So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18009 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13326 Nov 28, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictation:
1. the act or manner of dictating for reproduction in writing.
2. the act or manner of transcribing words uttered by another.
3. words that are dictated or that are reproduced from dictation.
Inspire:
1. to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers.
2. to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
3. to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
4. to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
5. to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
You've always said the Bible was the "inspired word of God" until now.
Why backpedalling? Was the Bible dictated or inspired????
lady you are DUMB.
the sin of homosexuality has not only dishonered your body, it has rotted out your mind to the point you can't even understand a simple analogy of comparison.

i will not waste my time rehashing old facts.

so let me see how simple i can make it
the poster claimed the bible could not be the word of God because men wrote it.

i proved it wrong
based on the fact blind people have inspired great poetry at the dictation of a writer.

God didn't have to physically write it down, though He did with the 10 commandments in stone, but all God had to do was TELL and show His chosen prophets what HE wanted conveyed and that was sufficent.

did you read Isaiah 55:11?

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#13327 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't it 'ironic' how satan loves to steal from God.
for example, you using the word the AMEN to agree with someone who is arguing against the laws of God in the OT.
You know my beliefs on the OT and they are MY BELIEFS. What, do you suddenly desire to remove freedom of religion and speech so that I can't express my beliefs? Butt-out, nag.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#13328 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL thanks for repeating the same thing AGAIN.
I CAN read.
And you STILL missed the point.
The Bible does not use the word "should." YOU did.
A gay man WOULD NOT lie with a woman, so how is it possible
for him to lie with a man
as he WOULD lie with a woman? A straight man would lie with a woman, a lesbian would lie with a woman.
A gay man WOULD NOT lie with a woman.
What don't you get?
This verse does not apply to homosexuality.
I thought you took everything literally, Patty?
This is as literal as you can get.
WOULD, WOULD NOT.
A straight man should not lie with a man as he WOULD lie with a woman.
A gay man should not lie with a man as he WOULD lie with... wait.. he WOULD NOT lie with a woman, so this sentence no longer makes sense.
GET IT yet!?
It says "thou shalt not.."
Which is a directive- YOU.
There is no comparison to someone else.
"Thou shalt not do this as someone else would do that..."
There's no comparison, Patty, it's a directive, subjective.
you need to
1. pray for guidence
2. go to church
3. have a bible scholar help you with your misdirected assumptions
4. read the bible as it is written.
5. stop trying to change the bible to fit you, and know that you
cant change the bible, IT CHANGES YOU.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#13329 Nov 28, 2012
How convenient that homosexuals spend some much time on religion, a subject they know absolutely nothing about!

Then again unless you can lie about homosexuality and the damage it causes to society it's best to avoid the subject all together.

Homosexuals attack Christians and their beliefs when in fact there is nothing more damming than science.
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Any religion that does anything other than promote peace and freedom from tyranny needs to be re-thought, IMO.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#13330 Nov 28, 2012
I mean, Nothing more damming to homosexuals.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#13331 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Just wondering which chapter and verse you got that part from to be able to apply it to this verse.
And did it specify if the man in question was gay, straight or bi?
are you not aware that when someone uses () they are inserting their words in addition to the scripture........
trying to help you understand it.

i guess this is why God says in the bible the ungodly will not be able to understand the wisdom of the bible.
you are living proof of that.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13332 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you should watch one of his videos of speaking to children in schools as a speaker.
kids often get up and walk out. and when they do he shouts obcenities at them,
and he tells kids the bible is 'bs' and they should tell their parents and teachers or anyone else to go to --- if they say the bible is truth.
he is a nasty NASTY man.
with a horrid agenda.
I saw that video. He did not shout obscenities at those students. He called the Levitical laws bullshit in regards to the fact that all of you use the same passage to argue about gay rights, yet ignore the rest of the passages in Leviticus. The poor teenage virgin ears never heard the word bullshit before. Get real, stone-throwing, evil sow.

That walk-out was so obviously staged.

Daytona Beach, FL

#13333 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not tell me that.
and just for the record, since you keep telling me you are coming to RC for Christmas, which for you and your family is a good thing. but for those of us who don't know you, thats not even something that i or anyone else on topix needs to know.
Why? Are you going to be paranoid that I'm near you and keep watching out for a FL license plate?

