So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#13144 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
booty, you know pattiecake is not on topix anymore.
you KNOW that.
and you also know that when you address a post to pattiecake and tag it onto MY posts (united in faith) that you are directing it to me (UIF) and you want me to respond to it.
other wise you would start a new post directed to pattiecake, not to me.
so you are not fooling anyone on here with this sillyness
and you made a lengthy vow and promise to ME, on the PTAG thread post #56500 VOWING to stop fighting, VOWING to never call me pattiecake again...VOWING to be civil.
so what is all this hullabaloo you are stirring up on this thread about pattiecake after you made all those promises?
have you forgotten or are you someone who can't keep your promises?
Yes, and we are both responding to posts made by the other either earlier in the day, or the day before, so there has been some veering from my offer, before you saw it. Hopefully I will stay on track from here on.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13145 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you make it way to easy for people to call you an idiot.
i garentee you there are no gangs in my town.
lived her long enough, to know that.
my neighbors are elderly folk.
you beg to differ alright,
"way to easy"
"I garentee"
"lived her long enough"

...sorry, you were saying something about idiots?

Location hidden

#13146 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
post#565900 you VOWED a long lists of promises.
can we assume since you are ignoring your long lists of promises that you are a liar booty?
No, just that often I am reading your posts after you have left for the day, so that there is a lag of time when I posted after I made my offer, but you had not yet seen it, that I responded to some other posts without taking the offer into account, and that was my error.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#13147 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
"do i dream of you?" well now its offical, now we all know you really are HL.
your upcoming trip to RC is news to me........ and not even newsworthy at that.
I just thought that, since you think you're talking to me so much, you must be thinking or dreaming about me. There's no other logical reason for you to mention me so much. lol

I told you long ago that I always go to RC at Christmas.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#13148 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
read Romans 1
and 1 Cor tells you NO homosexual will enter into the kingdom of God
the NT fulfills the OT.
No Patty... YOUR edition says that.:)Mine, and many others DO NOT say that. Why is that, Patty?

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13149 Nov 27, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
No, procreative SEX is fundamental to the survival of our species. Seeing as we have over 7 billion people in the world, I think the gays can have a "get out of procreating free" card.
I expect it'll be about double that in the next 30-40 years.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#13150 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
because people are continually choosing every moment of every day to either do the right thing or the wrong thing.
.. hi ya, Buttmunch! Did you have a nice birthday? I'm sorry I couldn't attend the party. One of your neighbors telephoned me, wanted me arrive wearing only a skimpy lavender bow, stark naked underneath. Offered to pay my 1st Class airfare, included a limo ride to your home and an additional $1,000 in mad money for miscellaneous expenses ..

.. he exclaimed, "Buttmunch will be so surprised! Guide her to the bedroom, don't let her unwrap my present too fast. Make her savor every moment!" ..

.. sorry I couldn't come, sorry you couldn't come. Know I did the wrong thing. Will try again next year. You'll be what, 59 ??..

P.S. Did you receive the silk scarf I sent you?

Daytona Beach, FL

#13151 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
it matters not where you were born, or raised, people relocate and educate, and grow.
and learn. and often become career driven.
you don't call an educated man a hillybilly.
rednecks are people who don't 'move on from a hillybilly way of life.'
but i suppose everyone see's it their own way.
I agree...we obviously have different definitions of "hillbilly" and "redneck".

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#13152 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
listen up forest gump.......... if you don't want to hear the truth then stop posting to me.
stop begging for explainations and reasons and proof
you have more than demonstrated you can't handle it, and you don't have any intention of ever wising up.
so save yourself a lot of time and go spar with someone who is more on your level of poopish participants.
ok?
Baby talk.

