So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,016

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14076 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
no one HATES them.
and it is your personal opinion they are born gay.
certainly not a science fact.
and with no genetic gene, and with many EX gays
it is more certain you are not born gay.
no more than you are born a baptist.
God gives you a mind, a conscience and FREE WILL to chose.
just because you find yourself attracted to something or tempted by it, isn't cause enough to say it is something you SHOULD do.
........Yeah, this country full of god believers is really good at resisting temptation. "Would you like to super-size that, fatty?"

It's a free country. People can choose whichever "sin" they want indulge in. Tough!!!!

Id be out of business rather quickly if I decided that my fat customers are only allowed salad and steamed vegetables.

You're putting your god business out of business by trying to decide what others should have. Most people want to order from their own menu, even if it makes them fat.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14077 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
being treated equally in a humane way has no bearing on LAWS that are put in place.
do you think our constitution states everyone has a RIGHT to drive a car?
it doesn't. driving is a privalge you earn by passing a test and not loosing your license by breaking driving laws.
do you think our constitution states everyone has a RIGHT to work?
it doesn't.
you earn the right to work by applying and being qualified to work.
Being treated equally in a humane way has a lot to do with laws that are in place, and any laws that contravene the humane treatment of other human beings are wrong and must be changed. That is why people have been changing some of the laws.

If I might, you are running into the same brick wall as Yellodog constantly did (every day she was here) of making statements that completely either make no sense, or contradicts what you are actually saying.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14078 Dec 3, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you can fire someone for their opinions in America ! Where have you been ?!
"Right to work" laws in most of the states allow an amployer to fire ANYONE for ANY reason at ANY time, or for NO reason at all.
The protections of teh First Amendment apply almost exclusively to government action, NOT actions by individuals, nor non-government organizations such as companies, corporations, private clubs, and similar things.
Study a little law !
Thank you.
I've fired people for coming to work with an attitude, and bring down the morale of the rest of the crew, and turning off the customers. I've fired people for coming to work with dirty clothes and body odor,(after giving them an opportunity to clean up their act first, of course).

I'd rather pay the unemployment insurance than have them destroy my business.

Location hidden

#14079 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my gosh.
you don't even try.
morality surpasses mans laws.
"Then Peter and the other Apostles answered and said, " we ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29
the made abortion legal.
but in the eyes of God it is murder.
punishable by God as murder.
if they passed a law to legalize anything concerned morally wrong, it would still be wrong regardless of mans law.
my point to you is that God always has the last word.
how many kingdoms have risen and fallen since the begining of time?
and who's law has stayed in place without change or fail?
If America GOD FORBID should fall tomorrow and be no more, God's law would still be in place and would still be what man will be judged by in the end.
UIF, let's say that today you start by going out and doing something that God commands man to do, somewhere in the Bible, and you do a different thing everyday until you have covered each one of the commands he made somewhere in that book, how many days do you think you would get to before you were arrested, and perhaps put in prison for life, or, in some places in the USA, executed?

Perhaps start from the beginning of time which you claim that God made his laws that apply to man since the beginning of time, actually before that, as He had the laws in place, before he created things and time or so it is claimed.

I never knew the total, but some people here have stated there 600 and some different commands by God in the Bible. That then should take you less than two years at one per day, assuming you don't get stopped by the law before you get to the last one.

Even if you were not trying to prove to me that I am wrong, it would be a good exercise for a believer, anyway, to show God, just how obedient you are.

If that doesn't interest you, then tell God that, not me.

Location hidden

#14080 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
evil cow? you listen up, you are on here PROMOTING it.
if you were told to go vote on it tomorrow you would vote yes because you have said many times over you think people should be allowed to have SSM under mans law.
so if you think it, if you vote it, if you condone that right, if you are here telling folks they SHOULD be allowed to have SSM and you are NOT telling folks the dangers of it, then you are for it.
just because you are not gay yourself, doesn't mean jack.
if you support their right to legalize it, then YOU ARE FOR IT.
you can't be both.
what idiot would know SS is wrong in the eyes of God but get on a public board and fight on the side of gays to have it their way?
a LUKEWARM, MIDDLE OF THE FENCE, CONFUSED, WORLDLY MINDED, WISHYWASHY person.
you either stand with God or you stand with the world
why do you think He said, you can not serve two masters at the same time?
you are pro-gay.
otherwise you would be fighting for God's cause, not theirs.
The right to have same sex isn't being questioned by the government and the people, and that right already exists in the USA. It is SS marriage which is on trial, and whether ssm is legal or not will not affect those other things you mentioned, except perhaps to make things better.

