So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments
12,061 - 12,080 of 18,016 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
when i am ask a question or presented with a challenge, i do my best to meet it head on.
Then I look forward to reading your apology to me and your repenting of your evil tongue, name calling and dishonesty.

Even your screen name is a lie.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
She's the devil's secret weapon, just like the evangelicals who are whooping it up over the travesty in Uganda.
.. or tapping their shoes in the bathroom ..

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
of course i know what freedom OF religion means
it means i am free to exercise my faith both publically as well as privately.
and freedom FROM religion means when i share my faith, you can say 'i disagree' and that is your right.
show me where any 'forcing' of belief is occuring here.
I'll be glad to.

Passing laws based on what your idea of Marriage is in God's eyes.

You're welcome.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't.
i can not rehash, re-explain this over and over and over, KNOWING it makes no difference what i say.
But you did Blanche.

You've been carrying the back to back debate and fueling it for over a week now!

So much for your honesty (big surprise).

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
waaat?
WHO changed the bible? who? when?
the discovery of the dead sea scrolls was so significant BECAUSE they proved that in over 2,000 plus years our bible TODAY has never been changed from those original scrolls which MATCH our bible today.
no one has changed the bible.
Are you serious?

Your knowledge of what is contained in the Dead Sea Scrolls is so small we'd need an electron microscope to see it.

In fact many parts DISPUTE some of the major concepts that are the foundation of your Christianity!

Some parts refer to Books that are not included anymore in the Modern Bible.

This is what makes me so angry about people like you. You parrot spoon fed crap you learn from preachers but don't take the time to research things yourself.

DEAD SEA SCROLLS: THREAT TO CHRISTIANITY?

http://www.ewtn.com/library/SCRIPTUR/DEADSEA....

Could new discovery trump Dead Sea Scrolls? Scholars intrigued but cautious.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/0331/Co...
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Why Do Muslims Hate Christians?

Homosexuality, that is the primary cause for the divide.
Muslims refuse to accept homosexuality. Recently Christians have begun top join forces against such deviant behavior.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
waaat?
WHO changed the bible? who? when?
the discovery of the dead sea scrolls was so significant BECAUSE they proved that in over 2,000 plus years our bible TODAY has never been changed from those original scrolls which MATCH our bible today.
no one has changed the bible.
The apocrypha is a collection of Books that at one time were considered by Christianity to be valid and part of the Holy Bible.

Ever hear of the Lost Books of the Bible?

http://www.thelostbooks.com/
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I'm a 100% heterosexual, All Man!

All the data says Homosexuals.

Look for yourself:

FDA: Gay Men Still Banned from Donating Blood Over Documented Risk Concerns

WASHINGTON, D.C.,– Despite attempts by pro-homosexual advocates to paint the homosexual lifestyle as just another, normal, and healthy lifestyle choice, the FDA has renewed its 1983 policy that gay men cannot donate blood, due to the high-risk nature of living an active homosexual lifestyle.

This past Wednesday the FDA stated that, despite mounting opposition to the policy, it will for medical reasons continue to uphold its ban on men who live or who have lived an active homosexual life from donating blood.

According to the FDA, the ban is in place because,“A history of male-to-male sex is associated with an increased risk for the presence of and transmission of certain infectious diseases, including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.”

The FDA policy relating to homosexual men is unique in its severity. While there is a lengthy list of criteria by which a potential donor may be deferred from donating blood (such as visiting particular African countries), such bans usually expire after a certain period of time. The ban on homosexual men, however, applies to any man who has ever had sex with another man, even once, subsequent to 1977.

The Administration, however, argues that the strictness of the ban is justified, pointing out that the “policy is intended to protect all people who receive blood transfusions from an increased risk of exposure to potentially infected blood and blood products.”

Some, however, are arguing that the FDA’s policy is discriminatory against homosexual men. Arthur Caplan, in an editorial for NBC6 argues that new testing technologies alleviate any fear that patients may contract AIDS by receiving a tainted transfusion.“At one time, long ago, the gay-blood ban may have made sense. But it no longer does,” he said.

“If a man has sex with a high risk woman, he’s allowed back into the donation pool after 12 months,” complained Joel Ginsberg, the executive director of the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association.“If he has safe sex with another man, he’s banned for life.”

