So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#12118 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
no teeth? well if i ever run into anyone here with no teeth i will be sure to laugh at your bigotry toward KY.
the only think KY doesn't have that you have up there in NJ (gayland) is smog, gangs, and legalized houseplaying for queers.
outside of that we are up to speed in every department here.
10% of the population of Kentucky have ZERO teeth.

SMOG?????? What year is it in Kentucky?

Up to speed in every department, eh?
People who completed high school KY ranks second to LAST
People who are obese KY ranks 4th
Teen birth rate KY ranks 14th

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12119 Nov 21, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in the process of reading it now. I'm curious what kinds of conversations I'll get into when I'm finished. No doubt, many Christians will tell me I've misunderstood it, or that some other failing of mine is preventing me from understanding it "properly". Reading it will likely have had no effect in improving the quality of their arguments.
Forget the serpent. What about the donkey? The story of Balaam is a near-perfect example of mythology. Within the context of the story, I have no issue with the idea that God made the donkey talk. What shocks me is Balaam's reaction. When the poor animal asks WHY she is being beaten, Balaam regrets that he did not bring his SWORD with him, so that he could KILL the animal for its insolence.
Is this how YOU would react to a talking donkey? Wouldn't you recoil in surprise, and rejoice at such a miraculous find? Talking donkeys could not have been that common. I certainly wouldn't want to KILL one if I came across one.
There are many stories like this one (so far, in my reading), stories which make MUCH more sense if we consider that they were just written by the people of the age, rather than by an all-knowing god. Primitive people WOULD make up stories like this. They do it all the time, that's why we have so MANY religions with so MANY scriptures. Humans LIKE creating stories like this. They're commonplace. The claims of the Bible are no more impressive than those of any other religion.
Have YOU read the "holy" books of THOSE religions? Christians are always so fired up for non-believers to read the Bible, so that we will "understand" the tenets of the faith. But, what position of authority do you speak from, if you haven't ALSO read the Quran, the Bagavita, or the Tripitaka? Must we read EVERY supernatural claim on EARTH, before we can ask questions or form opinions about them?
You say that God is not a god of confusion, but as far as I've gotten in the book, I have a lot of confusion. I have many questions which I already know are not going to explored further or answered in any way later on in the book. Who could I go to for answers? How would I know that THEIR answers are correct, since the answers are not provided in the Bible?
For example (just one of many), the Bible says that Adam named all the animals. But what language did Adam speak? If he spoke a pre-existing language, then he didn't "name" anything. He just pulled the words from the lexicon. If he DIDN'T speak a pre-existing language, then where did he get the words for the animal names?
Languages go through complex development which doesn't support the simplicity of this story (nor of the Tower of Babel). These stories ring of human invention, not divine inspiration. Is there NOTHING that can convince someone who values evidence and logic?
it isn't a mythology what you are actually doing here is what all UNbelievers do, you scoff at the power of God, you ridicule miracles because you don't understand the power of God.

Jesus turned the water into wine. MULTITUDES of people wittnessed it
Jesus raised the dead, MANY wittnessed it
Moses with the aid of the power of GOD rose His staff over the redsea and parted it for the slaves to cross in safety.
Jonah was in the belly of the whale 3 days
people were healed MANY TIMES OVER by Jesus and the crowds watched.
Jesus fed thousands with a few fish and a loaf of bread
the soliders marched around the city of Jericho and shouted the walls downs.
Israel has ALWAYS been victorious in wars and being protected by God.
the bible is FILLED with miracles.
wonder working, power filled miracles. Given to show and prove the power of who God is.

a talking donkey....... and you don't think the power of God could make a donkey talk?
try focusing on the surrounding purpose for that event.

all things are possible with God.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12120 Nov 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
They do it for the same reason a gay person doesn't just get off all by themselves.
You see blonde, reality is consistent. Do you want to got there?
There's a HUGE difference between 2 people in a committed relationship MAKING LOVE, and someone violently assaulting and FORCING someone to submit to sexual contact.
BIG difference between a "partner" and a "victim."
BIG difference between FORCED and CONSENT.
BIG difference between an expression of love and SHARED arousal, and PAIN, VIOLENCE, ANGER, and FEAR.

