So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 20 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14097 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
that is kind of a weak reason don't you think?
if you are not gay, and it does not (as you say) bother your life in any way, then what do you care about what canadians think about America?
it is not backward thinking to subscribe to a moral code boots.
i think it is more honest to say,'misery loves company'.
You're misery right? Because that's the only thing that makes sense.

By the way, Canada's affairs are tied in with the United States' affairs. Anything that happens over there affects things here.
Of course you're too stupid to see this though, considering the fact that you're Patty.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14098 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
UH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO back to back term is used just like the neck to neck term is used.
Please present to us a link to a site where someone uses "back to back" in the same way as "neck and neck."
By the way, you'll notice the difference between the two terms is the "to" and "and."

Also, you made a mistake, but you are lying to make yourself look perfect. Though everyone here knows what you said and they know you misspoke and refuse to admit it.

Patty, just admit you were wrong and move on.
We all KNOW for a fact that you are not perfect.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#14099 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
according to the bible it is.
God says if you are neither hot or cold but lukewarm He will vomit you out of His mouth.
so yes i guess God is presenting it as a threat/warning.
That explains your presence here: YOU'RE God's vomit. Regurgitated and spewed away from His presence not because you're "lukewarm" but because you're a self-righteous, lying hag that no doubt tastes like the rotten fruit you are.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#14100 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
UH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO back to back term is used just like the neck to neck term is used.
Educated people have already corrected your stupidity multiple times. Your initial ignorance was troubling but forgivable; that you still refuse to learn from your mistakes just demonstrates how utterly uneducable you are. You revel in ignorance like a pig wallows in mud. No doubt attributable to your common ancestry.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#14101 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
correction: gay men are born with the same EQUIPMENT males are born with. they are attracted to men, because something is not 'right' in their thinking.
Our 'equipment' has evolved to reach farther and fit tighter for obvious reasons
We are also born with a different brain and spinal cord design to handle the extra load
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#14102 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
evil cow?
That's actually being charitable to you.
United in faith wrote:
you listen up, you are on here PROMOTING it.
No, YOU listen up, you feckless moron. PLH and others are here standing up for every citizens CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED right of equality under the law. The fact YOU fight against that makes you UNAMERICAN. Your mindset is the same as that of those who fought against ending slavery and segregation, giving women the right to vote and allowing interracial marriage. Those people were bigots just like you. And like you they HID behind their freedom of religion to justify their bigotry against their fellow citizens. There have ALWAYS been a significant number of Christians in the US that have quoted from their bible to justify their discrimination against and the infringement of the civil rights of their fellow citizens. You're just another in that long and pathetic line of hateful religious zealots.
United in faith wrote:
if you were told to go vote on it tomorrow you would vote yes because you have said many times over you think people should be allowed to have SSM under mans law.
so if you think it, if you vote it, if you condone that right, if you are here telling folks they SHOULD be allowed to have SSM and you are NOT telling folks the dangers of it, then you are for it.
just because you are not gay yourself, doesn't mean jack.
if you support their right to legalize it, then YOU ARE FOR IT.
you can't be both.
The fact that the civil rights of citizens should never be put to popular vote aside, PLH is actually following the commands of the Christian new testament by obeying civil authorities and law. Unlike YOU, who cherry picks which laws and commands you choose to live by while demanding those not of your religion abide by ALL your religious rules, even those you don't follow yourself, hypocrite.
United in faith wrote:
what idiot would know SS is wrong in the eyes of God but get on a public board and fight on the side of gays to have it their way?
What IDIOT doesn't know that the law of the land in the US is the constitution and not the Christian bible?
United in faith wrote:
a LUKEWARM, MIDDLE OF THE FENCE, CONFUSED, WORLDLY MINDED, WISHYWASHY person.
Which is leaps and bounds better than being a self-righeous, lying, hypocritical, self-appointed spokesperson for God like you.
United in faith wrote:
you either stand with God or you stand with the world
Keep advocating sedition, Patricia, and sooner or later the FBI will start sniffing around and then see where whining about having your "privacy" invaded lands you.
United in faith wrote:
why do you think He said, you can not serve two masters at the same time?
Probably for the benefit of simpletons like you who can't walk and chew gum at the same time either.
United in faith wrote:
you are pro-gay.
otherwise you would be fighting for God's cause, not theirs.
Even God commanded you to obey civil authorities, Patricia. The only "cause" you're fighting for is your personal animosity toward gays.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#14103 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
1. You could have looked this up instead of digging in to stupid... Common 'repetitive' genetic mutations;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_...
But these are not TRAITS, which is what I pointed out. These actually ARE defects, where huge portions of bodily systems are failing or even absent, causing detriment to their lives, to the point where they need outside assistance just to LIVE.