Location hidden

#14081 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
UH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO back to back term is used just like the neck to neck term is used.
UIF, please drop that argument. You were 100% wrong on that topic, and that has been proved here many times. Let it go, because you can't win at something that everyone knows is wrong. The longer you drag it out, the more silly you re likely going to feel, when someone who cares about you takes you aside and tells you that yes you are wrong.

Besides what difference does it make if you misused a term; we all know what you meant to say anyway.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14082 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
according to the bible it is.
God says if you are neither hot or cold but lukewarm He will vomit you out of His mouth.
Your god comes across as exceedingly strange.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#14083 Dec 3, 2012
Just Think wrote:
Your god comes across as exceedingly strange.
I think it is less a matter of their god, and more a matter of how they choose to follow them. Of course, they ignore any commandment that would prove convenient for them.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14084 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my gosh.
you don't even try.
morality surpasses mans laws.
"Then Peter and the other Apostles answered and said, " we ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29
the made abortion legal.
but in the eyes of God it is murder.
punishable by God as murder.
if they passed a law to legalize anything concerned morally wrong, it would still be wrong regardless of mans law.
my point to you is that God always has the last word.
how many kingdoms have risen and fallen since the begining of time?
and who's law has stayed in place without change or fail?
If America GOD FORBID should fall tomorrow and be no more, God's law would still be in place and would still be what man will be judged by in the end.
While you were snickering over your little Uganda joke, did you think you were being moral? If you don't agree with man's law, why do you always cite man's law on freedom of speech in this country?
Your god obviously doesn't like freedom of speech.
What is more forgiving of your evil thoughts and vocalizing it, man's law or your god's? Which one will kill you for it?

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14085 Dec 3, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, let's say that today you start by going out and doing something that God commands man to do, somewhere in the Bible, and you do a different thing everyday until you have covered each one of the commands he made somewhere in that book, how many days do you think you would get to before you were arrested, and perhaps put in prison for life, or, in some places in the USA, executed?
Perhaps start from the beginning of time which you claim that God made his laws that apply to man since the beginning of time, actually before that, as He had the laws in place, before he created things and time or so it is claimed.
I never knew the total, but some people here have stated there 600 and some different commands by God in the Bible. That then should take you less than two years at one per day, assuming you don't get stopped by the law before you get to the last one.
Even if you were not trying to prove to me that I am wrong, it would be a good exercise for a believer, anyway, to show God, just how obedient you are.
If that doesn't interest you, then tell God that, not me.
It seems the big plan of this god is to get everyone to worship it, revere it, and love it unconditionally. It reminds me of an immature teenage girl who wants to have a baby so she'll have someone to love her, then reality sets in when its too late and she finds out the baby has a other plans.

Location hidden

#14086 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an excellent reference (Concordanance) with supplys both Hebrew and Greek. I am seriously contemplating learning Hebrew through a program being offered.
Oh, I see, then you could only go by what the concordance says, based on whoever wrote it. If they have the wrong translation from the original in mind, then it would still not be translated correctly. I know of a professor who taught theology in university, and his specialty was Greek and Hebrew, so I assume he understood those languages.

Unless the person reading the Bible with the Greek and Hebrew Concordance, also can speak those languages fluently it would be relatively useless to anyone else, because they don't need to read in Greek or Hebrew because they wouldn't understand it anyway.

Location hidden

#14087 Dec 3, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems the big plan of this god is to get everyone to worship it, revere it, and love it unconditionally. It reminds me of an immature teenage girl who wants to have a baby so she'll have someone to love her, then reality sets in when its too late and she finds out the baby has a other plans.
Yes, I am 100% positive that if one was to write up a report on some human being and put in all of the demands, laws, actions, etc., that believers attributed to God and state the human has those traits, 100% of them would say that the person should be institutionalized, and likely permanently.

