So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12200 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
which is only equal to your love of missing points and being clueless.
Speak for yourself Patty, you're the one in pure denial of who you are, the one that can't tell the difference between what is written in the dictionary and your perceived meaning of those words, you're the one that constantly argues and skirts the issues when you are proven wrong over and over again.

Yeah.. think you described yourself right there.
Good job.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#12201 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham was alive.
and the history of what happened was reported through Abraham and LOT.
read Gen 19
Moses wrote the book. Guess he wasn't an eye witness after all, eh?

When did Abraham and Lot have a chat with Moses?
ooops

AOL

#12202 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
well lets see, since you think same sex relationships are right
and since you think the bible is a lie, then one can only reach the conclusion that you don't know the truth from the lie.
Are there degrees of sin in the Bible? A sin is a sin is a sin, correct? It is up to them and God, you get yourself right with God first - maybe try to get your lying under control. Your problem is as serious as you think theirs is.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#12203 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
let me hunt up the article where that is not so.......
i will find it and provide it,
YOU provided the link, dumbass. Geez..........

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12204 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
The same sex issue is decided on by each of the various faiths that are there, and currently none of these faiths permit SS marriages to occur in Israel. However Israel does recognize the sanctity of ssm if performed in another country where it is legal, and also Israel has given certain rights to same sex couples which are pretty much in line with the rights under the law that opposite sex couples have.

It is also reported that the majority of people in Israel support same sex marriages.

Please check the facts, UIF, as they are clearly laid out online in several places.

You might decide to argue against SSM until you are old and dying, UIF, but if you live long enough, the facts will still prove you wrong. If everything moves as fast regarding SSM as other things have been changing in recent times, you should see all states have legalized SSM within 5 years. Likely it will be less than that for most of them. It may happen during the next term of Obama's administration, as it would look good on his record to be the President who was in power when Americans finally stopped persecuting gays.

One reason for that is that the USA will not be able to accept the fact that its closest neighbor on the longest borderline between it and other countries, has had legal SSM since 2007, and it is known worldwide that Canada is ore progressive than is the USA.

It is a matter of saving face. The USA tries to lead Canada in most things, so they are not going to let Canada lead on what many consider to be a major issue (it isn't because it involves so few people, however the homophobes like to exaggerate it).

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#12205 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>

the only think KY doesn't have that you have up there in NJ (gayland) is smog, gangs, and legalized houseplaying for queers.
That's very rude.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#12206 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? 10% of people in KY have no teeth? Did you really type that?
am i laughing hard or what!
do you think that ONLY people in the state of KY loose their teeth for different reasons?
I have some information that you need to know.
if you live long enough, chances are eventually you will have dentures like the MAJORITY of people in the world have.
your adult teeth might last you, and they might not.
where you live in the world has nothing to do with that FACT.
now i understand this is said to 'insult' Kentuckians based on bigotry and ignorance.
yes SMOG, that thick layer of haze that lingers over every large city in America coming from factories and such.
and you are very incorrect..... KY is not even on the top 10 list for lacking in education.
try Miss, New Mexico, Alabama, Lousiana, Hawaii, nevada, Calf, West virgina, Oklahoma.......as making the top list for worst education.
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-t...
lets examin a FEW examples of what KY produced.
Ephraim McDowell a famous surgeon who performed the first successful overian tumor
garret A. Morgan an inventor of the gas mask used for respiratory use in surgeries.
Thomas Hunt Morgan, a Nobel prize winner for genetic research
Matthew bacon Sellers, one of the first involved in power gliding flight.
Phillip allen Sharp another Nobel prize winner for the discovery of split genes in research for heriditary cancer
thats just a few of MANY brilliant people educated in KY
and here is a long list of many others.
http://www.kentuckytourism.com/explore/kyfact...
so i think it is unfounded and incorrect to aim toothless jokes at KY when i bet if you looked around your own neighborhood you might be surprised to discover a lot of denture wearin' folk as well.
Yes. 10% of people in Kentucky have no teeth.
http://www.e-archives.ky.gov/pubs/LPRC/foresi...
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/24/us/24kentuc...

Pain caused by dental problems is a leading cause of missed school days in Kentucky, according to state health officials, and almost half of the state’s children ages 2 to 4 have untreated cavities. About 1 in 10 state residents are missing all their teeth.

The majority of the people in the world DO NOT have dentures. Where do you come up with this shit?

Oh no you didn't quote ChaCha.......... you are such a dolt.

http://www.bipps.org/ny-times-education-still...
NY Times: Education still lags in Kentucky

Location hidden

#12207 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
this is truly funny. Someone living in Canada trying to tell an American to "keep it to themself."
you don't live in America, so don't you think you are over stepping your bounds here?
Do you realize how many people on this entire planet live lives based on biblical teaching boots? do you? I don't think you do.
I think you are so secluded in your little corner of the world that you don't realize that the majority of people do believe in God and trust the bible.
You don't pay my bills, or my taxes. So therefore you have no right to tell me to keep anything to myself.
you really need to think before you speak.
Nobody on this earth lives their lives according to all of the biblical teachings, UIF, because some of the teachings would get them the death penalty in many countries. Those that live as Christians according to your definition are far less than you imagine they are. Those who treat others as they want to be treated, according to the words of Jesus which he took from previous people, would be hardly any in all aspects of their lives, though many try to do that as well as they can.