Homosexuality isn't even ON this list, but you still try to lump it there. Gay people aren't going to DIE from being gay, and they can reproduce if they want to. Being gay doesn't make you sterile.

Besides, even IF homosexuality were a genetic "disorder" or "defect", do you also go to Down syndrome websites, and tell them that they should not marry? Do you have conversations with people who suffer from cystic fibrosis, and tell them how they've "failed"? Do you seek legislation to limit the lives of people who suffer from Tay–Sachs?

I'll bet you don't. I'll bet you focus ONLY on homosexuality, because of the advice of an ancient book which completely CRAPS on the precepts of evolution.
KiMare wrote:
2. You look up if homosexuality is a method of population control. I already gave a logical answer (it has never been needed).
You gave no logical answer. You just said you were SURE that war and disease would beat nature to it. And then I pointed out that nature changes some animals ENTIRE GENDER in order to counter gender disbalance, and I guess you ignored that.
KiMare wrote:
3. I posted a university assessment of evolution that explained the primacy of mating behavior in evolution. You look it up, since you are the ignorant one. You might want to look up mating behavior also...
Mating is certainly INVOLVED in passing the traits favored by natural selection, but evolution is a process that allows populations to make better use of resources than their rivals. ALL LIFE is based on this struggle between rivals to consume resources. Mating is NOT involved in the evolution of asexual animals. Not all life is based on mating.

And civilized humans have the power to rise above such base instincts, and make life better for everyone regardless of their capacity to mate.

Well, SOME humans are civilized enough to care about making life better for others.
KiMare wrote:
4. Homosexuality fails at the very basis of evolution. Survival of the fittest. 96% of marriages result in offspring. 0% of gay unions do. Reasonable people would consider that a 'severe' failure.
But a "failure" of WHAT? You're being far too vague here. Not everyone CARES about reproducing. Humanity is no longer subject to "survival of the fittest". Civilized living has elevated us PAST such brutality. Anyone can succeed, even if they're not the "fittest", because we help each other out.

You are arbitrarily setting your OWN standards of "failure", so that you can say that homosexuality doesn't measure up to it. The number of happy gay people that succeed in life proves you wrong.

Are you just HOPING that gay people will "fail" in life?
KiMare wrote:
5. Vagina's don't lubricate because of a defect. Anus's don't lubricate because of design. You know this, yet you pretend to not see it.
Well, you'd have to PROVE "design" first, but I don't really care what vaginas do. I can't believe you care so much about other people's private lives.

Mouths have teeth, so you'd better never get a blow job! That makes about as much sense. Gay people are not defined by anal sex, nor vice versa.
KiMare wrote:
A legitimate cause stands on simple, honest reality. Your denial is reflected in your not posting my entire post, or ANY of the reference material.
There's not enough room here. Sum yourself up. I HAVE to, because you ramble. Your references are right up there, where anyone can see them. They're not dependent on me repeating them.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#14104 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
6. The internet did in 30 years what homosexuals have been unable to yet do in over 8,000 years. Your example only exposed the perposterity of your denial.
I thought you might be a honest gay. Sorry. Really, I am.
:-)
See, this is what I have to do because you go on and on. I have to start a new post window (I hope this stays in order).

I would say the internet has HELPED advance gay rights. Open communication destroys the stagnation of ignorance. Getting to know people dispels misunderstanding and enmity between them.

I’m not sure what you think you’re proving with all this. Do you expect that all gay people worldwide will suddenly see your logic, and turn straight? Will we just vanish? Will gay rights suddenly roll back, and every nation will go back to stoning us for our “crimes”? Do you just want people to feel bad for being different? Do you think there just aren’t enough babies being born in the world? Are you worried that everyone will turn gay if we’re not stopped?