You can see man's thinking all over the Bible description, or the Quran description, of God, because it reflects all the perversions that man has had through history.

Why any sane, person, if they actually really studied these things, would ever want to follow that God (except absolute and complete terror) is beyond me. I followed that God, partly from the fear factor, but mainly because of stupidity and the fact that I, like everyone else, was taught to listen to one's elders and especially ministers.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#14088 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
BECAUSE the KJV uses the word EFFEMINATE, which is another word to describe homosexual in the greek language.
Sodomites were MEN WITH MEN.
as described in Gen 19
effeminate is a female woman

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#14089 Dec 3, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
effeminate is a female woman
Or a REALLY cute guy !

:)

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14090 Dec 3, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am 100% positive that if one was to write up a report on some human being and put in all of the demands, laws, actions, etc., that believers attributed to God and state the human has those traits, 100% of them would say that the person should be institutionalized, and likely permanently.
You can see man's thinking all over the Bible description, or the Quran description, of God, because it reflects all the perversions that man has had through history.
Why any sane, person, if they actually really studied these things, would ever want to follow that God (except absolute and complete terror) is beyond me. I followed that God, partly from the fear factor, but mainly because of stupidity and the fact that I, like everyone else, was taught to listen to one's elders and especially ministers.
It appears to be a depiction of the worst in human nature. The god character is a good example of what absolute power does. If you don't like someone or find them distasteful, you have the authority to kill it or torture it, because you can get away with it. It's the same dominionist mentality we see demonstrated regularly here. If they had the power, they would do just that. History proves it.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#14091 Dec 3, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, please drop that argument. You were 100% wrong on that topic, and that has been proved here many times. Let it go, because you can't win at something that everyone knows is wrong. The longer you drag it out, the more silly you re likely going to feel, when someone who cares about you takes you aside and tells you that yes you are wrong.
Besides what difference does it make if you misused a term; we all know what you meant to say anyway.
Admit a mistake and lose all the attention? Not a chance.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#14092 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Homosexuality continues to exist for the same reason that numerous other genetic mutations continue to exist.
And what reason is that? Am I supposed to guess? Are you channeling Alex Trebek?

Genetic mutations are RANDOM. They don’t result in the same exact trait over and over again, in millions of people. Is left-handedness a mutation? Is genius a mutation? These are just genetic VARIANCES. I think you want to label us as a “mutation” so that you can say that you are “normal” and that we are broken.
KiMare wrote:
It has been suggested and debunked that homosexuality controls population for a number of reasons.
WHERE has this been debunked? Citation please. Some animal species change GENDER entirely, if their population becomes too disbalanced. Is it really so difficult for you to conceive that nature may try to curb reproduction in an over-exploding population?
KiMare wrote:
The focus of evolution is not 'maximizing resources'. You give evolution a green brain when it does not even have a brain. Again you show your ignorance.
Evolution has no “focus”, it's just a process. YOU wanted to give evolution a focus, by saying it was about mating behavior. Explain that to animals that have evolved to be asexual.
KiMare wrote:
Mating behavior as a priority is not 'moot', it is primary. It is the singular doorway for mutations to succeed or fail.
I never said mating behavior was moot. I said anything following your faulty assessment of evolution was moot. Mating is a MECHANISM of evolution, not a purpose or focus.
KiMare wrote:
As I stated, homosexuality fails on the second point, the desire to reproduce. You confuse a logical/emotional choice to procreate with a inherent desire to procreate (the lack of which constitutes a severe defect).
I think YOU’RE confusing a desire to PARENT with a desire to mount a female. Plenty of males are driven to mount a female, and they couldn’t care LESS if it results in offspring. Plenty of heterosexuals have NO desire become parents. There are countless variations in how people feel about this issue, and no one is “defective” because of it. You’re simply grasping for a slur to use against us.