Location hidden

#13153 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and no boss worth his salt would treat people the way you do.
you don't think GOD sees and knows everything we do?
God is God.
what part of that concept escapes you?
when we error HE IS THE FIRST ONE THAT KNOWS IT.
He see's our hearts when no one else can.
God didn't need to proofread what He imparted through the prophets HE SPECIFICALLY CHOSE.
Cracky man the more you write the more you show just how little you do know.
read Isaiah 55:11
you are not trying to call men faulty, no you are calling God faulty. You are saying God being God isn't powerful enough to 'make it happen'.
thats stupidity on your part.
"So shall MY word be that goes forth from MY mouth; It shall NOT return to Me void, but is SHALL accomplish what I please, and it SHALL prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
I assure you GOD have given you the best of the best in His word.
Time and test has more than proven that.
Perhaps it is a good time, UIF, since you now have read and agreed to my offer of a day or two ago, to make a few points of clarification. We seem to be bogged down in God and his intention in inspiring the Bible here, which really has nothing whatsoever to do with "So, what is it that the anti-gay groups fear" topic.

Regardless of the truth or the chronology or the authors of the Bible, none of that addresses what the anti-gay groups fear.

In the interest of not repeating a lot of stuff that has been repeated and rehashed so many times, perhaps we should leave the discussion of how the Bible got written to some thread which addresses that topic (currently I am not posting on any threads about the writing of the Bible, so I can't suggest which one that might be), so that we can discuss what is actually the topic of this thread. I believe most of us here are posting on several other threads, including you and I, so we must try to stick to each thread's topic as much as possible.

That is just my suggestion, as it seems we all do a lot of off-topic arguing which seems to go nowhere.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#13154 Nov 27, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness to the other poster, UIF, I think he was being sarcastic, to indicate that what you are saying about the Bible is exactly the same as what he said about Harry Potter.
While you believe that the Bible is 100% the true Word of God, many of us here do not believe that is is the word of any god, but rather that men wrote it for there own reasons, and historically we know that the current Bible was not one concise book as it is today but after Constantine cracked down on all the diverging churches, and ordered them to get some agreement amongst themselves, etc., the books we call the Bible today were compiled into one book, some of which are not followed by all denominations, and some are added, which are not likely in the one you follow, by other denominations.
Of course, then the Muslims, have taken the OT, and then added a whole new group of beliefs rather than following to the letter the NT, though they do acknowledge that the events of the NT, or at least some of them, did happen. Then much later the Mormons did much the same thing.
The interpretation of the bible has to change to fit the culture, or face it's demise.

Location hidden

#13155 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and that 'tactic' has been tried and retried here.
I am a light in the darkness
you just haven't come out of the darkness far enough to see it yet.
spiritual warfare isn't fought with complaceny and half truths.
how do you know what seeds of the faith will take root in whom?
all you see here are the SAME people day in and day out 'chained' to their sins and deceived by the father of lies to the point they have seered their consciences with a hot iron.
that is a small percentage in comparison to outside the internet.
how many people on here have you heard tell others that God loves them? how many people on here have you seen post biblical scriptures and other biblical facts?
how many people on here have you heard be bold enough to tell someone unless you stop this, change and turn to God you ARE going to go to hell?
have many people have you seen on here care enough to warn others of the dangers of rejecting God?
Patty? Do you know what freedom of religion means?
You can say you are "protecting" and "spreading the word" all you want. But you CANNOT force others to believe what you believe. There are many MANY different religions, and MANY different denominations in the Christian faith alone. And people who believe differently than you, believe JUST as STRONGLY as you do. You cannot change that nor can you try to force different beliefs on them. You are violating thier rights as Americans and souring people on your personal belief system SO much that others want NOTHING to do with Christianity. You are having the OPPOSITE effect of what you are striving for. you are not bringing people to Christ, you are turning them away, which is a sin in itself.

Lying.
Deceit.
spreading discord among brethren.
turning God's children away from him.
False witness.
And dare i say... Idoltery?