I don’t get why you’re struggling SO HARD to make it seem acceptable to belittle and marginalize gay people. It really does seem like you WANT bad things to happen to gay people, and that you’re angry that we’re not all flinging ourselves off the nearest cliff.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#14105 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an excellent reference (Concordanance) with supplys both Hebrew and Greek. I am seriously contemplating learning Hebrew through a program being offered.
You'd be better served learning English first, Patricia.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14106 Dec 3, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
But these are not TRAITS, which is what I pointed out. These actually ARE defects, where huge portions of bodily systems are failing or even absent, causing detriment to their lives, to the point where they need outside assistance just to LIVE.
Homosexuality isn't even ON this list, but you still try to lump it there. Gay people aren't going to DIE from being gay, and they can reproduce if they want to. Being gay doesn't make you sterile.
Besides, even IF homosexuality were a genetic "disorder" or "defect", do you also go to Down syndrome websites, and tell them that they should not marry? Do you have conversations with people who suffer from cystic fibrosis, and tell them how they've "failed"? Do you seek legislation to limit the lives of people who suffer from Tay–Sachs?
I'll bet you don't. I'll bet you focus ONLY on homosexuality, because of the advice of an ancient book which completely CRAPS on the precepts of evolution.
<quoted text>
You gave no logical answer. You just said you were SURE that war and disease would beat nature to it. And then I pointed out that nature changes some animals ENTIRE GENDER in order to counter gender disbalance, and I guess you ignored that.
<quoted text>
Mating is certainly INVOLVED in passing the traits favored by natural selection, but evolution is a process that allows populations to make better use of resources than their rivals. ALL LIFE is based on this struggle between rivals to consume resources. Mating is NOT involved in the evolution of asexual animals. Not all life is based on mating.
And civilized humans have the power to rise above such base instincts, and make life better for everyone regardless of their capacity to mate.
Well, SOME humans are civilized enough to care about making life better for others.
<quoted text>
But a "failure" of WHAT? You're being far too vague here. Not everyone CARES about reproducing. Humanity is no longer subject to "survival of the fittest". Civilized living has elevated us PAST such brutality. Anyone can succeed, even if they're not the "fittest", because we help each other out.
You are arbitrarily setting your OWN standards of "failure", so that you can say that homosexuality doesn't measure up to it. The number of happy gay people that succeed in life proves you wrong.
Are you just HOPING that gay people will "fail" in life?
<quoted text>
Well, you'd have to PROVE "design" first, but I don't really care what vaginas do. I can't believe you care so much about other people's private lives.
Mouths have teeth, so you'd better never get a blow job! That makes about as much sense. Gay people are not defined by anal sex, nor vice versa.
<quoted text>
There's not enough room here. Sum yourself up. I HAVE to, because you ramble. Your references are right up there, where anyone can see them. They're not dependent on me repeating them.
Perfect example. You denied repetitive mutations. Now you shift to degrees of mutation.

Did you look up whether homosexuality is a form of population control? I have.

Did you look up mating behavior?

I have to 'prove' design? Do you understand how silly that is. Not to mention following your childish attempt to equate a defective vagina with the absolute necessity of lubrication for anal sex. As one doctor put it, "too much lub for anal is almost enough."

You compared how swiftly the internet occurred in response to the computer to how incredibly slow gay unions being called marriage is, even though marriage and homosexuality have co-existed for thousands of years.

Now you want shift to how it is used for gay twirl propaganda? In your case, how fitting.

You are a idiot in denial.

Location hidden

#14107 Dec 3, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t get why you’re struggling SO HARD to make it seem acceptable to belittle and marginalize gay people. It really does seem like you WANT bad things to happen to gay people, and that you’re angry that we’re not all flinging ourselves off the nearest cliff.
I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man.

I have faced that with every element of reality possible. It is the only way I have survived. And thrived.

You embarrass me and every other sexual mutation with your idiotic denial. Look at the gay twirl you regurgitate. And the good people you denigrate simply because they don't agree with your fallacious demands.

Denial is harmful. To you, and everyone you touch.

I state simply truths. Those simple truths undermine your denial. You belittle yourself with your lies, no one else needs to do anything.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#14108 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
No, I'm pretty sure that honor belongs to you.

Have you read the constitution yet? It's an Interesting read, and lays out a system wherein everyone has the same legal rights and protections, unless there is a compelling state interest served by denying them to a specific group for a specific reason, and the restriction is narrowly tailored to accomplish that goal.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#14109 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
4. Homosexuality fails at the very basis of evolution. Survival of the fittest. 96% of marriages result in offspring. 0% of gay unions do. Reasonable people would consider that a 'severe' failure.
And yet with some consistency around 6-10 percent of the population at any given time is gay. According to you logic, they all should have died out within a generation. Who knew, in reality heterosexual people will continue to have 6-10% gay offspring, thereby replenishing the gay population of the planet.

Let me know if you ever plan on offering an intelligent, logical, or rational argument.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#14110 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have faced that with every element of reality possible. It is the only way I have survived. And thrived.
You embarrass me and every other sexual mutation with your idiotic denial. Look at the gay twirl you regurgitate. And the good people you denigrate simply because they don't agree with your fallacious demands.
I state simply truths. Those simple truths undermine your denial. You belittle yourself with your lies, no one else needs to do anything.
Do you think you should have been aborted?

:)

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#14111 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Perfect example. You denied repetitive mutations. Now you shift to degrees of mutation.
I deny that homosexuality is a mutation any more than any OTHER trait is (which basically, they all are). But it ISN'T a defect. Your list of disorders were largely conditions that people DIE from, because they can't walk or breath or think, or because their blood or organs are missing vital components.

Homosexuality is NOTHING like any of this.
KiMare wrote:
Did you look up whether homosexuality is a form of population control? I have.
And what did you find? Did someone on the internet say "No", and you ran with it?