For the record, you just stated that I didn't tell you I was going to RC and then you stated that I "keep telling" you. Get your story straight. lol

Daytona Beach, FL

#13334 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
of course i know what freedom OF religion means
it means i am free to exercise my faith both publically as well as privately.
and freedom FROM religion means when i share my faith, you can say 'i disagree' and that is your right.
show me where any 'forcing' of belief is occuring here.
No, what you do is beat people over the head until they submit. That's called SPIRITUAL WATER-BOARDING.

Daytona Beach, FL

#13335 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO! did you really say that?
let me pick my jaw up from the floor.
JESUS is the key to saving this planet.
Are you saying that Jesus is going to be passing out free birth control and adopting all the orphans??

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#13336 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you keep forgetting this town is SMALL.
to MOST people? Ha Ha Ha
you mean a FEW topix loosers?
and you keep CONFUSING me with another poster. Thats your misfortune.
Pattiecake IS caring for her mother and not here listening to your slams and jabs.
It would be very hard for anyone to know what i do for a living, since my line of work is very INDEPENDENT.
which blows your toilet cleaning theory in the river.
ya see if you didn't have your nose stuck up ever other sin sucking pervert on topix's hindend, you might not be so easily swayed to believe everything you hear on a public website.
Independent work? That usually means prostitution or drug-dealing. In your case it would be living with Mom.

Daytona Beach, FL

#13337 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
UH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the king james version was THE FIRST version to be translated from the hebrew scriptures.
The OT came down to us through the scrupulous care of ancient scribes who copied the ORIGINAL text in successive generatins. by the 6th century AD the scribes were succeeded by a group know as the Masoretes, who continued to perserve the scriptures for another 5 hundred years in the form known as the Masoretic text.(Babylonian, Palestine adn Tiberias were the main center of Masoretic activity. By the 10th century AD it was in the careful protection of Ben Asher & family. Daniel Bomberg printed the first Rabbinic bible in 1516-17. The next text was the King James version bible.
so, if you want to get as close as you can to the original text
translation of hebrew, you go with the KJV because it was the first text to ever be printed from the original scriptures.
False. The KJV was the 3rd to be translated in English. The Great Bible was the 1st.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorized_King_...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#13338 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>

i won't make the mistake of handing out info so freely that you people can't digest with any kind of common sensibility.
You seem to have changed your stance.

From what I've read you don't like reason being used when it comes to faith but now you contradict yourself (again).

BTW I corrected your spelling of sensibility.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#13339 Nov 28, 2012
CHEE WIZ STICKY BRITCHES, Are you trying to ignore more or the facts?

You Know Facts Like This:

CDC: Homosexual men account for 61% of new HIV infections but only 2% of population

Thu Aug 18, 2011 19:22 EST
Comments (33)

WASHINGTON, D.C., August 18, 2011 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has estimated that practicing homosexual men account for 61% of the new HIV infections in the United States while they only amount to about 2% of the country’s population.

Earlier this month, the CDC released estimates for HIV infections from 2006-2009 showing that new infections remained stable at around 50,000 for each of the four years.

Homosexual men (men who have sex with men) accounted for 29,300 of the estimated 48,100 new infections in 2009, and homosexual men aged 13 to 29 accounted for 27% of the new cases.

The only group in which new HIV infections is increasing, they say, is young homosexual men – driven by an alarming increase in infections from African Americans. They estimated that the new infections among young black homosexual men increased 48 percent in the period of 2006-2009 (from 4,400 HIV infections in 2006 to 6,500 infections in 2009).

The study also revealed that almost 20% of homosexual men have HIV, while nearly half of those who do are unaware of it.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/in...

California Homosexual Organization Admits HIV/AIDS is “Gay Disease”

>

LOS ANGELES, California, The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center has abandoned a long-held homosexual activist contention by declaring on billboards posted throughout Southern California that HIV/AIDS is a “gay disease.”

According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, the Center is trying to address rapidly increasing HIV infection rates among the homosexual population by rallying the gay community to increasing vigilance against exposure to the disease. Activists for the homosexual lifestyle have, until this current development, strongly, and sometimes vehemently refused to admit that the disease is predominantly generated among homosexual men.