Recognizing that the area of homosexuality is a controversial realm, however, with pro-homosexual activists on the watch for any signs of discrimination, the FDA responded to accusations of discrimination in its updated official policy in the matter. The “deferral policy is based on the documented increased risk of certain transfusion transmissible infections, such as HIV, associated with male-to-male sex and is not based on any judgment concerning the donor’s sexual orientation,” reads the FDA’s policy.

“Surveillance data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate that men who have sex with men and would be likely to donate have a HIV prevalence that is at present over 15 fold higher than the general population, and over 2000 fold higher than current repeat blood donors (i.e., those who have been negatively screened and tested) in the USA.”

Dr. Robertson Davenport, who is an associate professor of pathology at the University of Michigan Hospital, agrees with the decision of the FDA.“The data are clear that men who engage in sexual contact with other men, as a whole, have a significantly higher risk of HIV,” he said.“Given our testing is not perfect, we will increase the risk to patients.”

A number of European countries have similar bans pertaining to homosexual man. Canada also forbids homosexual men from donating blood, due to similar concerns.

Read the full text of “FDA Policy on Blood Donations from Men Who Have Sex with Other Men”:
http://www.fda.gov/cber/faq/msmdonor.htm
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text><snipped for irrelevance>
Just because you took it up the butt and got sick, don't blame the entire gay community. You should have used a condom, considering you had to pay cash.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. or tapping their shoes in the bathroom ..
....or travelling to third world countries to tap the child sex-trade.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I'm 100% heterosexual(Normal)

The data says homosexuals, look for yourself:

FDA: Gay Men Still Banned from Donating Blood Over Documented Risk Concerns

WASHINGTON, D.C.,– Despite attempts by pro-homosexual advocates to paint the homosexual lifestyle as just another, normal, and healthy lifestyle choice, the FDA has renewed its 1983 policy that gay men cannot donate blood, due to the high-risk nature of living an active homosexual lifestyle.

This past Wednesday the FDA stated that, despite mounting opposition to the policy, it will for medical reasons continue to uphold its ban on men who live or who have lived an active homosexual life from donating blood.

According to the FDA, the ban is in place because,“A history of male-to-male sex is associated with an increased risk for the presence of and transmission of certain infectious diseases, including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.”

The FDA policy relating to homosexual men is unique in its severity. While there is a lengthy list of criteria by which a potential donor may be deferred from donating blood (such as visiting particular African countries), such bans usually expire after a certain period of time. The ban on homosexual men, however, applies to any man who has ever had sex with another man, even once, subsequent to 1977.

The Administration, however, argues that the strictness of the ban is justified, pointing out that the “policy is intended to protect all people who receive blood transfusions from an increased risk of exposure to potentially infected blood and blood products.”

Some, however, are arguing that the FDA’s policy is discriminatory against homosexual men. Arthur Caplan, in an editorial for NBC6 argues that new testing technologies alleviate any fear that patients may contract AIDS by receiving a tainted transfusion.“At one time, long ago, the gay-blood ban may have made sense. But it no longer does,” he said.

“If a man has sex with a high risk woman, he’s allowed back into the donation pool after 12 months,” complained Joel Ginsberg, the executive director of the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association.“If he has safe sex with another man, he’s banned for life.”

Recognizing that the area of homosexuality is a controversial realm, however, with pro-homosexual activists on the watch for any signs of discrimination, the FDA responded to accusations of discrimination in its updated official policy in the matter. The “deferral policy is based on the documented increased risk of certain transfusion transmissible infections, such as HIV, associated with male-to-male sex and is not based on any judgment concerning the donor’s sexual orientation,” reads the FDA’s policy.

“Surveillance data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate that men who have sex with men and would be likely to donate have a HIV prevalence that is at present over 15 fold higher than the general population, and over 2000 fold higher than current repeat blood donors (i.e., those who have been negatively screened and tested) in the USA.”

Dr. Robertson Davenport, who is an associate professor of pathology at the University of Michigan Hospital, agrees with the decision of the FDA.“The data are clear that men who engage in sexual contact with other men, as a whole, have a significantly higher risk of HIV,” he said.“Given our testing is not perfect, we will increase the risk to patients.”

A number of European countries have similar bans pertaining to homosexual man. Canada also forbids homosexual men from donating blood, due to similar concerns.