All I said is that it's been SUGGESTED that this may be how it functions. There have been studies that show that birth order may play a part in homosexuality. Too many baby boys means a gender disbalance. The body compensates. Sounds like nature at work to ME.
KiMare wrote:
Did you look up mating behavior?
Almost done, I'll have my 8-year dissertation ready in an hour.

Seriously? Mating behavior is a GIGANTIC field of study. Does it say "KiMare is correct" in chapter 1?

Did you acknowledge that some animals are asexual? No.
KiMare wrote:
I have to 'prove' design?
Yes, you do. I won't just fall over myself in my haste to believe whatever supernatural beings you posit. Whether it's gods or aliens, you must PROVE that they exist and that they're part of this equation. Again, I see NATURE at work. Not gremlins or monsters.
KiMare wrote:
Do you understand how silly that is.
It would be silly to just let you TELL me what you think is true, and to never expect you to prove it.
KiMare wrote:
Not to mention following your childish attempt to equate a defective vagina with the absolute necessity of lubrication for anal sex. As one doctor put it, "too much lub for anal is almost enough."
Did he say that to all the STRAIGHT people who love anal sex? Or did he waste his breath on a gay couple who hates it?
KiMare wrote:
You compared how swiftly the internet occurred in response to the computer to how incredibly slow gay unions being called marriage is, even though marriage and homosexuality have co-existed for thousands of years.
No one ever wrote a book that said the internet should be put to death.
KiMare wrote:
Now you want shift to how it is used for gay twirl propaganda? In your case, how fitting.
I'm not really interested in your standards of idiocy, not with the lunacy you're about to present...
KiMare wrote:
Are you. Are you really now.
KiMare wrote:
Sorry you feel denigrated from the fact that I disagree that gay people should be stoned to death, or criminalized. How fallacious of me to demand equality, dignity and respect. Would you feel better if I just cut my own throat?
KiMare wrote:
Ok, you can state those truths at the next meeting of lesbians trapped in straight men. I'll be busy planning my wedding to my partner.

Location hidden

#14112 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm pretty sure that honor belongs to you.
Have you read the constitution yet? It's an Interesting read, and lays out a system wherein everyone has the same legal rights and protections, unless there is a compelling state interest served by denying them to a specific group for a specific reason, and the restriction is narrowly tailored to accomplish that goal.
No, your response once again shows you are. Only a incredibly bigoted idiot would try to dumb down marriage to a legal contract.

:-)

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#14113 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my gosh.
you don't even try.
morality surpasses mans laws.
"Then Peter and the other Apostles answered and said, " we ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29
the made abortion legal.
but in the eyes of God it is murder.
punishable by God as murder.
if they passed a law to legalize anything concerned morally wrong, it would still be wrong regardless of mans law.
my point to you is that God always has the last word.
how many kingdoms have risen and fallen since the begining of time?
and who's law has stayed in place without change or fail?
If America GOD FORBID should fall tomorrow and be no more, God's law would still be in place and would still be what man will be judged by in the end.
Your record's on repeat.

Daytona Beach, FL

#14114 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
evil cow? you listen up, you are on here PROMOTING it.
if you were told to go vote on it tomorrow you would vote yes because you have said many times over you think people should be allowed to have SSM under mans law.
so if you think it, if you vote it, if you condone that right, if you are here telling folks they SHOULD be allowed to have SSM and you are NOT telling folks the dangers of it, then you are for it.
just because you are not gay yourself, doesn't mean jack.
if you support their right to legalize it, then YOU ARE FOR IT.
you can't be both.
what idiot would know SS is wrong in the eyes of God but get on a public board and fight on the side of gays to have it their way?
a LUKEWARM, MIDDLE OF THE FENCE, CONFUSED, WORLDLY MINDED, WISHYWASHY person.
you either stand with God or you stand with the world
why do you think He said, you can not serve two masters at the same time?
you are pro-gay.
otherwise you would be fighting for God's cause, not theirs.
You know who else called me a fence-riding, wishy-washy person?

Look in the mirror for the answer.

Daytona Beach, FL

#14115 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
according to the bible it is.
God says if you are neither hot or cold but lukewarm He will vomit you out of His mouth.
so yes i guess God is presenting it as a threat/warning.
It sounded like a threat from you.

Daytona Beach, FL

#14116 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
"Back to back" and "neck to neck"?? No wonder your marriage didn't last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 1 min Wondering 562
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min Reverend Alan 20,736
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 3 min Wondering 3,464
News Mark Hopkins: The Supreme Court and gay marriage 4 min Maurice 50
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 min Wall 32,396
News 8 Shocking Statements Opponents Of Marriage Equ... 9 min Lawrence Wolf 113
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 10 min Reverend Alan 168
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 59,632
Are the mods fair and balanced? 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 831
More from around the web