And how does homosexuality "fail"? Fails what? Fails to interest you? Your personal tastes are not the measure of humanity's success.
KiMare wrote:
Moreover, you attribute a moral aspect ("worse") to a physical condition. Homosexuality and a physical inability to procreate are not moral choices.
The word “worse” was YOURS. I put it in quotes to emphasize YOUR misuse of it.
KiMare wrote:
The anus lacks the natural lubrication the vagina has
Even vaginas sometimes lack. That’s why you BUY lube.
KiMare wrote:
Practicing vaginal sex after anal sex can also lead to vaginal and urinary tract infections.
I don’t practice vaginal sex after anal sex.
KiMare wrote:
Anal sex can carry other risks as well. Oral contact with the anus can put both partners at risk for hepatitis, herpes, HPV, and other infections
Only if one partner is already infected, a risk which heterosexuals face too.
KiMare wrote:
Are you serious about equating the internet to the void of ss 'marriage' in all of human history???
“Void” is YOUR word, another opinionated slur. But no, I’m saying that humanity can adapt new things into culture. There have been various forms of recognized gay unions throughout history. And the past decade counts as “history” as well.
KiMare wrote:
You only expose how profound it is that ss 'marriage' has failed.
I think we’re making remarkable strides for such a short amount of time. And we’re only going to keep moving forward. Your side is running out of arguments to justify treating gay people like social outsiders. The more you strive to find reasons to exclude us, the more you look like a bigot.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#14093 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
and hell is very just.
I wonder if you could explain this to me, because it doesn't ring true.

According to Christianity, is Hell a "real" place? Is it actually a place of torment and torture for all eternity?

And a question about God... is he ALL-knowing? Meaning, can he see the future as well as the present? Does he know exactly where (Heaven or Hell) every human being will end up? Did he in fact know this before even creating the universe?

Because if the answer to both these questions is "yes", then there's a HUGE problem with the justice of Hell, and with the benevolence of God.

I would call it extremely immoral for a god to create a being KNOWING that the being is eventually going to be tormented for all time.

Let me make an extreme hypothetical, just to illustrate my point. Let's say I built a machine which makes puppies. The machine will tell me if the puppy will grow to be a good dog or a bad dog. All these dogs will be my pets, and the good dogs will one day go to an "old dog's home" where they will be pampered and spoiled. Bad dogs go to the bonfire behind the shed. They won't be KILLED by this fire, only slow roasted, forever.

Would it be MORAL for me to create puppies which I KNOW will be bad? Is it "moral" for me to create "bad" pupppies, even if I KNOW they're going to the bonfire? If I want to call myself "good" or "moral" or "just", then shouldn't I REFRAIN from creating the bad dogs? I'm just adding suffering to the world by creating them, and that's immoral.

I don't see how a god would be any LESS immoral, for creating humans that he KNOWS will go to Hell, while still creating them anyway.

I suppose some Christians might say that God is giving me the CHANCE to believe in him, but if he knows EVERYTHING, then he knew before creating me whether I ever WOULD believe. A god can't "hope" that I'll accept him, he already knows. I can't take a path which would surprise a god, or a path which he didn't anticipate. My final destination was assured long before I was created. Nothing I do in life will change it in the view of a god who knows all. If Hell was my destination when he created me then it's still Hell today, and will be until the day I die.

Yet he created me anyway. To suffer eternally. This is not "just". It's not moral. And it doesn't add up to the claims of Christianity, regarding a "loving" God.

If I'm misunderstanding something here, maybe you (or any Christian) could help me out.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14094 Dec 3, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
BECAUSE the KJV uses the word EFFEMINATE, which is another word to describe homosexual in the greek language.
Sodomites were MEN WITH MEN.
as described in Gen 19
First of all, effeminate means feminine.
Second, sodomy is oral sex as well as anal (not exclusively gay), which many straight people practice.

See, there have been many mistranslations in the bible throughout history. That is a proven fact.
The reason there are different versions and editions of the bible is because they are different, that's the point of having different versions and different editions. They are different.