Location hidden

#13156 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
that post proves my point, fools will argue about ANYthing.
the term is a legit term.
i am sorry i brought it up, i didn't realize it would throw you hounds off balance so badly.
Please correct me if I am wrong, UIF, but I did look this up a few days ago, when this discussion first started, and to my recollection, though most google searches on just about anything come up with many hits, some off topic, that a google search on the expression "back to back" does not have any hits talking about sex positions, nor do any dictionaries that can be accessed online.

I think, though I could be wrong, that you are arguing a point here that you are wrong about. We all make mistakes so that is not a big deal.

I think the problem lies in the fact that all of the others think (or know) they have you on that point, so they are going to milk it to death.

Daytona Beach, FL

#13157 Nov 27, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect it'll be about double that in the next 30-40 years.
Homosexuals may very well be the key to saving our planet from overcrowding and parentless orphans.

o_O

Location hidden

#13158 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and no boss worth his salt would treat people the way you do.
you don't think GOD sees and knows everything we do?
God is God.
what part of that concept escapes you?
when we error HE IS THE FIRST ONE THAT KNOWS IT.
He see's our hearts when no one else can.
God didn't need to proofread what He imparted through the prophets HE SPECIFICALLY CHOSE.
Cracky man the more you write the more you show just how little you do know.
read Isaiah 55:11
you are not trying to call men faulty, no you are calling God faulty. You are saying God being God isn't powerful enough to 'make it happen'.
thats stupidity on your part.
"So shall MY word be that goes forth from MY mouth; It shall NOT return to Me void, but is SHALL accomplish what I please, and it SHALL prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
I assure you GOD have given you the best of the best in His word.
Time and test has more than proven that.
So why didn't God 'distroy' the Bible the first time someone changed it? And why not 'distroy' that man as well? Along with all the others that changed it over thousands of years?

Why doesn't God correct you when you are wrong?
Could it be that whole "free will" thing you like to talk about?
:)

Location hidden

#13159 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
on the contrary YOU refer to the NT with claims it does not teach against homosexuality.
i proved to you that it does by giving you ample NT scriptures to prove it.
the NT fulfills the OT
and Paul was quite detailed in Romans about it.
and He told you that no homosexual will inherit the kingdom of God in 1 Cor.
so don't you think if you are going to tell folks you believe the NT that you should start acknowledging what the NT teaches about it?
No Patty, that's what YOUR Bible says. Yours has been edited a few more times than most peoples' versions.

Daytona Beach, FL

#13160 Nov 27, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Please correct me if I am wrong, UIF, but I did look this up a few days ago, when this discussion first started, and to my recollection, though most google searches on just about anything come up with many hits, some off topic, that a google search on the expression "back to back" does not have any hits talking about sex positions, nor do any dictionaries that can be accessed online.
I think, though I could be wrong, that you are arguing a point here that you are wrong about. We all make mistakes so that is not a big deal.
I think the problem lies in the fact that all of the others think (or know) they have you on that point, so they are going to milk it to death.
Patty may note the lack of "back to back" on this list of sex positions. lol

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sex_...

Location hidden

#13161 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
on the contrary YOU refer to the NT with claims it does not teach against homosexuality.
i proved to you that it does by giving you ample NT scriptures to prove it.
the NT fulfills the OT
and Paul was quite detailed in Romans about it.
and He told you that no homosexual will inherit the kingdom of God in 1 Cor.
so don't you think if you are going to tell folks you believe the NT that you should start acknowledging what the NT teaches about it?
Perhaps, though, UIF, since no gays are going to change their orientation because of anything that anyone says on this thread, or because of what the Bible might say, we should leave it to the gays to not inherit the kingdom of God, if that is actually the case. They are gay; we can't change that, and even if they choose to stop acting as they feel, they will never change their natural orientation, so God will still know what is in their hearts, and still lock them out.

If God does exist, and if God does not accept homosexuals into his Kingdom, then they are literally screwed, and no one can help them.

I suspect an exception might be, as with people who actually change their sex, and sexual parts, if they were to choose to take certain hormones in excess, they might take on a different orientation simply due to that - I don't know that to be true though.