Read the full text of “FDA Policy on Blood Donations from Men Who Have Sex with Other Men”:
http://www.fda.gov/cber/faq/msmdonor.htm
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text><snipped for irrelevance>
Just because you took it up the butt and got sick, don't blame the entire gay community. You should have used a condom, considering you had to pay cash.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
UH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the king james version was THE FIRST version to be translated from the hebrew scriptures.
Nope!

LMAO!

English Bible History
http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bib...

A Brief History of the King James Bible
By Dr. Laurence M. Vance
As the reign of Elizabeth (1558-1603) was coming to a close, we find a draft for an act of Parliament for a new version of the Bible: "An act for the reducing of diversities of bibles now extant in the English tongue to one settled vulgar translated from the original." The Bishop's Bible of 1568, although it may have eclipsed the Great Bible, was still rivaled by the Geneva Bible. Nothing ever became of this draft during the reign of Elizabeth, who died in 1603, and was succeeded by James 1, as the throne passed from the Tudors to the Stuarts. James was at that time James VI of Scotland, and had been for thirty-seven years. He was born during the period between the Geneva and the Bishop's Bible.

One of the first things done by the new king was the calling of the Hampton Court Conference in January of 1604 "for the hearing, and for the determining, things pretended to be amiss in the church." Here were assembled bishops, clergymen, and professors, along with four Puritan divines, to consider the complaints of the Puritans. Although Bible revision was not on the agenda, the Puritan president of Corpus Christi College, John Reynolds, "moved his Majesty, that there might be a new translation of the Bible, because those which were allowed in the reigns of Henry the eighth, and Edward the sixth, were corrupt and not answerable to the truth of the Original."

The king rejoined that he:

"Could never yet see a Bible well translated in English; but I think that, of all, that of Geneva is the worst. I wish some special pains were taken for an uniform translation, which should be done by he best learned men in both Universities, then reviewed by the Bishops, presented to the Privy Council, lastly ratified by the Royal authority, to be read in the whole Church, and none other."

(continued in next post due to space limits set by Topix)

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
I'm a 100% heterosexual, All Man!
All the data says Homosexuals.
Look for yourself:
<quoted text>
Yuck! You're not my type. Who are you trying to convince?
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

It is funny you highlight Uganda, considering:

&fe ature=related
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Cackling over the prospect of Ugandan genocide fits the bill. Pure evil.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
It is funny you highlight Uganda, considering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =q1wwe9-be2YXX&feature=rel ated
<quoted text>
I don't open troll links. I told you that before. I hope it wasn't too taxing for you.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
HE WAS THE SON OF GOD.
stop perverting that which is Holy.
You should follow your own advice and stop using the Bible as a weapon.

But of course folks like you are to smug in their self righteousness to admit they are more concerned about being PERCIEVED as being right and moral instead of actually being right and moral.

You use the same clobber passages about homosexuality every other bigot does. You ignore any suggestion that other passages might show that what you're preaching it says might be incorrect.

You've ignored every post I've made today because the pose questions and Bible passages you either CAN'T handle or prefer not to examine.
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
it is easy to see why God uses the word "Fool" to describe people who are happy about going to hell.
...and it's easy to see why God uses the word "Fool" to describe people who are happy because they think they aren't.......

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Why Do Muslims Hate Christians?
Homosexuality, that is the primary cause for the divide.
Muslims refuse to accept homosexuality. Recently Christians have begun top join forces against such deviant behavior.
.. try telling that to the families that lost loved ones on 9-11 ..

.. you don't want to get into a Muslim debate with me ..
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. less than 24 hours. Patricia can't help herself, wants to have back-to-back sex with Boooots ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/russell-sprin...
I saw that.

Wasn't surprised whatsoever.

Nor will I be with what we see over the next 24 - 48!

(I had to type a VERY auspicious number to post this.)

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. no gangs here.
and anyone who comes on here from that area would tell you the same thing.
it is a SMALL country town.
no smog here.
no industry pumping it out.
No gangs there?

You don't have football teams and baseball teams?

There aren't cliques in the schools?

You don't have different denominations of Christians?

You're in denial.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Any religion that does anything other than promote peace and freedom from tyranny needs to be re-thought, IMO.
agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••