The ad campaign, which is also running in magazines, is in part a response to the findings of public health officials, who have noted that three out of four cases of HIV infections are found in men who engage in homosexual activity, the United Press International reported.

US health officials reported an alarming eight percent increase in HIV infection rates in one year alone among homosexual and bisexual men. The Center for Disease Control also warned that a survey of 15-29 year old men who engaged in homosexual activity “reported that the proportion of unrecognized HIV infection was as high as 77 %.”

A report by the Public Health Agency, revealed a sharp increase in HIV/AIDS infections, with 61 percent of infections found in men engaging in homosexual activity.

NOTHING ABOUT CHRISTIANS HERE!
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that video. He did not shout obscenities at those students. He called the Levitical laws bullshit in regards to the fact that all of you use the same passage to argue about gay rights, yet ignore the rest of the passages in Leviticus. The poor teenage virgin ears never heard the word bullshit before. Get real, stone-throwing, evil sow.
That walk-out was so obviously staged.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13340 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
sow? i suppose the next time someone deems it feesable to call you a silly sap or a flambouant fairy you will remember that 'you reap what you sew' when you call others sow's.
first off it's reap what you sow ("sew" is past tense). If you want to quote the Bible it would be nice if you did so correctly.

But your ego and self righteous drive to be right prevents you from being humble enough to download and use a spellcheck.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#13341 Nov 28, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
How convenient that homosexuals spend some much time on religion, a subject they know absolutely nothing about!
Then again unless you can lie about homosexuality and the damage it causes to society it's best to avoid the subject all together.
Homosexuals attack Christians and their beliefs when in fact there is nothing more damming than science.
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that someone has to be something in order to understand it? You know a lot about eating feces. Have it your way. How's that shigellosis coming along?

Daytona Beach, FL

#13342 Nov 28, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
She's easing into it without admitting she was wrong.
Agreed.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13343 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats because you are biblically ignorant.
you don't read the bible
so therefore you have no REAL knowledge of who Christ was.
so you sit here and type slanderous (dirty minded) lies.
thats what seperates the weeds from the fruit.
Christ was the Son of God
sent BY God for a purpose.
which was not to be a sinner but to redeem people from their sins
Christ was sent here to be the perfect and flawless sacrifice for mankind.
and NO Christ did not just hang out with women.
liar that you are.
Mary the mother of Jesus
Peter's mother in law
Elizabeth
Mary Magdalene
Mary and Martha (lazurs sisters)
the samaritan woman
joanna the wife of Chuza
Susanna
there were others who knew and followed and ministered with Christ.
celibacy does not equate to one being gay.
gays want to rub their filth off on others if they can by saying
someone must be gay if they are celibate.
if you understood the Jewish code and laws then, you wouldn't embarrass yourself by making such filthy remarks against the Son of God like that.
Looks who is talking about understanding the Jewish Code!

Someone who has never discussed things with people who don't believe the Bible supports SSM, when in fact many JEWISH biblical scholars and Talmudic tradition support the idea that God intentionally made some people gay or lesbian.

You don't even follow these parts of the "Jewish Code" you love to refer to (Leviticus, Proverbs etc.):

Leviticus 19:16 You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the LORD.

Proverbs 26:20-22 For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases. As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife. The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.

Jeremiah 9:4 Let everyone beware of his neighbor, and put no trust in any brother, or every brother is a deceiver, and every neighbor goes about as a slanderer.
(I love this one. It really screws up those who put faith in their ministers)

Psalms 41:7 All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

And from the NT:

1 Timothy 3:9-11 Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things.

Titus 2:2-3 Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good,

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13344 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
are we playing a game here?
ok, fruitytooty.
Thank you for showing Paul was talking about you:

Romans 1:28-32 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13345 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the men in the white coats will suffice.
By their fruits we will know them.

Romans 1:28-32 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min here 10,690
News Fire heavily damages historic New York City church 4 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 4
News Young, gay and male: Suicide survey spotlights ... 19 min here 17
News Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. 23 min kuda 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 34,308
News 'Atheists, homosexuals and transgender individu... 1 hr PauldenZangpo0521 12
News Nigeria's Anti-Gay Laws Keep Men From Seeking H... 1 hr Belles Echoes 8
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 3 hr woodtick57 2,068
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 13 hr June VanDerMark 9,794
More from around the web