The fact that you can't understand the difference confirms the fact that you are, indeed, a mentally unstable, defective, demented, chauvenistic piece of subhuman trash with no ability to empathize or know right from wrong.
And you should probably be spending the rest of your life in a mental hospital or prison to keep your "horniness" from getting the better of you and your victims.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12121 Nov 21, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in the process of reading it now. I'm curious what kinds of conversations I'll get into when I'm finished. No doubt, many Christians will tell me I've misunderstood it, or that some other failing of mine is preventing me from understanding it "properly". Reading it will likely have had no effect in improving the quality of their arguments.
Forget the serpent. What about the donkey? The story of Balaam is a near-perfect example of mythology. Within the context of the story, I have no issue with the idea that God made the donkey talk. What shocks me is Balaam's reaction. When the poor animal asks WHY she is being beaten, Balaam regrets that he did not bring his SWORD with him, so that he could KILL the animal for its insolence.
Is this how YOU would react to a talking donkey? Wouldn't you recoil in surprise, and rejoice at such a miraculous find? Talking donkeys could not have been that common. I certainly wouldn't want to KILL one if I came across one.
There are many stories like this one (so far, in my reading), stories which make MUCH more sense if we consider that they were just written by the people of the age, rather than by an all-knowing god. Primitive people WOULD make up stories like this. They do it all the time, that's why we have so MANY religions with so MANY scriptures. Humans LIKE creating stories like this. They're commonplace. The claims of the Bible are no more impressive than those of any other religion.
Have YOU read the "holy" books of THOSE religions? Christians are always so fired up for non-believers to read the Bible, so that we will "understand" the tenets of the faith. But, what position of authority do you speak from, if you haven't ALSO read the Quran, the Bagavita, or the Tripitaka? Must we read EVERY supernatural claim on EARTH, before we can ask questions or form opinions about them?
You say that God is not a god of confusion, but as far as I've gotten in the book, I have a lot of confusion. I have many questions which I already know are not going to explored further or answered in any way later on in the book. Who could I go to for answers? How would I know that THEIR answers are correct, since the answers are not provided in the Bible?
For example (just one of many), the Bible says that Adam named all the animals. But what language did Adam speak? If he spoke a pre-existing language, then he didn't "name" anything. He just pulled the words from the lexicon. If he DIDN'T speak a pre-existing language, then where did he get the words for the animal names?
Languages go through complex development which doesn't support the simplicity of this story (nor of the Tower of Babel). These stories ring of human invention, not divine inspiration. Is there NOTHING that can convince someone who values evidence and logic?
what you call mythology, God demonstrates as MIRACLES.
all things ARE possible with God.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#12122 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
i will match a bag of hair anyday to your bag of dirt.
anyone who thinks there is NO ONE to write history, is missing common sense and the ability to reason.
Of course there was someone to record that event, and every other single event ever recorded in history.
idiot.
I didn't say "no one." You said it was the author, which was Moses. So Moses was there, eh? Interesting, since he hadn't been born yet.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#12123 Nov 21, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>10% of the population of Kentucky have ZERO teeth.
SMOG?????? What year is it in Kentucky?
Up to speed in every department, eh?
People who completed high school KY ranks second to LAST
People who are obese KY ranks 4th
Teen birth rate KY ranks 14th
10% of the population of KY have ZERO teeth? Are you including INFANTS in that statistic?? I was born and raised in KY - lived there for 28 years - and I NEVER saw any adult with ZERO teeth unless they were very elderly (in which case, they had dentures). So it's not like people are walking around, gumming their food.

Source, please.
ooops

AOL

#12124 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>

all things are possible with God.
When will God make you stop lying?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12125 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
it isn't a mythology what you are actually doing here is what all UNbelievers do, you scoff at the power of God, you ridicule miracles because you don't understand the power of God.
Jesus turned the water into wine. MULTITUDES of people wittnessed it
Jesus raised the dead, MANY wittnessed it
Moses with the aid of the power of GOD rose His staff over the redsea and parted it for the slaves to cross in safety.
Jonah was in the belly of the whale 3 days
people were healed MANY TIMES OVER by Jesus and the crowds watched.
Jesus fed thousands with a few fish and a loaf of bread
the soliders marched around the city of Jericho and shouted the walls downs.
Israel has ALWAYS been victorious in wars and being protected by God.
the bible is FILLED with miracles.
wonder working, power filled miracles. Given to show and prove the power of who God is.
a talking donkey....... and you don't think the power of God could make a donkey talk?
try focusing on the surrounding purpose for that event.
all things are possible with God.
And then, after the bible, everything just...um...stopped.

Yeah, Pattie, that's why its called a myth.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#12126 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
Did you even read the link, dumbass? It proves you wrong.

2006-NOV-21: Israeli court recognizes same-sex marriages

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12127 Nov 21, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
Apply that to your own beliefs Patty. Who wrote the Bible? MEN. Who should you trust, man or God?
You can't trust everything you read.........
try applying some wisdom to yourself.
the bible was not written by men.
the words are God's.
the bible is the INSPIRED word of God.
no man birthed those words.