Sadly, UIF, you show here so blatantly that you do not practise what you preach. You can talk a good talk, but if you don't show it in how you act, then others still aren't going to accept you for what you think you are.

As far as my not living in American that has the same relevance to what I say, as my saying that you don't live in Canada - NONE.

Location hidden

#12208 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and if the author wasn't there, we wouldn't have the story to read about it now would we? did you spend every moment in your history classes in school demanding the teacher PROVE the writers of the historical events really ever existed?
That pretty much follows for the books about Harry Potter, and all of the extremely popular books by Stephen King, doesn't it Patty. The author could hardly have written the stories, if they were not true and they were not there to witness them.

Location hidden

#12209 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what you call mythology, God demonstrates as MIRACLES.
all things ARE possible with God.
Yet there is not a single human being alive today that can confirm and show proof that others can accept as verified that anything has been made possible by God, or that God actually exists.

You will not prove that statement wrong, UIF, even if you choose to try to.

Location hidden

#12210 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
this is why you stay in a fizz all the time.
detouring from the original point.
trailing off into a whole other IRRELVANT issue.
the poster said, without cable one didn't have much tv.
my reply was that is not true.
Dish offers as much programing as cable does.
PERIOD.
I assume, UIF, that you have a DISH because your home is somewhat removed from the actual town of RS, so that having cable there would not be as easy.

I believe you explained to us some time ago over an argument about how one would or would not get somewhere if they tried to by going a certain way.(the exact wording of the debate escapes me but it went on for quite a while)

Location hidden

#12211 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
do you? Norwood has its own CITY officals.
How long did you live in Norwood, and do you keep up to date on its current governance?

Location hidden

#12212 Nov 21, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
That YOU are the same poster? Yes.
Me too, in fact I would let someone put a gun to my head with the safety off and the trigger on a hair trigger with his finger on the trigger with my permission to pull the trigger if I am wrong. Generally speaking that would be a stupid thing to do, because the guy might sneeze or start giggling and accidentally shoot me, but I am so sure of being right on this one that I would take that risk. If I am wrong I might as well be dead anyway.

Location hidden

#12213 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
did you not tell me you were gay?
you sound like PLH trying to tell everyone you are a Christian and practice homosexuality at the same time.
I hope you don't really think you can sell that notion to those who actually KNOW the bible.
fact is, a person who is reborn of the spirit is CHANGED and all OLD things pass away.
you become a new creature in Christ.
no longer doing those old worldly habits of sinful nature.
if you are practicing homosexuality, i can ASSURE you, you are NOT in right standing with God. His word is clear on the matter.
UIF, is it over 60,000 posts yet, that would disprove that comment about you?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12214 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you mean, after the bible everything stopped?
UMMM is right.
the bible is not fulfilled in completion ...YET.
Ah, yes, the great Christian "you'll see" theory that is supposed to keep everyone towing the party line.

So sad.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#12215 Nov 21, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody on this earth lives their lives according to all of the biblical teachings, UIF, because some of the teachings would get them the death penalty in many countries. Those that live as Christians according to your definition are far less than you imagine they are. Those who treat others as they want to be treated, according to the words of Jesus which he took from previous people, would be hardly any in all aspects of their lives, though many try to do that as well as they can.
Sadly, UIF, you show here so blatantly that you do not practise what you preach. You can talk a good talk, but if you don't show it in how you act, then others still aren't going to accept you for what you think you are.
As far as my not living in American that has the same relevance to what I say, as my saying that you don't live in Canada - NONE.
Actually, boooots, we do live in America.
What Patty doesn't understand is that North and South American residents are all American.

Location hidden

#12216 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and here is what i wonder, what does a person who uses the word 'f' to describe sex between two people even know about the concept of making love? your crudness and vulgarity is a perfect description of someone who thinks humans are animals and should behave like animals.
you missed the entire point. which was the distinction between human and animal to begin with.
Actually although generally accepted as a crude word in the recent past, that word is an old English word long used to describe exactly what you claim it isn't used for.

Location hidden

#12217 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
let me hunt up the article where that is not so.......
i will find it and provide it,
Best to not do that, UIF, as you are wrong.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12218 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one unable to come to grips with reality boots.
i am united in faith.
worry about your great lack of morality. you should morn for the loss of your soul and spirit.
can you define soul?

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12219 Nov 21, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes, the great Christian "you'll see" theory that is supposed to keep everyone towing the party line.
So sad.
I predict there will be wars, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, governments overthrown, maniacal leaders, genocides, religious persecution, new religions, unbelievers, and that everyone will die someday. I should write it all down, and someday when it is read, I'll be a famous prophet. Of course I'll have to throw in some magical stuff and "visions" for dramatic effect. Maybe I should drop some acid or eat some shrooms, or maybe fast, or deprive myself of sleep so that my visions come from an honest place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boy Scouts suffer a setback in Supreme Court ov... (Oct '06) 1 hr RecoveringRacist 322
News Richard Page, from Headcorn, loses case after b... 3 hr Abrahammock Relig... 1
News Oregon city council sorry after member says he'... 3 hr Abrahammock Relig... 3
News The gaydar machine: a backlash 3 hr Abrahammock Relig... 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr old_moose 13,219
Transgender "woman" convicted of raping 10-year... 4 hr Travis Turbil 3
News Australians embarrassed to be shown up by NZ on... 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 3
More from around the web