Perhaps rather than try to get these people into the Kingdom of Heaven, which, IMO, doesn't exist, we should still stick to what it is that anti-gay groups fear.

This thread really is about people who oppose homosexuality rather than about homosexuals themselves.

Location hidden

#13162 Nov 27, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is the exact same amount of proof that Harry Potter is real as there is that your god is real.
Since Harry Potter is more recent story than is the Bible stories, and the author is still alive, I would guess that at least the possibility of proving which is a real story is higher regarding Harry Potter than it is regarding the Bible.

In actuality there seems to be no possible way, at least so far found, that the Bible can be proved to be true.

We do have some actual proved evidence though, that has been 100% verified, that some of the Bible stories are in fact untrue.

I personally have not even picked up a Harry Potter book from a shelf, so I have no knowledge of him, except for little snippets I have noticed in the media, because it seems to have got a lot of attention in recent years. I would guess if it was to be compared with the Bible, and extrapolations were made, Harry Potter has had a much larger impact on the human population in a very short time, then the Bible has in 2000 years.

Location hidden

#13163 Nov 27, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
PLH......you don't want to go down that road.
you have more than revealed your personal opinion on SSM here.
you support it.
and Romans 1:26-27 is not MY opinion. when Paul teaches in the NT, you know the one you claim to adhere to, when Paul tells you that the women exchanged the natural use for what went against nature and likewise ALSO the men left the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one for another MEN WITH MEN committing that which was shameful..........that right there paints you a vivid picture of same sex being WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Vivid? Sex? I see niether of these things in what you just wrote.
In fact i see a very vague description of... something... with people.. and being shameful.... I don's see sex at all. Maybe your mind is in the gutter again.
United in faith wrote:
<when paul tells you in 1 Cor 6:9 that homosexuals will NOT inherit the kingdom of God that is as clear cut as it can be.
He doesn't say that Patty. He says this:
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And you're guilty of a few of those...
United in faith wrote:
<when Jesus answered the pharasee in Matthew 19 about RELATIONSHIP/FAMILY/DIVORCE Jesus rebuked him for not having read the OT scriptures about it.
and repeated what God said in Gen 2:24
Jesus repeated what God said in Gen about how it is suppose to be
a MAN and a WOMAN.
That was an example Patty. The author probably didn't know any homos.
United in faith wrote:
<you will not find God lifting up, blessing, approving of same sex relationships.......you will only find stories of where He distoryed cities of people who practiced those things,(Sodomites)
BS. God blessed Ruth and Naomi with a family and home.
God 'distroyed' Sodom for a THOUSAND reasons. It was not just because there were some homos there. Why hasn't he 'distroyed' San Francisco?
United in faith wrote:
<Jesus preached against sexual immorality.
Jesus only recognized ONE man and ONE woman marriage.
Jesus said He came to FULFILL the laws of God not to distroy them.
so when you try to tell people the NT condones it, you not only lie PLH, you are a stumbling block for people.
Now how do we know that when there are no examples of Jesus ever meeting a homo or homo couple in the Bible? Where are THOSE stories? And where the hell was Jesus and what was he doing througout his childhood and teenage years????? If he is the son of GOD and the Bible is a historical account of God and Jesus' life, why isn't it there?!?

You know what else got left out of the Bible?
Dinosaurs.
Does the exclusion of dinosaurs mean that they were condemned?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min ShutUpAlready 49,237
Jade's Turkey Grill 16 min Russell 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 17 min Frankie Rizzo 25,624
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 25 min bohart 5,948
Why dew the Jade threads keep going poof? 25 min Frankie Rizzo 5
News French TV's Recent 'Gay Scandal' Outed and Ostr... 42 min Roscoe 1
News Two men caned 83 times at Indonesian mosque for... 51 min hahaha 13
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 1 hr The Wheeze of Trump 415
News Two men caned in Indonesia for gay sex 3 hr Frankie 26
More from around the web