Patty, you keep saying stupid things and the you refuse to admit you were wrong. There's this comment, then there's the one on "back to back" sex, and many more.
Just admit you're wrong for once in your life. The fact that you can't admit you're wrong just enforces the idea that you're wrong about everything (you are, we already know that, you aren't fooling anyone) and you're simply denying you were wrong. This is because you are stubborn and think lying is the new way to tell the truth.

Patty, you are wrong, just accept it.
Everyone here knows it, no one here will ever believe your lies, so just stop lying.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14095 Dec 3, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
And what reason is that? Am I supposed to guess? Are you channeling Alex Trebek?
Genetic mutations are RANDOM. They don’t result in the same exact trait over and over again, in millions of people. Is left-handedness a mutation? Is genius a mutation? These are just genetic VARIANCES. I think you want to label us as a “mutation” so that you can say that you are “normal” and that we are broken.
<quoted text>
WHERE has this been debunked? Citation please. Some animal species change GENDER entirely, if their population becomes too disbalanced. Is it really so difficult for you to conceive that nature may try to curb reproduction in an over-exploding population?
<quoted text>
Evolution has no “focus”, it's just a process. YOU wanted to give evolution a focus, by saying it was about mating behavior. Explain that to animals that have evolved to be asexual.
<quoted text>
I never said mating behavior was moot. I said anything following your faulty assessment of evolution was moot. Mating is a MECHANISM of evolution, not a purpose or focus.
<quoted text>
I think YOU’RE confusing a desire to PARENT with a desire to mount a female. Plenty of males are driven to mount a female, and they couldn’t care LESS if it results in offspring. Plenty of heterosexuals have NO desire become parents. There are countless variations in how people feel about this issue, and no one is “defective” because of it. You’re simply grasping for a slur to use against us.
And how does homosexuality "fail"? Fails what? Fails to interest you? Your personal tastes are not the measure of humanity's success.
<quoted text>
The word “worse” was YOURS. I put it in quotes to emphasize YOUR misuse of it.
<quoted text>
Even vaginas sometimes lack. That’s why you BUY lube.
<quoted text>
I don’t practice vaginal sex after anal sex.
<quoted text>
Only if one partner is already infected, a risk which heterosexuals face too.
<quoted text>
“Void” is YOUR word, another opinionated slur. But no, I’m saying that humanity can adapt new things into culture. There have been various forms of recognized gay unions throughout history. And the past decade counts as “history” as well.
<quoted text>
I think we’re making remarkable strides for such a short amount of time. And we’re only going to keep moving forward. Your side is running out of arguments to justify treating gay people like social outsiders. The more you strive to find reasons to exclude us, the more you look like a bigot.
1. You could have looked this up instead of digging in to stupid... Common 'repetitive' genetic mutations;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_...

2. You look up if homosexuality is a method of population control. I already gave a logical answer (it has never been needed).

3. I posted a university assessment of evolution that explained the primacy of mating behavior in evolution. You look it up, since you are the ignorant one. You might want to look up mating behavior also...

4. Homosexuality fails at the very basis of evolution. Survival of the fittest. 96% of marriages result in offspring. 0% of gay unions do. Reasonable people would consider that a 'severe' failure.

5. Vagina's don't lubricate because of a defect. Anus's don't lubricate because of design. You know this, yet you pretend to not see it.

A legitimate cause stands on simple, honest reality. Your denial is reflected in your not posting my entire post, or ANY of the reference material.

6. The internet did in 30 years what homosexuals have been unable to yet do in over 8,000 years. Your example only exposed the perposterity of your denial.

I thought you might be a honest gay. Sorry. Really, I am.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 min Frankie Rizzo 574
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 11 min Mr Cro Pockets 1,764
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 23 min NE Jade 7
General Hospital: Jason and Franco chemistry si... (Jan '10) 26 min dmw 2
Pierce: KSL won't be airing 'Days of Our Lives'... (Sep '13) 30 min amw 3
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 43 min Pro Ukraine 1,346
Man alleges sexual abuse as anti-gay 'conversion' 43 min WasteWater 26
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr Tre H 377
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 55,869
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 2 hr No Surprise 750
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Kawalski 3,289
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••