, and don't give a crap about it, you batcrap crazy loon.

I know, we're mean to pick on you and be so cruel, given that you're mentally ill. However, most of us have tried every way imaginable to try to get you to get psychiatric help and nothing seems to work. You're uneducable, ignorant and stubborn. So we're kind of stuck in a rut until you decide you've hit bottom and are willing to do for yourself what the rest of us have tried to do and failed, i.e., to get you the help you so desperately need.

You do not understand that your religion or your religious views are what any of us are fighting against when it comes to you, Patty.

It is your conspicuously declined mental health issues, which have not been ameliorated by your religion, so it is evident that man must step in where your god has failed you.
ROCCO

Twentynine Palms, CA

#14328 Dec 4, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
as long as you stupidly continue addressing me for someone i am not
you and I will continue to rehash stalking and invasion of peoples privacy.
I notice you left out gay-bashing. I'm sure that was just an oversight, wasn't it, Patricia?

You really don't mean to stop bashing gays, do you?

Now, if you don't like me addressing you as Patricia, United in faith, perhaps you should stop responding to any posts from me or anyone who posts to Patty or Patricia. Wouldn't that just simplify this whole process for you, and then you could get on with your new identity as United in faith?
ROCCO

Twentynine Palms, CA

#14329 Dec 4, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Numero uno - You only have a belief you even know wshat God's laws are. Which god? What religion?
The belief IN gods is a belief in one's religion and we in this country hold freedom of religion as dear to our hearts so in effect your belief in whatever god(s) you believe in does not supercede this country's Consitution nor it's laws.
As far as your prediction I've got over $36.22 saved in my life savings to hopefully have access to once in heaven that I'll bet you're wrong when you speak of what you think God will say.
Do you make loans perchance?
Dan C

Sacramento, CA

#14330 Dec 4, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you make loans perchance?
Anything $2.00 an under.

And you better hurry on that offer given I'm getting hungry and a Taco Bell burrito sounds good right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religious protests against gay films show divid... 3 min Wondering 3
News Are Gay Dads 'Treating Women as Mere Breeding M... 10 min Concerned 32
News In Swampscott, parents grapple with transgender... 26 min TerriB1 13
News "Ex-Gay" Speaker Invited by HCFA Draws Protest 51 min youll shoot your ... 15
News Religious protests against gay films show divid... 1 hr Ivan 1
Meadow Grove Obituaries 1 hr Meadow Grove Herald 1
News Arkansas to pay attorney for same-sex couples i... 2 hr Hudson 31
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) Sun Daisy 27,398
More from around the web