"ALL scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine,.......
2 Tim 3:16

NO prophecy came by the will of man........

If the bible were merely mans word it would not be 100% trustworthy and true, and it would not be long standing and steadfast and unmoveable. It would not be called HOLY.
and it would not be accurate from begining to end.

the bible frightens the unbeliever.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12128 Nov 21, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron.
To most people, "cable" means any source of television programming you pay to have piped into your home.
You claim I "watc too much tv." I don't pay to have televisin programming piped into my home, how much "tv" could I possibly watch?
BETTER
THINGS
TO
DO.
this is why you stay in a fizz all the time.
detouring from the original point.
trailing off into a whole other IRRELVANT issue.

the poster said, without cable one didn't have much tv.
my reply was that is not true.
Dish offers as much programing as cable does.
PERIOD.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#12129 Nov 21, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read the link, dumbass? It proves you wrong.
2006-NOV-21: Israeli court recognizes same-sex marriages
She doesn't have a history of fully reading and comprehending the links she posts.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12130 Nov 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. You have no problem with abusing each other willingly. You aren't disgusted that someone (you) mistake a sewer system for a playground.
But you do have a problem when someone says the sex drive is far more powerful than any motive but food. And that's a close call!
The denial it takes for you to try to legitimize a genetic defect is astounding.
I take it as a compliment that my simple common sense and reality disgusts you.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Licking a sewer pipe isn't harmful?
Excusing a stupid unhealthy practice justifies a inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning practice?
Sooooo blonde.
You're a F*king moron, kmart.
I haven't excused anything to justify something else. What 2 people do with mutual consent in the privacy of their own home, whether it is unhealthy or not (anal sex, drugs, drinking, unhealthy eating, S&M.. etc) is NONE of YOUR business.

If by "licking a sewer pipe," your talking about anal contact again, let me remind you, I have NO interest in anyone's butthole.

If you were referring to cunnilingus,(which is not even a necessary or crucial part of some lesbian relationships, and is practiced just as much by straight people.) I assure you it is far from unhealthy or harmful and most people with any self respect at all wouldn't do it unless their partner was clean. Furthermore, if in fact, this is what you're talking about, you imply you don't do it, I feel quite sorry for your wife and your boring primitive sex life. Although I assume as most men, you expect her to do it for you. And refering to this as licking a "sewer pipe," leads one to beleive that coitus is nothing more than more than humping a sewer pipe if we use that same cheap kmart logic.

BTW your blonde remarks are not the least bit offensive. They just make you look stupid.

As I said before, I wear my hair openly on top of my head, I have no shame in my hair color.

If you really want to insult me, call me kimare.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12131 Nov 21, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, I have God's approval.
I'm not having issues with any of those things...
But you have, haven't you?
then you are not worshipping the God of the bible.

because the Creator God, plainly tells you same sex is vile, shameful, unnatural and an abomination.

the word of God plainly tells you that no homosexual will enter the kingdom of God.

and you don't know when any of those issues will sneek up on you in the days to come.
be sure your sins will find you out.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12132 Nov 21, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
"anotherwords," its a suburb.
Yeah, we understand that concept.
do you? Norwood has its own CITY officals.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12133 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
really? you would wager your very life on that fact would you?
That YOU are the same poster? Yes.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12134 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah but mine is 'kinmenship' yours is stalking a stranger.
An occasional stalk of celery with peanut butter, but that's it for me.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12135 Nov 21, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu said back to back, Patty. The sexual organs arent even exposed that way.
You meant front to back?????
We call that doggy style.
But you said back to back. Which is impossible in nature.
All that animal porn you watch and you still don't understand sex.
Is that how you did it with your husband? No wonder he left you.
I feel sorry for you.
feel sorry for yourself, because you don't know the difference between right and wrong.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12136 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
It's just like you not to read your own links. You have to read past the first sentence.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12137 Nov 21, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, it does NOT say what you interpret it to mean.
Just like the Bible.
Thanks for proving me right.
Again.
you are truely hopeless
you argue with the word of God
and now you argue with the dictionary

you are truly hopeless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr PROUD EX LESBIAN 57,901
News Roy Moore accuser says she was not paid to tell... 1 hr Rubic Pubes 39
Why? 2 hr Jose 2
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr opportunity knocks 26,564
News Aboriginal drag queen bringing gay pride to reg... 3 hr Francisco 28
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 3 hr Red Crosse 209
News Getting used to gay unions 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 26
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Rose_NoHo 14,009
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 5 hr Francisco 113
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 6 hr youll shoot your ... 76
More from around the web